Home
Mounted my first Super Sniper scope this evening on my Kimber 84L. Went from 6lbs 8oz with a VX1 to 7lbs 1oz with the SS 3-9X42 (both weights include a lightweight sling)

There is a little tunneling at 3X but disappears nicely from 4X and higher. The reticle is plenty bold enough to use for hunting and I plan to roll it this year for several hunts. I believe Formidilosus is spot on with his assessment of the glass.

Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Mechanical function is vastly more important than "glass", and those who use their stuff know this.

The 3-9x SS is absolutely on par with a VX2 optically. Have seen several dozen, have had them side by side, have measured them in direct comparison. Most can not tell the difference between the VX3's.

Now I just need to get to the range to get it dialed in. grin
I predict dialing it in will be a revelation. smile

Where'd you get that mule deer in the sage in your avatar?

I would guess he got that deer in Colorado.
I'm going to say south Eastern Oregon on the muley
Public land Colorado.
Originally Posted by Dre
I'm going to say south Eastern Oregon on the muley

That's what I was thinking too. I've seen some like that in northern Nevada where I grew up. Aheider, keep us posted on your SS scope. I am thinking about trying one as well...Looks like you gained about 1/2 pound, but may be worth it in the durability department. I also agree with formid about mechanical function and durability. I've given up on Leupold, as I've had too many fail.
Here is the link to that buck in my avatar, forgot is was 2012.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...lorado_mule_deer_vs_partitio#Post7072905

Great buck aheider
I've been very happy w/ my SWFA SS 3-9x42 on my Kimber 84m. Used it to take my (1st) mule deer last year. It's a good combination.

David
David,

Anything you don't like about it? For the most part I have been a holdover guy which has worked pretty well out to 500 yds. I have used Leupold CDS for a short time but never trusted the repeatability of the turret. Basically decided that if I want to run the turret I have to accept the weight penalty.....
How much does the SS 3-9x42 weigh? I'm going with the LRHS 3-12x42 on my Montana 243AI but that scope weighs 25 oz...
Originally Posted by aheider
David,

Anything you don't like about it? For the most part I have been a holdover guy which has worked pretty well out to 500 yds. I have used Leupold CDS for a short time but never trusted the repeatability of the turret. Basically decided that if I want to run the turret I have to accept the weight penalty.....

I have only the most minor of complaints - nit picks...

1) At first I wished it had more eye relief. The more I've used it, the more I realize the eye relief is more than adequate. It has a large "eyebox" and if you get fwd in the eyebox the eye relief seems minimal.

2) The large ocular prevents me from mounting the scope as far fwd as I would like. Even w/ the front Talley reversed, I would still like the scope fwd about another 1/2". Pretty minor gripe - a rail would fix and I haven't been bothered enough to do anything about it yet.

3) The magnification adjustment is rather stiff and can be difficult to move in cold weather. It has not loosened up much to this point.

The glass is good, the performance in all ways regarding tracking, repeatability, RTZ, etc are perfect. The turrets are very positive and have never moved unintentionally. I zero at 100 yds and when hunting open country crank in a 200yd zero to carry the rifle. The scope is a huge confidence builder - reliably, repeatedly hitting steel gives me a lot of confidence when I'm hunting.

David
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
How much does the SS 3-9x42 weigh? I'm going with the LRHS 3-12x42 on my Montana 243AI but that scope weighs 25 oz...

19oz

David
I have this scope on a savage 30 06. It has been spot on so far in repeatability,and return to zero. The glass is very good and th MQ reticle is really nice for hold overs in a hurry, and wind holds. I'm using mine out to 600yds with very dependable results. Rifle shoots about .8 at 100yds. The reticle on this scope is plenty thick enough to hunt with for those used to a sfp scope.
That's one heck of a buck! I've killed a couple mulies in the sage... it's addictive...

Jordan Smith has that scope on his Kimber 8400 and really talks good about it.

I have come to agree, after much screwing around: if you are gonna dial for real, use a scope built to do that. I ended up going NF SHV on my Kimber just because, I guess, I wasn't ready to take the F1 plunge. The extra weight (it's also about 20 oz) doesn't bug me at all. My first range session with it was an eye opener. I've used a Leupold, Conquest, and Swarovski AV on it and I dialed all of them. The SHV mechanically blows them all up and it was plain as day when zeroing it and shooting a quick tall target test. I suspect the SWFA will do just as good, and cheaper too.

Talley makes 30mm extension rings for Kimbers. I guess that does you no good if it's the ocular hitting the rear ring that's the problem.
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Originally Posted by aheider
David,

I have only the most minor of complaints - nit picks...

1) At first I wished it had more eye relief. The more I've used it, the more I realize the eye relief is more than adequate. It has a large "eyebox" and if you get fwd in the eyebox the eye relief seems minimal.

2) The large ocular prevents me from mounting the scope as far fwd as I would like. Even w/ the front Talley reversed, I would still like the scope fwd about another 1/2". Pretty minor gripe - a rail would fix and I haven't been bothered enough to do anything about it yet.

3) The magnification adjustment is rather stiff and can be difficult to move in cold weather. It has not loosened up much to this point.

The glass is good, the performance in all ways regarding tracking, repeatability, RTZ, etc are perfect. The turrets are very positive and have never moved unintentionally. I zero at 100 yds and when hunting open country crank in a 200yd zero to carry the rifle. The scope is a huge confidence builder - reliably, repeatedly hitting steel gives me a lot of confidence when I'm hunting.

David

Thanks!

The magnification ring on my scope turns nicely and I'm pretty impressed with the eye box. I mounted it in a set of Talleys and on the 84L it appears to be far enough forward and only limited by the location of the magnification adjustment. So far so good. grin
I was going to guess Northern Missouri for that Mule deer in the sage

They're thick over here ya-know
Always willing to travel!

19oz

David

Thank you sir.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

I have come to agree, after much screwing around: if you are gonna dial for real, use a scope built to do that. I ended up going NF SHV on my Kimber just because, I guess, I wasn't ready to take the F1 plunge. The extra weight (it's also about 20 oz) doesn't bug me at all.

Thought you bought an NXS... whistle
I think he bought an NXS for his heavy 7WSM, and an SHV for his Montana, though I might be mistaken.
I thought he said he was too poor to even afford rings after the first one...
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
I think he bought an NXS for his heavy 7WSM, and an SHV for his Montana, though I might be mistaken.

Yeah.. 5-22 NXS on the heavy 7 WSM and a 3-10 SHV on the Kimber.

IN no way do I want to derail this thread, because I'm "pretty sure" the SWFA would be very good on the Kimber.... but I'm really liking the SHV on mine. And it's not THAT much more $$. Just a thunk.
Who makes a rail for the Kimber 84M? Was hoping to pick up a Seekins rail but no go.
SHV's suck ass.

[Linked Image]

Just checked the Mail.

[Linked Image]

Common Theme in these parts,to chop the rail into 2pcs.

6XC rail chop. Mullerworks contour dupe,a leetle shank reduction and 20" to the crown.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

6BR rail chop. Brux dupe at 20".

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Bartlein 6XC Montucky dupe will get the chop this weekend and LW's thrown offa fhuqking cliff.

The 6x MQ is a very BAD Bitch on a Montucky and conjoined with the Sig Kilo LRF,them 43 Mils of erector travel and extra 10 more on the windshield,are impossible to set aside.

Though in fairness,the Nightfarce 3-10x SHV does have a "whopping" 90 MOA on it's erector total and that SFP reticle is "awesome".

Laughing!..................
Who makes a rail for the Kimber 84M? Was hoping to pick up a Seekins rail but no go.

Big Stick beat me to it, but here's a link:

http://www.egwguns.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=252&pg=1

David

NightForce makes a rail as well...

http://www.eurooptic.com/nightforce-stnd-kimber-84-short-action-1913-mil-std-20-moa-a322.aspx

Tried a 6x MQ on the ADI but its failure to track consistently and RTZ forced me to put a REAL scope on it to find it's true potential...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by elkhuntinguide

Tried a 6x MQ on the ADI but its failure to track consistently and RTZ forced me to put a REAL scope on it to find it's true potential...

[Linked Image]

There are so many things wrong with that picture, but at least you tried..
lol
Originally Posted by Nrut
lol

Top it....
Originally Posted by Nrut
lol

Top it....

Can't..
Don't own a hose, let alone have running water..
Will see if I can catch some tuna next time I go to town..
The Montana and the 3-9 SWFA is the combo closest to perfection.

I'm taking my .223 Montana out this evening for hogs. We will see if it is a lucky combo.
Originally Posted by Big Stick
SHV's suck ass.

The 6x MQ is a very BAD Bitch on a Montucky and conjoined with the Sig Kilo LRF,them 43 Mils of erector travel and extra 10 more on the windshield,are impossible to set aside.

Though in fairness,the Nightfarce 3-10x SHV does have a "whopping" 90 MOA on it's erector total and that SFP reticle is "awesome".

I get that you've latched onto erector travel as your thing, to the point that you are adding shims everywhere (yuck) to get every last bit... but that's OCD silliness I won't get sucked into.

Even mounted flat the SHV on my Kimber gets me well past 1500 yards, which is a lot farther than I currently shoot that rifle, or plan to shoot it. Should that "limitation" ever become something holding me back, like "dang it, I'd be hunting out past 1500 yards with this featherweight 7 WSM if ONLY I had more [bleep] erector travel!", then I'll slap a 20 MOA rail on the sumbitch. Yeah, that ain't happening.

Liking the SHV very much; it's a great fit on a Kimber 8400.

I like the MOAR reticle quite a bit and I'm in a comfort zone with an F2 reticle. I concede that there's potential for critique there, though again, F1 isn't without compromises either. And this is a hunting rifle. If I was Joe Tacticool with my observer laying next to me with a mil spotting scope, sniping "movers" with my reticle subtensions at mixed ranges, in funky light, then sure. F1 rules the day. In a hunting scope I have decided that if a shot is long enough that I'm holding over (or dialing, actually), for me that means I'm getting into a very solid position, which takes time, which gives my habit of turning the scope up all the way an eternity of time to happen, which means I'm now on equal footing with an F1 guy except that my reticle is likely proportioned better (finer) for a long range shot anyway.

But I fully concede that maybe I'm wrong about that and in the fullness of time I hope to explore the F1 configuration.

By the way, the SHV does not suck ass. Great glass, great mechanics, great HUNTING scope with the capped turrets. Really digging it.

And EHG's picture is fücking hilarious. wink If it wasn't so buggy down there right now I think I'd join the party and toss my Kimber/SHV in the creek on my land with a couple of the little native cutt's laying on it. Rifles, in water, with fish = the new fence pole pic.
I have one coming and will have another Montana shortly to put it on, so will add my $.02 shortly.

The SWFA 6x was not my thing, but love the 10's. IMHO Nightforce is never the wrong choice.
EHG,

I wonder how much taller the Nightfarce rail is,than the EGW 20MOA 1913? She looks a touch more proud and I'll always take increased ring spacing,when it's an option.

I get .385" measuring the rear rail's height,from the toppa the crown,which rides TDC on the receiver and across the slot flat's top.

It's a perpetual pisser,that NO Manufacturer does this schit right....................

Crow',

An OEM Montucky 223 is a seriously BAD Bitch and doubly so...if'n you score one with the RPM's to stabilize 75A-Max. Some do,some don't,even on the same day side by each one another in like atmosphere. Seen it.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Really didn't take all that long,to shoot that spout out. The rifle REALLY came into it's own with the Reupold setting on a shelf and the 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker connecting the dots. The LW's had to go away too,as I've puked too many of 'em. Actual use,is hard on Riggin'.

[Linked Image]

Even after the 1-8" Bartlein 270 spout install,the rifle stayed "lucky".

[Linked Image]

Seems to be hanging' in there,with some Illuminatti R&D too.

[Linked Image]

I'm thinking' they come "lucky" right outta da' box.................(grin)

Jeff ZERO,

It's always entertainger than fhuqk to get a "critique" by someone who can almost open a cardboard box of boolits by herself...ALMOST. Congratulations?!?

You'll never enter REALITY and will always be mired in your Inherent STUPIDITY,as a default. It's ONLY fhuqking funny because you are doing your BEST,though the only things you "shoot" are your Imagination and it's Pretend. FUNNIEST fhuqking part is,you don' even have a fhuqking CLUE how much erector remains on your POS SHV,mainly because you've never even shot it. Hint. Laughing!

Now it'll only come as a "surprise" to you,that any/all erector travel below zero is 100% useless. Read that again,now one more time. Rather enjoyed the oblivious hilarity of your SFP/FFP "experience" and the sweet "satisfactions" you garner via your "knowledge","experience" and "results". FUNNY schit and I mean fhuqking funny!

Pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,while your one and ONLY fhuqking "move" is to guess WILDLY. I may or may not have heard of the Montucky 7 Whizzum and I may or may not own a Trio. They may or may not wear different glass and they may or may not be equal.

As in Reupold 1" 6x42,Reupold Mk4 M1 10x and 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker...and mebbe even arranged in that order,when talking' right to left,3-deep into the herd. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Now the 6x42 Reupold simply has NO equal for eye-relief and ease of acquisition,but it do have 2/3rds of SHV erector travel. That's Sister's rifle and it's a straight up Booner Buster,so cain't change due to Poignant Posterity. She's killed more MAGNIFICENT Specimens with that rifle alone,than you have with every piece of fhuqking schit you've shot in your whole "life". Hint. Just sayin'.

The Reupold MK4 M1 Mildot ain't horrid,but straight Mildot reticles suck and the straight 10x's trite 30mm erector travel of only 90MOA is more than a touch disappointing. It tracks and repeats well,but fhuqking pales miserably in extrapolation to a "lowly" 6X MQ. Hint.

The 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker is simply a sensation,in that it has it all and then some(understatement). By default,them mechanical attributes grant it to do,what the others simply can NOT. If you shot even a smidge,you'd savvy...but THAT ain't fhuqking happening. Laughing!

10 Mils on the windshield in a static locale,is a fhuqking Game Changer,but at least you "get" to read about it. Laughing! That constant with another 43-ish Mils on the erector,grants opportunity that other systems simply cannot begin to touch. Hint. Now this too,will ONLY come as a "surprise" to you,but the noise,felt recoil and expense is IDENTICAL with a 10yd poke,as it is with a 2000yd poke. What AIN'T identical,is that which can be learned at distances beyond your Retard Range. The only way to get GOOD at shooting in the wind,is by shooting in the wind and as distances increase...so does the influences of same. Yes...I understand you just slapped your pointy forehead in that profound realization. Laughing!

If you shot 1/1000 as "much" as you "think" you "do",you'd be able to open your own palm sized cardboard boxes and have a first fhuqking clue about POA/POI correlations,but THAT ain't fhuqking happening either.

Bless your heart,you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk.

Here lemme fuel your Imagination and Pretend a smidge more.

[Linked Image]

GOOD Talk and I can't wait for you to "tell" me "more".

Laughing!

Wow +P++!......................
The only thing jeff0 dials is a gay chat 1-900 number every Saturday night...

Curious how many rounds his shv and nxs have seen thus far??? I guess enough in his imagination to declare victory.
Originally Posted by hunting1
IMHO Nightforce is never the wrong choice.

Hard to argue with that. But Larry will! grin
Larry, erector travel below zero is useless, agreed.

Not gonna start beer-canning my scope bases to get rid of it, to replace it with equally useless erector travel way out past where I would ever shoot the particular rifle.

Not real interested in arguing stupid OCD shït so I'll let you have the last word.
The erector travel between your ears is useless....
EHG,

I wonder how much taller the Nightfarce rail is,than the EGW 20MOA 1913? She looks a touch more proud and I'll always take increased ring spacing,when it's an option.

I get .385" measuring the rear rail's height,from the toppa the crown,which rides TDC on the receiver and across the slot flat's top.

It's a perpetual pisser,that NO Manufacturer does this schit right....................

Its right at .425" from crown to rail top... I'm running NF .885" rings... Thus far I'm happy with it being as choices are limited... I got a call in to Glen to see if he can offer a better deal and will let you know what's up...
'223,

Cardboard palm sized boxes,are farrrrrrrrr more "complicated" than folks believe.

Laughing!................

Jeff Zero,

You will NOT "start" shooting...fhuqking EVER. Though you've long Imagined and Pretended same.Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my solely citing facts,if only because facts fhuqking matter. It was REALLY "surprising",that you couldn't cite the remaining erector travel available,upon half of the two scopes you "use". Laughing!

A pard peenched my Heavy 270 today and checked a box with a 1360yd CBS poke,in swirlin' winds ala 105 Hornie HPBT at 2525fps. The nearly 3-second TOF only added to the humor and copious erector travel,prolly don't suck. Google it.

If/when you EVER "shoot" the turds you swoon,don't "forget" to lie about them some more. Mebbe dangle a pic of "all" that you've "done". Laughing!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

EHG,

Glen is a gas and be sure to tell him I said "Hey".

