Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Tracking shows it was delivered to my front door an hour ago.
Thing is I've been at my desk all afternoon with a good view out of the window and there has been no delivery.
1000 rounds of 9mm is no show.
I'm pissed.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don't they require a signature for ammo?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tracks
Thing is I've been at my desk all afternoon with a good view out of the window and there has been no delivery.
I'm pissed.

Call them.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager
I'm pissed.

Call them.

Called the local center, they sent me to delivery dispute, got a claim number and supposed to get a call in an hour.
I won't hold my breath.

Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

My fault, next time it will be required.

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
OT. Tracks while reading your post my door bell rang. UPS guy was affixing a "sorry we missed you" tag to my door as I opened it. I opened the door LESS than 15 seconds after the bell rang.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Those guys get hammered by their bosses for being slow and not delivering the route in the time some computer says they're supposed to. Many of them develop a drop, knock, and run mentality. Ours on the other hand are really good. They know who we are and go extra lengths to get us our stuff. The shop is two miles from the house, but I've had them come to the house after the shop was closed to drop off stuff for the shop.
Sorry for your troubles Tracks.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I had the same thing happen with me last Christmas season with UPS. Tracking showed a delivery to my house, and I was at home at the time and, although the UPS truck did drive by, no package was placed on my porch. I filed a complaint with the shipper and they got in touch with UPS about it, and UPS contacted me regarding it. The guy said "our GPS *shows* our driver in front of your house on that day". BFD, that doesn't prove he left a package on my porch, and he didn't...I walked out on my porch as the truck drove off and there was no package left on my porch. The driver knew the GPS would show what it did, and he transmitted to tracking that the delivery was made (even though it wasn't). It was good sized box containing several nice Osprey backpacks for my kids from Backcountry.com, and their logo was on the box. I have no doubt about the deceptiveness and theft. Anyway, Backcountry.com overnighted a reshipment of the backpacks I'd ordered so I got them in time for Christmas. I don't know if they paid or if UPS paid, but the deception and theft was on UPS's part.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I thought they bypassed me a couple of weeks ago. Same thing, 1000 rds 9mm, never knocked or rang the bell, went out and the box was on the porch. They have to know what it is. It's pretty pathetic to leave it when vehicle is in the drive way.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just curious, how much did those 1000 rounds of 9mm cost you, including shipping...?

IC B3

Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers

Just curious, how much did those 1000 rounds of 9mm cost you, including shipping...?

$260

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They usually don't knock on my door. Just drop it and go.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I thought they bypassed me a couple of weeks ago. Same thing, 1000 rds 9mm, never knocked or rang the bell, went out and the box was on the porch. They have to know what it is. It's pretty pathetic to leave it when vehicle is in the drive way.

This dude never showed up at all, Maybe he wanted to start his weekend early.
Could be he planned some shooting.

BTW no call back from Fed-Ex, what I expected mad

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Call them again.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you paid via credit card, call your card company and start a complaint to dispute the charges since you never received the goods.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

My fault, next time it will be required.

I'm not saying it's your fault, I just thought they required an adult signature for ammo. Might be worth looking into, if they do require a signature, then obviously they won't have one and maybe you can use that to force them to make it right.

Tracks Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Damndest thing.
Just went out to get something out of my truck and guess what was sitting on my front step?
No way in hell it was there before.
Maybe a neighbor brought it over

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nice, all's well that ends well.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I had the same thing happen not long ago with a vintage knife I bought, I think it was UPS but may have been FedX. Tracking said it was delivered to my door but I was home and it wasn't. Called and they said it was delivered, I said no and it was an irreplaceable item. Well check your neighbor's doors, I already had. Mysteriously it appeared two days later on my door step. Maybe the driver remembered which door he delivered to and retrieved it.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damndest thing.
Just went out to get something out of my truck and guess what was sitting on my front step?
No way in hell it was there before.
Maybe a neighbor brought it over

Could have. Or maybe the driver got wind of the complaint you'd already filed and then he decided to deliver the ammo. that hadn't been delivered earlier.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My two cents.I was waiting for the truck to drop off my package.Checked and web site said it had been delivered.Before I could make a call.Truck shows up with it.He had delivered to wrong address,discovered his mistake and corrected it within 20 minutes.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Tracks..I've delivered several packages to neighbors that were incorrectly dropped off at my house. Including a nice welding setup that my neighbor was trippin balls about due to your exact circumstances.
Glad it worked out well for you..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I just thought they required an adult signature for ammo.

No sig required unless seller or buy specifies that it's required.

