Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Hallsville,Tx? Lotta strict Baptist there.

Not long before the horse manuer spreaders show up.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Norm, it IS unlawful.

Parents have the right to be with minors when things like that occur. Testing, or interrogation.

If parents wanted access to their kids and were kept from it, then there's a problem.

I'm betting the outcome would have been different if a parent, accompanied by an attorney, would have showed up. But, that's wrong too: parental rights should not have to be enforced by an attorney.

I shared this with my high school aged daughter today. Asking her how she should reply if she was subjected to this kind of treatment she replied,"I want an attorney".

It's a sad commentary on our schools when part of prudent parenting is teaching you kids when to demand an attorney at school.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Don't overlook this nugget.

"Between all 20 of us parents, we spent more than $25,000 on prom..."

WTF.?

Yeah...and don't forget the only thing out there is from THOSE parents...this being their "worst nightmare" and all.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
simply a case of an administrator getting even with kids she doesn't like.

And spoiled kids.

Almost like they deserve each other.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At least they didn't get tazed.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i'd a tazed 'em. in their frilly prom dresses and schitty rented tuxes. i'd a tazed their asses til they told me who bought them the booze. teach them damn kids not to get hell off my lawn.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know if it's typical or not, but last spring the kids in Pendleton, Or were using tribal facilities for their prom. Every student attending had to blow before entry. County officers were holding down the door. Don't know if it was a school or tribal deal.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/22/16.

1Minute
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I thought drinking at prom was the law? Texas is weird.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
i'd a tazed 'em. in their frilly prom dresses and schitty rented tuxes. i'd a tazed their asses til they told me who bought them the booze. teach them damn kids not to get hell off my lawn.

Did you read the article? NO booze was found on the chartered vehicle. ALL of the girls tested 0.00 on Breathalyzer and were detained, Without Cause, afterwards. The Hallsville PD, at the urging of and in conjunction the school administrator, ran roughshod over everybody's rights.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Did you read the article? NO booze was found on the chartered vehicle. ALL of the girls tested 0.00 on Breathalyzer and were detained, Without Cause, afterwards. The Hallsville PD, at the urging of and in conjunction the school administrator, ran roughshod over everybody's rights.

facts don't concern me when there's tazin' to be done.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Breathalyzers at school? I never would've gradjuwaided.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unless the parents signed off on this as part of the prom rules, this stinks, especially the denial of access to the children by their parents. That's not too far from kidnapping. School officials and the police commander that allowed this should be fired, then get their asses sued off.

The bus driver was under no obligation to return for the illegal search, but he did it voluntarily, so there's nothing there.

Funny thing here is that the parents went to the trouble and expense of hiring transportation for their kids to keep them safe, and this is their reward.

The same school probably provides free condoms and takes girls to the abortion clinics without telling their folks.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

facts don't concern me when there's tazin' to be done.

LoL!!!

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kennyd
don't forget they always "look into it". How about they learn what the law (and common sense) allow. Police always take any opportunity they can to stretch laws and snoop. How did they get involved to start with?

The School can't win. They system is set up that no matter what the School does, it loses. The Lawyers win and the butt hurt win while the taxpayers pay the bill. If you want to go to Prom expect to be scrutinized. Prom has a history of killing kids and many getting pregnant or becoming fathers. If you spend $25,000 on a Prom, you are an idiot.

I would like to see it all end and the school gets back to educating. No funs stuff and no frills. Fu$& it!!

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by kwg020
don't forget they always "look into it". How about they learn what the law (and common sense) allow. Police always take any opportunity they can to stretch laws and snoop. How did they get involved to start with?

The School can't win. They system is set up that no matter what the School does, it loses. The Lawyers win and the butt hurt win while the taxpayers pay the bill. If you want to go to Prom expect to be scrutinized. Prom has a history of killing kids and many getting pregnant or becoming fathers. If you spend $25,000 on a Prom, you are an idiot.

I would like to see it all end and the school gets back to educating. No funs stuff and no frills. Fu$& it!!

kwg

The article didn't say anyone spent $25,000. It said that much was spent between 20 parents. I guess you haven't bought any prom dresses lately.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

kwg

The article didn't say anyone spent $25,000. It said that much was spent between 20 parents. I guess you haven't bought any prom dresses lately.

You are right, I have not bought a prom dress for over 10 years. I was the SRO who posted myself at the front door so if a kid walked in and he or she even hinted at alcohol they got checked. It was a known fact it was going to happen. I had my suspicions when the kids would not look at me or acknowledge me as they passed through the door. Trying to ignore me was a dead give away.

If you saw me going in and you had been consuming, the odds of you getting checked were close to 100%. I had a number pull up and when the door of the car opened up, NO ONE got out. They would simply close the door and drive away. I had the full support of the principals inside. In fact, they would bring them to me and they expected a PBT to be done.

If they tested positive, the parents were called ASAP with the demand they were to come and pick up junior or the little missy.

I'm sure there were some disappointed parents but no one pitched a fit because the rules were up front. I can't help but think the rules were well known by the parents and the students before this whole thing blew up. Butt hurt people seem to have to blame someone else for their problems and complaints.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

kwg

You are right, I have not bought a prom dress for over 10 years. I was the SRO who posted myself at the front door so if a kid walked in and he or she even hinted at alcohol they got checked. It was a known fact it was going to happen. I had my suspicions when the kids would not look at me or acknowledge me as they passed through the door. Trying to ignore me was a dead give away.

If you saw me going in and you had been consuming, the odds of you getting checked were close to 100%. I had a number pull up and when the door of the car opened up, NO ONE got out. They would simply close the door and drive away. I had the full support of the principals inside. In fact, they would bring them to me and they expected a PBT to be done.

If they tested positive, the parents were called ASAP with the demand they were to come and pick up junior or the little missy.

I'm sure there were some disappointed parents but no one pitched a fit because the rules were up front. I can't help but think the rules were well known by the parents and the students before this whole thing blew up. Butt hurt people seem to have to blame someone else for their problems and complaints.

kwg

The excuses and rationale flies, but NONE of the kids popped positive. Zero. No alcohol found on the bus. None.

Justify that.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

kwg

kwg

"After all of the girls blew a 0.00 on the Breathalyzer, the administrators called the charter bus driver, who was no longer at the school, to come back to the school and submit to a vehicle search of his bus," Hawthorne said. "They had all just passed the Breathalyzer showing no alcohol in their system. Why search the bus? I don't know if the Hallsville ISD police had a warrant to search his bus."

Once the girls blew 0.00, that should have ended it. The fact that it did not is the issue.

That's not being butt hurt. That's just being way out of line.

Once they blew 0.00, don't you think the attention should be refocused on the anonymous informer?

Or is it just standard operating procedure to keep looking until something is found...regardless of the validity of the information?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's Texas

any ?s ?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Doubt this is over.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6 invisible), 1,417 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,511
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.