Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Clinton may but it won't happen before she wins the primary or runs in the general election.

Kent

GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by denton
...My conclusion is that she's in a lot of trouble with her own party...

No, the Dems simply want all this out, now, so it will seem a stale issue when it is just Hillary vs Trump.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
krp: Superdelegates does not vote the first time. So, she will need 2383 delegates on the first vote. She will not have those kind of numbers; as you say.

The Superdelagates are put in place to make sure the DNC does not elect somebody who will most likely lose the general election.

Even the possibility of Clinton getting a indictment would certainly mean she looses the general election!

Meaning the DNC should and needs to support the only other running Democrat; Sanders.

Sanders is trouncing Trump in every "RealClearPolitics" poll, by 10-15%. And that is nation wide!

Clinton will most likely concede that the email controversy would ruin here chances, pledge to support Sanders, in return for a plea bargain/no prison time.

Everything behind closed doors, but the writing is pretty much clear. She steps down, Sanders gets it.

And the US will finaly have a Single Payer health care system, breaking up big banks, public financed elections, etc etc etc...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Anything is possible, but unless she's indicted, I don't see her dropping out. This election is payback to her from Bill and others for all she put up with over the years and she will not be denied her reward.

Bill is a huge factor in the campaign contribution business, not just for the fat bitch, but democrats at all levels. They will piss him off at their peril. Also, don't forget all the people here and abroad with hundreds of millions invested in her through the foundation and speech fees. They won't take kindly to her dismissal either.

OBarry is the key here. He has the power to broker a deal with her where he can offer to pardon her in exchange for a quiet, dignified exit. She can always claim health issues as a reason, avoiding the embarrassment of being kicked off the ticket.

If Hillary drops out, I don't see how the party can just kick Bernie to the curb without a major loss of Democrat turnout. The inclusion of Warren would help, but since she had stayed out of the race so far, I suspect disgruntled Berners will be less enthused about her than if she had done the hard work. Biden is supposed to be waiting in the wings to be drafted, but remember, he never got off the ground with Democrats in previous attempts at winning the nomination. If he was half as attractive as a candidate as he thinks he is, he'd be King.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
It is a sad day in America when we have to decide between a Con Artist and a Criminal for president of these United States. Millions of great Americans have died for our freedom to choose our leaders and this this is our choice...shame on us!

Favorie Knife: Bowie Knife

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Sanders can't get the nomination mathematically, Clinton will not step down willingly, superdelegates will not switch to Sanders in enough numbers as they are all establishment cronies, Arizona plus all red states will go Trump in the general and beat him even if he is the nominee...

conspiracy theories aside...

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Danielrob2001
It is a sad day in America when we have to decide between a Con Artist and a Criminal for president of these United States. Millions of great Americans have died for our freedom to choose our leaders and this this is our choice...shame on us!

Pray tell us just who you think deserves to run for President?

I'm guessing you're a frustrated Cruzer.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Anyone who thinks that she won't be the Democratic candidate in November or that any single person who would vote for her "yesterday" won't vote for her then is seriously delusional.

Last edited by 5sdad; 05/29/16. Reason: I'll get this right yet!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I say Barak is right, which means I think Doc Rocket has swung and missed. grin

[I'd love to be wrong]

Dude, I ain't bettin' on a single pitch, I thought I made that clear. I'm not sayin' WHICH Democrats will throw Hillary under the bus, I'm just sayin' that when the Fat Lady sings, Hillary won't even be in the ballpark.

And that's my only thought on this whole mess today. I'm goin' out to the garage to reload some .44 Special ammo. I picked up a new-to-me M29-3, 3" bbl with the round-butt grip frame, and she's hongry! I gots to put some holes in paper with this sweet little bitch.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bingo!

Her "folks" know exactly what she is. That's why they like her.

http://youtu.be/cJWzfGh3Ros

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One thing the Republicans have going for them, which is seldom noted, is that the Democrats assimilate power to themselves by accruing voting blocks held together by very soluble glue. Those voting blocks all have somewhat different interests, and you see evidence of that when a politician speaks (panders) to one group on the east coast in the morning and a different group on the west coast in the afternoon, making contradictory promises.

As promises are made and the various factions become aware that different and often conflicting promises are made to the different voting blocks, the glue begins to dissolve and the conflicts between the factions begins to show. That's what the party leaders are trying to stop from happening.

