Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Not making any excuses for the shooter , nut job for sure , but many peoples lives would be much simpler and less stress if they kept their private live private. There has been a lot of "gay" shoved down America's throat the last couple years. Lots are sick of their [bleep] , luckly most people are stable and not nut cases

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Nothing in the nature of man is "the ground for all reality". To believe so would be to believe that there is a harmonious state of primitive being where all is just and good and the relationship between the sexes is the basis for it. But aside from a short time in the garden, such a state has never existed in man. The natural state of man is sin, depravity, and violence, regardless of the nature of the relationship of the sexes.

Exactly right which in a sense backs up Rob Jordan. Without God and his teachings to follow and set as a moral compass man has always been a mixed bag of kindness and violence. We can condemn that behavior as being unchristain and seek forgivness but if we choose not to believe in God what basis do we have for condemning the behavior?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 4ager
Far from unhinged, you schizo nut; just IDing Robert Jordan Funk, Esq., as a nut job.

Mission accomplished.

Is he this guy: http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Member/Detail/152160

??

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ldholton
Not making any excuses for the shooter , nut job for sure , but many peoples lives would be much simpler and less stress if they kept their private live private. There has been a lot of "gay" shoved down America's throat the last couple years. Lots are sick of their [bleep] , luckly most people are stable and not nut cases

The Left will play this to the hilt--in much the same manner as some are doing here. Anyone who has the least disinclination, in the furthest reaches of their soul, to be in sympatico with the homosexual rights movement will be equated with condoning this mass murder. The "special victim" status of homosexuals will be elevated further and of course, the demand for gun control will be even greater.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Far from unhinged, you schizo nut; just IDing Robert Jordan Funk, Esq., as a nut job.

Mission accomplished.

??

No fan of Rob Jordan but unless he cheats or hurts a Campfire member, I don't think it's right to try and destroy someone's life.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Nothing in the nature of man is "the ground for all reality". To believe so would be to believe that there is a harmonious state of primitive being where all is just and good and the relationship between the sexes is the basis for it. But aside from a short time in the garden, such a state has never existed in man. The natural state of man is sin, depravity, and violence, regardless of the nature of the relationship of the sexes.

Respectfully, you've wholly misunderstood the argument First of all, the argument is not that "the nature of man is 'the ground for all reality'. Secondly, the argument does not imply a "harmonious state of primitive being where all is just and good". You mention "sin"--the argument I am making is non-sectarian. The history of human kind is indeed the history of depravity of violence as it is also often-times the history of courage, valor, justice and love. The issue is whether there is a non-relative basis to distinguish the latter as preferable to the former and if so, what is that basis?

No, I understand it quite well. "Reality" should have been "morality" but the iPhone has a way of saying what it thinks you want to say.

But no I understand it quite well. And the answer is no, there is no non-relative basis in nature. All non-sectarian arguments are in error and like a blind man in a dark room.

In short there is no morality without the Christian God. Sometimes people act morally. Others have codes that coincide with truth. But there is no understanding of truth without the Christian God.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And this guy...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by kingston
And this guy...

[Linked Image]

Holy....them some.Jimmy dean fingers

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

Mission accomplished.

??

No fan of Rob Jordan but unless he cheats or hurts a Campfire member, I don't think it's right to try and destroy someone's life.

I agree with you, however calling out a public official is altogether different.

http://www.co.modoc.ca.us/departments/district-attorney

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
]
In short there is no morality without the Christian God.

What a crock of manure.
Zealous abound in Orlando, around the world and the Campfire in not spared either.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Robert Jordan Funk, Esq., has - once and for all - demonstrated that the only real difference between the psychopaths like himself and those of ISIS/Taliban is that the Muslims don't lack the courage of conviction to do what both Mr. Funk and them both claim should be done. The radical Muslims will kill "infidels, apostates, heretics, and sodomites"; Rob will simply cheerlead them as they do so and rationalize it as acceptable.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by LostHighway
]

What a crock of manure.
Zealous abound in Orlando, around the world and the Campfire in not spared either.

I'm not saying that those who don't believe are immoral, I'm saying that there is no morality withou Him. It is a distinction you might not wish to understand. If you believe in God you MUST believe that everything good comes from him. In short your belief or lack thereof may be immaterial to the source of your moral actions.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]

go figure.

think it'll be charged as a hate crime or terrorism ?
....and will Bernie link it to global warming?

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
]

What a crock of manure.

I'm not saying that those who don't believe are immoral, I'm saying that there is no morality withou Him. It is a distinction you might not wish to understand. If you believe in God you MUST believe that everything good comes from him. In short your belief or lack thereof may be immaterial to the source of your moral actions.

Positing that your "God" is the basis for a singular universal and absolute morality isn't the only explanation for the ethical mores widely shared among people, notwithstanding, race, culture, country of citizenship, race, era, sexual orientation, religion, occupation, etc.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
]

What a crock of manure.

Positing that your "God" is the basis for a singular universal and absolute morality isn't the only explanation for the ethical mores widely shared among people, notwithstanding, race, culture, country of citizenship, race, era, sexual orientation, religion, occupation, etc.

My belief or even the truth of the argument does not require your agreement. Nor do I expect everyone to agree.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
]

What a crock of manure.

My belief or even the truth of the argument does not require your agreement. Nor do I expect everyone to agree.

Therein lies the difference between you and those like the jihadis and Robert Jordan Funk.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

It was my intention to use the possessive pronoun "your" in a universal sense. I meant to highlight a personal/subjective component of belief. Perhaps I should have omitted it altogether. We're not in disagreement.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
kingston,

If Godless evolution is a fact, explain to us why there is such a thing as morals. While you're at it maybe you could explain why it is a baby in the hospital nursery will watch a pretty nurse longer than they will an average looking nurse.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I certainly don't think homosexual behavior is moral, but I recognize that there are many aspects of heterosexual behavior that also isn't moral. My beliefs about homosexuality in no way condone hurting or killing them. I don't rejoice when fellow citizens are hurt, killed or deprived of their constitutional rights. If your allegiance is to ISIS or radical Islam you are NOT a fellow citizen, you are scum deserving of an excruciating death and swift judgement.

The sins of us all will be answered for on judgement day. Black, white, straight and gay we have the RIGHT to live our life in peace.

I couldn't agree more!

Just wanted to let you know Rob that we all think it's ok that you homosexual, it doesn't bother us at all.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ringman
If Godless evolution is a fact, explain to us why there is such a thing as morals. While you're at it maybe you could explain why it is a baby in the hospital nursery will watch a pretty nurse longer than they will an average looking nurse.

If the baby watches the pretty nurse longer than the average nurse, does that mean he's Christian?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

410 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 1,881 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,089
Posts18,521,999
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.