Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just a few mental notes.

The 6X42 is mechanically superior with a friendly eyebox for half the money.

3-9X42 mag troubles in cold weather is caused more from the rear scope ring being to far back. It puts a slight crimp on internals. Been there....done that!

Brad,

I danged near spit my coffee reading your last post. There is no doubt you are very knowledgeable and use what works. Stick on the other hand uses every single aspect of everything when he could skip around a lot and cut right to the chase. And by the way! When he pens down your a fn liar that's code for your getting under my skin big-time. Count yourself blessed as I've not seen the terminology applied to other members grin Everybody knows tactical wabbits is more effective than GFY logos

Stick,

I am glad your around and though you might be OCD your the first I'd ask for answers because you have most of em and you do lead to water. I've used a bunch of what you recommend and it's appreciated. Please take it easy......or not.....on us that like to lick windows grin

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 06/13/16.

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JeffZero,

What you say and what you "do" are polar opposites. Hint. Congratulations?!?

A zero-stop has never made a fhuqk to me,mainly because I always KNOW where I'm at on an erector's travel and what remains,to correlate POA/POI beyond a platform's zero. I toss alotta stops in,to help Newbs and to keep 'em from getting fhuqked up,after incorporating huge erector dumps,to blow their own minds. Hint.

I shoot more than a whole fhuqking bunch and couldn't begin to count how many times folks that don't,are "a turn off" or better and they very usually get "X fhuqked" too,by taking Hubble Bait. Easy to see it all coming,well in advance and from 1000's of miles away. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

Shodd,

Brad's a fhuqking lying piece of schit,mainly because she's a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. No more and no less...though it is purty fhuqking funny!

Being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,is prolly more than just a touch handy.(grin) It's never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't and I getta kick outta The Do Nothin Gang's BEST efforts,to reliably schlep STUPIDITY,to places it's never been before obliviously.

The 6x MQ connects all dots,with no bullschit. It has the mechanics to transmit alotta light,the mechanical aptitude to take some simply fhuqking incredible abuse,it's erector travel is both dead nuts on the fhuqking money and literally huge in it's scope. Pun be intended. Along with them constants,it grants a reticle that is amazingly easy to hold hard and subtend concisely,with more than a buncha opportunity staring one right in the fhuqking face. 10 Mils of latitude,is more than a whole fhuqking bunch friendly,as ele hold off's go. Hint.

Conjoin same with a good boolit,at a good speed,in a parcel that's FUN to fhuqking shoot and THE Greenest Turnip freshly fallen offa the fhuqking truck,can do things with the 1st poke,that would simply befuddle The Do Nothing Gang's collective efforts and "experience". Facts founded in Physics,just might be handy. Hint.

I get it,that these AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqks can only do their "best",which is the ONLY reason,the schit is soooooooooo fhuqking funny. Oblivious Humor Points are copiously awarded,to the Delusions cast about and not one of 'em is anywhere fhuqking close to a FIRST fhuqking clue. It is a most "impressive" display of Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery,under the auspice of Secret Squirrel "plans". Laughing!

It ain't very fhuqking hard to toss a dozen or better Skookum Rifles into the crummy,laden with differing types of glass,twist rates and boolits,then simply R&D 'em side by each and let absolutes unfold less any bias. I'm NEVER not looking for a better way and am happy to procure to see WTF,rather than set by and wonder.

Spent primers remain THE Supreme Tutorial and it cracks me the fhuqk up,just how many make excuses to preclude that actuality. But then again...them cardboard boxes ARE fairly "tricky" to open.(grin) It will come as a "surprise" to only (1) person in this World,that erector travel remaining after zero,is THE key to the whole enchilada and less KNOWING that,all is moot. Easy for me to say,if only because I got it all. Hint.

Prolly rude of me,not to do the MK4 M3 3.5-10x Self Shucker Dangle. My bad. The poignant profundity of the pixels,is lost upon all,save the astute. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry, in the spirit of polite conversation, one side benefit of your beer-canning your bases is that it would, I'd think, render a zero stop moot since you'd have less than a turn below your zero point.

I'm still not shimming bases. And my zero stop works great.

Took the Kimber/SHV and a few other rifles up to the hills today. Had to check 100-yd zero on the Lite (which has a NXS) since I'd added an anti-cant top ring. While there I did some more tracking tests on the SHV. It rocks. Plain and simple.

