R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by TexasTBag
"With liberty and justice for all" American citizens were murdered in a terrorist attack today what the fug else do I need to know????

I've never questioned that. I've only asked folks to examine the premise which underlies the idea of "justice" in view of the premise which underlies the political agenda of the homosexual rights movement, which essentially holds that justice is a matter of personal preference. That is not the concept of "justice" this nation was founded on.

Any demand for "justice" from anyone who thinks the generative distinction between male and female---which is the basis not only of all human friendship, but the whole of human existence---is morally meaningless, is a positively schizophrenic demand

Jordan
Regardless, their sin and the sin of the gunman is no more damning than your's, mine, or Mother Teresa's.

Says who??? Murder is much, much worse a moral wrong than homosexuality and I doubt Mother Theresa did anything even approaching the moral wrong of sodomy!

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
I could care less what sex you prefer and this America and you have the freedom to choose without being shot for your choice

<mic drop>

Carpe' Scrotum
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Everything else is mental gymnastics with a sprained mind.

Why bring the Special Olympics into this?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by Huntz
Maybe there is payback on earth for Debauchery.Did not God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah for the sins of the wicked and depraved??That was a warning to the Sinners and maybe this is also.

[Linked Image]

So God works through Islamic jihadists. Got it.

Carpe' Scrotum
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Rob, if the 50 were straight whites would that have been a hate crime?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the only quote by Jefferson that matters on this subject

"Was founded on the Laws of their Prophet, that it was written in their Qur’an, that all nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as Prisoners, and that every Musselman (Muslim) who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise.”"

Its why the Marines hymn includes to the shores of Tripoli. I have a feeling we're going to add another verse.

Last edited by KFWA; 06/12/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Rob Jorden,you rate in the top five most ignorant [bleep] that I have seen post here.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Harry M
Rob, if the 50 were straight whites would that have been a hate crime?

I have never, ever believed in the concept of "hate crime". Is there then such a thing as a "love crime"? crazy The entire concept of "hate crime"---the agenda to label some crimes as hate crimes is nothing more than an attempt to marginalize conservative political and moral thought which happens to share an affinity with the so called "hate" which was the animus of a given crime against a protected group. In other words, the concept is intended to buttress the moral condemnation of anyone who thinks homosexuality is immoral
(for example) by equating the dislike of homosexuality which eventuates in the murder of a homosexual with the actual commission of that murder. It is clear that this liberal agenda has had considerable success with some here on the forum!

Ever notice how whites and conservatives are never the victims of hate crimes??? Why? Sadly, affirmative action and discrimination have made their way into the criminal arena.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 06/12/16.

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Autofive
Rob Jorden,you rate in the top five most ignorant [bleep] that I have seen post here.

I see. You have not refuted anything I wrote and what I wrote is nothing more than what Jefferson and others have written and thought. Moreover, what I wrote provides the only non-relative ground (the ground upon which this nation was founded) on which one can consistently condemn the shooting of innocent human beings, whether they are homosexuals or not.

So who is the real ignoramus??

Jordan

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by NH K9
"God has formed us moral agents... that we may promote the happiness of those with whom He has placed us in society, by acting honestly towards all, benevolently to those who fall within our way, respecting sacredly their rights, bodily and mental, and cherishing especially their freedom of conscience, as we value our own." --Thomas Jefferson to M. King, 1814.

Exactly!! But how many apologists for homosexuality believe that God has created them as "moral agents"---with the freedom to chose right from wrong, or that whatever behavior they choose might be wrong---that merely choosing it does not make it right!?

Jefferson held that the "laws of nature" and "of nature's God" stood in perfect harmony with respect to the demarcation between moral and immoral behavior and Jefferson was not shy about pointing out the immoral character of homosexuality. He wrote a criminal code for the Commonwealth of Virginia making it a felony punishable by castration. Jefferson also recognized that a moral code accessible only by revelation (revealed religion) had no just claim upon the behavior of a non-believer---this is why the moral foundation of this country is grounded on a moral law in which reason and revelation are in agreement---upon which the believer and unbeliever can agree.

Jefferson held that only the "just" laws can be derived from the consent of the governed. Consent as such cannot authorize anything intrinsically immoral. This means Jefferson recognized a moral order outside of human will. That moral order condemns the shooting of innocent people, including homosexuals, but the philosophic premises of the homosexual rights movement call into question the very moral authority of the moral order which seeks to protect them. My point is only to highlight their hypocrisy.

Jordan

That's certainly one interpretation...........

I'm curious how many "apologists" you see/read around here. I'd guess most simply don't GAF.

Regarding Jefferson.........how "moral" was it to have an (alleged) affair with a slave?

Plato and Aristotle......... Given their location/culture, historically speaking, I wouldn't bet against them engaging in the very behavior (or worse) under discussion.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can not believe you all give this lunatic the dignity of a response. Why in the hell did I even read past his name.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm surprised more people haven't figured out that the reason RJ is so vehemently anti gay, is because he is a closet turd burglar himself

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
"God has formed us moral agents... that we may promote the happiness of those with whom He has placed us in society, by acting honestly towards all, benevolently to those who fall within our way, respecting sacredly their rights, bodily and mental, and cherishing especially their freedom of conscience, as we value our own." --Thomas Jefferson to M. King, 1814.