MM

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I scheduled a prepaid/labeled Priority Mail package pickup, specifically a 3 lbs package at Front Door - about two weeks ago. According to Mrs Boomer, the normally diligent postman drives up, gets a tiny non-priority parcel of hers from the mail box and drives off. She lets me know and I return, grab the box and drive it to the PO, definitely getting a receipt. Get home, and get confirmation email of the successful pickup! My explanation to them that their confirmation doesn't mean chit didn't get me anywhere besides an acknowledged Oopsy... Had no UPS misses. 100% error rate is to be expected with OnTrack who seem to think dropping anywhere in the neighborhood is close enough.

Last year I bought a Miller Mig welder off Ebay. Just happened the day it was to be delivered there were some roof maintenance folks at our place whom signed for a package - much smaller and lighter than a welder! So I get home open it and there's nothing more than a plastic fricking broom head! A broom! A two-pound package at most! There's a FedEx shipping confirmation from Canada with the appropriate weight and now there's a receipt of the confirmation of same package at my place! Oh chitt! Try to explain that to the Ebay CSR in Manila who's on strict orders to read the script and never pass a call along to a supervisor.... Poor girl probably got fired for not being able to get me to shut up... I was persistent and eventually got transferred to an English first language guy whom understood this was not just a mistake or that I'd not simply return the item and await the seller's refund. They sold these welders to dozens of folks (more than 70 total) after building positive feedback for a bunch of similar deals over the past couple years. The price was darn good, okay, it was a couple few hundred less than "normal", but it coincided when the model was being closed-out everywhere. Still wish I had that Miller but settled for another bargain locally. But, in the case of the Welder, FedEx said - sorry nothing they can do on their end, they made the delivery... The tracking shows outbound and properly dropped off - they did their job... So - this package was 2 pounds and not 80 or whatever - that didn't seem to matter to them... I don't much like FedX.

Long story, short version, apparently confirmations don't mean chit.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In my neck of the woods... Fedex sucks!

Fedex delivered a climbing harness I ordered to the wrong address. I was home that day and saw online that it had been delivered. Called Fedex, filed complaint, and then called local office and talked to supervisor. It took 3 months, but I got my money back.

Did I mention... Fedex sucks!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Was shipped a scoped rifle from Tenn last week through Fed-ex. I was at receiving dealer ten minutes after it was dropped off. Was shipped in a hard plastic foam lined Plano case inside a cardboard box. Hole punched through the cardboard and the box end compressed. The scope front third was snapped off at the front mount. I immediately called Fed-ex customer service claims. I was advised that I could file a claim myself with proper documentation of loss. I sent photos of damage, photos of gun/scope box label, shippers receipt, and all on line message between my self and the seller.

Called them today and they advised the claim was denied as I wasn't the shipper. They had telephone numbers of all parties involved including shipper which they could have called. Told them that I was advised by Claims/ customer service that I could file the claim. Said someone must have made a mistake in telling me that.

They advised me that when they received a claims waiver from the shipper that they would reconsider my resubmitted claim.
Guess they think I will go away if they give me the run around. My first claim on damage so add another unhappy customer to Fed-ex list. frown GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Many of them develop a drop, knock, and run mentality.

They'd never get away with that chit around here....my dogs know the sound of that trucks engine a quarter mile away and that the driver has a pocket full of treats....if he tried to run he'd be going home without any britches....

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Know all the UPS and Fedex drivers here. They text and ask me where I want it delivered work or home.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

I'd contact the supplier and let them know. They have a LOT more stroke than the guy on our end. I'm sure they will want to know. Hopefully you will get resolution.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Optics Planet have this weird deal were they ship out FedEx then it is handed off to the Post Office for delivery.

They have lost for days or sent back my last three packages because they could not find my address, work address is a 18 story high rise right on the street.

Had a new scope delivered today at work since I was on the road, the manager of the Mail Room called said she had a picture for me.

[Linked Image]

Inside this mangled mess is my new Leupold...will be going into the office Tuesday to see if it is still in one piece but the box is certainly smaller than it was when shipped frown

Ted
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a computer hard drive that had the same thing happen. I called Amazon, and they sent another one out right away. The original 6 days later, and with the packaging looking as if it was used to play street hockey, it showed up on the front stoop.

I've ALWAYS had good luck with big brown. The Feds are another story. Not one package over the last 5 years has been delivered without looking like it had been dragged down 2 miles of dirt road.

Last edited by Owl; 05/27/16.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I'd contact the supplier and let them know. They have a LOT more stroke than the guy on our end. I'm sure they will want to know. Hopefully you will get resolution.