A steel low profile 1913 extended rail for Montuckys(84M/L's and 8400's),would be a MOST welcomed proposition. Ring spacing always rates a thunk and lowtitude is never not forgotten.

Would love to see a 50MOA inclination rail,as an opening move..................
I can't cite it because IDGAF what it is, other than knowing there's "lots" still available (at least with the two NF's I own) above what I need to shoot as far as I shoot.. As a pure guess the NXS w/20 MOA boost can lob 162's "a really [bleep] long ways." The SHV mounted flat, "a [bleep] long ways".

That'll do for now. If I ever care exactly how far, I'll rush back and report to you.

I am not obsessed over this number like you are. This is your thing. You are having fun with it. Awesome. You and your big erector.
Reality is,you "know" NOTHING and guess more than a whole fhuqking bunch...mainly because it's the ONLY move you've got. Congratulations?!?

I enjoy that now you are talking about 20MOA of inclination,but abhorred same the Post prior. You poor por(literally) STUPID fhuqk. Laughing!

Less an erector that repeats and is of copious travel,a rifle ain't much more than a feesh whacking club. Only in Jeff Zero Land are all wares "equal"...but it weren't but a few days ago,that your "copious" "knowledge","experience" and "results" had your STUPIDITY fhuqking convinced,that a steaming piece of fhuqking schit Conquest was "great". Days prior,the 162 wasn't worth a fhuqk...but after 10yrs of trying,you finally got the cardboard box open and thangs changed. Laughing!

The ONLY thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination. The only thing you could "report",is an oblivious Treatise on how fhuqking HILARIOUS Stupidity is and your notion of haste,sure as fhuqk ain't. Here's a pic,so you know what the Outdoors actually looks like.

[Linked Image]

1500yds and small change,through a 6X MQ ala 1-8" Bartlein 18.5" 270 and 105 Hornie BTHP's at 2525fps.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A 6x MQ mounted "flat",coughs up more than a SHV Nightfarce even thinks about having. Hint. Then there's the windshield,which in and of itself,will only reach the 1325yd line from a 250yd zero. It's sub 25 Mils(24.8) to the 2000yd line,from the same zero. Google it all,if only because you have to. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Even with 27MOA of inclination,a 10x MD Fixed Fhuqker only grants 96MOA on the erector,aboard my Feinwerkbau 300S. The most recent Lot of JSB Exact's choogle at 675FPS with ES/SD at under 2fps(Maccari Arctic springed blueprint/tune). Shot some good come-ups on it yesterday,to nail down this Lot's(45450016 @ 4.52mm) particulars. meanin' they's a fresh lot from this year,offa die #4.

They's hard on steaks. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Was tuning The Blue Sillywet yesterday too,with a Lot samplin' and the best batch garnered 1260fps,which ain't horrid in a Self-Shucker. A 50yd zero with same,only coughs up 87MOA,so it surely ain't no Long Range prize...but will keep the Riff-Raff at bay. Despite the wind,it were impossible to miss the small end of the Whirly Gig Roundy-Round at the 100yd line.

This gawddamned fhuqking Mail is lingerin',as I'm chompin' at the bit to set a shiny new 10x MQ on a Bob extended 1913 75MOA rail aboard the 1717D HB and hope to crowd the 1000yd line with it,on smooth talkin' Little White Baby Jeezus weather days. It'd be fhuqking funny,if the "lowly" 18" .720" LW S/S Hummer spout on the 77/22 and GAP McMillan,trounces it! While the RB fire control system is skookum,it sure as fhuqk ain't no Annie. Google it.

I should prolly upload some pics.

GOOD talk,I always getta kick outta your grabbing slack on the rope and "telling" folks stuff!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

(Addendum: as this 'puter upgrade is fhuqking up my MOJO Flow)

[Linked Image]
I can't cite it because IDGAF what it is, other than knowing there's "lots" still available (at least with the two NF's I own) above what I need to shoot as far as I shoot.. As a pure guess the NXS w/20 MOA boost can lob 162's "a really [bleep] long ways." The SHV mounted flat, "a [bleep] long ways".

That'll do for now. If I ever care exactly how far, I'll rush back and report to you.

I am not obsessed over this number like you are. This is your thing. You are having fun with it. Awesome. You and your big erector.

I'm not sure how big the gas tank is in my car, but it'll go a "long" ways. It just sits in my garage, so it doesn't really matter. It is comical that your brain doesn't have the capacity to even be curious.

The first thing I did recently after zeroing a new scope was check how much erector I had left...might be too difficult for you though, because you have to turn a dial. How do you unzip your fly to take a piss? Good lord!
Talley also makes a 20MOA rail for the 84M.
Larry, I've got no problem with an inclined mount and would be happy to have one on the Kimber as well if there was one for it I liked. Why not? There's no downside. That's different than getting all geeked over it and shimming everything (yuck) to get a few more utterly meaningless "whatevers" of inclination.

Let me clarify. Meaningless to ME. Clearly, it's meaningful to you. Have at it. It does allow you to wave a number around and we know how much you enjoy THAT.

As to improving my wares being worthy of contempt... really? You of all people really want to go there? smile Because friend Larry, it would take about 5 minutes to dig up posts where you are trumpeting for the world how great the Leup 6x42 and, going back further, 3.5-10 are... how great the M1 turret is.... you really want to go there?

I like that you are so OCD about this stuff. I freely admit, I learn things. Thank you, and don't stop pushing it forward. But shimming bases to get every.....single....rifle...... out to some silly distance that has no useful purpose is a YOU thing. I mean we should've all seen it coming because it fits the profile perfectly, but sheesh man.... it ain't nearly as impressive as you seem to think it is.

By the way I think you accused me of not shooting the SHV a couple posts back. That's funny..... and badly mistaken.... the only thing I haven't done with it is find a "Flotation Device" sticker that fits it...... but I've tried........ and still am looking.... grin
'223,

"OCD" to Jeff Zero is blasse' to the rest of the World.

Bless her heart.....................

'98,

I've not shot the Talley rail. Pics? Thoughts in comparison,to other wares cited within the discussion?

Obliged................

Jeff Zero,you've a problem with Reality and Truth,though your Handicapped Parking Permit is in fact founded. Congratulations?!?

Now it will come as a "surprise" ONLY to you,that the whole point of mounting glass with turrets and a subtension reticle,is to get it on the far side of it's zero range. Hint. Those "whatevers" all matter,despite your being devoid a first fhuqking clue about ANYTHING,other than the sweet "satisfactions" of Retardation. Re-hint.

PLEASE "go" wherever your Imagination,Pretend and STUPIDITY transport you...it's never not funnier than fhuqk,to grant you slack on the fhuqking rope so you can "do" your BEST. Hint. Now I get it,that you are easily amongst THE Dumbest of fhuqks,but if it takes you "5 minutes" to view the pics I plainly Posted on this very Thread,of the wares only you query,then you've the WELL founded right to slap a 2nd Blue Parking Permit Sticker on your Bitch Mobile. Laughing!

In fairness,M1's still have no Reupold equal. Hint. Now being Great ain't easy,but it's worth the effort and you are "lucky" enough to get to read about it and view the splendid pixels and STILL botch the obvious! Very gawddamned fhuqking few could reliably fumble as often as you and it's funnier than fhuqk that you brandish Retardation as a Badge of "Honor". Laughing!

I've "only" had 100+ Reupold scopes,so if it puts your pointy head at ease,be sure to tell yourself that they's "new" to me and be sure to "tell" me more about 'em. While my Crystal Ball is easily uncanny in it's relative abilities,not even I can gun wares until they EXIST. Hint. Read that again...now one more time. Google it. Laughing!

To be fair,I don't quite have 50 Fixed Fhuqkers,but word through The Grapevine is,that it's rather close. That'd be a gross understatement,because sandbagging cracks me the fhuqk up. Hint. So you'll haveta' yet again forgive my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,while you GOTTA guess about the very wares in your tremblin' mitts. Re-Hint.

Now there are numerous ways to arrange inclination,so as to reap an erector's goody and that all are beyond your "means","abilities" and "comprehension",will ONLY come as a "surprise" to you. Hint. I've sent enough 100's of thousands of rounds downrange,to get a feel for what do what and more importantly why. As new wares are unveiled,I'm rather at ease in procuring to see WTF,mainly because I never learned how to wonder. Re-Hint. Only them riding in the short bus of "Life" and licking them windows,could begin to "think" that all wares are "equal". I'm rather at ease in the discussion of water that's flowed under the bridge and have it on good authority,that I'm happy to give everything a fair shake and call it what it is. Results have never not interested me. Re-Re-Hint.

It is fascinating to me,that now numbers are "meaningless",if only to thinly veil your INCREDIBLE Ineptitude. HOW in the fhuqk does one NOT know what's remaining on an erector...especially one billed to actually be whirled/dialed/spun?!? THAT is a fhuqking impressive display of Dumbfhuqkery! I reckon in your Delusional World,knowing what color one's rig is,just might be "OCD" too?!? Laughing...you poor poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk!!!

So as per your "vast" "experience",just how much of an erector's total travel is "legal" to use? Is it a percentage or more of a feel good measurement declaration? Laughing! Is it "bad form" to mechanically center windage,so as to coax more travel downrange? What does a window taste like? Laughing! Is a tapered rail more "legal" than eccentric shims? Laughing! Your Drooling Dumbfhuqkery never disappoints in it's fhuqking INCREDIBLE Stupidity!!!

Is Marty's double-lugged tapered rail "legal"? How 'bout with M1's? laughing!

[Linked Image]

Or M3's?

[Linked Image]

Is it "legal" to weld a 1pc inclined rail to a receiver(then chop 'er in two) and feed it DD Signatures to boot?

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Is a 20MOA rail that's only affixed with 8-40's and chopped in two "legal"?

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

How'sa'bout a flat rail and 1" glass,with Sillywet turret,is that "legal"?

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Marty Max 50's with riser blocks and a 6x MK4 M3 prolly ain't "legal" either.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Ain't even fhuqking "FAIR"...is it. Laughing!!!!

Mebbe dangle some pics of how "all" of your "knowledge","experience" and "results",have granted you the opportunity to REALLY ring the bell on Critters and the like. I know,I know...it's prolly "mean" to shoot Critters. Laughing!

Boolits matter more than headstamps(even if you can't get the box open).

Bless your heart,you MAGNIFICENTLY Stupid Fhuqk.

Laughing!

Wow +P++!!!.................

'98,

I've not shot the Talley rail. Pics? Thoughts in comparison,to other wares cited within the discussion?

Obliged................

I don't have it any more to take any measurements or I would, but I liked it. I want to say it was the shortest 20MOA rail around, at least 4 years ago when I bought it.

Cons: It doesn't extended past the action if someone was looking for more forward adjustment. And it would need the choparoo to make loading easier.

I've never handled any of the other 84 picatinny options to really compare.

[Linked Image]
Stick, do you know who makes the lowest 20 moa m700 short action rail? I have an egw hd, but wondering if there is a lower option?

I'll be sure to turn it around backwards per jeff0, just to stick with the theme...then argue with everyone why it works better that way...
My nightfarce SHV killed the chit outta stuff last fall and its mounted in talleys. Fwiw.
Super chicken 3-9 worked on an above average whitetail buck last fall, too, to stay on topic. And that was with a chick running the trigger.
Originally Posted by starsky
Super chicken 3-9 worked on an above average whitetail buck last fall, too, to stay on topic. And that was with a chick running the trigger.

Never knew Tanner killed a whitetail...

HA!

grin grin grin
Ouch.... I'll just crawl back in my hole...

Tanner
Originally Posted by Tanner

Tanner

No worries...they just want to be like you if and when they grow up....
[Linked Image]

That right there is funny!
Originally Posted by ingwe

Tanner

No worries...they just want to be like you if and when they grow up....

Who do you wanna be like once you get outta diapers...

Oh damn... At your age the diaper thing is permanent... My bad...
'98,

Appreciate the info/insight.

I've failed too many scopes and weigh ring spacin' likely a touch more than most,due sufferin' same...though ONLY at inopportune moments.(grin)

If/when there's a move,I make it and when there ain't...I be SCHEMIN' and ain't ascared to flog upon same ala R&D................

starsky,

I've never not been happy to grant others the opportunity at the first shot or first cast and am rather at ease in battin' clean-up. Seen/done it 1000's of times and few could begin to comprehend the magnitude.

I've over 100,000rds through 6x Fixed Fhuqkers alone and am more than a touch comfy in how things unfold. Variables have never swooned me and the UNswoon strengthens daily,mainly due to trigger time.

Everyone I know who shoots/hunts hard,has puked LW's and there's more than a few tear jerkin' stories surrounding same. Can't know anyone who's LW-ing ANYTHING currently and most are beating a hasty fhuqking retreat to DD's and the ilk.

Sister has prolly poked a few things in THE Book,with 6x glass.

Just sayin'..................(grin)

EHG,

Slow day today.

This was just the schit floating around in the cab.

[Linked Image]

That fhuqking Heavy 270 oh soooooooo fhuqking ROCKS and the dope is straight up SINISTER! Whatta MindFhuqk. Will mix it up tomorrow,with 270,6BR,6XC,243,243AI,6-284 and Six Twat-Six...if only to the chagrin of all my fhuqking Quarterbores.(grin)

Goin' for 1700yds++ of Beaver Dope Scribe on the portside,to compliment the data inside the ocular's cap.

[Linked Image]

Got the Six Twat-Six to the 1150yd line inside the ocular and that's not shabby for moi.

[Linked Image]

Got's the Blue 10/22 Sillywet awaitin' same,though buttdope is already adhered and only the Ocular is lackin'.

[Linked Image]

Could hear some planes today and it'd be nice to score the 1717D HB tomorrow,so I can get some paint on the bitch and get it barking.

Film at 11:00.

Only seen about a dozen today,which strikes me as odd,because it's generally a far better show than that,this week. Fhuqking Global Warming.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Laughing!........................

Brad,

You still havin' Threaded Muzzle Nightmares,as you flaunt your Imaginary Pretend Ignore...you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk?!? Congratulations?!?

It'd be more than a touch awkward,were you to again "forget",that you "can't read this".

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................
Larry asks,

"HOW in the fhuqk does one NOT know what's remaining on an erector...especially one billed to actually be whirled/dialed/spun?!? "

I reply,

Because IDGAF enough to count it up, check a chart, and vomit up some theoretical max yardage number that has no bearing on how far I actually shoot.

But you do. Awesome. Yay you.

You gonna start writing it on your rifles with a sharpie a la the color-coded tape? I mean it's critical, critical info, apparently, these days.
Stick,

I bought that talley rail from 98 and have not yet mounted it. Will be happy to take any measurements you want. Or i can toss it in the mail to you and you can finger [bleep] it.
JeffhomO: you bought a magnum rifle, coupled with high b.c. bullets, and saddled it with a 22x scope whose only purpose is long range...Then you sit here and stomp your feet trying to convince the world that you are enlightened for not knowing your rifle's ability. Have you even fired it yet?
JeffZero,

Your haste to take sheer and utter STUPIDITY,to places it's never been before,would rate you three FULL pages Starring in the 2017 Guinness Book Of World Records. Congratulations?!?

Selecting a powder charge,is a numerical designation. Selecting/repeating a seating depth,is a numerical designation. Validating velocity,is a numerical designation. Conjoing atmospherics,BC,velocity,scope height and the like to figure a trajectory curve,is a series of numerical designations. Correlating POA/POI at any/all distances,is a numerical designation,whether erector induced or subtended(doubly so when talkin' SFP and stupid fhuqking magnification/zoom range). Be ASSURED,that knowing where you are at on an erector and factoring what remains in it's travel,is ANYTHING but fhuqking "daunting". Hint. Laughing!

How far you "actually" "shoot",is a Delusional figment of your pointy head's Imagination and Pretend. Mainly because the ONLY thing you "shoot",is your fhuqking mouth. Them cardboard boxes are "tricky" and certainly don't open themselves! Hint. Read that again...now one more time,then Google it. Laughing!

Dangle a pic of how YOU factor/apply POA/POI(Point Of Aim/ Point Of Impact) correlations,with the steaming piece of fhuqking schit Turds you polish. Was waiting for you to go for the jugular and unleash a cascade of your Splendid Beastie pics,that you've put on the deck with your JeffZero Fantasy Playbook and am REALLY "surprised" that ain't happened. Laughing!

As per always,someone who "knows" as "much" as you,is always gonna be best served by asking questions,instead of giving "answers". That poignant profundity is a right proper fhuqking Dichotomy and funnier than fhuqk to boot,so you do "connect" alotta dots obliviously. Laughing! With you,there is but one CONSTANT and that is when it's all said and done,there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said...than done. You "lucky" kchunt! Hint. Re-Laughing!

One thing is for certain about a schit SFP reticled SHV and it's paltry erector travel...is that the more you don't use it,the "better" it is and you've got that going on in spades!