Exactly!! But how many apologists for homosexuality believe that God has created them as "moral agents"---with the freedom to chose right from wrong, or that whatever behavior they choose might be wrong---that merely choosing it does not make it right!?

Jefferson held that the "laws of nature" and "of nature's God" stood in perfect harmony with respect to the demarcation between moral and immoral behavior and Jefferson was not shy about pointing out the immoral character of homosexuality. He wrote a criminal code for the Commonwealth of Virginia making it a felony punishable by castration. Jefferson also recognized that a moral code accessible only by revelation (revealed religion) had no just claim upon the behavior of a non-believer---this is why the moral foundation of this country is grounded on a moral law in which reason and revelation are in agreement---upon which the believer and unbeliever can agree.

Jefferson held that only the "just" laws can be derived from the consent of the governed. Consent as such cannot authorize anything intrinsically immoral. This means Jefferson recognized a moral order outside of human will. That moral order condemns the shooting of innocent people, including homosexuals, but the philosophic premises of the homosexual rights movement call into question the very moral authority of the moral order which seeks to protect them. My point is only to highlight their hypocrisy.

Jordan

That's certainly one interpretation...........

I'm curious how many "apologists" you see/read around here. I'd guess most simply don't GAF.

Regarding Jefferson.........how "moral" was it to have an (alleged) affair with a slave?

Plato and Aristotle......... Given their location/culture, historically speaking, I wouldn't bet against them engaging in the very behavior (or worse) under discussion.

Actually, what I wrote about Jefferson is not subject to interpretation. As far as Jefferson's alleged affair with Sally Hemmings, it is far from proven. Someone in the Jefferson line boinked her, but genetics do not prove it was ole' Tom. Again, political correctness and a Leftist agenda insist that it was him without the necessary proof. There a couple of good books out there on the topic.

Assuming arguendo Jefferson did boink Sally, it would make him a hypocrite. It would not make his arguments wrong.

As far as Aristotle and Plato, both condemned homosexuality in their writings. It is certainly true that homosexuality and pederasty were wide spread in ancient Rome but that tells us nothing of their desirability.

There are few apologists for homosexuality here, but there are some. (What this thread has demonstrated beyond any possible doubt thought is the existence of a lot of folk here who are completely ignorant of the philosophic underpinnings of western civilization and who have very poor reading comprehension!) My point was only to show the hypocrisy in condemning mass shootings while defending a movement whose premises essentially demand the conclusion that the condemnation of mass shootings is a purely idiosyncratic and subjective enterprise.

Jordan

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
He was boinking Sally Rob.....

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
(Rob) Jordan Funk, Esq., is nuttier than last year's fruitcake and twice as stale.

How in the name of Hell this schizo SOB can post stuff that he does here and then take a .gov check from the PRK to uphold and defend their laws boggles the mind.

Hell, I wonder what the PRK, State Ethics Board, and good citizens of Modoc County, CA would think of this psycho SOB posting on forums JUSTIFYING the Islamic terrorist slaughter of fifty American citizens because they were gay.

Any further questions as to how sick this bastard actually is?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I can not believe you all give this lunatic the dignity of a response. Why in the hell did I even read past his name.

It is a sad state affairs on this board when the philosophy of Thomas Jefferson and the Founders and the thought of Aristotle and Plato are considered lunacy. Apparently this place has a lot more in common with MoveOn and Daily Kos than we ever thought. did you read the Jaffa quote? If so, you did not comprehend it.

Jordan

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
It seems as though, throughout history, morality is what you foist upon others, not what you indict upon yourself. Oftentimes the most righteous and "moral" are anything but and even hardened criminals have their "code".

I certainly don't understand RJs premise? If you don't actively try to convert homosexuals (or punish them in absence of conversion) you can't condemn an ISIS terrorist because you're tacitly approving the decline of societal mores?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was always told to love the sinner not the sin. We may have moral objections to a persons actions or their beliefs however if you call yourself a Christian you would take this opportunity to thank God that your life was saved and not involved in having to do with a tragedy of this magnitude. It is not our jobs to be the final judge that job belongs to the Lord himself. You don't have to agree with their beliefs or their lifestyles but it's not your job to judge them.

This is nothing more than Islamic terrorism at its finest and it is up to us to protect ourselves and try to make our world the best place we can and not use this tragedy to further an agenda. I for one will pray for the victims and their families and hope that sooner rather than later we will have the cajoles to deal with the terrorists they way they should be dealt with.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
(Rob) Jordan Funk, Esq., will attempt to justify ANY hatred and murder as being morally acceptable through the words of Jaffa, Jefferson, et al., when at NO POINT did any of them justify the murder of innocent people by jihadi terrorists. (Rob) Jordan Funk, Esq., wants to justify these murders because he WANTS them to happen, and doesn't care who pulls the trigger.

He is, quite frankly, insane.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

It is a sad state affairs on this board when the philosophy of Thomas Jefferson and the Founders and the thought of Aristotle and Plato are considered lunacy. Apparently this place has a lot more in common with MoveOn and Daily Kos than we ever thought. did you read the Jaffa quote? If so, you did not comprehend it.

Jordan

The fact you can INTERPRET all that from his statement is telling.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

131 members (6mmbrfan, 907brass, 3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 15 invisible), 1,982 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,893
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.