Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, ex-First Lady and likely future presidential candidate threw out an odd legal suggestion to the National Press Club this week: a nationwide return to the double-nickel. According to Clinton, "The 55-mile speed limit really does lower gas usage. And wherever it can be required, and the people will accept it, we ought to do it..."

The announcement comes as a surprise, despite rising gas prices and increased pressure from environmentalists, as it is unlikely to prove popular with voters.Naturally, that's not the only automotive issue on her mind... among other four-wheeled initiatives, Clinton reported that she is pushing for 50 percent of America's gas stations to offer ethanol by 2015, with 100 percent by 2025.

http://fortune.com/2016/03/07/hillary-clintons-pledge-to-limit-fracking-falls-on-unconvinced-ears/

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Right now, I think the best use for ethanol is to pour a couple gallons down her throat and lit it up.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
and that bitches limo rolls down the road at 90 i'll bet. fuggen elitists make me sick.

My diploma is a DD214
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
All great points for Trump to hammer on during the debates...

"Do you want to go back to a 55mph speed limit...vote for her."

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That broad hasn't bought a gallon of gas or driven herself to the grocery store in 40 years but feels qualified to tell the nation how things should be on the open road?
Typical for an Elitist Liberal Nitwit.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
First time we went on a trip after the other 55, my wife wrapped up that little Volkswagon in 3rd, shifted, and said: "thats it?" Nobody obeyed, a lot of the cars were lugging even. My truck isn't happy until around 60+ in 5th.

As said, she doesn't have to drive anywhere, specially without a chauffeur, and then at whatever speed.

Ethanol is a conspiracy to ruin older engines forcing us to buy battery thingmabobs, and to support a few large croporate farmers.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by colodog
That broad hasn't bought a gallon of gas or driven herself to the grocery store in 40 years but feels qualified to tell the nation how things should be on the open road?

She wants America to experience what went down in the Soviet Union: us little people sweeping the gutters with a straw broom while she and her entourage blast by in black limousines with the curtains drawn so that she doesn't have to look at our abject misery.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Everybody can slow to 55 and save a couple gallons, then the states will whine that there isn't enough cash via gas tax to fix roads and surprise,
Gas tax will jump but we can afford it with lower pump prices, Yippee!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Of all the idiotic laws I've seen come out of this nation the 55 mph speed limit has to have been the worst. Not only did to cement the concept of traffic laws as a means of raising revenue, it killed a lot of people too. If you don't believe me then look up the NHTSA traffic death data. Highway deaths dropped a lot after it was repealed in 1994.

Proposing a return to that idiotic law should automatically remove her from the running.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Most cars I've driven/owned/run all seemed to get better fuel mileage above 55 - 65 or 70 it seems.

Me

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When we had it years ago, Idaho was forced to comply so they passed a law putting a $5 fine on speeding between 55 and 65 (or maybe it was 70). The police were exceptionally lenient, too.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by colodog

Thank you. Took the words right out of my mouth.

I think she slam dunks a few Jack and Cokes and then just dreams this schit up. TFF

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
When we had it years ago, Idaho was forced to comply so they passed a law putting a $5 fine on speeding between 55 and 65 (or maybe it was 70). The police were exceptionally lenient, too.

Same think in Wyoming. It was a $5 fine up to 75 and a 5 dollar rebate on the fine if you were wearing your seatbelt.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Right now, I think the best use for ethanol is to pour a couple gallons down her throat and lit it up.

Nah, go with straight gasoline.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This chit is getting old......die biotch!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Obama got by with being a worse president than Jimmah, so why not bring back the glory of the Jimmah era?

Oddly Hillary broke all kinds of laws and lost her job during the prosecution/persecution of the president who brought us the 55 MPH national speeds limit...and laid the groundwork for our economic demise at the hands of the ChiComs. Kind of puts establishment politics in perspective.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
"Wherever it can be required". Why the hell does EVERY DAMN THING have to be mandated? If you choose to save gas (and as stated before, a lot of vehicles do better at greater speeds), why not allow the people to have a choice? Just because the speed limit is 65, does not mean you MUST drive 65. Lefties cannot WAIT to FORCE you to follow their "suggestions".

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by watch4bear
According to Clinton, "The 55-mile speed limit really does lower gas usage. And wherever it can be required, and the people will accept it, we ought to do it..."

She's a freakin' IDIOT.. THAT was back when most cars had 350ci +/- V-8s and got 10 mpg on a good day..
Now, it would do bupkis.

And I'd LOVE to see how them mudducks just west of me would 'accept' 55 mph... Only time they'd get to that rate would be at a school parking lot when the buses would be droppin' off the kiddies... Even then, they'd cheat by 5 mph..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Does anyone else have an older car with a speedometer that only goes to 85? For you younger guys, during the last 55 mph fiasco, they passed a law saying that speedos had to be capped at 85. The idea was that speeders wanted to see how fast their car would go. If they wouldn't see it on the speedo, they'd wouldn't go as fast.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I remember seeing an 1100cc Kawasaki of that era equipped with an 85mph speedo. Pffft!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,190
Posts18,523,946
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.