Bless your heart.

'61,

If you think about it,throw a micrometer on the bitch's ass,just to add a more numerical designations to THE Resident Retard's chagrin.(grin)

The astute can always appreciate the sanctity of facts and their measurements,when extrapolating a route of travel and factoring potential in advance. I assume it to be a 1913 interface and corroborating that,wouldn't hurt either.

Obliged.

After yesterday's jaunt,a pard is talkin' purty serious about building a Kimber 82 Gubment Thrasher Fightin' Rifle. Toss some strongside ergo's on the handle,go 1913 with Horn's wearin' 40MOA,skin the X's to 6x MQ so as to reap even more erector travel,shoot the whole enchilada with Bed Liner and bob the barrel to 17". It'd be a purty low layin' SLEEPER.

He's got a coupla Annie 54 Repeaters already,but most folks have an inner defense mechanism,that prohibits absolutely rallying upon such Splendor and the SLEEPER Approach is geared expressly towards that intent. 'Course,I prolly haveta follow suit.(grin)

When I chopped the choke offa my 54,things only got fhuqking better and that with a VLD Deburring Tool Crown! The velocity "loss" was nothing and balance/handling improvements offa the fhuqking chart. Win/win.

Purists fhuqking HATE results.(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Never been tough to cypher who shoots...and who don't...................

'223,

She's feverishly tryin' to "justify" how INCREDIBLE Fhuqking STUPIDITY,is a Secret Squirrel "advantage".

She's doing GREAT! Now if she can only save up enough for the mounts.

BS, you're just still bitter about my Tactical Wabbit...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Brad

BS, you're just still bitter about my Tactical Wabbit...

[Linked Image]
laugh laugh laugh
Stick the 82 isn't a bad way to go. Prices are more than reasonable for the performance. Mine can't quite hang with the 54's but then again few can. Bobs 54 rails will work but one needs to remove some material from the underside to accommodate the kimber receiver..

[Linked Image]

82 and TAC at 300 yards[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Stick, do you know who makes the lowest 20 moa m700 short action rail? I have an egw hd, but wondering if there is a lower option?

I'll be sure to turn it around backwards per jeff0, just to stick with the theme...then argue with everyone why it works better that way...

The Weaver is .430 at the rear, it is definitely lower than the EGW.
^ thanks!
Stick ,

The Talley 84m 20MOA picatinney rail is a 1913 interface and is .3850 tall in the center and .4735 tall overall at the ass end. .3630 tall in the center and .4530 tall overall at the front end. She is 5 1/2 inches long overall. Going to put her on the .223 with Horn rings and SS 6x FF.
Brad,

Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery and besides being a CLUELESS Fhuqk,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...what were the "odds"? Congratulations?!?

Don't "forget",that you "can't read this" either,due your Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Here's to the HILARITY,of you doing the BEST you can "do",with what incredibly fhuqking little you have to work with.

Bless your heart.

elkchunternm,

You heel-nipping CLUELESS Lap Dog,you suck a mean ass. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

'fiable,

Got JARD on the horn this morning,musing their 17WSM Krunchenticker's particulars and it be appealing. I can smell a couple few pards throwing in and getting a herd coming.

20's outta the 17 WSM,just flat fhuqking HURT schit!

Whatta hoot...................

RDW,

Appreciate the intel.

Obliged.................

'61,

Appreciate that info too.

Spill your guts on the ergo's of said mounting system,with said glass...with the OEM comb's height. Remember that max ring spacing,is your friend.

NEARLY punched a Tag today,but hate to make concessions,though I was taunted.

[Linked Image]

Won't be but a coupla more days and then the Bears won't be able to keep pace,but they's in tall cotton until then. Watched this go down in the Zeiss Spotter at a trite 460yds,with a 270 in my mitts.

He'd of only dried 20-1/4"....................

BS, you can't keep track of your own diatribes, there have been so many. Kinda sad how you've slipped really. I've never had anyone on ignore.

I'm still of the opinion you're bitter about my Tactical Wabbit. I put it up over 12 years ago, I know you remember. That you think it's imitation is even more a window into your psyche... and makes it all the more funny grin

[Linked Image]
Brad,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you MUST,if only to try and "convince" yourself of that which you most need to hear. Congratulations?!?

Well of course you hang upon my every word and gawk my every pixel,despite your Lying Piece Of Schit Decree(s). Ummmmm...that mighta just been but one of several fhuqking points. Hint. Laughing!

This was closer to 15yrs ago and Imitation is of course,the most Sincere form of Flattery. Doubly so,when the Delusional try to "convince" themself otherwise,you "hard charger" you. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

The only thing you've done in the firsthand,is to tote fhuqking STUPIDITY to places it's never been before and Lie like the Fhuqking Piece Of Schit you are...not that you had/have ANY other "moves". I'm always torn on what is gonna be fhuqking funnier,your High Pitched Nasal Whine or the Estrogen Fueled Excuses,as you wax eloquent ala Vagina Monologue. Decisions,decisions,yet win/win you "lucky" kchunt.

VERY good call,to refrain all things The Rifle...I "wonder" why that is?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............
BS, I've got a reading recommendation for you... you'll find much about yourself in its pages. Although in Edition 5 Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) was taken out, so maybe you should find DSM-3!

Yes that's a hint grin

[Linked Image]
Brad,

I'm more than a whole bunch Great at more than a few things and though bein' Great ain't easy...it's worth the effort. Hint. It's nice to be afforded the luxury of not being forced to fhuqking guess and do not begin to diminish the absolute HILARITY of your gross ineptitude and fhuqking Cluelessness,you "lucky" kchunt. Re-Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least you get the sweet "satisfaction" of clinging to my every word and gawking my every pic,as you plagiarize and pilfer,you Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!

Had another gawddamned fhuqking scope puke(more broken Self Shucker crosshairs) and am slummin' a Reupold 3-9x M1 ele replacement,mainly because it is fhuqking funny. Now you can say you've "seen" one of these too.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery...do not forget to rock an elipsis.

Oooopsie!...too fhuqking late,you poor poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk. Be sure to "tell" me more.

Laughing!

Wow +P++!!!..............
BS, there you go again with "imitation"... you're not being imitated, you're being MOCKED.

Of course you're entirely too narcissistic to understand that Tactical Wabbit is a indeed a mockery of your self-important, delusional personality.

That you don't understand you're being mocked makes the whole thing even funnier and simultaneously sadder. Picking on you is like picking on a child... and that, of course, really does take the fun out of it, because I'm not a mean person. Really, what adult would pick on a child.

Carry on my "man"...
LAPM ...... grin
Made a sweet little zero stop for my SHV today.

[Linked Image]

The (plastic) ring is a light press fit onto the turret body so it cannot turn (and thus obscure the reference line) and the little window in it is simply so the reference line on the body is still visible. It now goes to one click below zero and then stops on a dime. Got a little lucky there as I nailed that on the first try.

Not sure where the notion came from that I can't afford mounts. Both my NF scopes are mounted.

Then again.... this thread ain't about "thruthiness", is it? grin

Really great optic that in the several tracking tests I've shot with it so far, is mechanically superb. Not saying a thing bad or good about the SWFA; but this is a [bleep] great scope. Did some low light testing too and it's comparable to my Conquests- IE, very good.

Got my kid graduated this weekend, booted my parents the hell out of my house <g>, informed my wife I'm taking a break from house-building, and it's gonna be nice and cool this next week. Lots of shooting to ensue. Psyched. The last month has been nuts.

Y'all play nice now.....................
Probably from that time when you told everyone how "tapped out" your "fun fund" was after buying a NF after saving up for 6 months and forgetting to budget for a mounting system. I remember it because it was hilarious that a single scope bankrupted your shooting account and how anxious you were to tell us about it.

Back on topic, I received my SWFA 3-9, great scope! Waiting on the rifle but will mount in on a 84 M with Nightforce rings and 2-piece bases. Everyone who mentioned on 3 a little tunneling is correct, but on 4 it goes away. I foresee buying more of these for my AR's.
Brad,

I'm laughing my ass off...that your being a Clueless Kchunt and a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,is a Secret Squirrel "ploy" to "mock" me. I'm fhuqking cryin',I'm laughing soooooooo fhuqking hard. Sweetheart,the ONLY person you mock is yourself and that by simply doing your BEST,with what incredibly fhuqking little you have to work with. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I reckon I'm plum fhuqking flattered,that you've been consumed with me for 12yrs+,you "lucky" kchunt. You be sure to "explain" with all 13 of your IQ Points,your AMAZINGLY long list of incredibly WELL founded insecurities,in whichever manner the Delusion most salves your Reality and does your Bunny the most favors. Laughing!

You reserve the right to find me "mistaken",but even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,KNOWS better than to even try. I "wonder" why that is?!? Not that your perpetual Vagina Monologues and pathetic attempts at Imitation,ain't funnier than fhuqk,if only obliviously(to you).

Bless your heart.

Laughing!......................

SuperKchunt,

You suck a mean ass. Congratulations?!?

Now exactly what were the "odds" with the Twatly Trifecta ticklin' the ivories in succesion and being the ONLY folks on the Thread who've never even SEEN said glass...let alone "used" it?!? You "hard chargers" really "get after it"! Laughing!

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute". You "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

Now if only to add perspective and touch upon a theme,which will ALL sale over The Twatly Trifecta's heads. Feel free to swipe pics as you must and do,if only to add to "your" album. Laughing!

The ruint reticle were punted and a Reupold 3-9x wearin' M1 ele,stabbed into place. Good time to Google that. Laughing!

With Auto Match 40's at 1225fps and a 50yd zero,it coughed up a "whopping" 14 MOA remaining on the erector. It is a shame,that your "knowledge","experience" and "results",precludes you from savvying such hilarity. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I yarded a Mk4 M3 3.5-10x offa an Old Reliable platform,to give said glass to a pard who thinks he loves 'em and because I KNOW that I don't. You'll haveta pardon such poignant profundity,escaping your "faculties". Laughing! That's doubly funny,because you've never seen one of them either,you poor poor(literally) STUPID fhuqk. Re-laughing!

Now you can say you've seen a 7-08 BLR with 162 A-Max,wearin a 20MOA EGW rail chopped in half,with said glass(though it now too wears a 6x Fixed Fhuqker). Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Anywhoo...it's a win/win tossin' the MK4 M3 variable. So on goes a fhuqking Bushie AR/223 3-9x SFP BDC see-through bitch. Google it,as you must.

FUNNY part is,even with the chickenschit BDC subtension attempt,it blows the poor Reupold 3-9x M1 ele outta da fhuqking water. Turns out,that when you set that SFP reticle to 6x,that it tosses 3.5 MOA,8MOA,11MOA,19MOA and 27MOA anchor points,which effectively DOUBLES the Reupold's efforts,less touching a gawddamned fhuqking thing,other than the trigger. You KNOW,you gotta Google that. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

It is ASSUREDLY no fhuqking Illuminatti,but nothin' else is either. Google that. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

You heel-nippin',coat tail ridin',bench settin' CLUELESS Fhuqk.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.....................

JeffZero,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise" that you,THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks,who could "care less" about erectors,their travel and numerical designators...now wishes to "talk" zero-stops. Is there NO end to your Incredible Fhuqking STUPIDITY? Congratulations?!?

Frost the cake,by citing once again,how much erector travel your Float Coat "rewards" you with. Laughing!

Do tell about your Tracking "Tests" and the extry acumen,that crossed-eyes add to the "critique" and extrapolate "all"of your "knowledge","experience" and "results" in this Defining Moment. Laughing! Knock it outta da' Park,by referencing the particulars of the platforms used in said "evaluation". Dare ya'! Laughing!

Who opened the boxes of bullets,you "used" in this "definitive" series of arduous "tests"?!? Laughing! What sorta round "count" was used,in this exhaustive "research"? Re-Laughing!

Pretty EXCITING stuff,for you to have TWO whole scopes mounted!!! Mebbe dangle some pics,if only to add more humor,even more obliviously. Laughing!

The ONLY thing you could offer in a scope "critique",is what the fhuqking glass tasted like.

Bless your heart.

laughing!

WOW +P+++!!!!.......................

starsky,

Facts only confuse her and that is mean.

Larry, not gonna repeat myself. Go re-read what I already said but try to comprehend this time. Focus, man! FOCUS!

And you KNOW that's a sweet little zero stop. And it's hurting your feelers just a wee lil' bit. No worries brah- you've still got your Enormous Erector (that nobody GAF about) to wave around! Laffin' here!

Starsky, I know the genesis of the remark, just surprised you guys have gone full-retard with it! Actually, I lied..... I'm not surprised. grin
Just a few mental notes.

The 6X42 is mechanically superior with a friendly eyebox for half the money.

3-9X42 mag troubles in cold weather is caused more from the rear scope ring being to far back. It puts a slight crimp on internals. Been there....done that!

Brad,

I danged near spit my coffee reading your last post. There is no doubt you are very knowledgeable and use what works. Stick on the other hand uses every single aspect of everything when he could skip around a lot and cut right to the chase. And by the way! When he pens down your a fn liar that's code for your getting under my skin big-time. Count yourself blessed as I've not seen the terminology applied to other members grin Everybody knows tactical wabbits is more effective than GFY logos

Stick,

I am glad your around and though you might be OCD your the first I'd ask for answers because you have most of em and you do lead to water. I've used a bunch of what you recommend and it's appreciated. Please take it easy......or not.....on us that like to lick windows grin

Shod
JeffZero,

What you say and what you "do" are polar opposites. Hint. Congratulations?!?

A zero-stop has never made a fhuqk to me,mainly because I always KNOW where I'm at on an erector's travel and what remains,to correlate POA/POI beyond a platform's zero. I toss alotta stops in,to help Newbs and to keep 'em from getting fhuqked up,after incorporating huge erector dumps,to blow their own minds. Hint.

I shoot more than a whole fhuqking bunch and couldn't begin to count how many times folks that don't,are "a turn off" or better and they very usually get "X fhuqked" too,by taking Hubble Bait. Easy to see it all coming,well in advance and from 1000's of miles away. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Shodd,

Brad's a fhuqking lying piece of schit,mainly because she's a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. No more and no less...though it is purty fhuqking funny!

Being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,is prolly more than just a touch handy.(grin) It's never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't and I getta kick outta The Do Nothin Gang's BEST efforts,to reliably schlep STUPIDITY,to places it's never been before obliviously.

The 6x MQ connects all dots,with no bullschit. It has the mechanics to transmit alotta light,the mechanical aptitude to take some simply fhuqking incredible abuse,it's erector travel is both dead nuts on the fhuqking money and literally huge in it's scope. Pun be intended. Along with them constants,it grants a reticle that is amazingly easy to hold hard and subtend concisely,with more than a buncha opportunity staring one right in the fhuqking face. 10 Mils of latitude,is more than a whole fhuqking bunch friendly,as ele hold off's go. Hint.

Conjoin same with a good boolit,at a good speed,in a parcel that's FUN to fhuqking shoot and THE Greenest Turnip freshly fallen offa the fhuqking truck,can do things with the 1st poke,that would simply befuddle The Do Nothing Gang's collective efforts and "experience". Facts founded in Physics,just might be handy. Hint.

I get it,that these AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqks can only do their "best",which is the ONLY reason,the schit is soooooooooo fhuqking funny. Oblivious Humor Points are copiously awarded,to the Delusions cast about and not one of 'em is anywhere fhuqking close to a FIRST fhuqking clue. It is a most "impressive" display of Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery,under the auspice of Secret Squirrel "plans". Laughing!

It ain't very fhuqking hard to toss a dozen or better Skookum Rifles into the crummy,laden with differing types of glass,twist rates and boolits,then simply R&D 'em side by each and let absolutes unfold less any bias. I'm NEVER not looking for a better way and am happy to procure to see WTF,rather than set by and wonder.

Spent primers remain THE Supreme Tutorial and it cracks me the fhuqk up,just how many make excuses to preclude that actuality. But then again...them cardboard boxes ARE fairly "tricky" to open.(grin) It will come as a "surprise" to only (1) person in this World,that erector travel remaining after zero,is THE key to the whole enchilada and less KNOWING that,all is moot. Easy for me to say,if only because I got it all. Hint.

Prolly rude of me,not to do the MK4 M3 3.5-10x Self Shucker Dangle. My bad. The poignant profundity of the pixels,is lost upon all,save the astute. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

Larry, in the spirit of polite conversation, one side benefit of your beer-canning your bases is that it would, I'd think, render a zero stop moot since you'd have less than a turn below your zero point.

I'm still not shimming bases. And my zero stop works great.

Took the Kimber/SHV and a few other rifles up to the hills today. Had to check 100-yd zero on the Lite (which has a NXS) since I'd added an anti-cant top ring. While there I did some more tracking tests on the SHV. It rocks. Plain and simple.

