Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Guys, I just turned 65 and am seeing living on retirement money is not easy. I've hunted all of my life but now find myself in a place where I cannot afford it. If there's anyone that would consider letting me hunt on their place for a modest fee I would appreciate it. Not much of a killer anymore but would love to sit by a fire again and be out in the woods. Please pm me if you have something. Thanks, powdr

Last edited by powdr; 06/01/16.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man, I hate to be a fly in the ointment but priorities seem askew and straight out of Walla Walla WA.

From the past month:

Originally Posted by powdr
Have always wanted an 8mm-06 but I'm hoping the 6.5X55 I'm building will scratch the itch. powdr

I've got a REM722 short action that's been opened up to .295 and have been thinking about a SAUM in 338. Already have the 6.5 and 7mm covered and have never been a fan of .270. powdr

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
zing.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane
Man, I hate to be a fly in the ointment but priorities seem askew and straight out of Walla Walla WA.

From the past month:

Have always wanted an 8mm-06 but I'm hoping the 6.5X55 I'm building will scratch the itch. powdr

I've got a REM722 short action that's been opened up to .295 and have been thinking about a SAUM in 338. Already have the 6.5 and 7mm covered and have never been a fan of .270. powdr
Agreed on the priorities assessment...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Powder, look into Forest land in E Texas. I've not been able to get clear shots at some decent bucks, but have killed a few deer there in the few yeras we hunted that between leases.

Easy to get to. Good areas to camp, if burn ban isn't on had a fire every night.

And can generally easily get to places on foot that you'll never see another person all day long...

Of course the other posters think that spending 1000 bucks equals a deer lease... unfortunately most that I talk to today are spending north of 1500 to 2500 for leases in the hill country. We are "lucky" that we are under that figure... although we have to pay for 2 spots so my wife can go along and take pictures.... even though she no longer cares to hunt...

1000 bucks would rebarrel each of those easily.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

From the past month:

Precisely my thoughts when I read the post last night. Sell some chitt...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

Of course the other posters think that spending 1000 bucks equals a deer lease...

Yawn.

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like Powdr, I am retired and, like him, I indulge myself in my one real hobby--firearms. I am pretty much to the point that any significant new acquisition requires that something currently in the gun safe gets sold. However, I live in a state where I can get a deer license each year, and often an elk license, to hunt public land for less than the cost of a trip to Albuquerque to attend the state fair. I can also hunt turkeys spring and fall for the cost of a tank or two of gas to get up to the Gila National Forest a hundred miles or so to the north. Quail hunting starts within a few miles of the house in any direction.

The only way that I can hunt with my grandkids in Texas is at the invitation of someone who can afford a deer lease or who owns a ranch. Friends have invited me to join in Texas deer leases a few times over the years. However, I got priced out of that market about twelve years ago when I gave up a salaried job for consulting, which gave me the flexibility to take advantage of the opportunities available here where I live.

If I lived in central Texas, I would be pretty much in the same shape as Powdr when it comes to deer hunting. He and I have exchanged a few PMs and I know that he does most of the work on his firearms himself. I guarantee you that the amount he spends on his hobby annually wouldn't begin to cover the cost of participating in a Texas deer lease, and it probably wouldn't even cover the cost of a few day hunts on a decently managed day hunting property.

I see that you guys live in the upper midwest. If you haven't payed to hunt in Texas, you have no idea of what the market is like. Don't judge a man until you have walked a few miles in his shoes.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
When I retired I hunted deer for another year. When I dropped out of my lease in Arkansas the fee had risen to $650. ALL the other members (16) were from Texas.

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yeah, leave it to guys like Skane who can hunt for the cost of a tag to get his peter all bent out of shape. He's still mad cause I didn't say thank you for a worn out sling he sent me one time. God I wish I had his address so I could send the sum bitch back to him.

Or ole Big Ed, while switching between his summer cottage and his other seasonal home...poor bastard, wants to give financial advice to someone on a different scale. I feel for ya Ed. powdr

Last edited by powdr; 06/02/16.
IC B3

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm just trying to find a place I can go a few times a year and maybe forge some new relationships and sit around the fire and lie. Shooting a deer would be a bonus. I want to thank the guys that understand my dilemma and ask that if you haven't walked a mile in my shoes please refrain from commenting on something you know nothing about. Of course there's always one or two AH. Thanks,powdr

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Western Ky and Tn have public hunting some pretty good. Lodging is cheap motel6 etc or camping sites plentiful. Just the drive of 700-1000 miles.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yeah, leave it to guys like Skane who can hunt for the cost of a tag to get his peter all bent out of shape. He's still mad cause I didn't say thank you for a worn out sling he sent me one time. God I wish I had his address so I could send the sum bitch back to him.

Or ole Big Ed, while switching between his summer cottage and his other seasonal home...poor bastard, wants to give financial advice to someone on a different scale. I feel for ya Ed. powdr

Hey, don't feel bad. I used to never have anyone on ignore, but the azzholes have become more and larger and as such I sure don't miss reading a bunch of rabble anymore.

Good luck! As noted I really enjoyed the E Texas thing. We even at one point had antlerless tags to enjoy. Although you did have to camp, there was no ability of "housing". Met some really great folks out there too. And the usual number of azzholes.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Skane is about as good of a guy on this forum as anyone. If I would have sent you something for free, regardless of condition, and gotten no acknowledgement or at least a thank you, I would have been miffed too...

I think all anyone is saying is that life is about priorities. If you want to go hunting but cannot afford to, I'd sell some stuff to do it.

