Print Thread
Hop To
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Lot of of things happening today and Vox Popoli gets around to this.

I suppose it could be called the "good riddance" post. I'm all in favor of it.

Should be some good discussion.

https://voxday.blogspot.com/2016/05/disavowing-nevertrump.html

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Keep that intra-Republican war going, there, Bristoe. Too many folks think that the Democrats are our enemy, can't let them drive the conversation.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Keep that intra-Republican war going, .

It will go where it goes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
there's no war, everything GOPe is officially irrelevant.

DT @ 1238 puts the matter to bed , get on board or get plowed under...bigly.

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
reading that article

ever notice when they talk about a state like West Virginia they say the people that support Trump are "white working class"

I don't think I've ever heard the term "black working class"

The true phenomenon with Trump is that regardless of the color of your collar - blue or white - the disparity between the wealthy and everyone else is so great that he's pulling in a very wide demographic.

Its not just the blue collar working man that supports Trump, its their managers, accountants, lawyers, salesman, and so on.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KFWA

due to it being a contradiction in terms

.... like tears in the rain
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
reading that article

ever notice when they talk about a state like West Virginia they say the people that support Trump are "white working class"

The true phenomenon with Trump is that regardless of the color of your collar - blue or white - the disparity between the wealthy and everyone else is so great that he's pulling in a very wide demographic.

Its not just the blue collar working man that supports Trump, its their managers, accountants, lawyers, salesman, and so on.

That's true.

What many people have failed to realize, however, is that the Democrats, who used to *claim* to be the party of the working class, have turned into anything *but*.

Hillary gets up and loudly proclaims that if she's elected, "a lot of coal miners will be out of work".

Basically, the Democrats don't represent anybody in America. The GOPe doesn't either.

The Republican rank and file have started to address that issue of their side.

The Democrats have yet to get around to it.

This election isn't going to be between Democrats and Republicans. It's going to be "Does your candidate represent America or not?"

All of the Republicans and half the Democrats realize that Hillary doesn't.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When Bristoe starts making sense, time to open a new bottle.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
reading that article

That's true.

What many people have failed to realize, however, is that the Democrats, who used to *claim* to be the party of the working class, have turned into anything *but*.

Hillary gets up and loudly proclaims that if she's elected, "a lot of coal miners will be out of work".

Basically, the Democrats don't represent anybody in America. The GOPe doesn't either.

The Republican rank and file have started to address that issue of their side.

The Democrats have yet to get around to it.

This election isn't going to be between Democrats and Republicans. It's going to be "Does your candidate represent America or not?"

All of the Republicans and half the Democrats realize that Hillary doesn't.

This. Bristoe hit it on the head again. It's not about the party anymore. We are all lucky that Trump decided to call himself a republican. He could have easily said he was a democrat. Even as a democrat he was going to beat Hillary because Hillary is so far out of touch with Americans. It's now about Americans who are lifting the load and paying the taxes. Party be damned. We can only hope The Donald lives up to the hype.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The democrats are for the upper classes of privileged victim groups.

As my wife points out, I may be on the absolute bottom, but she is not.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 320Keith
When Bristoe starts making sense, time to open a new bottle.

Mine is Kirkland blended scotch in the 1.75L version... yours?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots folks ain't figured out that most of us have NEVER voted for candidates............ we vote AGAINST one another.

All thru the R Primaries, I voted AGAINST all of you who were FOR Trump. And I still believe you sold out the 2A by supporting him.

Come November I'll vote AGAINST everybody who likes the Dem candidate, hoping Trump will choose a Conservative as V P and then die quickly.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My nephew, an avowed Never-Trumper, just yesterday texted me that he's decided to vote for Trump. His reason is that he so hates the groups that are hostile to him, and wants to see them defeated and demoralized.

I tell you, those rioters holding up Mexican flags to oppose Trump couldn't be doing a better job of getting Trump votes if he paid them to do it.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Lots folks ain't figured out that most of us have NEVER voted for candidates............ we vote AGAINST one another.

All thru the R Primaries, I voted AGAINST all of you who were FOR Trump. And I still believe you sold out the 2A by supporting him.

Come November I'll vote AGAINST everybody who likes the Dem candidate, hoping Trump will choose a Conservative as V P and then die quickly.

Like that will ever happen. Waited for a miracle to strike Obama for eight years. Depressing to think that for another eight years we will be in wait with Clinton or Trump. Lot of us on here are old enough that we won't have to suffer through it. You younger members will have to live with those choices until the new world order is in total control. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 16penny, 64 invisible), 2,458 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,444
Posts18,470,916
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.