Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Jeff_O,

When shooting long range if you want to get the most out of glass it always pays to set up your scope so as erectors are centered at the distance you mostly intend to shoot at. When scope erectors are centered your scope works the way it's intended so one can benefit from paying $2000 for glass. Erectors that are far from center can create clarity issues.

If your not really shooting all that far then your spending a f:uckload of $$$ for what a $800 setup would get you.

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Shodd, you are making a giant assumption that JeffhomO actually shoots. He is like the frat boy that bought a jeep, lifted it, slapped on 35's, but has never even been on a dirt road.

He has zero personal experience to speak of, that's why he always talks about what other people have done. Have you ever seen his target pics? Sometimes I look at them before I go to bed and laugh myself to sleep. The tall target "test" was epic!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Shodd, you are making a giant assumption that JeffhomO actually shoots. He is like the frat boy that bought a jeep, lifted it, slapped on 35's, but has never even been on a dirt road.

He has zero personal experience to speak of, that's why he always talks about what other people have done. Have you ever seen his target pics? Sometimes I look at them before I go to bed and laugh myself to sleep. The tall target "test" was epic!

Uber epic

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
JeffZero,

I've given away more glass than you've "got" and can "only" reflect upon the 100's I've shot/owned. Hint. Now I realize,it must be VERY "exciting" for you,to get giddy about (2) scopes and ESPECIALLY at once. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

You be certain to muster as much Imagination and Pretend,that you deem "requisite",to "convince" yourself you've anything bordering even a FIRST Fhuqking Clue. Hint.

Now I've ZERO idea who this EHG Guy is and it's just gotta make his heart soar like an Iggle,that your enthrallment there,consumes you in sucha' manner. Laughing!

Just early today,I conducted a Reupold Box Test and the MK4 M3 3.5-10x SFP Duplex,was simply unwavering in it's inherent abilities. Now you can say you've "seen one"...you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just sayin'. Though you'd need a co-signer for the tape! Laughing!

I was obviously chompin' at the bit,to gun the newest Anschutz 54...as it's plausible that a 1717D HB 17HMR should be fair to middlin',in it's average inherent aptitude. Google it.

Of course I had it bolted up yesterday,with the unequalled DIP 1913 extended 75MOA rail,along with it's (4) D&T fasteners,in conjunction with it's (6) set screws. The rear of the ejection port cutout needed a slight massage,if only because when I commissioned the run with Bob,I plainly stated "22LR ejection ports",because it's easier to open anodized artwork up,rather than try to shrink same. Google it. Laughing!

Anywhoo...with a slight starboard radiused flare,mechanical integrity was ascertained and the only thing lacking was daylight and favorable atmospherics. The first was arranged reliably,as per it's always,but the second is still not in the cards. Undaunted,the New Toy was schlepped to THE Testing Grounds and I had no qualm unveiling the abilities of same,in the conditions present...if only because Reality is handy. Not that you would know. Laughing!

First move was to affix a Harris-S 9-13",as a worst case scenario,upon an unbedded Living Handle,without pillars. While a Dirty "Trick",it do tend to cut to the fhuqking chase. Google it. Hint.

I had in tow(6) different flavors of ammo,if only to grant a "fair shake",should their be an inordinate occurrence. Going MPAJ/Ruck,I snicked the bolt from receiver and whirled erector travel downwards,until it stopped. I then peered the BB-Gun bore and saw target paper surrounding that view at the 100yd line and slid the bolt back into the receiver. Next move was to coax parallax,try to see "through" the mirage and pay heed to the wind. I simply sent one,immediately caught the impact and noted that I was but a trite .5 mil below POA,with the POI. With that impetus,I adjusted the erector .8 Mils and shot another,which struck where I had hoped and then dealt two more into an obscene Aggregate. Fluke of fhuqking flukes,to mechanically center windage and have concentricity connect them dots,though that is how it unfolded,with nary a SINGLE Fhuqking 1/10Mil "click" on windage. I gunned another confirmation trio and spoke over my shoulder to a pard who was watching same unfold through the newly arrived Reupold MK4 Gen2 FFP 12-40x 60mm Spotter...that "this bitch SHOOTS" and he then reaffirmed "NO schit!". Last move on 100yd paper,was to index the ele turret to zero(windage was already there) and see WTF remained in the equation. Turns out,it "only" coughed up 40.2 Mils on the erector,which I then of course buttoned down to the 'stop and gunned a hasty Trifecta that easily dipped into the low .3's,despite the 80.4 Mil roundtrip on the erector. Google it all. Laughing!