OP: sorry for the diversion and please report back how that SWFA treats you.
Larry, here's what DSM-3 looks like so you can read up on NPD (narcissistic personality disorder):

[Linked Image]
In the spirit of impolite conversation, the quote below is total bullshït.

Big Stick says: " It will come as a "surprise" to only (1) person in this World,that erector travel remaining after zero,is THE key to the whole enchilada and less KNOWING that,all is moot. "

Given "plenty" of erector travel (which the SHV has) tracking, repeatability, and RTZ are the key to the whole enchilada. And knowing exactly how much you have, is only important insofar as you should know if you've got all you need to do what you want, plus a nice buffer.

Now apparently what YOU want is to shoot your main CF rifles out to a mile or so. If that's what a person wants, then your approach has validity. Otherwise it's silly to obsess over this. Sillier still to introduce another point of surface-interface with a shim or even worse, multiple shims.

You say I don't know how much I have left. I actually do know. I have enough to get me ~ 500 yards further than I have any desire to (seriously) shoot that particular rifle..... That'll do, pig. That'll do.

[Linked Image]

Y'know......... it bears mentioning that the one dude who had the 'nads to post some Tall Target Tests, and they were impressive ones, has this to say about the 6x MQ.

I think maybe EHG might have a glimmer of a clue about this stuff. Maybe.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'....... wink
EHG just needs a Tactical Wabbit sticker on that Adirondack to make a perfect picture grin
JeffhomO: You're seriously too lazy to turn your turret until it stops? I knew liberals were lazy with no work ethic, but even a zilch such as yourself should be able to turn a dial while sitting on the couch.
JeffZero,

Putting sprinkles on STUPID,do not change the crux...no matter how badly you WISH it to be so. Congratulations?!?

Inclination that is static,has no equal and is easily arranged in numerous ways and I've all the T-shirts. Hint. Having a full erector's travel,on the otherside of zero,is anything but a "concession" and pays only dividends. Re-hint.

Do tell,what HASN'T "worked great" for you?!? You couldn't knock the "new" offa used pair of boots and the ONLY fhuqking thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination. Your exceedingly LOW "standards" are fhuqking EPIC in their hilarity and your "best",sure the fhuqk ain't anywhere near the mark. Cardboard boxes are "tricky" and you can't even get a 50/50 Vote right,you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk. Hint.

The Conquest "rocked" too and you never even came within 10% of it's paltry potential,let alone killed anything worth a fhuqk. The one thing for CERTAIN about you is,that when it's all said and done,there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said...than done. LAUGHING!

Neighbor kid came by,looking for The Dude and he said "I hear you like guns",to which I replied "not all of 'em". Then he started quizzing me and I could tell he'd shot more than a smidge(you haven't),so I asked him "on a scale of 1-10...how good are you?!?",to which he replied "seven!" and I said "now PROVE it". So I went to my crummy,grabbed Giotto's legs and a Manfrotto ballhead wearing an RC2 plated Gas Passer and tossed it at him and said "adjust it to fit your best standing position" and showed him how. Then I grabbed the Feinwerkbau 300S,a fresh tin of 8.4gr Exacts and handed it to him,so he could manipulate ergo's on the stance,ballhead tension and mechanics of the 'arm. After he felt comfy in the arrangement,I grabbed the Roundy-Round Whirly Gig outta da' back of the crummy and set it at 30yds. I told him "if you shoot the bigger target on the bottom,we are DONE" and then proceeded to show him how to get a JSB Exact into battery,less compromising a skirt's integrity. He broke the first shot on the money and I told him "you'er the first fhuqker to grease that trigger(2-ounces)",then slapped him on the back and let him have his way. After 10 hits in a row(to build confidence in the swirling winds),I repainted the small end with Tree Marking Paint(RUDD) and stole away the Giotto's and said "ANY fhuqking Retard can drive tacks with a FWB 300S on a rest...so now shoot from your hindlegs". To his credit,he never even fhuqking blinked. While his elbows were shy of anatomical brick stacking,he was locked in purty good and couldn't miss. I told him "you passed the Test,I'll leave this rifle where you can always get at it and there will be at least 1000 pellets next to it...so shoot as much as you fhuqking want". He shook my hand and thanked me. I told him "if there's ANY broken fhuqking windows or weird schit,your ass gets beat first and then I'll sort out the details and beat everyone else involved" and he reassured me that wouldn't be the case. I believe him.(grin)

He done good.

[Linked Image]

Ain't it a fhuqking HOOT,that a kid in passing,got more trigger time,more understanding outta an erector's latitude,more understanding outta subtension and farrrr more breaks of the trigger...than you did,by doing your BEST?!? Just sayin'. Laughing!

Then I tossed him the Sig Kilo and he slapped schit at 2500yds+ from the front yard,shaking his head.

To top it off,I set up the Reupold MK4 12-40x 60mm Gen FFP Spotter that arrived in today's Mail and extrapolated how it correlates,with what he saw/subtended ala the FWB 300S's 10x Fixed Fhuqker and the relationship of same in range estimation,Critterly Splendor and hold off's/over's. Hint.

I reckon he'll be mowing the schit outta yards this Summer,to start accumulating same.

You'll be busy trying to quote someone else,as a Secret Squirrel "advantage".

Bless your heart.

Brad,

Here's what a Mk4 Gen2 FFP 12-40x 60m Spotter looks like,so you can say that you've "seen" one. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

View from the driveway.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

At least Imagination and Pretend are Free,so you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

'223,

She can ONLY "do" as much as she "can",with what incredibly fhuqking little she "has" to "work" with.

Bless her heart.

I'm not trying to quote someone else, I *did* quote someone else. Unless he was joking, what EHG said is interesting, no? Maybe he'll chime in and elaborate.

On the subject of Nightforce.... other than finger-fücking that one SHV... have you actually ever USED the worthless piles of crap?
JeffhomO: you know, if you actually did something in life, you wouldn't have to reference everyone else to try and make a point.
Jeff, this may be one of those times where standing firm, which you have every right to do, may be the second best solution. Instead, just count the mils you have from 0 until you run out and post it. I want to see what they piss-n-moan about regarding you and your rifle next.

Brad - You Da Man!
Larry, not gonna repeat myself. Go re-read what I already said but try to comprehend this time. Focus, man! FOCUS!

And you KNOW that's a sweet little zero stop. And it's hurting your feelers just a wee lil' bit. No worries brah- you've still got your Enormous Erector (that nobody GAF about) to wave around! Laffin' here!

Starsky, I know the genesis of the remark, just surprised you guys have gone full-retard with it! Actually, I lied..... I'm not surprised. grin

An obama voter calling someone a retard, that's funny chit.
Probably from that time when you told everyone how "tapped out" your "fun fund" was after buying a NF after saving up for 6 months and forgetting to budget for a mounting system. I remember it because it was hilarious that a single scope bankrupted your shooting account and how anxious you were to tell us about it.

Not everyone has a spare $2K ~ $3K...period. They pay their rent/mortgage, lights, water, sewer, car/truck payments, medical, dental, maybe a few goodies for the kids and maybe not, and they still have to pay to eat. If you have a spare $2500.00 good for you. Not everyone does.
My personal take on the SS 6x MQ is that for the price its a decent optic but I cant really give it anymore than that... I've owned 4 of them and have used 2 or 3 others that were not mine... I actually got a 308 rifle a week or so ago from a buddy to shoot and goof around with that has a 6X MQ on it... Haven't touched it but will try and get to it this week...

They do have a generous turret but the 4 I owned and 2 others I've used lacked in either adjustment value, tracking or RTZ... Those three things as well as robustness are what I look for in an optic... Glass is glass and everyone will see it different...

I've seen between a 3-11% error in the turret value... Failure to track consistently... Failure to RTZ or hold zero...

The scope I tried on the Adi once zero'd, would hold the zero just fine as long as you didn't touch a turret... If you dialed anything past 4 mil's and tried to RTZ it would be .2 mil low... Dial past 4 again and RTZ it was again .2 mil lower than before... Re-zero and it would hold zero until you dialed again...

Its a $300 scope +/- and I don't expect much more out of it... It's just not for me...

Just so dumb ole Jeffo don't want to push me in the corner and try and beat me around while I'm on the ropes heres a few pics...

This is the one I havent got around to...
[Linked Image]

Ones I've owned...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Not everyone has a spare $2K ~ $3K...period. They pay their rent/mortgage, lights, water, sewer, car/truck payments, medical, dental, maybe a few goodies for the kids and maybe not, and they still have to pay to eat. If you have a spare $2500.00 good for you. Not everyone does.

Ok.
JeffZero,

The number of things you "try" to "do" and actually "accomplish",are polar opposites. Congratulations?!?

How could I even get close to a SHV,living in this hemisphere?

[Linked Image]

Let alone the "vaunted" 5.5-22 SUCK...let alone with a 6x42 Reupold Blooded Eye Relief Comparison.

[Linked Image]

Nor a BEAST.

[Linked Image]

Mail was slow today too. Now you can say you've "seen" a Anschutz 54 1717D HB,wearin' an extended Bob 1913 75MOA rail and a 10x MQ. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Beat a PVC sunshade aboard the Reupold 67180(literally) and knitted it a neoprene skirt to boot. Then swung the front door open for a gawk.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Cheer up...I yarded the weight of pull spring outta the 1717,got rid of the creep and got pull weight down to 12-ounces. Will gun it in OEM issued guise,then yard it apart and poke it in a McMillan T-Hole Sillywet for R&D extrapolations.

"Tell" me "more".

Bless your heart.

'223,

Do NOT slight how "real" imagination and Pretend are,to The Do NOTHING Gang.

Hint...................(grin)

Magnumdoosh,

Cite ANYONE,who "knows","does" or "shoots" LESS than you. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

'ky,

JeffZero is at the mercy of her "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...so is simply doing the best she can,with what incredibly little she "has" to work with.

NOONE tries harder...which is why she's ALWAYS The Belle of the Ball...the "lucky" kchunt.

Laughing!...............

EHG,

You are MEAN. Now I feel compelled to tell Brad,that Jesus is "real".

Laughing!

Brad,

Jesus is "real".

Bless your heart.

Starsky.... Once. Once! Ya fück one goat.... grin.

Magnumdood.... erector + windshield gets me in theory to 1700 yards with a 162 Amax. That's a "lot" further than I have any urge to shoot that Kimber. What I care about, the "enchilada" as it were, is tracking, RTZ, and repeatability out to 1000 yards (~ 26 MOA from zero) or so. Since I've got way more erector than 26 MOA on tap I think I'm gonna sleep just fine tonight.

That's mounted flat. If, I wanted more, a sloped rail pushes things out to ~1900 or so. Don't want a rail on my Kimber.

There will be no [bleep] shims added to my bases. Period. That's just goofy.

Now Larry can swoop in and beat that number for the WIN! grin

That's with the Kimber..... I haven't applied the Eye of Sauron to the NXS yet. No reason to other than idle curiosity. Thinking an NXS on a 20M slope might be "enough".

EHG.... thanks for quantifying that. Makes me glad I went NF <g>. I wonder if Larry just can't see that level of error in his shooting due to ineptitude, or if you got statistically unbelievably unlucky, or what. Interesting.

So....... almost afraid to ask, haha, but how did the pile of shît "Nightfarce" SHV's you've tested do?

Love the Tac Wabbit.... next time I'm at the mall I think I'll hit that kiosk and have a little "Flotation Device" sticker made for the SHV.... maybe another that says "This product is known to the State of Alaska to contain Jip-Jappery".... lol....
I'm going to try the 3-9 SWFA out on my Montana in 270. Might be the perfect coues deer set up for me.
Larry, so I see two unmounted NF's, not yours, and one mounted one, it would appear on someone else's rifle, on which you apparently performed the dreaded eye relief comparison test with a Leup 6x42. That's so... rigorous! So... relevant! My hat is off to you and I shalt hold my tongue forevermore-eth.

Or not.

So really...... truth be told here.... your experience with them is, shall we say, VERY limited in size? Perhaps the best way to describe it would be, say, "almost none"....? And is it also fair to say, you have ZERO experience with the 3-10x42 SHV? And finally, would it be accurate to describe you as full of shït?

Headed off to go shoot with my SHV.... you should try it sometime! Laffin' here. Good lord, I'm laffin'.

Jeff_O,

When shooting long range if you want to get the most out of glass it always pays to set up your scope so as erectors are centered at the distance you mostly intend to shoot at. When scope erectors are centered your scope works the way it's intended so one can benefit from paying $2000 for glass. Erectors that are far from center can create clarity issues.

If your not really shooting all that far then your spending a f:uckload of $$$ for what a $800 setup would get you.

Shod
Shodd, you are making a giant assumption that JeffhomO actually shoots. He is like the frat boy that bought a jeep, lifted it, slapped on 35's, but has never even been on a dirt road.

He has zero personal experience to speak of, that's why he always talks about what other people have done. Have you ever seen his target pics? Sometimes I look at them before I go to bed and laugh myself to sleep. The tall target "test" was epic!
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Shodd, you are making a giant assumption that JeffhomO actually shoots. He is like the frat boy that bought a jeep, lifted it, slapped on 35's, but has never even been on a dirt road.

He has zero personal experience to speak of, that's why he always talks about what other people have done. Have you ever seen his target pics? Sometimes I look at them before I go to bed and laugh myself to sleep. The tall target "test" was epic!

Uber epic
JeffZero,

I've given away more glass than you've "got" and can "only" reflect upon the 100's I've shot/owned. Hint. Now I realize,it must be VERY "exciting" for you,to get giddy about (2) scopes and ESPECIALLY at once. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

You be certain to muster as much Imagination and Pretend,that you deem "requisite",to "convince" yourself you've anything bordering even a FIRST Fhuqking Clue. Hint.

Now I've ZERO idea who this EHG Guy is and it's just gotta make his heart soar like an Iggle,that your enthrallment there,consumes you in sucha' manner. Laughing!

Just early today,I conducted a Reupold Box Test and the MK4 M3 3.5-10x SFP Duplex,was simply unwavering in it's inherent abilities. Now you can say you've "seen one"...you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just sayin'. Though you'd need a co-signer for the tape! Laughing!

I was obviously chompin' at the bit,to gun the newest Anschutz 54...as it's plausible that a 1717D HB 17HMR should be fair to middlin',in it's average inherent aptitude. Google it.

Of course I had it bolted up yesterday,with the unequalled DIP 1913 extended 75MOA rail,along with it's (4) D&T fasteners,in conjunction with it's (6) set screws. The rear of the ejection port cutout needed a slight massage,if only because when I commissioned the run with Bob,I plainly stated "22LR ejection ports",because it's easier to open anodized artwork up,rather than try to shrink same. Google it. Laughing!

Anywhoo...with a slight starboard radiused flare,mechanical integrity was ascertained and the only thing lacking was daylight and favorable atmospherics. The first was arranged reliably,as per it's always,but the second is still not in the cards. Undaunted,the New Toy was schlepped to THE Testing Grounds and I had no qualm unveiling the abilities of same,in the conditions present...if only because Reality is handy. Not that you would know. Laughing!

First move was to affix a Harris-S 9-13",as a worst case scenario,upon an unbedded Living Handle,without pillars. While a Dirty "Trick",it do tend to cut to the fhuqking chase. Google it. Hint.

I had in tow(6) different flavors of ammo,if only to grant a "fair shake",should their be an inordinate occurrence. Going MPAJ/Ruck,I snicked the bolt from receiver and whirled erector travel downwards,until it stopped. I then peered the BB-Gun bore and saw target paper surrounding that view at the 100yd line and slid the bolt back into the receiver. Next move was to coax parallax,try to see "through" the mirage and pay heed to the wind. I simply sent one,immediately caught the impact and noted that I was but a trite .5 mil below POA,with the POI. With that impetus,I adjusted the erector .8 Mils and shot another,which struck where I had hoped and then dealt two more into an obscene Aggregate. Fluke of fhuqking flukes,to mechanically center windage and have concentricity connect them dots,though that is how it unfolded,with nary a SINGLE Fhuqking 1/10Mil "click" on windage. I gunned another confirmation trio and spoke over my shoulder to a pard who was watching same unfold through the newly arrived Reupold MK4 Gen2 FFP 12-40x 60mm Spotter...that "this bitch SHOOTS" and he then reaffirmed "NO schit!". Last move on 100yd paper,was to index the ele turret to zero(windage was already there) and see WTF remained in the equation. Turns out,it "only" coughed up 40.2 Mils on the erector,which I then of course buttoned down to the 'stop and gunned a hasty Trifecta that easily dipped into the low .3's,despite the 80.4 Mil roundtrip on the erector. Google it all. Laughing!

ONLY move remaining,was to clock said Fodder and the 17 V-Max only made 2660fps in said spout.(grin) I then returned to the Store where I had purchased same,just earlier in the day and bought every fhuqking box there was. You'd need yet another co-signer. Hint. Laughing!