Everybody has choices when it comes to everything. Good luck on your search.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Greg that is your opinion and your entitled to it but it's not everyone's. He's a smart ass. Of course you're another one of those guys that can just buy a tag and go hunting. The amount you guys spend for a tag wouldn't buy the gas a Texas guy spends going back and forth to their lease in the off season. powdr

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Lot's of draw hunts in Tx.

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes GW, I apply for them every year. powdr

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Greg that is your opinion and your entitled to it but it's not everyone's. He's a smart ass. Of course you're another one of those guys that can just buy a tag and go hunting. The amount you guys spend for a tag wouldn't buy the gas a Texas guy spends going back and forth to their lease in the off season. powdr

Powder, did you know I lived the first 29 years of my life in Texas?

I picked myself up and my wife and we left our friends and family behind to move out west where we didn't know a soul.

I wanted then what you are giving guys out west a hard time about. And guess what, I did it. And guess what? I pretty much live in the woods for 4 months while starting two businesses to enable me to do this.

Don't lecture me sir about tag availability and life choices.

Once again, life is about priorities. I made mine...

- Greg

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
If I worried about every time I never got thanked, I'd have a full gut of ulcers....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What part of the state are you in powder? I know a lot of folks..

- Greg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Priorities....

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes Ted, my priority for the last 6 years has been to get my son thru college w/the least amount of hassle for him as possible. I wanted him to be able to concentrate on his studies. So, if that's not a priority to you guys then I'm sorry...it was important to me. For the people that have done it...it ain't cheap and will tax even the best of marriages. Sorry I have such a flawed value system to some of you guys. powdr

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yes Ted, my priority for the last 6 years has been to get my son thru college w/the least amount of hassle for him as possible. I wanted him to be able to concentrate on his studies. So, if that's not a priority to you guys then I'm sorry...it was important to me. For the people that have done it...it ain't cheap and will tax even the best of marriages. Sorry I have such a flawed value system to some of you guys. powdr

Well done powdr.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good on ya powder...

Again, what part of the state are you in?

- Greg

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
GREG, I'm in central Texas about 40 miles west of Waco and 40 miiles NW of Lampasas. powdr

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ok - Goldwaithe country...

No ties in that country, sorry. I grew up a few hours south and my parents are a few hours SW of you...

- Greg

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
GregW's a good egg.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Time to take up public hunting. I've had some great experiences in places that most Texans don't even know exist.

http://texashuntingforum.com/forum/...UBLIC_HUNTING_OPPORTUNITIES_A#Post348583

Quando omni flunkus moritati
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Coryell county. powdr

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So you raised kids...you are married and you put a kid through college...I can relate.

2 kids myself 26 and 28 both college drop outs....me too 3X

My wife is 47 and is still in college

I lease ground 400 miles from my home for deer and hunt 1 thousand miles west as often as I can....how? It is one of my priorities and I work extra hours and save money each year with one sole purpose....hunting

License and lease $$ over buying any rifles

Heck.....I even went as far as taking out a 60 month 15k loan in 2013 to do a 2 week Plains Game Safari in the Eastern Cape of South Africa

Crazy? Maybe but I made it happen....but I'm not retired either

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The comments folks are making about priorities doesn't mean that you didn't have other ones nor are they disparaging you for making them. But, it still comes down to priorities. Were you forced to retire? You retired and did not account for the cost of paying for the type of lease you want.

You give folks crap for living where public accessible land and cheap tags are available. As GregW pointed out, you could live there too! Again priorities.

Where I live tags are cheap, the public land hunting marginal, and leases tough to come by. So, I have a mortgage on a place that I can hunt. Not a big place, but I won't be having to ask your type of favors when I retire. All the while putting two young kids through private schools. Again priorities.

The real reason you are lashing out a bit at folks is that you regret a bit your decisions. Couple that will a touch of jealousy for your perception of things being "better" for other folks. I catch myself doing that a bit on forums as well. But, it really does come down to priorities...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Is Dr. Phil in the house?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pointer
The comments folks are making about priorities doesn't mean that you didn't have other ones nor are they disparaging you for making them. But, it still comes down to priorities. Were you forced to retire? You retired and did not account for the cost of paying for the type of lease you want.

You give folks crap for living where public accessible land and cheap tags are available. As GregW pointed out, you could live there too! Again priorities.

Where I live tags are cheap, the public land hunting marginal, and leases tough to come by. So, I have a mortgage on a place that I can hunt. Not a big place, but I won't be having to ask your type of favors when I retire. All the while putting two young kids through private schools. Again priorities.

The real reason you are lashing out a bit at folks is that you regret a bit your decisions. Couple that will a touch of jealousy for your perception of things being "better" for other folks. I catch myself doing that a bit on forums as well. But, it really does come down to priorities...

Powder....I'm not jealous of you....that is my $.02 you can take to the bank!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Is Dr. Phil in the house?

No, but there are more than a few with a Dr Phil associate degree.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Peter = still straight, thank you. smile
Kudos to you on seeing your son through school - that's very much to be applauded. I fault NO ONE for trying to make due with what they've got. Life is about priorities and it appears you got #1 squared away.

The free slings you received without the common courtesy of receipt acknowledgement or mere thank-you simply reveals character (or lack thereof). Or perhaps it's your gray matter upstairs - if the latter, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Your OP is not the first time you've played the lack-of-cash card to get something. Anyone that wants to do the work will find those instances. So, call me a skeptic, but I was getting nasty PM's years ago already from one or two members regarding the guy from Walla Walla and his not passing my sniff test. Funny how that szchit worked out. Tis not my nature to be abrasive or vindictive, I just refuse to suffer fools.