Yep.
Yearly renewal of shipping contracts with high volume shipping customers are critical to both FedEx and UPS as they can amount to many thousands to millions of dollars of either gained or lost revenue.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by dawggone
Know all the UPS and Fedex drivers here. They text and ask me where I want it delivered work or home.

Smart guys, they like to know where the husband is before they deliver a 'package'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I moved to a previous home it had a broken down front porch completely surrounded by thick junipers, and no sidewalk leading to it.
UPS and fedex both parked by the side porch that everyone used and walked around the front of the house to fight their way through the bushes to leave parcels on the rickety porch that no one used. Must have been something about the challenge, 'cause when I fixed that porch and put in a sidewalk they switched to the side porch.

Edit; First time it happened I saw the fedex truck in the driveway from the upstairs window. No package to be seen 2 minutes later. Actually took me a few minutes to figure out...

Last edited by johnw; 05/27/16.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Seems like it sure is a bit more sure out in the country, where you still mostly know folks.

As noted above.. our drivers pretty much know most folks, where they work and so on and know where and when to deliver.

I had one bad issue with a UPS driver some years ago and I had to go get a handgun from their center and hour away to avoid having it shipped back.... but I think that guy didn't last long... to arrogant to call or text so I could meet him at the shop..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm pissed.

Did you think to go out and look when it said it was delivered? Or just an hour later when you went out to your truck?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The first time I tried to schedule an overnight package for pickup here it nearly drove the girl at the 1 800 number nuts. Finally she told me, "we don't offer that service there" ! I thought fedex did overnight to and from everywhere? Now, when I need an exspress pickup, I just call the driver.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Smart guys, they like to know where the husband is before they deliver a 'package'

grin
We know the ups guy. I've known him since he was in diapers, his parents are friends of mine.
The wife bitches about him once in a while.

Fed ex on the other hand, well, I've never heard the wife say anything good or bad about their delivery boy.

In fact, come to think of it, I've never heard her say anything at all!

hmmmmm.....

laugh

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Bought a barreled action last year and had it shipped to an FFL two miles from the house. Because it was a barreled action without a trigger the seller used a long tube to ship, similar to a fishing rod holder. The UPS man tried to deliver the gun on a Monday when thr FFL closed. Instead of leaving a note the guy left the rifle at the house next door! Took a couple days to get everything sorted out and the UPS driver was informed the business is a gun shop and please don't drop packages at the neighbors, just come by the next day.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

It sounds like you're speaking from experience.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by kingston

I've delivered a few packages on the eastern shore.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Went round and round with UPS about an AR upper they said they delivered that I didn't get. Took me a month to find it. I live at Apt.108, they delivered it to Apt. 103.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was just going to tell you to relax before you posted this. Those Fedex ground drivers are a breed of their own, they are contractors. FedEx does not have a very good tracking system compared to ups. That type of thing happens more than you'd know. Chances are the FedEx driver marked it as delivered and it wasn't there yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Marked as delivered"

While he was on "lunch" break...

Down the street porking some campfire member's wife.
whistle

Karma...
grin

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Several times a year, UPS delivers my packages to Cabelas return center. Apparently they can't tell the difference between 400 East and 400 West. Cabelas gets their own trailer, they get so much stuff, and it can take up to 5 days to find my packages in that mess.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

still hitting the bottle eh?

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

I've delivered a few packages on the eastern shore.

I'm not ruling it out, but just because you're an ass hole and I'm an ass hole, doesn't mean you knew my mom.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I live back in the woods and FedEx hates to deliver because it is at the end of their route. The last time I tracked a package, it showed that it was undeliverable because I had moved.

One other time the driver said that a missing package was delivered to a brown house with a dog. I told the supervisor that my house was gray with no dog.

I figure FedEx will screw it up about 50% of the time. UPS is much better, even if they hand off to the post office.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I used to have nothing but trouble when I lived in the burbs' of spokane. Now that I live in a small town I have a lot of stuff delivered and all 3 ups/fed/usps are 100% reliable and timely. You could leave a box marked money on the porch here and nobody would mess with it.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
We used to have lots of problems with both FedEx and UPS before we got 911 street addresses. The driver would pull up at the end of the road and see 15 mail boxes and turn around and leave. Today our biggest problem is the time constraints the drivers are under. The bean counters have made the job intolerable. Somebody at a computer is telling the driver how much time it takes to make the run but has never been on that route.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 10 invisible), 1,480 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.