50.2 Mils of total elevation compensation,don't allow the platform to reach much past the 1000yd line. Now I get it,that ain't NOWHERE near as "soothing" as a SFP 90MOA Float Coat,that's more than halfway burned up...if only because it was the only cardboard box you could open by yourself. Hint. Laughing!

Always enjoy your "version" of Reality,as quantified by the BEST you can "do". Keep them "particulars" and "pictures" coming,because that schit is fhuqking FUNNY!

Bless your heart.

'45,

"Perfect" do NOT include a fhuqking 270,nor a Variable of ANY make.

Hint....................

Shodd,

I getta kick outta your reading the directions offa the side of a NyQuil bottle and pawning yourself off as a "Doctor".

Bless your heart.

'223,

Do not slight how REAL,Imagination and Pretend are,to the both of 'em.

Hint.

Laughing!........................
EHG,

You are MEAN. Now I feel compelled to tell Brad,that Jesus is "real".

Laughing!

Sir... You need to cease and desist immediately ... There is certain information that if released to the general public could crush pretend and imagination, possibly creating a cataclysmic ripple which would render tin foil useless... You have been warned...

Now I've ZERO idea who this EHG Guy is and it's just gotta make his heart soar like an Iggle,that your enthrallment there,consumes you in sucha' manner. Laughing!

I'm in need of a reverse ignore button here as to hide pixels from the offender... The thought of the atrocities while viewing said pixels is nauseating... You Sir are one word away from being placed on ignore and I mean it... Really...

A little advice... Tread lightly with this bunch or you may be challenged to a Duel with Varget filled cases followed by a cage match involving a ladder, baby oil and goose feathers...

The poor [bleep] in Area 51 musta really pissed you off or lost one hell of a bet... Hell, who am I trying to kid, more than likely both...

You know how much I love you...otherwise I'd of fhuqked you right proper with a Reupold 30mm 4.5-14x M1. Don't go spillin' blood with schit,because it apparently is no longer "fashionable" to actually USE wares,that was made for usin'. Laughing!

I hear through The Grapevine,that Reupold is going back to their Secret Squirrel Ways and contemplating MK4's as being "unsuitable" for the General Public and Military/LEO only. Here's hoping prices skyrocket,so I can unload a herd and go Vortex Baby!

In Erectors We Twist...And Powder We Light.................

I already challenged Stick to a baby oil, goose feather cage match many moons ago!

Since then his gentle nature and kind way with words has softened my demeaner and I now fondly lick windows reading his every word to glean some insight.

However once again Stick had to point out I was reading NyQuil bottles trying to play doctor which again sent me back to the drawing board. The only thing I've got going for me is I actually pay attention more than most might think. And though my initial thought was to bring up the cage thing again I've learnt to listen so as I can be more learned. grin

EHG, when Stick called you mean I'm inclined to agree! grin When it comes to understanding rifles however I personally would rate what you pen down first rate. You know 10 times or more what I know without any doubt. As I've learned I believe you've also served and if that is true then I thank you very much for that sir. I grew up with a meaner than a grizzly step father who took out aggression on children as young as 3 months old and likely the reason for my ignorant aggression at times. I don't ever want to disrespect anyone but for obvious reason I feel an unwarranted need to try to defend myself. Im guessing there are likely underlying reasons for your line of work. In reading through and old thread I certainly could see it was I who was way out of line. I apologize for that sir.

Just to be clear my apology is out of respect not fear. Scared folk don't do what you do for a living and they don't climb into cages with some of the meanest men in the nation either.

Scared people shoot long like a girl like this Tanner fella. grin

I challenged him to a hiking contest and a cage match. What the hell is wrong with some people's kids! crazy

All in all I'm going to try to be a little more civil and less obnoxious.

If anybody doesn't like it then GFY! cool

Shod

Originally Posted by Shodd
I already challenged Stick to a baby oil, goose feather cage match many moons ago!

Since then his gentle nature and kind way with words has softened my demeaner and I now fondly lick windows reading his every word to glean some insight.

However once again Stick had to point out I was reading NyQuil bottles trying to play doctor which again sent me back to the drawing board. The only thing I've got going for me is I actually pay attention more than most might think. And though my initial thought was to bring up the cage thing again I've learnt to listen so as I can be more learned. grin

EHG, when Stick called you mean I'm inclined to agree! grin When it comes to understanding rifles however I personally would rate what you pen down first rate. You know 10 times or more what I know without any doubt. As I've learned I believe you've also served and if that is true then I thank you very much for that sir. I grew up with a meaner than a grizzly step father who took out aggression on children as young as 3 months old and likely the reason for my ignorant aggression at times. I don't ever want to disrespect anyone but for obvious reason I feel an unwarranted need to try to defend myself. Im guessing there are likely underlying reasons for your line of work. In reading through and old thread I certainly could see it was I who was way out of line. I apologize for that sir.

Just to be clear my apology is out of respect not fear. Scared folk don't do what you do for a living and they don't climb into cages with some of the meanest men in the nation either.

Scared people shoot long like a girl like this Tanner fella. grin

I challenged him to a hiking contest and a cage match. What the hell is wrong with some people's kids! crazy

All in all I'm going to try to be a little more civil and less obnoxious.

Shod

Shodd, I have never hiked, shot a rifle, or fought, but my expertise is telling me you've got all the fight you can handle just fighting for air with your head so far up your ass. The pain and lack of oxygen has gotta' be unbearable... My prayers are with you...

Tanner
I already challenged Stick to a baby oil, goose feather cage match many moons ago!...//...All in all I'm going to try to be a little more civil and less obnoxious.

Shod

Shodd, I have never hiked, shot a rifle, or fought, but my expertise is telling me you've got all the fight you can handle just fighting for air with your head so far up your ass. The pain and lack of oxygen has gotta' be unbearable... My prayers are with you...

Tanner

ZIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGG!
Prayers sent.

Tanner

Tanner, my expertise is telling me you have a hard time breathing with cock rammed down your little girly throat most of the time. I'm assuming while your already down there on your knees slurping would be a perfect time to offer up that prayer.

Shod

Tanner

Tanner, my expertise is telling me you have a hard time breathing with cock rammed down your little girly throat most of the time. I'm assuming while your already down there on your knees slurping would be a perfect time to offer up that prayer.

Shod

Shodd,

Has GOTTA be a very "rewarding" day for you,to FINALLY be able to use you cock sucking expertise in public and wield it with such certainty. Congratulations?!?

You "lucky" kchunt!

Bless your heart.

Tanner

Shod

Laughing... That's one way to come absolutely sprinting out of the closet; referring to your cock sucking experience... I cannot comment on such but you seem to have the whole process dialed in so I'll leave that to you...

I don't wanna' internet argue with you, Shodd ol' buddy ol' pal.... You should be relaxing and recovering with your family after what happened to you in that night club in Orlando... I was just so relieved to hear you made it through...

Tanner
Careful guys, all this cock talk is going to cause JeffhomO to start posting feverishly again...then magnumdoosh and Brad will chime in talking about old times.
Tanner,

Are you still running a SWFA on your rifle?
Yessir... I've been using the same 10x for a couple years, it's been on a few different rigs... Used it this year on a 6.5 SAUM and then stuck it on a 7 Rem Mag... Will likely upgrade to a NF here soon, however...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tanner
Blow it out of your ass Bitchkisser.
Yessir... I've been using the same 10x for a couple years, it's been on a few different rigs... Used it this year on a 6.5 SAUM and then stuck it on a 7 Rem Mag... Will likely upgrade to a NF here soon, however...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tanner

Nice! I'm going to run the 3-9 this year assuming no issues during summer testing. Fairly confident I can find some decent test subjects this fall. grin
The brown truck came yesterday, and I got this mounted up.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tanner

Tanner,

That's a damn nice deer!

David
If you go into a little bar in Leadville and ask the bartender "Jerry" about a transvesty hunter that goes by the name tanna on Friday nights you'll get the whole story. Leadville is a convenient location aways from hometown where nobody "hopefully" finds out

Shod

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I thought you couldn't get SWFA scopes up there?
If you go into a little bar in Leadville and ask the bartender "Jerry" about a transvesty hunter that goes by the name tanna on Friday nights you'll get the whole story. Leadville is a convenient location aways from hometown where nobody "hopefully" finds out

Shod

Why are you asking around out-of-town bars about transvestites?

Can't say I've ever had the desire to start prodding bartenders for info on the local ladyboy scene.

Looking for more "experience" I suppose?
Originally Posted by bellydeep

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

About 2 months ago they decided to get set up to export to Canada. I didn't hesitate smile
They now export to Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Yessir, I believe it's limited to those 3 countries.
Opened mail today and laughed my ass off! An Outdoor Edge Swingblade AND Nightfarce stickers. I didn't linger!

[Linked Image]

The 54 Hummer seems sound,despite the tough weather conditions. Stretched it out to the 765yd line(paltry 27.5 Mils),but it were a 13+ Mil windage correction,so I bowed out after chasing my tail for (3) pokes.

It done OK at the 100yd line. Just need to hacksaw the bitch to 19" and rattle can it now,then it'll be fit for Duty.

[Linked Image]

Tough system to whoop. Giotto's legs have always treated me well,Manfrotto ballheads are a mainstay/must,the Sig Kilo LRF blows all away,the Mk4 Gen2 FFP Spotter is certainly nice in the wind and the Annie 54 Hummer exceeds expectations.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The singlestage KIDD 1.5-pounder is a WICKED Good Bitch and though that McMillan always repeats after being disassembled,I still gunned a 50yd MPAJ hasty trio,just to make certain.

[Linked Image]

You boys are gonna talk me into trying one of them there Fixed Fhuqkers yet!

Need to grab a bite,hit the shower,Reload some 7-08AI 162's at 2850fps for this wind and then roll Round Two.....................
Originally Posted by bellydeep

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

About 2 months ago they decided to get set up to export to Canada. I didn't hesitate smile

No, you sure as hell didn't!

Glad you hear you can get them now
It don't pay to Linger... *grin*

[Linked Image]
Couldn't stand it and chopped a leetle better than 4-inches offa the piece of schit. Crowned it with an Oberg Double-Bevel and VLD deburring tool and it is still more than a leetle impressive,in the Precision Department.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

At just shy of 19",it's a vastly superior ergonomic machine and my 18" .720" Clark Lothar Walther Hummer,ain't even on the same page in average Agg's.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

20" Bartlein 1-8" 6XC OEM contour dupe/shank shortenin',received the ubiquitous EGW 20MOA rail chop and Warne Maxima Low's. 105 Hornie HPBT's at 2960fps with '17 fueled smooches,do not suck. 1-8" Hart 223AI dupe/dupe at 21" is no fhuqking slouch either.

[Linked Image]

Need to fire up some paint for the Annie 54..................

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Weight height Leupold rings did you use? I'm ordering one for my Montana.

my expertise is telling me you have a hard time breathing with cock rammed down your little girly throat most of the time...

Shod

Your "expertise" is scary.
Originally Posted by STS45

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Weight height Leupold rings did you use? I'm ordering one for my Montana.

Those are Burris Sig Zee medium's.
Looks good Jordan! Serious bang for the buck came in that brown truck! smile
Burris Zee's are far and away the most Tender schit Burris makes...and ALL of their schit is pretty fhuqking Tender in extrapolation,due their penchant for Dog Schit fasteners. I've puked lotsa Zee's,in both 1",30mm,Signatures and non. I'm long DONE with rolling them dice.

Gained .3 Mils of erector at the 100yd line,with a 4"+ 1717 Hummer barrel chop. So now there's "only" 50.5 mils of opportunity to "suffer",from it's 125yd zero. That's only 181+ MOA.(grin)

Cut to the fhuqking chase.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Now I'm not ashamed to let folks see the POS in public.....................(grin)

Good lookin' sticker. Dayum. Really classes-up the rifle.

Continued to lap you with respect to NF experience, today, which granted doesn't take much.... <g>. .... SHV/Kimber is a great fit.
Someone please post a link to this specific scope at the dealer showing it's price and model details.

The SWFA SS 3-9x42
http://swfa.com/HD-C12503.aspx

Choose it from the menu...
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Someone please post a link to this specific scope at the dealer showing it's price and model details.

The SWFA SS 3-9x42

http://ncstar.com/product/product-list.aspx?productseries=Octagon%20Series
JeffZero,

I'd never even seen a Montucky or a 30mm scope,'til you "unleashed" pics of your "experience(s)". Congratulations?!?

Hell...I doubt it'll be more than 4 or 5 decades,before you punch a tag with same and give a "report" on a 162. Laughing!

Keep doing you're "BEST",if only because it is funnier than fhuqk!!!!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

DumbDon,

You'd need a fhuqking co-signer for the Google search. Congratulations?!?

They are found at (www.getoffayourfhuqkingkchunt.com).

[Linked Image]

Remember...the more you "believe" it,the more "real" it is. Are you JeffZero's father?

Bless your heart.

Shod

Schitt just got weird.

Dave
You obviously haven't been following this thread.
Burris Zee's are far and away the most Tender schit Burris makes...and ALL of their schit is pretty fhuqking Tender in extrapolation,due their penchant for Dog Schit fasteners. I've puked lotsa Zee's,in both 1",30mm,Signatures and non. I'm long DONE with rolling them dice.

Stick,

I've always thought the cross bolt in the Zee's was a bit underwhelming, but torque them to spec with blue Loctite and haven't had a problem yet. When you've puked them, was it the cross bolt that let go, or something else? I've got a couple of sets of the XTR Sigs here to swap out some Zee's, with my only beef being that they're not weaver-style base compatible with that big 1913 lug, meaning the Warnes will take some filing. I ain't scared of busting out the file- it'd just be nice if the rings came with a slightly narrower lug.

I like the weaver/pic style ring setups for the ability to square the bottom of the scope tube with the receiver, and for a repeatable zero if I zero a scope in a set of rings to have as a backup for when a scope on duty goes TU. Haven't ever warmed up to the DD setups for that reason, although they are pretty rock solid.
With zero doubt,Burris fasteners are the phoniest of all. I've broken more than a few,as well as rings proper(itty-bitty claw feet).

I cain't cuss a 1913 Spec,as EVERYONE should simply follow suit and let the archaic dimensioning go,both as per bases and rings. Then commonality would run rampant by literal default. The Horn rings are far and away the BEST Burris effort and by lightyears. Their sole concession being,that are not Low Low Low,though in fairness...not much is.

I've beat the fhuqk outta DD's and have nothing but complete faith in 'em. No thang to pull ring caps and toss another scope in the saddle,if one has to. nothing zero's faster than a MQ,especially in conjunction with a FFP Spotter that subtends in kind.

Zee's are a ticking Time Bomb..........................
Larry... I've punched a few tags with 162's. Had one come apart pretty good on a deer shoulder at 200 yards. I still like them. Currently giving the new 162 ELD-X a try. Seeing sub-1/2" groups and exact same 100-yd POI as the Amax from the heavy 7 WSM I built. .630 BC. That's interesting right there.

For those intentional ass shots you do, it might be better than the Amax? Just sayin'.

I think it's amusing to watch you try to deflect attention away from your lack of actual experience with NF.... if only obviously. I lapped you just this week alone... smile

Deflection inbound! I'm ducking for cover!

For those intentional ass shots you do, it might be better than the Amax? Just sayin'.

Holy schitt that's fooking hilarious.... master of the ass-shot talking trash about ass-shots....
I agree, I've be even happier if Warne and everybody else would quit cutting the narrow Weaver-style slots in their bases, and simply go 1913 dimensions. The XTR's certainly seem like little tanks compared to the Sig Zee's, despite weighing a mere 2 oz more per pair, in medium height. A low would be nice, but I'll make do with the med's.

You and your variable FFP glass. When are you going to get with the times and roll a fixed 30x Mil spotter? Fixed glass is THE way to roll grin
JeffZero,

When you say "few" Tags,you sure as fhuqk ain't sandbagging. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

Few things as "meaningful" with High BC boolits and Nightfarces,than shooting holes in 100yd paper and being giddy with "groups" that are twice the size of what one of my Rimfires will do at like range. You REALLY "get after it!". Laughing!

I've not shot better than 1300rds of centerfire this week and haven't even tossed a Krunchenticker in the crummy...as I've been fairly Rimfired Up with the new stuff. At least now you can say you've "seen" one,you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

Wasn't much shakin' at the bottom of the driveway.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Can't shoot much past 2200yds here. Just kiddin'! Laughing!

Pard Yard Saled my heavy 270 flingin' open crummy doors,so I hadta KNOW. All is well and the Bart' spout ain't bruised. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Amazed what could be sucked outta da' shadows,gunning such heavy backlight. Crazy. Google it. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Had passed over 200+ Bucks last Fall and got tired of not yerking a trigger,so when this one busted North...I was rather at ease in hitting him South. Slim Shady 18" BHW 1-8" Middie,CMC trigger,Illuminatti,75 Hornie HPBT at 2825fps ala Lever' and yes I do think purty highly of the RSS handle and Marty latch. Best Google that and now you can say you've seen one of them too. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

LEGENDARY Southend shot on a Northbound customer. How come all of my Critters are soooooooooooo fhuqking much bigger than your's?!? 270 FS ala '15 fueled 375H&H AI,McMillan AWR Fibergrain,yada,yada,the usual. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

The ONLY thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination. One thing is CERTAIN about you and that's when it's ALL said and done,there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said,than done.