WWP53D
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
SKANE, I HAVE GIVEN AWAY MORE STUFF THAN MOST PEOPLE HAVE BOUGHT HERE. Sometimes people want to reciprocate. It's just a few fellows that think they don't need anybody to survive. I've made a lot of friends buying, trading and selling to other people. You say you don't suffer fools but yet you act like one. Let's just let it die and you go your way and I'll go mine. powdr

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Works for me.

You say you don't suffer fools but yet you act like one.

Just for the record - the PM's I mentioned regarding safariman said the exact same thing as quoted above. Funny, none of those guys ever came back around for a slice of crow. smile

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GREG, I'm in central Texas about 40 miles west of Waco and 40 miiles NW of Lampasas. powdr

I wish I could help you. My Mother grew up on a 1000 acre peanut farm close to you just north of Richland Springs that was settled by her family in the 1860s. Alas, my grandparents sold it in 86. cry . I ate a lot of venison and turkey's that came off it but I never got to hunt it.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[

The free slings you received without the common courtesy of receipt acknowledgement or mere thank-you simply reveals character (or lack thereof). Or perhaps it's your gray matter upstairs - if the latter, please accept my sincerest apologies.

SKane,

He did the same thing to me. Back when there was a run on 308 cartridges, he put out an add on the classifieds begging for some. I sent him a flat rate box full. Never even got an acknowledgement, let alone a thank you.

Playing the sympathy card can work in the short term, but it won't in the long term.

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks for the thought Pugs.
Slow Dog if I didn't thank you...I'm sorry. Thank you. powdr

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It may not be what your looking for but there are a number of youth hunt programs with lots of camaraderie and campfire time. Austin Woods and Waters sponsors a couple and you will get access to some primo ranches. You may or may not get a chance to pull a trigger but for me just getting out in the field is a great thing. I get more satisfaction from a young hunter taking their first game animal then shooting one myself. Just a thought. And they are always looking for women to mentor the young lady hunters if your wife is a huntress.

Regarding priorities I think I should clean out my gun collection and go back to Africa. Hunting Africa can be less expensive than Texas on a per head basis.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, leave it to guys like Skane who can hunt for the cost of a tag to get his peter all bent out of shape. He's still mad cause I didn't say thank you for a worn out sling he sent me one time. God I wish I had his address so I could send the sum bitch back to him. powdr

Hey powdr, I just discovered this thread. I think you got something mixed up. It wasn't Skane who sent you the slings, it was me. Two of them. One leather, and the other synthetic. Neither of them were worn out! Both had Uncle Mike's swivels attached. I shipped them to you @ no charge, if you recall.

OH, AND 'I didn't get all bent out of shape' because you didn't thank me. Fact is, now that I think about it, I never did hear from you--just to set the record straight.

If you want to send them old worn out slings back to me, just PM me and I'll give you my address.

Apparently you are one of those guys that would complain about someone who gave you a $100 bill because it was green and wrinkled!

WN

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Simple Thanks

Or I'm sorry might have gone a lot further.

I put powder on ignore so I would remember not to get into any deals with him. He asked for something ( I can't remember what ) I think just some info on a load or something. He read my response and never even said thanks or kiss my azz.

Certainly no harm but a simple thanks goes a LONG way.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Simple Thanks

Or I'm sorry might have gone a lot further.

I put powder on ignore so I would remember not to get into any deals with him. He asked for something ( I can't remember what ) I think just some info on a load or something. He read my response and never even said thanks or kiss my azz.

Certainly no harm but a simple thanks goes a LONG way.

Amen, that's me to a tee. Even a kiss my ass will work.

I've not bought/sold with some folks again,. not because the 1st time things arrived etc, but no communication.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I would rather not hunt another day in my life than beg for access on a public forum.

David

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Kiss my ass..... laugh

Some of you guys need to toughen up your little feelers, the guy threw it out there that he was looking for a little companionship, and maybe some gun play, have you guys never fished a creek with strangers?

Texas is a strange place, the pay to play culture sure shuts out a lot of good people.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Head towards Gatesville and just have to hit the feed stores or drive the country.

Used to be not many leased out that way. But a lot started. Bound to be some stuff out there might not be quite perfect country, but worht a try and some bucks.

A cousin farms out that way and they only have open fields and such, no brush other than fencelines but we always had fun and killed a deer now and then years ago.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Canazes9
I would rather not hunt another day in my life than beg for access on a public forum.

David

Wow. Bunch of judgemental guys on this forum. Didn't Momma ever tell you, " if you can't say something nice..."

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by southtexas

David

Wow. Bunch of judgemental guys on this forum. Didn't Momma ever tell you, " if you can't say something nice..."

I don't think I stated a judgement of any kind - I simply stated my opinion.

You're too stupid to see when you're getting played - That's a judgment. See the difference?

If he's able to hunt he's able to work. Lots of retired guys pick up a few yards, work at Wal-Mart for 10hrs a week, etc. It's ridiculously easy to make the few thousand he needs to be able to hunt, he would rather beg for it. Hunting is a luxury, not a need. If you can't afford it you find a way to earn or you do without. It saddens me to see what is becoming of this nation.

Signs and wonders.

David

Last edited by Canazes9; 06/05/16. Reason: typo
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

David

I don't think I stated a judgement of any kind - I simply stated my opinion.

You're too stupid to see when you're getting played - That's a judgment. See the difference?

