Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
BMT Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
http://registerguard.com/rg/opinion...nst-those-who-insult-our-ideals.html.csp

You call me racist. You call me sexist. You call me ignorant. Sadly, this is not uncommon in America.

A disheartening example is President Obama’s infamous condemnation of the right: “It’s not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them.”

To what do I owe this honor? I am a Caucasian who goes to church. I intentionally married a woman who wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. I believe that it is wrong to kill another human being at any stage of life. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness — these are the simple liberties of a free society.

Yet I am reviled.

On May 6 I took my daughter, a high school senior, to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign rally in Eugene — a chance to witness history. Trump put on a good show and we left. As we walked to the car, we passed two people holding anti-Trump signs, shouting “Racist!” toward people leaving the rally.

I stopped. They were alarmed. One of them declared, “I have the right to free speech!” I agreed and allowed them to make their case. They repeated a few throw-away lines, such as “Love, not walls.” I then asked for my turn to make my point. “No!” they spat.

Vladimir Lenin’s quote immediately came to mind: “A lie, told often enough, becomes the truth.” Genocide, not liberty, is Lenin’s legacy.

My grandfather, Leo J. Herrera, came to America from Mexico, lawfully. My grandmother, Elizabeth Windt, came to America from Germany, lawfully. They met and married. English was not their native language, but they spoke it anyway. They wanted to become Americans.

I ask nothing more, nor less, of other immigrants — enter lawfully, speak English, become Americans. But you call me “racist.”

You call me sexist. The left sees itself as “pro-choice.” My wife and I have four children. My wife chose to be a stay-at-home mom. Nevertheless, the left denigrates my wife’s choice to raise her children. Worse, the left sees men and women as interchangeable, neither having any inherent value different than the other.

The left is mistaken. Women have gifts that men do not — bringing forth life is feminine, not masculine. Saint John Paul II said it best in his Apostolic Exhortation on the Family: “The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value.”

I will send my second daughter to college in the fall. She will find her own path. Some of my advice she will take, some she won’t. If she chooses motherhood over money and career, I will not count my tuition dollars as wasted. Sadly, I expect the left to damn her with faint praise.

You call me ignorant. You tell me it is wrong to be a skeptic. This is odd when one considers that science is most simply defined as “skepticism, organized.” The scientific method requires continuous inquiry, testing and verification. I do not claim to know everything. But I do have a bachelor of science degree from the University of California, Davis, and a law degree from the University of Oregon. I can apply verifiable facts to difficult problems.

Lately, we have struggled with the rights of transgender and similarly situated people. Lost in this debate are the few verifiable facts. We know that a person’s 23rd chromosome is the primary determinant of gender — XX for female and XY for male. Ordinarily, this is conclusive, but not always.

Dutch track athlete Foekje Dillema was banned from competition in 1950 and stripped of her records after she failed a “sex test.” A study published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine shed some light on her condition, stating: “Decades later, DNA analysis indicates that Foekje Dillema had a 46,XX/46,XY mosaic condition.” She had both XX (female) and XY (male) genes.

Olympic Gold Medalist Bruce Jenner is an XY male. He has recently transitioned to Caitlyn Jenner in a very public manner. This is clinically termed gender dysphoria. Jenner and Dillema have completely different situations and require different solutions. Contrast this to Obama’s one-size-fits-all public school bathroom mandate.

Yet you call me “ignorant.”

I will not submit to the left’s labeling me “racist” or “sexist” or “ignorant.” My children do not know why I am so hated, but I am. Tellingly, Jenner states, “I have gotten more flak for being a conservative Republican than I have for being trans.” Which brings me back to Donald Trump. Trump is no savior. What he is is a fighter. And he has chosen to fight those who hate me, hate my wife, hate my family and hate my church.

So I am all in.

Brian Thompson practices law in Eugene.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 05/25/16.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You actually think anybody's going to open that chit ?

WTF, Over ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
BMT Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Browser issues with all these ads.

Fixt.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
And in the Register Guard to boot. Nicely done, but when it comes to the legal stuff, bearcats trump ducks.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well said. We raised six kids and my wife stayed home until they were grown.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You hit the nail on the head BMT.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I like it!

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well said.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Spot on! Thanks for sharing that with us, at least for me it was very refreshing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
' I believe that it is wrong to kill another human being '

thats where you lost me.

[bleep] Pro lifer get a life douche bag !

Religous nutters have had there say for too long

IC B3

B
BMT Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Stevil

thats where you lost me.

OK then. I have permission to kill you? Or does your position only apply to someone else's life?

BMT

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

thats where you lost me.

Well, it's good thing the innocent don't have YOU in their corner fighting for them...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

thats where you lost me.

Great; you believe in unjustified murder at any stage of life. Since you Aussies have no problems bringing in Muslims that love to kill you, and you have given up your right to self defense, we can assume you have no problem with someone murdering you whenever they feel like it because you merely inconvenience them.

The sooner, the better, in fact.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BMT

thats where you lost me.

OK then. I have permission to kill you? Or does your position only apply to someone else's life?

BMT

We should understand that Stevil is: 1) Aussie, 2) an adolescent, 3) irrelevant, 4) completely lacking in intellectual ability or integrity, and 5) a mere troll.

Last edited by 4ager; 05/25/16.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

thats where you lost me.

Well, F U C K Y O U A S S H O L E!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Brian,

Very well written and spot on. I agree on all points. Based upon most of the comments you got on the linked article at the Register-Guard, it would seem that they have an extremely liberal audience.

Thanks for posting!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Brian- Great job with the content of the article and getting them to publish it!

I read the article in the RG this morning; but did not know at the time that it was from a fellow 24 CF member. It was nice to see that printed in the local liberal paper.

Yes the RG is a very liberal paper in one of the most liberal strongholds in the entire USA. But... There are a number of conservative people that live here. Unfortunately, not enough to sway the crazy liberal voting in this most blue of states. But does not stop me from voting or standing for what is right!

And that includes the rights of all human beings- born or unborn

Stephen

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Great editorial BMT.

I don't understand what compels some retarded reject half a world away to comment on our politics? Some neutered liberal limp wrist thinks we GAF about what she thinks?tff

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

thats where you lost me.

Your mother had a chance - early on. Too bad, we'd all be better off.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not a pro lifer but I thoroughly enjoyed your editorial and find you a man of good and honorable character.

Stevil on the other hand represents everything that is wrong with people and especially liberals.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (44automag, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 444Matt, 21 invisible), 1,507 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,208
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.