-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Still don't understand why a sizable minority here on the 'fire feel compelled to offer up judgement on folks they have never met whose threads weren't addressed to them, either individually or as a part of a subgroup. It smacks of both arrogance and ignorance to me.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by mudhen
Still don't understand why a sizable minority here on the 'fire feel compelled to offer up judgement on folks they have never met whose threads weren't addressed to them, either individually or as a part of a subgroup. It smacks of both arrogance and ignorance to me.

He put his panhandle request on a public forum - I'll judge it as I see fit.

This mentality of the populace to take from others instead of earning from themselves is a direct result of the Liberal populist movement and they are attempting to destroy this nation with it (seemingly somewhat successful with it too). Sorry you're too much of a pussy to understand - you might examine your own ignorance on the subject as well.

David

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Here's a simplified version for the comprehension impaired:

The ant and the grasshopper

David

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you're not an Internet tough guy like me,you're a
Pussy 😀

Ofren wrong but never in doubt....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by mudhen

Couldn't agree more.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
I don't have a dog in this hunt. However, he asked about "reasonable" not free hunting. What is reasonable in one part of Texas might not be in another part. For example, if I was not a landowner, I would never be able to afford South Texas where I hunt. Why because it is not reasonable to hunt based on my salary, and I make a very good salary. Do I hunt in the same blind each year with the same feeder each ymkear, yes I do and more then happy to. And I take a deer each year at least 140 pound and at least the same score. I really don't care about the rack anymore, I have so many of them, its pointless, its more the weight for me. My family also had some "hill county" land, that I hunted when I was a child too, but that sold. If the deer was more then 80 pounds, that was a monster. There were so many deer in the area that a year round lease was cheaper then the taxes on the property, but that was years ago.

Quite frankly if you are not making better then 250k a year (based on south Texas wages), you are priced out of South Texas. Would I never lease for deer, never. For hogs, it was not for the liability and the lease permits, etc., that's a different story. I wish rancher's would stop managing hogs trying to make money on hogs and just get every kill every last one of those things.

No he didn't - he said he couldn't afford to hunt and was looking for a place to go for a "modest fee" - in other words he's willing to pay less than it's worth. It's a con plain and simple. Hunting is nowhere close to a necessity - it's a luxury. If you can't afford a luxury you do with out. This is exactly what's wrong with this country - nobody is interested in equality of opportunity, only equality of outcomes.

In other words, he wants what "you" have but doesn't want to pay for it - you should give him yours. It's only fair. Sounds like you've got a good thing going for yourself, you gonna give him yours? Or were you thinking somebody else should? Somebody "rich"?

Disgusting.

The number of people that think it's OK is disgusting.

David

I re-read his post. He says he is retired and can no longer "afford" to hunt, and is looking for place with a "modest" fee. That may or may not imply "free" or even "reduced fee." It might mean that he can no longer afford a top end or medium place, but could afford a less desirable place, ie. small deer and not a lot of opportunities to harvest a deer.

And no I don't think for a minute he should be subsided by some "rich" guy to hunt.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
All the bleeding hearts, poor poor misjudged Powdr.

Who's going to give him a place to hunt?

Hmmmm?

Who's going to fund this dead beat that can't afford a few thousand because he ain't willing to work for his luxury items?

He'll probably need help with his gas too.

Might need a new truck, a travel trailer, a 4 wheeler - sigh! Hunting's expensive!

JG Raider

Love the comments. You've got access to some of the best hunting in Texas - I can only assume you're PM to Powdr is in his in box.....

David

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Hmmmm?

Who's going to fund this dead beat that can't afford a few thousand because he ain't willing to work for his luxury items?

Might need a new truck, a travel trailer, a 4 wheeler - sigh! Hunting's expensive!

JG Raider

Love the comments. You've got access to some of the best hunting in Texas - I can only assume you're PM to Powdr is in his in box.....

David

It sounds to me, like powdr is living rent free in your head right now. smile

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by powdr
SKANE, I HAVE GIVEN AWAY MORE STUFF THAN MOST PEOPLE HAVE BOUGHT HERE. Sometimes people want to reciprocate. It's just a few fellows that think they don't need anybody to survive. I've made a lot of friends buying, trading and selling to other people. You say you don't suffer fools but yet you act like one. Let's just let it die and you go your way and I'll go mine. powdr

Then buy,sell, trade your way onto a lease and quit bitchin. You're whining like a teenage girl.

Camp is where you make it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by jimy

Hmmmm?

JG Raider

David

Jimy

I'm sure Powdr will appreciate your charitable donation.

David

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Hmmmm?

JG Raider

David

Jimy

I'm sure Powdr will appreciate your charitable donation.

David

Some times, not kicking a man when he is down, is all of the help he needs.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Some times, not kicking a man when he is down, is all of the help he needs.

Sometimes.

But in this case, he's not down, he's exactly where he planned to be - retired. He's not working and he wants things he can't afford, but he's too much of a lazy POS to do the minimal work that is needed to afford the things he wants.

Your caring ain't gonna buy him a place to hunt, but you get to believe you're a better person than I am - because you care! If only you could like his post like they do on Facebook!

David

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I never said I cared, one way or another, I'm not so sure why you do?

Last edited by jimy; 06/29/16.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

JG Raider

David

You really shouldn't assume much if it has anything to do with me, since you do not know me. I have, however, been known to give stuff away, in light of the fact that none of my "best hunting in Texas" places are free.

Take note of the kid below, who a month before this lost his dad to cancer. You notice the smile on his face? I'll never forget it. This is what it's all about to me. If I want to give a hunt, or pay for a hunt, to whoever, for whatever reason I want to, I usually feel free to do so, in light of what the moral authorities think. I do not know powdr from Adam, BTW.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Nice!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JGRaider

JG Raider

David

You really shouldn't assume much if it has anything to do with me, since you do not know me. I have, however, been known to give stuff away, in light of the fact that none of my "best hunting in Texas" places are free.

Take note of the kid below, who a month before this lost his dad to cancer. You notice the smile on his face? I'll never forget it. This is what it's all about to me. If I want to give a hunt, or pay for a hunt, to whoever, for whatever reason I want to, I usually feel free to do so, in light of what the moral authorities think. I do not know powdr from Adam, BTW.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Great!

Glad to hear this is solved and Powdr now has a place to hunt!

David

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I never said I cared, one way or another, I'm not so sure why you do?

I've already explained why I care multiple times, feel free to reread my posts in this thread.

Glad to see how much you don't care with your multiple posts on the topic.

David

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Great!

David

Can't wait.....we get to hunt sandhills bucks in the rut for the first time ever....Oct-Jan 2017. Will send pics.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Great!

David

Can't wait.....we get to hunt sandhills bucks in the rut for the first time ever....Oct-Jan 2017. Will send pics.

Looking fwd to reading all about it next fall and the years to come!

David

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This will tide you over I bet.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

379 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 35 invisible), 1,884 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,125
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.