If he's able to hunt he's able to work. Lots of retired guys pick up a few yards, work at Wal-Mart for 10hrs a week, etc. It's ridiculously easy to make the few thousand he needs to be able to hunt, he would rather beg for it. Hunting is a luxury, not a need. If you can't afford it you find a way to earn or you do without. It saddens me to see what is becoming of this nation.

Signs and wonders.

David

You certainly have a point, maybe he will come to that conclusion also, or maybe do some custom reloading or some thing along those lines, it is all about priorities, many people give, in many different ways.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Modest fee is what he inquired about. not free.

I'm a benefit of the doubt type of guy, but I understand the plight.

Many while working full time, can afford to pay what I consider much more, for lots of things.

Retire and the budget becomes mostly fixed and somewhat tight.

Looking for a more reasonably priced place to dink around at makes sense to me.

Damn shame he asked it here though evidently.

Trying to be responsible so he doesn't run out of money in retirement but gets faulted for being responsible enough to look for a better deal...

OTOH come on here and ask about access to public land, how do you get an antelope or elk or such, and you'll get info. Hey start here, look there, try this unit. No one usually gives out coordinates so to speak but most are happy to help.

Lord forbid when it involves fees though.

Get a job you lazy SOB... hmm, there was a song like that too IIRC...

Last edited by rost495; 06/05/16.

P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks rost495, was not begging or looking for something for free. powdr

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Many while working full time, can afford to pay what I consider much more, for lots of things.

Trying to be responsible so he doesn't run out of money in retirement but gets faulted for being responsible enough to look for a better deal...

OTOH come on here and ask about access to public land, how do you get an antelope or elk or such, and you'll get info. Hey start here, look there, try this unit. No one usually gives out coordinates so to speak but most are happy to help.

Rost

Directions and coordinates for public land ain't asking someone else to provide things that cost $ for free (asking to pay a modest fee is still asking to pay less than it's worth, still asking something for nothing.)

Guys, I just turned 65 and am seeing living on retirement money is not easy. I've hunted all of my life but now find myself in a place where I cannot afford it. If there's anyone that would consider letting me hunt on their place for a modest fee I would appreciate it. Not much of a killer anymore but would love to sit by a fire again and be out in the woods. Please pm me if you have something. Thanks, powdr

I can provide you with a long list of $hit that I want to do that I can't afford - I don't come begging for it on a public forum.

PT Barnum was right.

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Missouri has hundreds of thousands of acres of 100% free federal, state and conservation land.

100% free or $3 to $5 daily parking/use fee

Over the counter deer and turkey license for anyone who wants one at one with many parts of the state allowing up to 5 deer or with a bonus draw hunt up to 3 more deer and all that at one of the lowest cost in the lowEric 48

Camping is available all over these places normally free for anyone

That's all you'll get for free or little cost in Missouri

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
[quote=rost495]

I can provide you with a long list of $hit that I want to do that I can't afford - I don't come begging for it on a public forum.

David

So you're judging yourself better than he is, because you would never "beg". Good for you.

Until you've walked a mile in his shoes....

you're making all kinds of assumptions. And we all know what assumptions do

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Rost

Directions and coordinates for public land ain't asking someone else to provide things that cost $ for free (asking to pay a modest fee is still asking to pay less than it's worth, still asking something for nothing.)

PT Barnum was right.

David

Well I have a different view of it. He was asking for any cheaper options. He wasn't asking for free.

There is a BIG difference in my world.

YMMV.

And thats cool.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[quote=rost495]

David

So you're judging yourself better than he is, because you would never "beg". Good for you.

Until you've walked a mile in his shoes....

you're making all kinds of assumptions. And we all know what assumptions do

I think he should go hold up a sign at the nearest big intersection saying "need money to pay for deer lease".

Given the number of people as gullible as you in this world he probably will be able to join one of the more exclusive hunting leases in Texas in just a few days.

David

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
sounds like you have been blessed.

Hope you never have to ask for help.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
sounds like you have been blessed.

Hope you never have to ask for help.

Don't worry, you will NEVER see me begging for a handout for a luxury I cant afford - here or anywhere else.

It is absolutely appalling that so many folks think it's ok.

You should start an online donation fund for his deer lease dues, go ahead and chip in the first $100 yourself. Then you can tell yourself what a good person you are and bask in the glow of having done so much good.

David

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
What's telling, is that the OP posted a request for Texans. You apparently live in LA so you were not even addressed.

Yet, you felt the need to insert yourself, put someone else down, and puff yourself up.

Says alot more about you than him.

Have a nice day, I need to go arrange my sock drawer...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
He posted on a a public forum so he's fair game. I've hunted in Texas for the last twelve years. I lived in Texas for 9 years, haven't been home to Louisiana for a full year yet. I'm very familiar with this line of BS.

What's telling about you is that you like to whine like a little girl when presented with reality.

What are you doing to ease his suffering? I mean besides throwing a hissy fit? Hissy fits don't spend real well - leases are expensive!

That's what I thought.

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's funny is a couple posters want to scold others for bad behavior and/or not helping.

Meanwhile neither of the two are going to help Powder find a cheap hunting spot.

When they do please post it up.....until you do...I'm waiting

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm in for a spot that I can hunt 140" plus deer for $50. Can anyone pickup my NR license?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ted:

If your comments are aimed at me, permit me to clarify.

The OP's request was quite specific. To wit: " If there's anyone that would consider letting me hunt on their place for a modest fee I would appreciate it" He never asked for donations, or starting a fund, etc.

I was not suggesting that anyone should help or not help. (But if I knew a place, I would not mind passing along the info.)

I just don't understand is the need to castigate the guy. (get a job, change your priorities, I'd never do that, etc) when you know nothing about his personal/family situation.