ONLY move remaining,was to clock said Fodder and the 17 V-Max only made 2660fps in said spout.(grin) I then returned to the Store where I had purchased same,just earlier in the day and bought every fhuqking box there was. You'd need yet another co-signer. Hint. Laughing!

50.2 Mils of total elevation compensation,don't allow the platform to reach much past the 1000yd line. Now I get it,that ain't NOWHERE near as "soothing" as a SFP 90MOA Float Coat,that's more than halfway burned up...if only because it was the only cardboard box you could open by yourself. Hint. Laughing!

Always enjoy your "version" of Reality,as quantified by the BEST you can "do". Keep them "particulars" and "pictures" coming,because that schit is fhuqking FUNNY!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

'45,

"Perfect" do NOT include a fhuqking 270,nor a Variable of ANY make.

Hint....................

Shodd,

I getta kick outta your reading the directions offa the side of a NyQuil bottle and pawning yourself off as a "Doctor".

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

'223,

Do not slight how REAL,Imagination and Pretend are,to the both of 'em.

Hint.

Laughing!........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
EHG,

You are MEAN. Now I feel compelled to tell Brad,that Jesus is "real".

Laughing!

Sir... You need to cease and desist immediately ... There is certain information that if released to the general public could crush pretend and imagination, possibly creating a cataclysmic ripple which would render tin foil useless... You have been warned...

Originally Posted by Big Stick

Now I've ZERO idea who this EHG Guy is and it's just gotta make his heart soar like an Iggle,that your enthrallment there,consumes you in sucha' manner. Laughing!

I'm in need of a reverse ignore button here as to hide pixels from the offender... The thought of the atrocities while viewing said pixels is nauseating... You Sir are one word away from being placed on ignore and I mean it... Really...

A little advice... Tread lightly with this bunch or you may be challenged to a Duel with Varget filled cases followed by a cage match involving a ladder, baby oil and goose feathers...

The poor [bleep] in Area 51 musta really pissed you off or lost one hell of a bet... Hell, who am I trying to kid, more than likely both...

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You know how much I love you...otherwise I'd of fhuqked you right proper with a Reupold 30mm 4.5-14x M1. Don't go spillin' blood with schit,because it apparently is no longer "fashionable" to actually USE wares,that was made for usin'. Laughing!

I hear through The Grapevine,that Reupold is going back to their Secret Squirrel Ways and contemplating MK4's as being "unsuitable" for the General Public and Military/LEO only. Here's hoping prices skyrocket,so I can unload a herd and go Vortex Baby!

In Erectors We Twist...And Powder We Light.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I already challenged Stick to a baby oil, goose feather cage match many moons ago!

Since then his gentle nature and kind way with words has softened my demeaner and I now fondly lick windows reading his every word to glean some insight.

However once again Stick had to point out I was reading NyQuil bottles trying to play doctor which again sent me back to the drawing board. The only thing I've got going for me is I actually pay attention more than most might think. And though my initial thought was to bring up the cage thing again I've learnt to listen so as I can be more learned. grin

EHG, when Stick called you mean I'm inclined to agree! grin When it comes to understanding rifles however I personally would rate what you pen down first rate. You know 10 times or more what I know without any doubt. As I've learned I believe you've also served and if that is true then I thank you very much for that sir. I grew up with a meaner than a grizzly step father who took out aggression on children as young as 3 months old and likely the reason for my ignorant aggression at times. I don't ever want to disrespect anyone but for obvious reason I feel an unwarranted need to try to defend myself. Im guessing there are likely underlying reasons for your line of work. In reading through and old thread I certainly could see it was I who was way out of line. I apologize for that sir.

Just to be clear my apology is out of respect not fear. Scared folk don't do what you do for a living and they don't climb into cages with some of the meanest men in the nation either.

Scared people shoot long like a girl like this Tanner fella. grin

I challenged him to a hiking contest and a cage match. What the hell is wrong with some people's kids! crazy

All in all I'm going to try to be a little more civil and less obnoxious.