And that's why a political party is always better off sticking to principles rather than pandering to special interests.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
A Hail Mary candidate at the very end of the game is probably the democrats best shot to galvanize the ranks against Trump. Though I imagine, Hillary is pressuring to have him shot. Everyone knows Bernie will get rolled. So, stick a fork in her--not quite done yet...bring from a simmer to a boil. Maybe she even hands it off, complicit with the administration and press, while all harmoniously finger the vast right-wing conspiracy. Bernie gets VP maybe...or a heart problem.

The Clinton's have lost their ability to blanket the muppets with BS via liberal media. Toast. Even the kids despise her. Dang internet!

Defend the Constitution
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Democrats will vote for Hillary for the same reason I'll vote for Trump.
I don't like it, but it's all I got.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I listened to this video and it would be game over in my opinion if the Rooskies really had 20,000 of her emails that they could release and did.

D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
We have some sharp disagreements about what will happen. That's all good fun. What's really disturbing across many of the responses is the total lack of confidence in our government.

The government has legitimacy because the people granted it power with the Constitution. However, I've been saying for a long time that our government has been steadily delegitimizing itself. That's a very dangerous course. If the government no longer has legitimacy in the eyes of the people, the people will want that grant of power back. And the government is not likely to politely yield it, and will hold power by force and intimidation.

That's even more frightening than a Hillary presidency.

Now will Hillary be dumped? She might skate. But the present evidence is damning, and there are other bombshells waiting in the wings: the FBI strongly suspects she had a "pay Bill, get help from Hill" scam going, the Russians have already published a few of Sid Blumenthal's emails to Hillary and claims to have 20,000 of hers, and if she does go in to answer FBI questions she will most likely get caught on a perjury rap.

From the tone and sources of the recent Hillary criticism, I think we're going to see more bombshells, that she is already toast, and is bitterly clinging to hope that it will all blow over.

If I'm right, DocRocket and I will fire ceremonial salutes at our respective ranges.

Last edited by denton; 05/29/16.

Be not weary in well doing.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
We have some sharp disagreements about what will happen. That's all good fun. What's really disturbing across many of the responses is the total lack of confidence in our government.

The government has legitimacy because the people granted it power with the Constitution. However, I've been saying for a long time that our government has been steadily delegitimizing itself. That's a very dangerous course. If the government no longer has legitimacy in the eyes of the people, the people will want that grant of power back. And the government is not likely to politely yield it, and will hold power by force and intimidation.

That's even more frightening than a Hillary presidency.

Now will Hillary be dumped? She might skate. But the present evidence is damning, and there are other bombshells waiting in the wings: the FBI strongly suspects she had a "pay Bill, get help from Hill" scam going, the Russians have already published a few of Sid Blumenthal's emails to Hillary and claims to have 20,000 of hers, and if she does go in to answer FBI questions she will most likely get caught on a perjury rap.

From the tone and sources of the recent Hillary criticism, I think we're going to see more bombshells, that she is already toast, and is bitterly clinging to hope that it will all blow over.

If I'm right, DocRocket and I will ceremonial fire salutes at our respective ranges.

This election *is* a demonstration that the people have lost all confidence in the government. Even the Bernie supporters are expressing a rejection of the status quo in their own deluded way.

,...read a good article a few days ago talking about it. The man who wrote it says that it's more than anger driving the Trump people. It's desperation,....and I agree.

The people are desperate to get the country back on track and everybody they send to D.C. just makes things worse.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
^^^Another good post^^^

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's really disturbing across many of the responses is the total lack of confidence in our government. [...] That's even more frightening than a Hillary presidency.

Frightening? Yup. The only difference between a government and a gang of thugs is popular legitimacy.

But it's long overdue for the US government--and most if not all of the state governments--to lose their legitimacy.

And we're living in a pretty good time for it to happen. Technology is--or at least can be--on our side, and we still have our guns.

Anyone who really believes that the government is losing its legitimacy--as opposed to just finding it a diverting thing to talk about on the Internet, I mean--ought to be spending a fair amount of time learning the basics of digital cryptography. For example, without worrying about the specifics of low-level crypto algorithms, how would you go about signing a digital document to prove that it came from you? If you understand that process, then you probably know enough to make a good start at keeping yourself safe, if you decided to put in the effort.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

If I'm right, DocRocket and I will fire ceremonial salutes at our respective ranges.

I will fire up a ceremonial cee-gar and fire off a phfucking cannon WHEN you and I are proven correct.
grin

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 47 invisible), 2,255 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,065
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.