If you can help, fine. If you can't help, fine. If you don't want to help, fine. Just move on.

And if you disagree with my opinion, that's ok, too.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm in for a spot that I can hunt 140" plus deer for $50. Can anyone pickup my NR license?

Another member pm'd me that he would be in for an African Safari if someone would cover his PH and Trophy Fees. He's not asking for something for nothing - he's willing to cover airline costs (but if someone wanted to help with that I'm sure he's willing to talk).

David

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Thank You or Kiss my ass.... Just in case I ever forgot.

Skane too.

David also - everyone named David....

And most Texans. And all-you-all that put me on ignore 'cause I said I think Weaver rings look like chit cause I really meant it! Thousand dollar rifle and a set of stamped metal rings - Geebus!

And anyone else I forgot to acknowledge, positively or otherwise, Thank You or KMA!

Carl

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ted:

If your comments are aimed at me, permit me to clarify.

The OP's request was quite specific. To wit: " If there's anyone that would consider letting me hunt on their place for a modest fee I would appreciate it" He never asked for donations, or starting a fund, etc.

I was not suggesting that anyone should help or not help. (But if I knew a place, I would not mind passing along the info.)

I just don't understand is the need to castigate the guy. (get a job, change your priorities, I'd never do that, etc) when you know nothing about his personal/family situation.

If you can help, fine. If you can't help, fine. If you don't want to help, fine. Just move on.

And if you disagree with my opinion, that's ok, too.

S. T.

All BS aside, you seem like a decent guy. The reactions you are seeing are from people that have experience dealing with scammers and grifters. Nobody trying to run a con ever says "hey, I'm a lazy, worthless human being - who here would like to pay for my hunting expenses?" See? That's where the con part comes from, and the tender little hearts like yours that think "that's so sad!" to whatever BS story they come up with.

This is a grift.

David

Last edited by Canazes9; 06/05/16. Reason: typo
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
David:
Thank you for the civil reply. You could be exactly correct in that this is nothing but a scam. But neither you nor I know that for sure.

I've been around the block a few times and seen my share of scams. And I’m not your typical bleeding heart. Even lived in Baton Rouge and Lake Charles years ago!

The guy is not asking for a donation toward a lease payment. So it’s not like handing a guy on the street corner 10 bucks and making him promise not to buy beer.

Seems to me a rancher, who had a place nearby, after checking references, could have the guy pay a few bucks for a day or weekend hunt for hogs. They could get to know each other and then decide whether to go forward, with little risk to either party. And as pretty much anyone who has leased hunting property in Texas has found out, you can get your butt thrown off in a heartbeat if things don’t go right as far as the landowner is concerned!

Powdr’s profile says his occupation is/was education. I presume that means he was a teacher. I have a lot respect for teachers, especially in today’s world. They work hard at a very important job, for little pay. Guess that is one reason I might be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

But apparently some guys here have had unsatisfactory deals with the him, so perhaps the skepticism is justified.

Quein sabe…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems I'm the only sorry sack of sheit that offered ol' powder a place to hunt

Just gas money and a map

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Just gas money and a map

Please let us know if he takes u up on it. I've got a feeling it's too far to drive, the out of state license fees are too high, he's got a bone in his leg, etc....

David

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
David:
Thank you for the civil reply. You could be exactly correct in that this is nothing but a scam. But neither you nor I know that for sure.

I've been around the block a few times and seen my share of scams. And I’m not your typical bleeding heart. Even lived in Baton Rouge and Lake Charles years ago!

The guy is not asking for a donation toward a lease payment. So it’s not like handing a guy on the street corner 10 bucks and making him promise not to buy beer.

Seems to me a rancher, who had a place nearby, after checking references, could have the guy pay a few bucks for a day or weekend hunt for hogs. They could get to know each other and then decide whether to go forward, with little risk to either party. And as pretty much anyone who has leased hunting property in Texas has found out, you can get your butt thrown off in a heartbeat if things don’t go right as far as the landowner is concerned!

Powdr’s profile says his occupation is/was education. I presume that means he was a teacher. I have a lot respect for teachers, especially in today’s world. They work hard at a very important job, for little pay. Guess that is one reason I might be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

But apparently some guys here have had unsatisfactory deals with the him, so perhaps the skepticism is justified.

Quein sabe…

It starts and ends when he says he's looking for help to get something he can't afford.

And that something is a life luxury, not a need. Would you do that? Would you to beg for help paying for a luxury on a public forum? Think about it.

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Just gas money and a map

Please let us know if he takes u up on it. I've got a feeling it's too far to drive, the out of state license fees are too high, he's got a bone in his leg, etc....

David

I've had 7 PM's asking for me to put a pin on a map and help them set up camp, drag deer, cut wood ect

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Just gas money and a map

David

I've had 7 PM's asking for me to put a pin on a map and help them set up camp, drag deer, cut wood ect

$hit Ted - I didn't realize how good your heart was!

Do you chop wood? I've got this bursitis....

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No

I have a Husky 460 and a hydraulic spliter

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No

I have a Husky 460 and a hydraulic spliter

Ted,

Here's the thing - it's important to me that I'm not seen as a deadbeat. I can afford to pay a modest fee. I'm thinking $5/day for all the firewood I can use, camp set-up, cooking , game skinning, etc. Heck I could even go $7.50/day - remind me before I leave and I'll write you a check...

David

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
7.50 a day? Damn that's mighty white of you......lol.

Powdr, if I had a place to hunt I'd let you come on up......

