Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Didn't see this anywhere else, so what say you? I would have fought the dumbazz...

http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/0...nt-discharge-case-paralyzed-ex-lapd-cop/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So letting a 3 year old have access to a loaded and ready to go Glock, is a problem Glock should be responsible for? Sometimes you should just man up and quit whining. You screw up, you deal with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Money changes everything. Right or wrong is irrelevant when huge sums of money are involved.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A good lawyer can get you plenty of money in our present society

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dumb move on Glocks part, they just set a precedence for their weapons.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glock took the cheapest way out, plain and simple. It cost less to settle out of court than it would cost to fight and win.
I wish it was different, but that's our justice system.
I don't know how this would effect future cases, but I believe it sets a dangerous example. Hopefully if and when it comes up again, the gun makers will fight it. Money isn't the only thing to lose in these cases. If the NRA won't chip in on fighting, maybe we gun owners should.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you were accused of something that you DID NOT do, and you KNEW that you were right...would you not spend every dime you had to fight the injustice and try to PROVE your innocence...?
Or would you do like Glock did in this instance and just 'pay' because it was cheaper...principles be damned...and what's truly right be damned...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I had the great fortune to be friends with famed oil well fire fighter Red Adair, and to spend some time in his company that I will always treasure. Red made a lot of money in his career, but actually MADE it, and often by rising his own life. He was very proud of the fact that none of his employees ever suffered a serious accident, much less a fatality. Some years before his retirement, a worker from a drilling company was killed in a blowout of a rig Red had been called to fight, but had not actually had time to get on the scene. The family sued everyone imaginable, including Red. He told us his lawyer advised him to pay the million dollars they were after from him, because it would cost more to fight. Red explained that he had nothing to do with the incident that caused the death, and reminded the attorney of his sterling safety record. He also stated that he really didn't care how much he spent fighting the lawsuit, because his name and reputation were at stake, and those things were beyond a price to him. He also fired the lawyer who advised him to pay off.

This is not to defend Glock, as I pretty much agree their guns are not really safe, but I do agree in this case they would NOT seem to be the primary culprits.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mikewriter

This is not to defend Glock, as I pretty much agree their guns are not really safe.

What does this mean? What is "really safe?@

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by David_Walter

This is not to defend Glock, as I pretty much agree their guns are not really safe.

That is an irresponsible statement. A "safe gun" is the responsibility of the owner.
The cop in question is paying a very high price for his lack of discipline and training. With familiarity sometimes complacency isn't far behind.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 05/14/16.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Maybe they should but an idiot warning on their guns like Ruger did. That will make them safe.

Last edited by krupp; 05/14/16.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
From the article:

The former officer alleged the gun and hip holster were negligently designed without a grip safety and that it required only minimal pressure to discharge.

“In fact, the trigger energy on the Glock is so low that it was easier to pull the trigger on the Glock than on cheap, plastic toy guns ordered off the Internet,” the plaintiffs’ attorneys stated in their court papers.

I threw up a little there. Funny how these unsafe glocks are doing millions of hours of LEO service (to civilians) all over the world. Course, none of these LEOs are 3 year olds.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fugck Chavez.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

The cop in question is paying a very high price for his lack of discipline and training. With familiarity sometimes complacency isn't far behind.

A Marine and a LA cop has a lack of training? You nailed it with complacency.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Simple answer - or way - to solve this altogether common problem.
Loser pays the attorney's fees and the court costs.
It'll never be done since many legislators are attorneys.
Just a what if - we barred attorneys from serving in legislatures, as they are members of the judiciary - hence, in an inherent conflict with the legislative side?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

A Marine and a LA cop has a lack of training? You nailed it with complacency.

Some of the most clueless dumbfuqks I've ever been around were military and LE when it came to dealing with firearms. Downright scary, a couple of them.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Anyone know how many lbs. the DA trigger pull on this Glock is?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'd say that it means that Glocks are involved with more accidents than any other brand. You figure it out.

Sam......

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I'd say that it means that Glocks are involved with more accidents than any other brand. You figure it out.

I'd say there are more Glocks floating around than most other brands. You figure it out.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sorry, Glock guys, but a "safety" that is disengaged by pulling the trigger is NOT a safety.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,168
Posts18,484,544
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.