Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Another azzinine campfire thread. Who cares?????????

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunswizard

I care. Never know when 'planet of the apes' might actually happen. I figure it's at least as probable as the zombie apocalypse.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hope they didn't poke too many holes in the hide. Make some fine boots, gloves and wallets..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. Interested in the details, and amazed they had the expertise and equipment on had to handle the event in short order.

Any one know what the duration of the event was from beginning to end?

Last edited by 1minute; 06/01/16.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since it was East of the Mississippi I'd bet it was a standard round but if he'd have been "out west" then it would be a magnum

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
.308?

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got a little bit of a behind the scenes tour at Marine World in Vallejo CA about 20 years ago. There was an announcers booth toward the rear of the stands where the lion/tiger show was performed. There was a gun locker in there, and for every show a rifleman hand to open the locker, load the rifle, and be on standby. The rifle was a BRNO .375 H&H, I don't remember the model number but it was the one with the integral flip up peep sight.

I have no clue if they continue that practice. But suffice to say, I wouldn't be surprised if a Zoo had a true fighting rifle on the grounds.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I got a little bit of a behind the scenes tour at Marine World in Vallejo CA about 20 years ago. There was an announcers booth toward the rear of the stands where the lion/tiger show was performed. There was a gun locker in there, and for every show a rifleman hand to open the locker, load the rifle, and be on standby. The rifle was a BRNO .375 H&H, I don't remember the model number but it was the one with the integral flip up peep sight.

I have no clue if they continue that practice. But suffice to say, I wouldn't be surprised if a Zoo had a true fighting rifle on the grounds.

Very likely...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 1minute
Yes. Interested in the details, and amazed they had the expertise and equipment on had to handle the event in short order.

Any one know what the duration of the event was from beginning to end?

I read it was approximately 10 minutes.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I heard he missed twice, so I'm assuming a 270 Kimber Montana.

#silverbacklivesmatter

I know who I'm dressing up as this Halloween.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
A bit off subject but a good friend of mine and archaeologist was doing museum conservation work at the American Museum of Natural History. His boss came up to him one day and said "Hey Alan, you know something about guns, don't you????"

Well naturally Bud told him a little (har, har). Boss brought out 3 or 4 rifles, can't remember the number now, and said "these are some of the rifles they used to collect specimens with back in the day, would you clean em up???" They were all G&H Springfields in .30 Govt. 1906.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gunswizard

Obviously you do because you clicked on the fugking thing.

Suck on THAT "wizard."

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
back in the day when I worked at a couple zoos in MI I did see the rifles a time or two but was never involved in the drills and don't remember the caliber(s). Open-sighted long action bolts though.

other throw-away musings...

-- one of the zoos had to quickly re-design their lion exhibit after a kid hopped a 5 foot barrier fence and walked up to the main pen by the employee access doors. He's turned around faced out and a lioness took advantage of the distration, reached out hooked his jacket collar with a claw. They grabbed him away in a minor tug of war. (I heard about it the next day).

-- I've darted several animals (a tiger, 4-5 wolves, a lynx, and a leopard) and it takes a good 20 minutes of pissyness before they're out enough to approach --- except the lynx. The guy manning the gun hit it in the femur and that intra-medullary injection dropped it right out of the tree like a stone. (we had to use a drill chuck to get the dart out)

the zoo vet there had a tackle box full of mangled steel darts angry animals had shredded while going night-night.
there really was no choice but to shoot the gorilla

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
There was a witness who was telling about the "barriers"

The three barriers consisted of bushes, a 10 or 15 foot drop down a wall to the enclosure floor and the moat. No fence or guard rail at all

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
all in keeping with the feel-good "open air enclosures" they're going to now. Don't want to have any fences obscuring the view*

*this design is predicated on the public not being stupid enough to drop the 15' from the wall to the moat but, well, you know how some people's kids are....

wink

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The witness also said that the woman turned away for a few seconds was astonished how quickly the kid was out and over the wall before anyone really grasped what was going on

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I hope the tacticool team that took the big ape out were wearing GoPros. Anxiously awaiting the leaked video.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The last I read, they said, "..it was a few seconds, but could have been a minute." The child had been telling her, "I want to swim with the gorillas." She kept telling him no. Can't imagine why she didn't move him along from the area. Or at least watch him more closely, knowing he wanted to touch the hot stove so to speak...

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Gorilla had it's hands up and said don't shoot.

#GorillaLivesMatter
According to its mother, it was a great guy who never got in trouble and had plans to study medicine if he ever finished reform school.

Black, unarmed, dead at 17.

#GorillaLivesMatter

I'm in for a tee shirt!!!

Originally Posted by 1Nut
Gorilla had it's hands up and said don't shoot.

#GorillaLivesMatter

Black Labs matter.

I'm in for a tee shirt for this one too!!!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

385 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 47 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,015
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.