Good luck in your search

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is wishing one of the better forum members good hunting in a great spot this season, powdr. I always enjoy dealing with you and hope Karma does what's right by you.

L2S

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The amount you guys spend for a tag wouldn't buy the gas a Texas guy spends going back and forth to their lease in the off season. powdr
Exactly the reason I'd never live in that shythole. People like to rag on those of us who live in NY because we have shytty politics and bad gun laws but I've hunted 41 seasons here, killed multiple deer every one of them and never spent a dime on lease/trespass fee's. Never will either. We have six million acres of public land and 10's of thousands of acres of it are within a 15 minute drive in any direction from my home. There are also still landowners here who will give permission to hunt for free. I have permission on 326 acres of private land just across the road from my house and another 148 acres 2 miles up the road. I have several more properties if I want to drive a ways but rarely do anymore as I don't have any trouble filling my tags right here at home. If you want to drive to NY in November I'll show you some places where you can set up camp and hunt till your hearts content.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really wanted to move to NY myself. Only the politics scares me away. Beautiful state.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The amount you guys spend for a tag wouldn't buy the gas a Texas guy spends going back and forth to their lease in the off season. powdr
Exactly the reason I'd never live in that shythole. People like to rag on those of us who live in NY because we have shytty politics and bad gun laws but I've hunted 41 seasons here, killed multiple deer every one of them and never spent a dime on lease/trespass fee's. Never will either. We have six million acres of public land and 10's of thousands of acres of it are within a 15 minute drive in any direction from my home. There are also still landowners here who will give permission to hunt for free. I have permission on 326 acres of private land just across the road from my house and another 148 acres 2 miles up the road. I have several more properties if I want to drive a ways but rarely do anymore as I don't have any trouble filling my tags right here at home. If you want to drive to NY in November I'll show you some places where you can set up camp and hunt till your hearts content.

Plus stupid property taxes, stupid people (see above) the the willingness to give YOUR money to people that want to destroy the Constitution.

Brilliant.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Last edited by JGRaider; 06/12/16.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Time to take up public hunting. I've had some great experiences in places that most Texans don't even know exist.

Me too.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Thank You or Kiss my ass.... Just in case I ever forgot.

Skane too.

David also - everyone named David....

And most Texans. And all-you-all that put me on ignore 'cause I said I think Weaver rings look like chit cause I really meant it! Thousand dollar rifle and a set of stamped metal rings - Geebus!

And anyone else I forgot to acknowledge, positively or otherwise, Thank You or KMA!

Carl

Reckon that pretty much covers it.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Sounds like a win-win. You don't want to be in Texas, and with that attitude, we don't want you here.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Plus stupid property taxes, stupid people (see above) the the willingness to give YOUR money to people that want to destroy the Constitution.

Brilliant.
Stupid people are obviously abundant in the South too. Pay lower taxes but then have to fork over $2500.00 for a hunting lease where you're stuck on the same piece of property and probably even in the same few stands overlooking the same feeders day after day. How exciting.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
We don't pay stupid lease fee's like you Southern retards do.

That's a shame. I bet you're a blast to have around in deer camp.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGRaider
We don't pay stupid lease fee's like you Southern retards do.

That's a shame. I bet you're a blast to have around in deer camp.
I notice none of you proud Texans have offered to show the OP a place where he can set up camp and hunt for free.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I'm Texan. I pay $48 for an annual public hunting permit and hunt public land. There are designated camping areas at most of the WMAs where public hunting is allowed. Of course, you'll have travel and camping costs, but otherwise, that's it. The largest hurdle to overcome, really, is scouting and familiarizing yourself with the land available to hunt. A guy who is retired should have the advantage of free time to do a lot of that during the off season.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
powdr and I have had deslings with each other and it worked out fine for both of us.

I'm sorry I can't let him hunt my place. I don't lease it out, but the ones that want to come hunt start calling in September. My wife has to schedule them in on the calendar so their hunts won't overlap. Not complaining, because we enjoy the company. I can only hunt so many folks a year because I have a small place and can only harvest so much game.

I truly believe in my heart, if powdr will build himself a good hog trap, put an ad in the paper "I trap hogs" --- he will be welcomed with open arms on many ranches, and some old rancher will let him shoot a deer or two. And, on the plus side, you can even pick up some pocket change and some new friends.

If you don't like Robert E. Lee, you won't like it on this ranch. JGM
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by oldgunsmith
if powdr will build himself a good hog trap, put an ad in the paper "I trap hogs" --- he will be welcomed with open arms on many ranches, and some old rancher will let him shoot a deer or two. And, on the plus side, you can even pick up some pocket change and some new friends.

This is great advice. Offer something in return.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Tejano
Originally Posted by oldgunsmith
if powdr will build himself a good hog trap, put an ad in the paper "I trap hogs" --- he will be welcomed with open arms on many ranches, and some old rancher will let him shoot a deer or two. And, on the plus side, you can even pick up some pocket change and some new friends.

This is great advice. Offer something in return.

I agree.

Of course many ranches won't welcome a hog trapper. Care to guess what works at most every place?

Cash!

Yes, that's right cash! Cash earned from a few piddling hours of work per week will buy a kingly hunting spot even in Tx. I suppose that begging on a street corner may be even more profitable. I've never tried it, but I hear those guys make $. Powdr should try that.

David

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ask Santa for a lease and some MD 20 20 wine to go with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Good ol' Class Warfare alive and well even here on the Fire....

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rick,

I surely hope I didn't come across that way. I was merely trying to illustrate that a guy with limited discretionary income might need to prioritize.