Bless your heart.

'shooter,

She's the MASTER of Imagination and Pretend.

Luckily for her it's free,so she can "afford" to "contribute".

Jordan,

I scoured and scoured the interwebs trying to source one of the RARE fixed power Zeiss Mildot eyepieces for my 65mm Diascope...but alas,no joy and I gotta suffer fhuqking Reupold.

Rest assured that XTR's aren't going anywhere,until you want them to. I'm done with Marty's Max50's too,due XTR inherent splendor and inclination(set up above on the Annie 1808EDS I was just shooting moments ago). If the 75MOA Bob 1913 extended rail,didn't all but zero the erector out to bottom,I would yerk the Max 50's and steal more thunder ala inclination via 'Horn rings.

Had Nightfarce on the phone not too long ago,because a bunch of us were talking about how STUPID they are and fhuqk schit up,so was wondering if they'll ever build a Fixed Glass that was right. Didn't sound promising. S&B don't have a fhuqking clue either,with their miserably fhuqking paltry erector "range" and DooDad Bullschit.

Were Nightfarce the schnizzle,I'd simply have a 100 or so.............................(grin)

...... and there's the deflection. grin

It's ok. You are generally pretty good at limiting your comments to that what you have experience with. We'll give you a mulligan on this one. Snork.
Currently giving the new 162 ELD-X a try. Seeing sub-1/2" groups and exact same 100-yd POI as the Amax from the heavy 7 WSM I built. .630 BC. That's interesting right there.

Don't be so modest Jeff. In the long range forum you are claiming the gun "consistently" shoots in the .3's. Post some more pics of bullet boxes laying on the floor. Thanks in advance!
JeffZero,

I getta kick outta how Reality ALWAYS fhuqking collides with your Fantasy and you "think" that STUPIDITY is some sort of Secret Squirrel "advantage". Congratulations?!?

Funnier than fhuqk,how you are always going to "do" this or that,but the ONLY thing that gets "done",is that you keep on sucking and at a MAGNIFICENTLY Impressive Non-lineal Rate. Now the steaming piece of fhuqking schit Conquests are on the back burner and you made a round hole in 100yd paper,it's as if you "reinvented" the wheel with your Drooling Dumbfhuqkery. Please understand,that the ONLY fhuqking reason it's funny,is because you are 100% doing your BEST and the ONLY person you can "convince" of your "knowledge","abilities" and "results" is you. Laughing!

I'm always torn on which is gonna be fhuqking funnier,your Whine or your Excuses and that's some tough choices. Laughing!

You simply could not begin to fhuqking fathom how much glass I've got or shot and I certainly do not wish to demean your Big Adventure with (2) scopes,if only because it's wayyyyyyyyyyyy fhuqking funnier,when you do so obliviously. Hint. Laughing!

Lemme fuel your Imagination and it's Pretend,with some more reality,to crush all of your Fantasy. I can open a cardboard box of boolits less instruction and swat a Booner at 15yds with a fairly Blue Rifle...then make it look easy,mainly because it is for me. The poignant profundity of them facts,is a right proper Dichotomy to your Reality,but FORTUNATELY it do not diminish the magnitude and Epic hilarity of your Imagination and it's Pretend. Everyone "wins". Laughing!

Cheer up...them LW's puked too and it didn't really take that long to shoot out the OEM SAAMI 223 spout. Going 6x MQ with all out inclination,added windows of opportunity that you haven't the faculties to comprehend,despite my doing so almost every day and their being blasse' to moi. Rifle may or may not be a Montucky. Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Now admittedly,Bluetitude might coulda been a fluke...but prolly weren't. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Re-"fluke". Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Ain't it a fhuqking hoot,that no matter what you buy,"learn" or "discover"...you are ALWAYS gonna be the same old Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqk,who's sole "move" is to Lick Windows,in a moot attempt to get a piece of the pie. No "wonder" your Imagination and Pretend are so "powerful".

Bless your heart.

'223,

She's gotta buy 'em PRE-opened.

Nice Bucks Stick
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Nice Bucks Stick

You can say that again! Next year I'm going to make a trip to AK for blacktails!
They are nice bucks and AK appears to be the place to whack 'em.

But WTF does that have to do with your NF "experience", Larry? Did you fingerfück the bucks like you did "a" NF SHV.....?

I hate to be so mean. I'm a fair and forgiving man. Tell you what. You man up and concede that you were yapping LOUDLY about something you have very minimal experience with, and I'll never say another word on the subject. Fair?
I don't look at the retarded little AK hobbit's posts, but he likely stole someone else's pics from the internet, as he's prone to do.
LAPM smile
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! What a fückin' thread... The Highs... The Lows... The shear suspense that'll keep a gal on the edge of her fückin' seat...

Ole Jeffo broke the fückin bank and bought not one but two fückin' scopes... The gal has poor ole Stick on the fückin ropes and is going in for the kill... Oh the horror...

Stick loves me and I gotta be the happiest and the most luckiest cünt on thee fückin' planet... Got an AR all cleaned up and awaiting the arrival of the Alpha glass that is inbound...

Shodd touched our hearts and proposed, then mere hours later came outta the fückin' closet akin to Rocket Man donning his best Rainbow Banana hammock, proclaiming his unrivaled expertise in the fine art of cock sucking...

Tanner's gonna get rich running Fully Guided Tranny hunts in Leadville, clothing optional of course, and barely escaped with his life after being challenged to nude wrasslin'...

Deflave was sober just long enough to realize Shodd is weird...

DogCatchers infatuation with Jeffo has progressed to new levels and is only obvious his Man Crush has evolved into so much more... You two get a fückin' room already...

Shït is getting fückin' good...grin
I just burped.
I spanked it to jeffhomO's kill pics...oh, wait...
You are generally pretty good at limiting your comments to that what you have experience with.

You aren't.
'thorn,

Nawwwww...they are quite a bite nicer than that.

Hint...............

'heider,

Always wanted to go to Alaska,but it's too expensive.

Texas or bust!

JeffZero,

You be certain to tell yourself that which you most need to believe...mainly because you are the ONLY one to "believe" it. Congratulations?!?

Who in THE fhuqk,would want you to quit TRYING to feign a First Fhuqking Clue?!? I sure as schit would not...as your Track "Record" is without HYSTERICAL peer(though the Texan's hearts are in it). Hint. Laughing!

One only needs to feed slack on the rope and stand back and brace himself,to watch you do your BEST...which is welllllllll fhuqking shy of the LOWEST of "standards". You'd need to live 1000 lifetimes,to simply open the scope boxes I've bought. Hint.

Bless your heart.

'Raider,

Few things as "convincing" as Imaginary Pretend Ignore and I'll feign my GREAT "surprise" that besides being a CLUELESS Kchunt,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Don't "forget" that you "can't" read this. Congratulations?!?

You Texans are some SERIOUS "hard chargers",with your gate swingin'/fence hoppin' "adventures".

Bless your heart.

Superkchunt,

You suck a mean ass and nibble a mean heel,you Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqk. Congratulations?!?

You and JeffZero oughtta have a NOTHING Off...that's where you both do your BEST for the year and weigh-in with pixels,for the 2016 Day Dreaming Do NOTHING Kchuntfest and it's "esteemed" Tiara. I'm fhuqking cryin'...I'm laughing soooooooooooo hard!!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.............

EHG,

I'm wheels up tomorrow to the tune of only (6) fhuqking airports and can hardly wait. Shout when Alpha arrives and I'll keep the Tracking Number in my wallet,to reflect upon. Even insured it,in the event that the stench damaged an Aircraft enroute.(grin)

Always wanted to shoot an AR!

Behave..................

I gotta poke some rifles away and muck out a crummy...as this was a purty good Turn & Burn...................
laugh

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! What a fückin' thread... The Highs... The Lows... The shear suspense that'll keep a gal on the edge of her fückin' seat...

Ole Jeffo broke the fückin bank and bought not one but two fückin' scopes... The gal has poor ole Stick on the fückin ropes and is going in for the kill... Oh the horror...

Stick loves me and I gotta be the happiest and the most luckiest cünt on thee fückin' planet... Got an AR all cleaned up and awaiting the arrival of the Alpha glass that is inbound...

Shodd touched our hearts and proposed, then mere hours later came outta the fückin' closet akin to Rocket Man donning his best Rainbow Banana hammock, proclaiming his unrivaled expertise in the fine art of cock sucking...

Tanner's gonna get rich running Fully Guided Tranny hunts in Leadville, clothing optional of course, and barely escaped with his life after being challenged to nude wrasslin'...

DogCatchers infatuation with Jeffo has progressed to new levels and is only obvious his Man Crush has evolved into so much more... You two get a fückin' room already...

Actually, I was pretty loaded.

Travis

See, that's the kind of vitriol and bile that is quite frankly ruining the quality of public discourse in America, Mister. For shame. For SHAME!

However...... it has made me realize that I might have been a bit mean. Hurt some feelers. Folks, Larry is a person TOO, and he has love in his heart, and a desire to just be part of the gang. He is NOT a one-man wolf pack.

Having realized that I got that prickly-sweat feeling when you just know you screwed up. In solidarity with the man I'm proud to call my brother from another mother, i offer these pixels.

[Linked Image]

Right after that pic, the f*cking Talleys snapped, scope fell off, and scared the hell out of my fish. Aaaargh. Now my SHV smells like pond funk. I KNEW I shoulda gone SWFA.... far better to have a $300 scope that smells like Suzy Creamcheese the morning after prom night, than a $900 one........ fück me and my stubborn, stubborn ways....
I googled big sticks "270" that shoots a 105Hpbt -read page after page -and still ain't got a clue.

Sam Olsen , hope that burp made you feel better !

Jeffster , those are some nice goldfish !

Tonight's a Strawberry moon & tomorrow is the same + the summer solstice , won't see it again for 70 years . It will change the way scopes perform from here on out -wonder what the new best scope will be then ???
Right after that pic, the f*cking Talleys snapped, scope fell off, and scared the hell out of my fish. Aaaargh. Now my SHV smells like pond funk. I KNEW I shoulda gone SWFA.... far better to have a $300 scope that smells like Suzy Creamcheese the morning after prom night, than a $900 one........ fück me and my stubborn, stubborn ways....

The irony of you bashing on stick for talking schitt on wares he has "limited experience" with.... while you talk schitt about wares you have ZERO experience with... is hilarious.... and par for your Democrat course....
Harumph
Harumph
Harumph
Harumph
Harumph
Harumph
Harumph

I didn't get a harumph out of that guy!
Quite the enjoyable thread. The humor is off the charts! My side hurts from laughing.

Why are you hating on Suzy Creamcheese?
The utilization of a diaeresis in "fück" is Über! grin
wouldn't that be pronounced "Fook"
OK back on track.......

Scope is ordered, what is the best mounting system for a Kimber Montana in 270. Needs to be tough will see lots of miles on a 4wheeler and maybe even a horse (I hate horses).
Originally Posted by RWE
wouldn't that be pronounced "Fook"

Fook Ya!!!
OK back on track.......

Scope is ordered, what is the best mounting system for a Kimber Montana in 270. Needs to be tough will see lots of miles on a 4wheeler and maybe even a horse (I hate horses).

I went with Talley one piece on for the weight savings and I've run a bunch of them and had no issues. With that said, I'm not 100% comfortable with the durability based on others like Stick who have posted failures. If I change them up I will run the Leopold DD and call it good.

Originally Posted by ol_mike
I googled big sticks "270" that shoots a 105Hpbt -read page after page -and still ain't got a clue.

Tonight's a Strawberry moon & tomorrow is the same + the summer solstice , won't see it again for 70 years . It will change the way scopes perform from here on out -wonder what the new best scope will be then ???

6x45 is the new .270 wink
OK back on track.......

For ultimate durability you have a couple option- DD's, or 1913 base(s) and XTR rings. My preference is to take a file to the Weaver-style slots in Warne Maxima bases and then go XTR. Eccentric inserts have long been my huckleberry.
I went with 1913 type bases from Kimber America and Seekings rings for a couple of my Montana's.
http://www.dnzproducts.com/product/game-reaper-kimber/

I like DNZ, but have Nightforce base and rings that will have to do. I have DNZ mounts on my .308 with a Leupold though, simple, quality, and reliable.

Dat was mean.
Multiplication is fun.
JeffhomO, how much elevation did you gain by going with those Talleys? I'm just getting into shooting, so I'm taking notes from skilled veterans. Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok that explains it --> NOT. confused +p++ ?

Imagine a newcomer to 24hr'fire -he decides to read this thread -no way in hades would he believe what he's reading or even know what the hale is going on with this thread about a 6x scope..
He'd ponder "will a moderator dynamite this thread ? " NO WAY --!
That's the beauty of the Fire' .!P +P ++
6x45 = 270

5.56x45 necked up to 6mm = 6x45

I can't simplify it or condense it any more than that...

Thanks.... they are Booners for sure... started out 10-12 years ago when my kids got tired of cleaning their goldfish tank so I put them in the stock tank. The fish, not the kids. Several goldfish and a couple shebunken. They bred. I have 75-100 fish in there now; it's a problem!

There was significant jip-jappery involved in getting the rifle to stay put like that.... grin.... see the wire?
Originally Posted by Dogshooter

The irony of you bashing on stick for talking schitt on wares he has "limited experience" with.... while you talk schitt about wares you have ZERO experience with... is hilarious.... and par for your Democrat course....

Ok, I'll bite.

What wares am I talking shït about?
SWFA glass (which is what this thread is actually about) and 1913s on a Kimber....

You're also talking schitt about others using the same wares you use so proficiently.... like ass-shots. Your hypocrisy and idiocy know no bounds....

I love the sound you make when you STFU...
I'm not talking shít about SWFA glass. Scroll back, prove otherwise. My only opinion on it is that it would appear to have great bang for the buck.

EHG did post some specifics about tracking/RTZ errors he measured. I'm not EHG.

Stick, on the other hand, DOES talk shït about NF, and as we have seen has very minimal experience with it....... to put it kindly.

He also shot a deer in the ass with a 162 Amax, on purpose, at long range. Is what it is.

But you are missing something here. This is in good fun. Humor, man! Lighten up, Francis.
You're the one missing something here.... namely brain cells and a sack....
Funny you can't show me dissing SWFA, though, don't you think? Are you conceding that one, or would that take too much brain cells and/or sack?

SO GLAD I don't have to live in your grumpy-ass world. crazy

I'd actually like to try me some SWFA sometime; people I trust, say good things.... but I decided to just skip the buy cheap then "upgrade" route (as Tanner put it) and go straight to NF. So far, I'm very happy with my POS Nightfarce scopes.

jeff0, how far have you stretched out those Nightforce? I'm looking into getting into long range, and you are a wealth of information. Thanks!

My advice... Warne bases (steel), with Maxima rings (steel).

I had Talley's crack on my 84. Mine were not fully bedded, but I'm not sure if bedding would solve the problem anyway. Others claim that it does, but I have no firsthand experience and would just skip the Talleys.

[Linked Image]

And I had Leupo DD crack...

[Linked Image]

No problems once the Warne bases and rings were installed.
Here's my setup. Warne bases that I had my gunsmith buddy open the cross slot on. With the APA rings, the scope height is perfect. Eye aligns perfect for me, no need for any stock pack or cheek risers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Yep. If Maxima rings, or other Weaver-style rings, don't do it for you on Warne mounts, then open the slots on the mounts. You can mill/file/Dremel the rear face and keep things square on the recoil face.
Originally Posted by 4th_point

My advice... Warne bases (steel), with Maxima rings (steel).

I had Talley's crack on my 84. Mine were not fully bedded, but I'm not sure if bedding would solve the problem anyway. Others claim that it does, but I have no firsthand experience and would just skip the Talleys.

[Linked Image]

And I had Leupo DD crack...

[Linked Image]

No problems once the Warne bases and rings were installed.

Dang, torquemiester.....

You'd think someone would come along with steel LW'esque rings. Remmie had something floating around. I'd guess they were crap though. I think Echols does some, but I wouldn't wanna refinance my house for a set of rings.
16B,

Failures like those are interesting, and make me think that there might be more at play than recoil magnitude and/or fastener torque. Others have mentioned that the receiver might be out of spec. But.. all three brands of mounts fit the receiver well, and a center-less ground rod showed no issues with co-linearity.

Makes me wonder if mode shapes would reveal anything. One of these days I'll do a modal test and instrument a rifle with transducers to collect data while firing.