OP: sorry for the diversion and please report back how that SWFA treats you.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry, here's what DSM-3 looks like so you can read up on NPD (narcissistic personality disorder):

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In the spirit of impolite conversation, the quote below is total bullshït.

Big Stick says: " It will come as a "surprise" to only (1) person in this World,that erector travel remaining after zero,is THE key to the whole enchilada and less KNOWING that,all is moot. "

Given "plenty" of erector travel (which the SHV has) tracking, repeatability, and RTZ are the key to the whole enchilada. And knowing exactly how much you have, is only important insofar as you should know if you've got all you need to do what you want, plus a nice buffer.

Now apparently what YOU want is to shoot your main CF rifles out to a mile or so. If that's what a person wants, then your approach has validity. Otherwise it's silly to obsess over this. Sillier still to introduce another point of surface-interface with a shim or even worse, multiple shims.

You say I don't know how much I have left. I actually do know. I have enough to get me ~ 500 yards further than I have any desire to (seriously) shoot that particular rifle..... That'll do, pig. That'll do.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide

Tried a 6x MQ on the ADI but its failure to track consistently and RTZ forced me to put a REAL scope on it to find it's true potential...
[Linked Image]

Y'know......... it bears mentioning that the one dude who had the 'nads to post some Tall Target Tests, and they were impressive ones, has this to say about the 6x MQ.

I think maybe EHG might have a glimmer of a clue about this stuff. Maybe.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'....... wink

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
EHG just needs a Tactical Wabbit sticker on that Adirondack to make a perfect picture grin

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
JeffhomO: You're seriously too lazy to turn your turret until it stops? I knew liberals were lazy with no work ethic, but even a zilch such as yourself should be able to turn a dial while sitting on the couch.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JeffZero,

Putting sprinkles on STUPID,do not change the crux...no matter how badly you WISH it to be so. Congratulations?!?

Inclination that is static,has no equal and is easily arranged in numerous ways and I've all the T-shirts. Hint. Having a full erector's travel,on the otherside of zero,is anything but a "concession" and pays only dividends. Re-hint.

Do tell,what HASN'T "worked great" for you?!? You couldn't knock the "new" offa used pair of boots and the ONLY fhuqking thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination. Your exceedingly LOW "standards" are fhuqking EPIC in their hilarity and your "best",sure the fhuqk ain't anywhere near the mark. Cardboard boxes are "tricky" and you can't even get a 50/50 Vote right,you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk. Hint.

The Conquest "rocked" too and you never even came within 10% of it's paltry potential,let alone killed anything worth a fhuqk. The one thing for CERTAIN about you is,that when it's all said and done,there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said...than done. LAUGHING!

Neighbor kid came by,looking for The Dude and he said "I hear you like guns",to which I replied "not all of 'em". Then he started quizzing me and I could tell he'd shot more than a smidge(you haven't),so I asked him "on a scale of 1-10...how good are you?!?",to which he replied "seven!" and I said "now PROVE it". So I went to my crummy,grabbed Giotto's legs and a Manfrotto ballhead wearing an RC2 plated Gas Passer and tossed it at him and said "adjust it to fit your best standing position" and showed him how. Then I grabbed the Feinwerkbau 300S,a fresh tin of 8.4gr Exacts and handed it to him,so he could manipulate ergo's on the stance,ballhead tension and mechanics of the 'arm. After he felt comfy in the arrangement,I grabbed the Roundy-Round Whirly Gig outta da' back of the crummy and set it at 30yds. I told him "if you shoot the bigger target on the bottom,we are DONE" and then proceeded to show him how to get a JSB Exact into battery,less compromising a skirt's integrity. He broke the first shot on the money and I told him "you'er the first fhuqker to grease that trigger(2-ounces)",then slapped him on the back and let him have his way. After 10 hits in a row(to build confidence in the swirling winds),I repainted the small end with Tree Marking Paint(RUDD) and stole away the Giotto's and said "ANY fhuqking Retard can drive tacks with a FWB 300S on a rest...so now shoot from your hindlegs". To his credit,he never even fhuqking blinked. While his elbows were shy of anatomical brick stacking,he was locked in purty good and couldn't miss. I told him "you passed the Test,I'll leave this rifle where you can always get at it and there will be at least 1000 pellets next to it...so shoot as much as you fhuqking want". He shook my hand and thanked me. I told him "if there's ANY broken fhuqking windows or weird schit,your ass gets beat first and then I'll sort out the details and beat everyone else involved" and he reassured me that wouldn't be the case. I believe him.(grin)

He done good.