What makes the campfire great is the abundance of fantastic folks - mostly strangers, that would seemingly give one another the shirt off of their back simply because of a shared interest/passion. Three people above have shown the OP cannot appreciate or at least acknowledge even the smallest acts of kindness.

The OP might be shy on funds but seemingly rich in time-on-hand due to retirement. Yet no offering to go above and beyond to move/fix stands, fill feeders, camera czar, process deer, reload ammo, trap hogs, yada, yada, yada - simply, "I'm looking to pay less".

I don't excel at many things but I am pretty good at reading sign. And past performance is indeed indicative of future results. wink

WWP53D
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[video:youtube]uCB42DDDXPI[/video]

David

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I don't have a dog in this hunt. However, he asked about "reasonable" not free hunting. What is reasonable in one part of Texas might not be in another part. For example, if I was not a landowner, I would never be able to afford South Texas where I hunt. Why because it is not reasonable to hunt based on my salary, and I make a very good salary. Do I hunt in the same blind each year with the same feeder each year, yes I do and more then happy to. And I take a deer each year at least 140 pound and at least the same score. I really don't care about the rack anymore, I have so many of them, its pointless, its more the weight for me. My family also had some "hill county" land, that I hunted when I was a child too, but that sold. If the deer was more then 80 pounds, that was a monster. There were so many deer in the area that a year round lease was cheaper then the taxes on the property, but that was years ago.

Quite frankly if you are not making better then 250k a year (based on south Texas wages), you are priced out of South Texas. Would I never lease for deer, never. For hogs, it was not for the liability and the lease permits, etc., that's a different story. I wish rancher's would stop managing hogs trying to make money on hogs and just get every kill every last one of those things.

Last edited by wesheltonj; 06/28/16.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rick,

I surely hope I didn't come across that way. I was merely trying to illustrate that a guy with limited discretionary income might need to prioritize.

What makes the campfire great is the abundance of fantastic folks - mostly strangers, that would seemingly give one another the shirt off of their back simply because of a shared interest/passion. Three people above have shown the OP cannot appreciate or at least acknowledge even the smallest acts of kindness.

The OP might be shy on funds but seemingly rich in time-on-hand due to retirement. Yet no offering to go above and beyond to move/fix stands, fill feeders, camera czar, process deer, reload ammo, trap hogs, yada, yada, yada - simply, "I'm looking to pay less".

I don't excel at many things but I am pretty good at reading sign. And past performance is indeed indicative of future results. wink

I wasn't referring to you. Powdr's post seems to reflect some jealousy about what others have.

I could be wrong. smile

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
I don't have a dog in this hunt. However, he asked about "reasonable" not free hunting. What is reasonable in one part of Texas might not be in another part. For example, if I was not a landowner, I would never be able to afford South Texas where I hunt. Why because it is not reasonable to hunt based on my salary, and I make a very good salary. Do I hunt in the same blind each year with the same feeder each ymkear, yes I do and more then happy to. And I take a deer each year at least 140 pound and at least the same score. I really don't care about the rack anymore, I have so many of them, its pointless, its more the weight for me. My family also had some "hill county" land, that I hunted when I was a child too, but that sold. If the deer was more then 80 pounds, that was a monster. There were so many deer in the area that a year round lease was cheaper then the taxes on the property, but that was years ago.

Quite frankly if you are not making better then 250k a year (based on south Texas wages), you are priced out of South Texas. Would I never lease for deer, never. For hogs, it was not for the liability and the lease permits, etc., that's a different story. I wish rancher's would stop managing hogs trying to make money on hogs and just get every kill every last one of those things.

No he didn't - he said he couldn't afford to hunt and was looking for a place to go for a "modest fee" - in other words he's willing to pay less than it's worth. It's a con plain and simple. Hunting is nowhere close to a necessity - it's a luxury. If you can't afford a luxury you do with out. This is exactly what's wrong with this country - nobody is interested in equality of opportunity, only equality of outcomes.

In other words, he wants what "you" have but doesn't want to pay for it - you should give him yours. It's only fair. Sounds like you've got a good thing going for yourself, you gonna give him yours? Or were you thinking somebody else should? Somebody "rich"?

Disgusting.

The number of people that think it's OK is disgusting.

David

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Really got a burr under your saddle, don't you.

If this issue is "disgusting" you must lead a tortured life.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've personally never had a problem helping another man, if I feel the man is worthy. You reap what you sow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Still don't understand why a sizable minority here on the 'fire feel compelled to offer up judgement on folks they have never met whose threads weren't addressed to them, either individually or as a part of a subgroup. It smacks of both arrogance and ignorance to me.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by mudhen
Still don't understand why a sizable minority here on the 'fire feel compelled to offer up judgement on folks they have never met whose threads weren't addressed to them, either individually or as a part of a subgroup. It smacks of both arrogance and ignorance to me.

He put his panhandle request on a public forum - I'll judge it as I see fit.

This mentality of the populace to take from others instead of earning from themselves is a direct result of the Liberal populist movement and they are attempting to destroy this nation with it (seemingly somewhat successful with it too). Sorry you're too much of a pussy to understand - you might examine your own ignorance on the subject as well.