Jason
Speak English 4th.

grin
Originally Posted by 4th_point
16B,

Failures like those are interesting, and make me think that there might be more at play than recoil magnitude and/or fastener torque. Others have mentioned that the receiver might be out of spec. But.. all three brands of mounts fit the receiver well, and a center-less ground rod showed no issues with co-linearity.

Makes me wonder if mode shapes would reveal anything. One of these days I'll do a modal test and instrument a rifle with transducers to collect data while firing.

Jason

?Do you feel that less torque (say 28"#'s) and bedding bases to the receiver is best.
With any action I have a gun smith square I provide a base and ask it to be set up with pins. I always looked at threads like a splitting wedge. I also think a tight fit pin, pinning the base to the receiver may stop the sheer from every so slight front to back movement during recoil. The pins would allow the screws to be focused on just clamping down as they are intended then my OCD beds the base to the receiver well because it's OCD and every bit helps.

Also what transducer are you using for pressure testing ect? I'm a fan of the piezo transducer but never used them out side of pressure testing with a wiseman universe receiver. I have rolled around the idea of an exterior set up to test hunting rifles but they seem less than reliable and not easily adapted to the rifles I would be interested in collecting data in.
Originally Posted by 16bore

You'd think someone would come along with steel LW'esque rings. Remmie had something floating around. I'd guess they were crap though. I think Echols does some, but I wouldn't wanna refinance my house for a set of rings.

Those Remington 700 ringmounts were not too popular. I ran across a rack full of them today, just medium height one-inchers, at $15/set and two sets marked $5 each! Skipped those even. I forget the particulars, but as I recall, there was a brand name associated with them before they became Remingtoons. This should be helpful information to those mounting SWFA 30mm scopes on their Montanas. wink
I think they have were called Durasight. I have a set on an AR.
Originally Posted by bobnob17
Speak English 4th.

grin

Hi Bob,

In general, I think the shooting community thinks in terms of "recoil" for these things... myself included, in general. This could be a sudden change in velocity of the rifle, the energy, overall acceleration, or even force depending on how it is investigated or what the perception of "recoil" is. More or less intuitive quantities in the time domain.

Or, we tend to think of "excessive" fastener torque when things break, or "insufficient" torque when they fly off. Of course, there could also be weak materials, manufacturing defects, etc. as well.

But, I wonder if there is more to it than that. I've mentioned in other threads that the ocular lock-ring on an FX-3 would not stay tight on that Kimber. The only other rifle that would loosen that lock ring was a 375 Ruger, and I tightened the hell out it. Other rifles, with much more recoil than the Kimber, would never loosen that lock-ring or jam-nut.

Were the ends of the scope whipping more, on the Kimber and 375?

That observation made me think that the internal ballistics of firing a cartridge, or vibrations in the system after the bullet leaves the muzzle, might excite the scope and mounts. This would be in the frequency domain... that many of us may not consider or find intuitive.

If this excitation is at the same frequency as the natural frequency, then there might be a problem! Think... Tacoma Narrows Bridge. That isn't the best example since it had a somewhat constant excitation (steady wind rather than limited duration powder propellant), but you get the idea.

Anyway, I'm sure someone more experienced and intelligent than myself has investigated this. But, I haven't seen any reports, papers, etc.

What I do know, is that the wimpy cartridge in that Kimber should NOT have cracked mounts and loosened jam-nuts.

Jason
Originally Posted by fredIII
?Do you feel that less torque (say 28"#'s) and bedding bases to the receiver is best.
With any action I have a gun smith square I provide a base and ask it to be set up with pins. I always looked at threads like a splitting wedge. I also think a tight fit pin, pinning the base to the receiver may stop the sheer from every so slight front to back movement during recoil. The pins would allow the screws to be focused on just clamping down as they are intended then my OCD beds the base to the receiver well because it's OCD and every bit helps.

Fred,

I know that Brad and others always bed Talleys on Kimbers, and it makes sense to me. If you look at the underside of the Talley mount, there is an area in the middle (of the cross-section) that doesn't make contact with receiver. With the clamp load of the fasteners, it would seem to put the mount in somewhat of a 3-pt bend, if over-torqued... spreading the ears of the mount. I suspect that Talley does this just to save weight, as other brands don't remove material here. But it's all speculation on my part and I could be completely wrong on all counts.

I haven't done the hand calcs, and am not a FE analyst, but suspect that the clamp load and friction between the receiver and mounts are sufficient for the theoretical shear during recoil (should be since "most" people don't have a problem grin ). But, this doesn't explain the anecdotal failures that we see and hear about. Again, material or manufacturing problems might be the problem instead.

However, I wonder if the loading might be more complex than we assume, and more than some mounts/fasteners can handle... over periods of time or cycles that exceed the expected use of the "average hunter". A recoil lug or pinning the base(s) seems to make a lot of sense. The lug slot on the M40 comes to mind. I'm guessing that the average M40 takes a lot more abuse than the average hunting rifle, but many assume that whatever abuse that can affect the mounts would destroy the scope. But this might not be the case.

Pic of the M40 slot that I scrubbed off the interwebs (rifleshooter.com):

[Linked Image]

And the M40 mount pic (also from rifleshooter.com):

[Linked Image]

I've communicated privately with other members on 24HrC about zero retention and mount integrity. Seems that the common thought is that steel mounts, or rugged alloy mounts, fair the best. And recoil lugs or pins don't hurt. But, these are just non-scientific drop tests and random impacts.

Jason
I feel obligated to post the link from the site where those pics were scrubbed. Personally, I think it was a really good series of articles.

rifleshooter link

I should also mention that I did a hardness test on those Talleys that cracked and they were in the correct "aerospace" range that Talley claims, but our material/metallurgy engineer told me that I need to have the chemistry checked to know for sure. To Talley's credit, they sent several pairs of replacements, so I can't complain. But I ended up going steel instead, without any issues.
Thanks for the response I will read the link as soon as I have a chance.

Also what transducer are you using for pressure testing ect? I'm a fan of the piezo transducer but never used them out side of pressure testing with a wiseman universe receiver. I have rolled around the idea of an exterior set up to test hunting rifles but they seem less than reliable and not easily adapted to the rifles I would be interested in collecting data in.

It's been 20+ years since I've messed with MM strain gages. We have an applied mechanics lab at work that I might be able to convince to gage a rifle, but I'm thinking more about accelerometers to measure whole-body rifle motion and barrel deflection for the internal ballistic portion. And a mic to record the transition to external. The modal test would be done with accelerometer(s) and an impact hammer.

Correlating the above with pressure data and accuracy/precision would be an interesting study though. I think some Olympic teams are working on this as just doing it willy-nilly seems to require a lot of time and luck.

Jason
Enjoyable, interesting info Jason. I agree there's lots of stuff likely going on that's hard to understand without more accurate ways to measure it.

Well done and thanks!
Jason,

Good stuff. Appreciated the read and your thoughts. Understand it's quite theoretical, but certainly educated theory. Do I dare say, +P.
4 th that was a great read. Thanks again for the thoughts I believe your right on.
4th point

It is always a bit of a risk judging failures by photos, especially where you don't have any of the fracture surfaces, but those two look like brittle overload failures. This suggests that the material used had a comparatively low work of fracture - it snapped more or less like a stick of chalk. This is fairly typical of aluminium castings, much less typical of, say, your typical medium-carbon steel unless it has been incorrectly heat treated (and yes, I am leaving out large amounts of detail).

Looking at the Talley base, the first two things I'd be considering are first, excessive torque on a countersunk screw, acting like a wedge to apply stress laterally, popping the base open around the screwhole; second, clearance between base and receiver under the screw hole, allowing a bending stress as the screw is tightened - or a combination of these two - in conjunction with somewhat brittle material.

With the Leupold, I'd also consider the effect of turning in a tightly fitting ring to the base, as a possible factor, but it is impossible to say more really with just the one photo.

It'd be good to know the material composition and hardness, and have some good macros of the fracture surfaces.

To recap, the mounts broke because they're [bleep] up and [bleep] happens....
I will never use Talley's again myself. Only time I have ever had issues was with them and a torque wrench was used.

Pic of 3-9 on a Montana. All I had was Medium rings and will change them eventually, but the cheek weld is fine.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

7-1/4 lbs empty.
How far can you drop the scope before the front bell taper meets the end of the extended rail?
Originally Posted by mathman
How far can you drop the scope before the front bell taper meets the end of the extended rail?

The difference between .85" Lows and 1" mediums (nightforce LW rings) there is room. I was going to chop off that little extra but as is it worked.

The3-9 is a good scope as far as fit, function, etc. fit holds up, I see more in my future. I wish they had an illuminated version.
This thread has taken a great turn. Nice! Good stuff guys.

The NF scope I have mounted in Talley LW's on my Kimber is of comparable weight to a 3-9 SWFA, and further, it's a 7 WSM so likely has a bit more recoil than your typical "Kimber Montana"... I'll keep an eye on them but my own guess is that the breakage at the ring screws is as has already been hypothesized: the little screws are not flat on the bottom and are acting as a bit of a wedge. But I don't know. I don't gorilla-grip my ring screws (unlike some guys) and I'm willing to continue with the Talleys. I've got at least a half dozen pair. If/when I see a problem I'll address it then.

The NF Direct Mount for Remington actions has a recoil lug that prevents shearing of the 6-32 base screws. Running it on a SA Reminton; nice stuff. Similar to Talleys but a little beefier and, of course, the bottom part is unified.

You SWFA guys can laugh............ when I went to take off that SWFA "sticker" from my Kimber it took a bunch of camo paint with it! D'oh! grin
I mostly take Talley Lwt "failures" with a grain of salt. I've had in excess of 20 pairs of Talley Lwt's and have never, ever had an issue. But I do lap them and do use a Torque Wrench.

We do live in a material world and materials do fail...
Dan,

Thanks for the input.

I think I have the Talleys around somewhere and might be able to get our materials engineer to run the chemistry. But the Leupos were returned so I don't have access to them anymore.

At any rate, both were replaced with Warne steel bases that fit just as well and have held up fine with Maxima rings on top.

Jason
"when this baby hits 88 mph... you're gonna see some serious $h!t" re: wiseman universe receiver
Originally Posted by RDW
"when this baby hits 88 mph... you're gonna see some serious $h!t" re: wiseman universe receiver

You familiar with Bills test Receiver?

JeffZero,

Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. The ONLY thing you can do in the first hand,is to schlep Fhuqking STUPIDITY,to places it's never been before. "Luckily" for you,that has NOTHING to do with distance or grandeur. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my "surprise",that you had to use Farmed Fish in your "compelling" picture,of your "hard charging" ways. Laughing!

Bless your heart.

Wow +P++!.................

'mike,

I've not shot/got any 270's in a twist rate slower than 8",nor of barrel length greater than 20",or of a contour more svelte than a streamlined Montucky OEM or greater than a short shanked MTU. Just sayin'.

I hear good thangs about the Hornie 105HPBT in same,whether it ADL,BDL or DBM and I've a "hunch",that I'm likely afforded the luxury of not being forced to fhuqking guess.

Funny how it actually works and I mean fhuqking FUNNY!

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'shooter,

JeffZero can only guess,plagiarize and "live" vicariously...as a "best" case scenario.

Her heart is in it too and nobody "does" it better.

Laughing!.........................

FO',

Personally,I getta kick outta The Do NOTHING Gang's Vulcan Mind Fhuqk and copious elipsiseses.(grin)

Folks can only do the best they can and it is only fair,though funnier than fhuqk...to grant slack on that rope.

Never been tough to cypher who do and who don't.................

'45,

DD's are warm/fuzzy. Though I prolly have just about everything else there is too.

Hint...............

'heider,

I've zero doubt that LW's would do most folks proud. Obscene round counts(shooting out barrels) and weather that ain't always sunny,do tend to skew results and reliably expose potential.

LW surface area,in regards to their scope griptitude is reassuring,but trouble is that,is often where they puke. I've failed 'em both up top and below,as have others that gun in a similar fashion.

I'd slate LW's as being prolly 95% retired,as per folks I personally know,who flog on Riggin' as a mainstay. It wouldn't piss me off,to see 'em made in S/S with PosiLign-esque eccentrics.................

Jordan,

The 1913/'Horn melding is a PEACH. It capably melds griptitude,spacetitude and toughtitude...which is the ONLY way happiness can be realized.

Their sole bane being height,but for most applications(combs),they are Skookum +P+.................

FO',

Glen's stuff always rocks,but it's tough to leave inclination setting on the shelf...as the 'Horn's will happily cough up 40MOA via the rings alone.

If/when talking 2pc 1913,then you can of course eek more,by shimming the aft upwards. Conjoin same and 70MOA is easily granted with a mechanically centered windage,which do the scope even more favors.

It is impossible to have "too much" erector travel,despite The Do NOTHING Gang's valiant efforts,to "convince" themselves otherwise.

FUNNY schit!..................

hunting',

DNZ sucks ass,due ring spacing constraints. That is a HUGE concession to scope integrity and they are well shy of being viable,due that schit "design".

Been around lotsa them and all suck. I'd dangle pics,but am two-blocked.

Hint...................

'Boomer,

All wares are "equal" when setting idle.

'Tis only when they are truly flogged upon,that weaknesses reliably surface. I'm privvy to better than a dozen LW failures,though in fairness...none of them wares was Safe Queens.(grin)

We all gave 'em a fair shake and everybody has puked 'em....................

4th,

Purty mean of you to be danglin' pics of even more stuff that Fredrica has never seen,let alone "used" or heard of.

I have it on Good Authority,that the Marty double-lugged inclined 1913 rail aboard the LFB has prolly seen some trigger time and is holding like a rock. Have always liked the premise and the realization even more so,as it is a Skookum design +P...so I've a few.(grin)

Marty do alotta thangs right,though I'd love to see a 50MOA 1913 double-lugged rail wearing integral Max50's,with nice ring spacing and 8-40's everywhere................

math',

I'd dangle 30mm Fixed Fhuqker Lowtitude pics,but Imageshack is currently bein' peenched ala filter.

Tough to beat Maxima Low's on a Montucky 1913 rail.

Hint.....................

Brad,

That is "compelling" LW "Testimony". Congratulations?!?

Were you to take that amassed "round count" and weather exposure,it'd not rate 10% of my least used LW adorned rifle's USE. Hint.

Cheer up...I've suffered quite a bunch more than 20 sets.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

RDW,

Have had lotsa LW's in winds/weather greater than 88mph,but that prolly weren't the culprit.................(grin)

Fredrica,

Didja' swipe more pics for "your" album,so you can now say you've "seen" the wares you are TRYING to "talk" about? Congratulations?!?

Here's to the perpetual hilarity of your Incredible Fhuqking STUPIDITY and it's oblivious delivery.

Bless your heart.

Jordan,

The 1913/'Horn melding is a PEACH. It capably melds griptitude,spacetitude and toughtitude...which is the ONLY way happiness can be realized.

Their sole bane being height,but for most applications(combs),they are Skookum +P+.................

The rings certainly seem to connect all the dots. In addition to longing for a bit lower option, I also wish the 1913 lug on the bottom was centered on the ring, rather than being offset. Because of the offset lug, I've got a slightly mismatched melding between the filed Warne base and the ring, which is still better than the regular Sig Zee's that sat there before, or the LW's before that, and should have enough clamping power to keep the scope from going places it ain't supposed to go, but it'd sure match up nicely if that friggin' lug was centered. Can't think of an instance where I'd want the lug offset like that, but maybe I'm missing something...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I mostly take Talley Lwt "failures" with a grain of salt. I've had in excess of 20 pairs of Talley Lwt's and have never, ever had an issue. But I do lap them and do use a Torque Wrench.

Brad, counting sets I'm not using currently, I am in the realm of 10 sets. Love them for their simplicity. Some of the gyrations guys are going through, to use something else (cough Jordan cough smile ) astound me, but then maybe I'm easily astounded these days. grin

Mounted a Swaro Z3 (oh good Lord!) in Talley LW's ((holy crap!) on my .358 (ho jeez!) Model 7 (I think those at least are Skookum?) last night as part of the major facelift that rifle is undergoing. Perfection.

I don't use a torque wrench when installing them. I work with small fine threads in aluminum a lot (making parts with 60 tapped 8-32 holes today for instance) and have a good feel for "tight". A torque wrench wouldn't suck. Ever seen those little preset ones made for tightening seat post clamps on carbon-fiber bike frames? Something like that would be kinda cool.
Larry- it wasn't flattery; it was mockery.

Carry on.

Brad, counting sets I'm not using currently, I am in the realm of 10 sets. Love them for their simplicity. Some of the gyrations guys are going through, to use something else (cough Jordan cough smile ) astound me, but then maybe I'm easily astounded these days. grin

Mounted a Swaro Z3 (oh good Lord!) in Talley LW's ((holy crap!) on my .358 (ho jeez!) Model 7 (I think those at least are Skookum?) last night as part of the major facelift that rifle is undergoing. Perfection.