[Linked Image]

Ain't it a fhuqking HOOT,that a kid in passing,got more trigger time,more understanding outta an erector's latitude,more understanding outta subtension and farrrr more breaks of the trigger...than you did,by doing your BEST?!? Just sayin'. Laughing!

Then I tossed him the Sig Kilo and he slapped schit at 2500yds+ from the front yard,shaking his head.

To top it off,I set up the Reupold MK4 12-40x 60mm Gen FFP Spotter that arrived in today's Mail and extrapolated how it correlates,with what he saw/subtended ala the FWB 300S's 10x Fixed Fhuqker and the relationship of same in range estimation,Critterly Splendor and hold off's/over's. Hint.

I reckon he'll be mowing the schit outta yards this Summer,to start accumulating same.

You'll be busy trying to quote someone else,as a Secret Squirrel "advantage".

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.....................

Brad,

Here's what a Mk4 Gen2 FFP 12-40x 60m Spotter looks like,so you can say that you've "seen" one. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

View from the driveway.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

At least Imagination and Pretend are Free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..................

'223,

She can ONLY "do" as much as she "can",with what incredibly fhuqking little she "has" to "work" with.

Bless her heart.

Laughing!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not trying to quote someone else, I *did* quote someone else. Unless he was joking, what EHG said is interesting, no? Maybe he'll chime in and elaborate.

On the subject of Nightforce.... other than finger-fücking that one SHV... have you actually ever USED the worthless piles of crap?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
JeffhomO: you know, if you actually did something in life, you wouldn't have to reference everyone else to try and make a point.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Jeff, this may be one of those times where standing firm, which you have every right to do, may be the second best solution. Instead, just count the mils you have from 0 until you run out and post it. I want to see what they piss-n-moan about regarding you and your rifle next.

Brad - You Da Man!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Larry, not gonna repeat myself. Go re-read what I already said but try to comprehend this time. Focus, man! FOCUS!

And you KNOW that's a sweet little zero stop. And it's hurting your feelers just a wee lil' bit. No worries brah- you've still got your Enormous Erector (that nobody GAF about) to wave around! Laffin' here!

Starsky, I know the genesis of the remark, just surprised you guys have gone full-retard with it! Actually, I lied..... I'm not surprised. grin

An obama voter calling someone a retard, that's funny chit.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by starsky
Probably from that time when you told everyone how "tapped out" your "fun fund" was after buying a NF after saving up for 6 months and forgetting to budget for a mounting system. I remember it because it was hilarious that a single scope bankrupted your shooting account and how anxious you were to tell us about it.

Not everyone has a spare $2K ~ $3K...period. They pay their rent/mortgage, lights, water, sewer, car/truck payments, medical, dental, maybe a few goodies for the kids and maybe not, and they still have to pay to eat. If you have a spare $2500.00 good for you. Not everyone does.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My personal take on the SS 6x MQ is that for the price its a decent optic but I cant really give it anymore than that... I've owned 4 of them and have used 2 or 3 others that were not mine... I actually got a 308 rifle a week or so ago from a buddy to shoot and goof around with that has a 6X MQ on it... Haven't touched it but will try and get to it this week...

They do have a generous turret but the 4 I owned and 2 others I've used lacked in either adjustment value, tracking or RTZ... Those three things as well as robustness are what I look for in an optic... Glass is glass and everyone will see it different...

I've seen between a 3-11% error in the turret value... Failure to track consistently... Failure to RTZ or hold zero...

The scope I tried on the Adi once zero'd, would hold the zero just fine as long as you didn't touch a turret... If you dialed anything past 4 mil's and tried to RTZ it would be .2 mil low... Dial past 4 again and RTZ it was again .2 mil lower than before... Re-zero and it would hold zero until you dialed again...

Its a $300 scope +/- and I don't expect much more out of it... It's just not for me...

Just so dumb ole Jeffo don't want to push me in the corner and try and beat me around while I'm on the ropes heres a few pics...