David

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Here's a simplified version for the comprehension impaired:

The ant and the grasshopper

David

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If you're not an Internet tough guy like me,you're a
Pussy 😀

Ofren wrong but never in doubt....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mudhen

Couldn't agree more.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
I don't have a dog in this hunt. However, he asked about "reasonable" not free hunting. What is reasonable in one part of Texas might not be in another part. For example, if I was not a landowner, I would never be able to afford South Texas where I hunt. Why because it is not reasonable to hunt based on my salary, and I make a very good salary. Do I hunt in the same blind each year with the same feeder each ymkear, yes I do and more then happy to. And I take a deer each year at least 140 pound and at least the same score. I really don't care about the rack anymore, I have so many of them, its pointless, its more the weight for me. My family also had some "hill county" land, that I hunted when I was a child too, but that sold. If the deer was more then 80 pounds, that was a monster. There were so many deer in the area that a year round lease was cheaper then the taxes on the property, but that was years ago.

No he didn't - he said he couldn't afford to hunt and was looking for a place to go for a "modest fee" - in other words he's willing to pay less than it's worth. It's a con plain and simple. Hunting is nowhere close to a necessity - it's a luxury. If you can't afford a luxury you do with out. This is exactly what's wrong with this country - nobody is interested in equality of opportunity, only equality of outcomes.

In other words, he wants what "you" have but doesn't want to pay for it - you should give him yours. It's only fair. Sounds like you've got a good thing going for yourself, you gonna give him yours? Or were you thinking somebody else should? Somebody "rich"?

Disgusting.

The number of people that think it's OK is disgusting.

David

I re-read his post. He says he is retired and can no longer "afford" to hunt, and is looking for place with a "modest" fee. That may or may not imply "free" or even "reduced fee." It might mean that he can no longer afford a top end or medium place, but could afford a less desirable place, ie. small deer and not a lot of opportunities to harvest a deer.

And no I don't think for a minute he should be subsided by some "rich" guy to hunt.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
All the bleeding hearts, poor poor misjudged Powdr.

Who's going to give him a place to hunt?

Hmmmm?

Who's going to fund this dead beat that can't afford a few thousand because he ain't willing to work for his luxury items?

He'll probably need help with his gas too.

Might need a new truck, a travel trailer, a 4 wheeler - sigh! Hunting's expensive!

JG Raider

Love the comments. You've got access to some of the best hunting in Texas - I can only assume you're PM to Powdr is in his in box.....

David

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Hmmmm?

Who's going to fund this dead beat that can't afford a few thousand because he ain't willing to work for his luxury items?

Might need a new truck, a travel trailer, a 4 wheeler - sigh! Hunting's expensive!

JG Raider

Love the comments. You've got access to some of the best hunting in Texas - I can only assume you're PM to Powdr is in his in box.....

David

It sounds to me, like powdr is living rent free in your head right now. smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
SKANE, I HAVE GIVEN AWAY MORE STUFF THAN MOST PEOPLE HAVE BOUGHT HERE. Sometimes people want to reciprocate. It's just a few fellows that think they don't need anybody to survive. I've made a lot of friends buying, trading and selling to other people. You say you don't suffer fools but yet you act like one. Let's just let it die and you go your way and I'll go mine. powdr

Then buy,sell, trade your way onto a lease and quit bitchin. You're whining like a teenage girl.

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jimy

Hmmmm?

JG Raider

David

Jimy

I'm sure Powdr will appreciate your charitable donation.

David

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Hmmmm?

JG Raider

David

Jimy

I'm sure Powdr will appreciate your charitable donation.

David

Some times, not kicking a man when he is down, is all of the help he needs.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Some times, not kicking a man when he is down, is all of the help he needs.

Sometimes.

But in this case, he's not down, he's exactly where he planned to be - retired. He's not working and he wants things he can't afford, but he's too much of a lazy POS to do the minimal work that is needed to afford the things he wants.

Your caring ain't gonna buy him a place to hunt, but you get to believe you're a better person than I am - because you care! If only you could like his post like they do on Facebook!

David

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I never said I cared, one way or another, I'm not so sure why you do?

Last edited by jimy; 06/29/16.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

JG Raider

David

You really shouldn't assume much if it has anything to do with me, since you do not know me. I have, however, been known to give stuff away, in light of the fact that none of my "best hunting in Texas" places are free.

Take note of the kid below, who a month before this lost his dad to cancer. You notice the smile on his face? I'll never forget it. This is what it's all about to me. If I want to give a hunt, or pay for a hunt, to whoever, for whatever reason I want to, I usually feel free to do so, in light of what the moral authorities think. I do not know powdr from Adam, BTW.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nice!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

JG Raider

David

You really shouldn't assume much if it has anything to do with me, since you do not know me. I have, however, been known to give stuff away, in light of the fact that none of my "best hunting in Texas" places are free.

Take note of the kid below, who a month before this lost his dad to cancer. You notice the smile on his face? I'll never forget it. This is what it's all about to me. If I want to give a hunt, or pay for a hunt, to whoever, for whatever reason I want to, I usually feel free to do so, in light of what the moral authorities think. I do not know powdr from Adam, BTW.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Great!

Glad to hear this is solved and Powdr now has a place to hunt!

David

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I never said I cared, one way or another, I'm not so sure why you do?

I've already explained why I care multiple times, feel free to reread my posts in this thread.

Glad to see how much you don't care with your multiple posts on the topic.

David

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Great!

David

Can't wait.....we get to hunt sandhills bucks in the rut for the first time ever....Oct-Jan 2017. Will send pics.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Great!

David

Can't wait.....we get to hunt sandhills bucks in the rut for the first time ever....Oct-Jan 2017. Will send pics.

Looking fwd to reading all about it next fall and the years to come!

David

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This will tide you over I bet.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This will tide you over I bet.

Damned nice deer JG!

David

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

David

Ditto!

Location: Bartlett, suburb of Memphis. Texas native, and can't wait to be a resident again!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,288 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,395
Posts18,469,994
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.