I don't use a torque wrench when installing them. I work with small fine threads in aluminum a lot (making parts with 60 tapped 8-32 holes today for instance) and have a good feel for "tight". A torque wrench wouldn't suck. Ever seen those little preset ones made for tightening seat post clamps on carbon-fiber bike frames? Something like that would be kinda cool.

Jeff,

To the contrary, I've long been sold on the idea of eccentric inserts, both for elevation gain as well as windage correction, and have been using Burris Signature rings for years and years. I've run Talleys on Kimbers simply to save a bit of weight, but have seen zero's bobble with them, so I'm back to Signature rings on those rifles, despite the couple of ounces I suffer as a penalty. I'm always open to trying new things and finding better mousetraps wink

But I've always wished they would come out with a pic/Weaver-style Signature ring that was built a little more durable/beefy than the Zee ring. When the XTR Signature came out, I was excited to give it a try, but haven't seen them locally until now. So far, I'm thinking they're the cat's meow for a rig where I'm not counting ounces, such as the Kimber 7WSM. My Kimber 7-08, which has taken on the primary role of chasing sheep in the mountains with me, will still wear Sig Zee's for now until I figure out a better option, simply because they're a few ounces lighter than the XTR Sig, and still offer a 20 MOA cant. That and the recoil of the 7-08 is fairly gentle and scope-friendly.

[Linked Image]
Nice looking setup Jordan.
Jordan, yeah, I like the Zee/eccentrics reasonably well; I'be been using them for years with the Zeiss Fishwhacker and I still am. I did have an issue with the scope sliding forward under recoil. I cranked the screws down as tight as I could- literally- and that's what it took to make it stop happening.

I was, of course, just pitching a little friendly "sitting at the campfire" crap... but I will say there does seem to be an outbreak of "excursionitis" in these parts, with symptoms including doing some things *I* wouldn't do, to gain a few mil's of reach that to my mind has no practical value... such as shimming bases, or running a rail that puts the scope way up high. But, we are all entitled to our own OCD's, right? smile

Got my .358 all back together last night (got the barrel re-profiled, among other things) and I'm dying to shoot it. Also have a Devious Plan for my 7-08 Mountain Rifle... also involves cuttin' metal... the fun is very much in the chase, eh?

(See how I threw an "eh" in there?) grin

Brad, counting sets I'm not using currently, I am in the realm of 10 sets.

Wow, counting something you're not using is a hell of a test! The only thing you use is your imagination...
Jordan,

She'll ride there and stay where you wish. The 1913 Rail Chop is a favorite,due the ring spacing and latitude in base/ring melding.

Still hungchow with ImageShack being filtered...but 'Horn rings on a LSS chassis do not suck.................

JeffZero,

I enjoy the Delusion,that your being a CLUELESS Piece Of Fhuqking Schit and a Goldfish Rancher,is all part of a keen "plot" to "mock" me. Congratulations?!?

You poor poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk. Laughing!

Here's to the perpetual HILARITY of you doing your "best" and being able to convince "all" 17 of your IQ points,that you have a first fhuqking clue and REALLY "get after it". I'm fhuqking crying...I'm laughing sooooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!

There is an "outbreak" of Reality,that conjoins Today's boolits,barrels,mounting systems,sighting systems and LRF's,that reliably arrange possibilities that exceed your "means","abilities" or "comprehension" and it is funnier than fhuqk,that you wield being a CLUELESS Turd Polishing DUMBfhuqk as being a Secret Squirrel "advantage". The only thing you mock is yourself and that fruition is only arranged,because you "think" you are doing "great". Laughing!

It is a shame,that your "life's" total round count couldn't be set upon it's pitiful display,as a JeffZero "Trump Card" of colossal oblivious hilarity magnitude and Do NOTHING Drooling Dumbfhuqkery.

You better go milk a Goldfish at the Feesh Ranch and mock on.

Bless your heart.

'223,

ONLY The Do NOTHING Gang,would factor a "critique" with first hand accounting of wares setting idle on the shelf,as they type that "info" from their Couchbound Kchunts.

The oblivious HILARITY never fhuqking ends.

Bless her heart and all of her BEST "efforts".

I enjoy the Delusion,that your being a CLUELESS Piece Of Fhuqking Schit and a Goldfish Rancher,is all part of a keen "plot" to "mock" me. Congratulations?!?

Holy Fück, that made me laugh.
Trouble is,
I'm not in a good location for fits of laughter.
Originally Posted by wageslave

Holy Fück, that made me laugh.
Trouble is,
I'm not in a good location for fits of laughter.

Made me laugh too. Stick v. JeffO is an uber matchup.
Curious Big Stick. I hear about how you are very good at everything but I just want to make sure. I know of many people who think they are good but they really aren't.

Anyway, I would like to shoot with you, see how you really are.

On July 16th they are having a NRA approved F class match in Anchorage. I would really like to see you there.

I would like to see what I can learn from you and I will buy you a hamburger or something after the match. You can invite your wife to come along.

Anyway, let me know if you can make it.
'slave,

Tough to Trump the magnitude of oblivious humor being "wielded",by Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks...as a Secret Squirrel "ploy" to corroborate their Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery. EPIC fhuqking laughs!

I don't doubt that she's named them Show Goldfish too and has the shelfbound LW's setting next to a sprinkle can of Fish Food,which gets more trigger time than anything else she's "got".

JeffZero undoubtedly needs help getting them Feesh Sprinkles opened too.

'deep,

JeffZero's hands are more than full,trying to recall what she's last talked out of her ass about. Always funnier than fhuqk,to grant here opportunity to Showcase her "results" and it's always difficult to choose which is gonna be fhuqking funnier,the Whine or the Excuses

Them cardboard boxes don't open themselves.

'Gomer,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that your grandest Dream is to be able to say you've rubbed shoulders with me and swiped some knowledge. Join the fhuqking crowd,you ass sucking Clueless Fhuqk. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,as you scramble feverishly for tidbits and flaunt how incredibly fhuqking little you "know" and "do".

Knock it outta Da' Park and cite "your" High Zoot F-Classin' wares,as it's certainly some esoteric blueprint totally devoid me. Give or fhuqking take. Laughing!

Feel free to use as much Imagination and Pretend that you dare to muster,in order to find me "mistaken" and I'll happily relish in rubbing your nose even further in your Fhuqking STUPIDITY. Hint. Just saying.

Bless your heart.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
And I thought Carl Rove was the only dick with ears.

Take care, Willie
Oh my...how very fhuqking "surprising" that The Twatly Trifecta "answered" in Triple-Tap fashion. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

Few things funnier,than giving Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks slack on the rope,so they can flaunt their Imagination and it's Pretend. You STUPID Fhuqks would do well to take notes and apply same. Hint.

The three of you Clueless Kchunts bolted together,couldn't knock the guts out of a slow Tuesday afternoon,with your "hard charging" ways and "all" that you "do". What were the "odds" that you Dumb Fhuqks are the only ones on the Thread,who cain't speak to the crux in the firsthand. Just saying.

Bless your hearts.

Biggest mouth in the room doesn't equal smartest in the room. In your case means biggest dick with ears in the room.

Take care, Willie
Fascinating...how Whining Clueless Kchunts,always manage to find reason(s) to Whine. Congratulations?!?

Now ain't it a curious constant,that the only thing you can talk about in the firsthand,is how easily you get horned up...you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that The Twatly Trifecta bolted together and using "all" of their "knowledge","experience" and "results",could not begin to summons the wares requisite,to ante up and scratch the Thread's title. Now that is some seriously fhuqking FUNNY schit and rest assured,the last thing I'd wanna do is to diminish the sweet "satisfactions" of your Imagination and it's Pretend,mainly because it's all that you've "got" and that would be mean.

Don't "forget",you reserve the right to find me "mistaken" and ain't it a fhuqking hoot,that even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,knows better than to even try? I wonder why that is? Laughing!

Be sure and "tell" me more,as you talk out your ass,from your couchbound kchunt. What's the name of your Goldfish?

Bless your heart.

[Linked Image]
SuperKchunt,

It was hardly requisite that you steal pics from someone else,to quantify that you suck...as that glaring obvious has long been a given. Congratulations?!?

There is no end to your Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery and it is funnier than fhuqk,that you go wayyyyyyyy out of your Couchbound Kchunt's way,to refrain ALL things The Rifle and Outdoors,if only to "flaunt" the Delusions of your Imagination and it's Pretend.

The only thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination,but it is always EPIC Humor to have you wax eloquent on the sweet "satisfactions" of plagiarism and "living" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Happy July 4th Larry olde boy.

[Linked Image]
As I understand it Larry and Big Stick are friends -live near one another -what is Larry's screen name ?
SuperKchunt,

Lemme fuel your Imagination,if only to bolster your Pretend,so you can say you've "seen" this too and add yet another of my pics to "your" album...you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image]

Be SURE to start a Thread,should you ever venture Outdoors this year.

Bless your heart.

'mike,

Your "understanding" defines STUPIDITY. Here's to the inherent oblivious hilarity...of your BEST being soooooooooooo well shy of the mark. Congratulations?!?

You Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks are a hoot!

Bless your heart.

Don't be a dick bro .. laugh

Edit; Happy 4th of July -240 years !
Let me guess. Your either a west coast, or north east transplant. That native Alaskans would love to run ya off, or tar and feather ya??? Oh, how bout the wife and offspring ??? Do you baffle them with your bullchit??? And do they tolerate your infinite wisdom??? Or have they left, and are patiently waiting to piss on your grave????? TFF CARRY ON!!

Take care, Willie

Ain't it a fascinating constant,that a guess is a "good" as you Drooling Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks will ever "do". Congratulations?!?

I'll happily be whatever your Imagination and Pretend needs most,to salve your Reality...as you set on your couchbound kchunt,Whine and "live" vicariously.

You "hard chargers" REALLY "get after it"!

Bless your heart.

Pretty mellow this morning. Cause some are smart enough to know what ya are. Like they wheeled the chit to make ya. Happy trails!!!!

Take care, Willie
He's just toned it down because I have a Cabelas Outfitter 3x9 scope in the classifieds, and he is confident that he will get dibs on it.....
You said you'd never sell, and if you did you'd give me first dibs.

Indian giver.
'dike,

When you use your Imagination and Pretend something,typically how long does it take to become "real" to you? Just ballpark the transformation...you "lucky" kchunt. Congratulations?!?

Knock it outta Da' Park and dangle a pic of "all' of your 30mm tube laden Montuckies.

Bless your heart.

'gwe,

OLDEST "trick" in The Book,to mount "bargain" glass on a 10/22 and ratty-tat-tat 'em to failure. Have puked 5 gallon bucket loads of 'em,some of which are held in "esteem" by The Do NOTHING Gang. Hint.

Never could get one of my many 10/22's to eclipse the 18,000rd mark without cleaning,though a pard did and I'm still bearing the brunt of that shame. That without lube or a single patch. Hint.

I've only had 100's of scopes to extrapolate side by each.

Hint................

'pole,

Glass that don't correlate POA/POI is fhuqking useless and that constant is a given...long before a myriad of other optical/mechanical obvious arrangements.

Though well beyond 200,000rds through Fixed Fhuqkers,I am shy of the Halfa Million threshold.

But it won't be long.....................(grin)

[Linked Image]
My personal take on the SS 6x MQ is that for the price its a decent optic but I cant really give it anymore than that... I've owned 4 of them and have used 2 or 3 others that were not mine... I actually got a 308 rifle a week or so ago from a buddy to shoot and goof around with that has a 6X MQ on it... Haven't touched it but will try and get to it this week...

They do have a generous turret but the 4 I owned and 2 others I've used lacked in either adjustment value, tracking or RTZ... Those three things as well as robustness are what I look for in an optic... Glass is glass and everyone will see it different...

I've seen between a 3-11% error in the turret value... Failure to track consistently... Failure to RTZ or hold zero...

The scope I tried on the Adi once zero'd, would hold the zero just fine as long as you didn't touch a turret... If you dialed anything past 4 mil's and tried to RTZ it would be .2 mil low... Dial past 4 again and RTZ it was again .2 mil lower than before... Re-zero and it would hold zero until you dialed again...

Its a $300 scope +/- and I don't expect much more out of it... It's just not for me...

Just so dumb ole Jeffo don't want to push me in the corner and try and beat me around while I'm on the ropes heres a few pics...

This is the one I havent got around to...
[Linked Image]

Ones I've owned...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I wonder why Little Stink didn't attack elkhuntinguide for this post?
elkhuntingguide,

What pack is that in the pictures?

I'm waking this one up
3-10x42mm Nightforce SHV in Talley's for the WIN!
A couple days ago I did a 200 yard test on a 10x SS...on a very accurate 6.5 CM ..Elevation was great but windage flat sucked. This was 16 3x groups at 200 with 1, 2, and 3 mils in the box and I dialed it 2x desired setting and returned before the group. It was hanging up on the windage big time...then jumped.

Don't like to hear that. I have a new chicken in waiting. Have yet to test drive.
[Linked Image]

Last one I had tracked well. But turrets were mushy and I simply can't take a mushy turret. This specimen features much crisper turrets. Hope it tracks as well......
[Linked Image]
Cool rifle. Reminds me of those Steelers alternate uni's. smile

Which SS model is that?
I just got a VX 6 that is really a nice scope in the same price point as your Nightforce you should check on out. Very well thought out scope. The zero stops is easy to set the glass is better than my NSX 5.5 x22x56 very nice all around and tracking is nails so far.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Fred, I love the aesthetics of Leupold. Heck, there's a LOT to like about those. JG is pretty high on them. Once you guys have shaken the bugs out of those, and they have a track record of success, I might be interested. I moved away from Leup some years ago; kept a couple I had that track ok, sold the spastic ones.

For the 6.5 GAP I'm building now I'm currently thinking Bushy 3-12 LRHS or a 3.5-15 NXS... I've got a while to decide as I won't have the barrel & stock for 5-6 months anyway.
I just got a VX 6 that is really a nice scope in the same price point as your Nightforce you should check on out. Very well thought out scope. The zero stops is easy to set the glass is better than my NSX 5.5 x22x56 very nice all around and tracking is nails so far.

Nightforce's NXS line doesn't have that great glass to start with.
The nxs is on par or better than all my Mk 4's but the vx6 is as good to my eye as Swarovski.
All I can say is that as far as variables go, in regards to precision shooting, the only scopes I trust 100% are NF NXS.

Other scopes I trust are FIXED. Mark 4s 10X and 16X, Weaver T and KT series with Micro Trac, and (possibly) SWFA SS.

I am only on my second SWFA SS, if it tracks as well as the first one did, I guess I will give it the stamp of approval of scopes I would recommend to a friend..........
Originally Posted by 10at6
A couple days ago I did a 200 yard test on a 10x SS...on a very accurate 6.5 CM ..Elevation was great but windage flat sucked. This was 16 3x groups at 200 with 1, 2, and 3 mils in the box and I dialed it 2x desired setting and returned before the group. It was hanging up on the windage big time...then jumped.

Not saying this was the case for you, but I've seen that happen with the set-screw turrets slipping on the fixed power scopes when the screws were just school-girl tight. The 3-9 is splined, so can't slip by default.
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
All I can say is that as far as variables go, in regards to precision shooting, the only scopes I trust 100% are NF NXS.

Other scopes I trust are FIXED. Mark 4s 10X and 16X, Weaver T and KT series with Micro Trac, and (possibly) SWFA SS.

I am only on my second SWFA SS, if it tracks as well as the first one did, I guess I will give it the stamp of approval of scopes I would recommend to a friend..........

The SS 3-9's have been dead nuts for me. I also recall Formidilosus mentioning several times that the 3-9's and fixed powers were on his list of all-time most reliable few scopes, and that guy sees a LOT of rounds go down range with a lot of different glass.
I have not used one....
The two SS 3-9's I own have been dead nuts for me also, with the exception of both having poorly glued center/revolution indicators on the elevation turrett. Easily corrected...

David
The two SS 3-9's I own have been dead nuts for me also, with the exception of both having poorly glued center/revolution indicators on the elevation turrett. Easily corrected...

David

I've had to re-glue one, as well. The fixed powers aren't immune either, though.
I have the 3x9 on a 30 06,with excellent results. I also have the 3x15 on my 243. In almost 3 years of being in the truck,and hunting coyotes,( or something else) almost constantly,I have made 1 horizontal adjustment of just 1 click. I dial the crap out of that scope, and it never fails.Made a 1shot kill on a coyote last week at 500 yds under less than ideal conditions to say the least. The scopes are rock solid. If I miss I am certain now that it is pilot error, not the gun or scope.Nice to have that confidence in my equipment.
For the cost of the NXS, my Leupold 3-18 mark 6 whips my NXS's ass in every category. Short, lighter, brighter, tracks true as hell. I doubt I will buy another NSX unless it is the 2.5-10 variant, i absolutely love this mk6
© 24hourcampfire