This is the one I havent got around to...
[Linked Image]

Ones I've owned...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by starsky
Probably from that time when you told everyone how "tapped out" your "fun fund" was after buying a NF after saving up for 6 months and forgetting to budget for a mounting system. I remember it because it was hilarious that a single scope bankrupted your shooting account and how anxious you were to tell us about it.

Not everyone has a spare $2K ~ $3K...period. They pay their rent/mortgage, lights, water, sewer, car/truck payments, medical, dental, maybe a few goodies for the kids and maybe not, and they still have to pay to eat. If you have a spare $2500.00 good for you. Not everyone does.

Ok.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JeffZero,

The number of things you "try" to "do" and actually "accomplish",are polar opposites. Congratulations?!?

How could I even get close to a SHV,living in this hemisphere?

[Linked Image]

Let alone the "vaunted" 5.5-22 SUCK...let alone with a 6x42 Reupold Blooded Eye Relief Comparison.

[Linked Image]

Nor a BEAST.

[Linked Image]

Mail was slow today too. Now you can say you've "seen" a Anschutz 54 1717D HB,wearin' an extended Bob 1913 75MOA rail and a 10x MQ. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Beat a PVC sunshade aboard the Reupold 67180(literally) and knitted it a neoprene skirt to boot. Then swung the front door open for a gawk.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Cheer up...I yarded the weight of pull spring outta the 1717,got rid of the creep and got pull weight down to 12-ounces. Will gun it in OEM issued guise,then yard it apart and poke it in a McMillan T-Hole Sillywet for R&D extrapolations.

"Tell" me "more".

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

'223,

Do NOT slight how "real" imagination and Pretend are,to The Do NOTHING Gang.

Hint...................(grin)

Magnumdoosh,

Cite ANYONE,who "knows","does" or "shoots" LESS than you. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

'ky,

JeffZero is at the mercy of her "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...so is simply doing the best she can,with what incredibly little she "has" to work with.

NOONE tries harder...which is why she's ALWAYS The Belle of the Ball...the "lucky" kchunt.

Laughing!...............

EHG,

You are MEAN. Now I feel compelled to tell Brad,that Jesus is "real".

Laughing!

Brad,

Jesus is "real".

Bless your heart.

Laughing!......................

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Starsky.... Once. Once! Ya fück one goat.... grin.

Magnumdood.... erector + windshield gets me in theory to 1700 yards with a 162 Amax. That's a "lot" further than I have any urge to shoot that Kimber. What I care about, the "enchilada" as it were, is tracking, RTZ, and repeatability out to 1000 yards (~ 26 MOA from zero) or so. Since I've got way more erector than 26 MOA on tap I think I'm gonna sleep just fine tonight.

That's mounted flat. If, I wanted more, a sloped rail pushes things out to ~1900 or so. Don't want a rail on my Kimber.

There will be no [bleep] shims added to my bases. Period. That's just goofy.

Now Larry can swoop in and beat that number for the WIN! grin

That's with the Kimber..... I haven't applied the Eye of Sauron to the NXS yet. No reason to other than idle curiosity. Thinking an NXS on a 20M slope might be "enough".

EHG.... thanks for quantifying that. Makes me glad I went NF <g>. I wonder if Larry just can't see that level of error in his shooting due to ineptitude, or if you got statistically unbelievably unlucky, or what. Interesting.

So....... almost afraid to ask, haha, but how did the pile of shît "Nightfarce" SHV's you've tested do?

Love the Tac Wabbit.... next time I'm at the mall I think I'll hit that kiosk and have a little "Flotation Device" sticker made for the SHV.... maybe another that says "This product is known to the State of Alaska to contain Jip-Jappery".... lol....

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm going to try the 3-9 SWFA out on my Montana in 270. Might be the perfect coues deer set up for me.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry, so I see two unmounted NF's, not yours, and one mounted one, it would appear on someone else's rifle, on which you apparently performed the dreaded eye relief comparison test with a Leup 6x42. That's so... rigorous! So... relevant! My hat is off to you and I shalt hold my tongue forevermore-eth.

Or not.

So really...... truth be told here.... your experience with them is, shall we say, VERY limited in size? Perhaps the best way to describe it would be, say, "almost none"....? And is it also fair to say, you have ZERO experience with the 3-10x42 SHV? And finally, would it be accurate to describe you as full of shït?

Headed off to go shoot with my SHV.... you should try it sometime! Laffin' here. Good lord, I'm laffin'.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1941USMC, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 43 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,286
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.