There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Dave,
Hope y'all are getting along ok. i know it's been a tough time.

Thanks for the reminder, Keith

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thank you Keith. I had a punch in the gut last Wed. Chad's widow is trying to get a posthumous VA claim. She has a WV state provided VA advocate assisting her. Kim told me they went to the VA 7 times and he was turned away claiming he was bi-polar and didn't have PTSD and the VA didn't cover that. Chad did not see or talk to any VA doctors! The advocate was stunned.
Needless to say I would not pizz on the democrat OR republican parties if they were on fire.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
RIP in Gods Everlasting Presence High Brass. smile

Trump Won!
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dave,

Did I ever mention to you that Chad beat about five 24 Hour Campfire members on a shooting contest (22 RF) in New Bern, NC? I was using my Marlin 39A and Chad was using a bolt action Remington of some type I believe. He was a helluva shot. Plus, he liked Savage 99s, like me.

He was a good, decent man. He called me right after a mini hurricane went through eastern NC many years back. He wanted to see if I wanted him to go check on my in-laws in Beaufort, NC. The in-laws had no power or means of communication. I was stationed in VA at the time.

No, I will not forget him.

God bless.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dave, I think often of you and your lad. I keep you in my prayers. I just don't know how well I could have handled your load. Keep the faith, brother.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Thank you Keith. I had a punch in the gut last Wed. Chad's widow is trying to get a posthumous VA claim. She has a WV state provided VA advocate assisting her. Kim told me they went to the VA 7 times and he was turned away claiming he was bi-polar and didn't have PTSD and the VA didn't cover that. Chad did not see or talk to any VA doctors! The advocate was stunned.
Needless to say I would not pizz on the democrat OR republican parties if they were on fire.

I am, unfortunately, not surprised. I didn't need to hear this, but I'm not surprised.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've followed your posts about your son. A close friend lost his son, a Marine as well, to nearly identical circumstances. I have no real words that will help, but want you to know there are others who realize that there are too many of these young men.

My friend has been very active the last few years trying to raise money and awareness. I suppose it is one way to make sense of it all.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Damn Dave. I'm sure you're very proud of him, I know I would be. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RIP.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
IC B3

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
By the way, I have that same exact Remington hat that he is wearing in the first pic. Killed a lot of game wearing that hat. Also missed a truckload of partridge too. He had good taste in hats. smile

I remember when I looked that squared away wearing Service C's.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Chad shooting that Savage 99 of his back in August 2009 at B&R Range in Havelock NC; same weekend he won the 22 shoot-off in Mike's backyard. We had a 24 Hour Campfire get together down east - those were good times with good people! Chad was a great young man who left us way too soon.

[Linked Image]

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
I remember he won the contest at Mike's. IIRC he used a single shot Winchester. He was always a helper to others.

Last edited by Dave_in_WV; 05/26/16.

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Odessa
Chad shooting that Savage 99 of his back in August 2009 at B&R Range in Havelock NC; same weekend he won the 22 shoot-off in Mike's backyard. We had a 24 Hour Campfire get together down east - those were good times with good people! Chad was a great young man who left us way too soon.

[Linked Image]

I have the very scope on the M99 in the picture on a M99 300 Sav. my friend and military mentor gave me just before he passed away. Chad and I had some great times at Bob's camp. IIRC Chad bought his M99 from Mike.
Chad and I hit the B&R range several times.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
RIP in Gods Everlasting Presence High Brass. smile

AMEN!

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So Sorry. Anyone that has served deserves the best our Doctors can provide. R.I.P. High Brass

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
I really appreciate the kind words and support I have received here at the campfire.
I apologize to any and all if my post about the VA has offended anyone. I admit I'm very bitter about it but feel the truth needs to be told.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Hard to believe that it will be a year on Saturday that I read your post telling us that Chad was gone. Prayers for peace and comfort are on the way for you and your family. God Bless you. Rest in eternal peace Chad.

Bob

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm sorry you have to give tribute to your son Dave, I wish things could be different. Praise be to the Warriors who have gone. RIP Chad.

Your anger with the VA is not misplaced, this schit has got to stop.

Stand strong Dave.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
We are grateful for the service that High Brass gave to our country. He was clearly a very special American. Continued prayers for you and your family from N.C.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

176 members (2UP, 22kHornet, 12344mag, 160user, 44mc, 35, 16 invisible), 1,586 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,439
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.