If anybody doesn't like it then GFY! cool

Shod

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Shodd
I already challenged Stick to a baby oil, goose feather cage match many moons ago!

Since then his gentle nature and kind way with words has softened my demeaner and I now fondly lick windows reading his every word to glean some insight.

However once again Stick had to point out I was reading NyQuil bottles trying to play doctor which again sent me back to the drawing board. The only thing I've got going for me is I actually pay attention more than most might think. And though my initial thought was to bring up the cage thing again I've learnt to listen so as I can be more learned. grin

EHG, when Stick called you mean I'm inclined to agree! grin When it comes to understanding rifles however I personally would rate what you pen down first rate. You know 10 times or more what I know without any doubt. As I've learned I believe you've also served and if that is true then I thank you very much for that sir. I grew up with a meaner than a grizzly step father who took out aggression on children as young as 3 months old and likely the reason for my ignorant aggression at times. I don't ever want to disrespect anyone but for obvious reason I feel an unwarranted need to try to defend myself. Im guessing there are likely underlying reasons for your line of work. In reading through and old thread I certainly could see it was I who was way out of line. I apologize for that sir.

Just to be clear my apology is out of respect not fear. Scared folk don't do what you do for a living and they don't climb into cages with some of the meanest men in the nation either.

Scared people shoot long like a girl like this Tanner fella. grin

I challenged him to a hiking contest and a cage match. What the hell is wrong with some people's kids! crazy

All in all I'm going to try to be a little more civil and less obnoxious.

Shod

Shodd, I have never hiked, shot a rifle, or fought, but my expertise is telling me you've got all the fight you can handle just fighting for air with your head so far up your ass. The pain and lack of oxygen has gotta' be unbearable... My prayers are with you...

Tanner

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Tanner
I already challenged Stick to a baby oil, goose feather cage match many moons ago!...//...All in all I'm going to try to be a little more civil and less obnoxious.

Shod

Shodd, I have never hiked, shot a rifle, or fought, but my expertise is telling me you've got all the fight you can handle just fighting for air with your head so far up your ass. The pain and lack of oxygen has gotta' be unbearable... My prayers are with you...

Tanner

ZIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGG!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Prayers sent.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Tanner

Tanner, my expertise is telling me you have a hard time breathing with cock rammed down your little girly throat most of the time. I'm assuming while your already down there on your knees slurping would be a perfect time to offer up that prayer.

Shod

Last edited by Shodd; 06/15/16.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Tanner

Tanner, my expertise is telling me you have a hard time breathing with cock rammed down your little girly throat most of the time. I'm assuming while your already down there on your knees slurping would be a perfect time to offer up that prayer.

Shod

Shodd,

Has GOTTA be a very "rewarding" day for you,to FINALLY be able to use you cock sucking expertise in public and wield it with such certainty. Congratulations?!?

You "lucky" kchunt!

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Tanner

Shod

Laughing... That's one way to come absolutely sprinting out of the closet; referring to your cock sucking experience... I cannot comment on such but you seem to have the whole process dialed in so I'll leave that to you...

I don't wanna' internet argue with you, Shodd ol' buddy ol' pal.... You should be relaxing and recovering with your family after what happened to you in that night club in Orlando... I was just so relieved to hear you made it through...

Tanner

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Careful guys, all this cock talk is going to cause JeffhomO to start posting feverishly again...then magnumdoosh and Brad will chime in talking about old times.

A
aheider Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Tanner,

Are you still running a SWFA on your rifle?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yessir... I've been using the same 10x for a couple years, it's been on a few different rigs... Used it this year on a 6.5 SAUM and then stuck it on a 7 Rem Mag... Will likely upgrade to a NF here soon, however...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tanner

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Blow it out of your ass Bitchkisser.

A
aheider Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Yessir... I've been using the same 10x for a couple years, it's been on a few different rigs... Used it this year on a 6.5 SAUM and then stuck it on a 7 Rem Mag... Will likely upgrade to a NF here soon, however...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tanner

Nice! I'm going to run the 3-9 this year assuming no issues during summer testing. Fairly confident I can find some decent test subjects this fall. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The brown truck came yesterday, and I got this mounted up.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Tanner

Tanner,

That's a damn nice deer!

David

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (29aholic, 12344mag, 1badf350, 222Sako, 10ring1, 270cowboy, 43 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,009
Posts18,520,615
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.