Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Brent69 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Hi everyone,
I have not long joined your forum and have found it great!
I live in New Zealand and have posted the same question on local forums but to date have had a limited response probably due to the low number of forum members.

As the title says,i'm looking for lightweight qd rings for a Kimber Adirondack in 6.5 Creedmoor. I run Warne QD's on most of my scopes. They are great but heavy!

The new rings must!

- Be lightweight
- Fit weaver bases
- Have 1" and 30mm options
- Be "VERY" repeatable for accuracy
- Not bulky tactical looking things

Will be used for bush hunting with a 2.5-8 (1") and on the tops with a 2.5-16 or 4.5-14 (30mm)

Cheers Brent

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have found that for a Weaver style base, the Warne QDs in low are the lightest ones at around 3-4 ounces for a set, with the bases coming in around 2-3 ounces. Just as a reference, the Talley Lightweight mounts come in at around 2-3 ounce for a set. I have not looked at any aluminum mounts, but I am sure there probably are some out there. A Talley set of bases comes in around 2-3 ounces and the low rings are comparable if not a bit lighter than the Warne's.

B
Brent69 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the reply and knowledge! Looks like the only option will be Aluminium rings (Aluminum in American :))for a good weight reduction!? I have been look around for Alloy ones but no luck so far!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Brent69

The new rings must!

- Be lightweight
- Fit weaver bases
- Have 1" and 30mm options
- Be "VERY" repeatable for accuracy
- Not bulky tactical looking things

The original Weaver rings meet all those criteria IMHO. About the lightest option around, made for Weaver bases, 1" and 30mm options in various heights, and if you push forward in the slots as you do them up they are very repeatable. I've found them reliable too. Some might say they aren't great looking, but then again, beauty is as beauty does.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The original Weaver rings meet all those criteria IMHO. About the lightest option around, made for Weaver bases, 1" and 30mm options in various heights, and if you push forward in the slots as you do them up they are very repeatable. I've found them reliable too. Some might say they aren't great looking, but then again, beauty is as beauty does.

This.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Brad

This.

This and that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had good service from a couple sets of Leupold QRWs, but haven't tested the repeatability. One set was on a 12ga for slugs and held zero just fine. The ringtops have to be snapped over the tube, but don't tend to torque the scope while tightening, for me at least.

Repeatability (and reliability) is somewhat dependent on proper user technique with cross slot mounts. They need to be firmly pushed forward in the slots while tightening.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (300_savage, 1minute, 35WhelenNut, 2five7, 45_100, 2ndwind, 17 invisible), 1,770 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,862
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.