Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Click - what's a click I am looking for Boolits!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Terryk
I do want to say that Midway donated 20,000 dollars to our college team three years ago. No strings attached,

Solid move. Things like this need to be acknowledged and admired.

Kudos Midway.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Never had any trouble with Midway and use em all the time, did have a big cat bud get me a number for the executive office about two years ago, called em and said "you guys gotta cut the bullchit on the shipping gouging, it's not nice to treat your customers that way, it shouldn't leave a foul taste in a customers mouth at the conclusion of an order when he/she hears the shipping charges"

I like em.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Been a Midway customer for over twenty five years, even had breakfast with Larry a time or two at the DSC convention. When they started their "smart Post" program, I ordered a box of Woodleigh 480gr 450 NE bullets that come in a cardboard box.

Some genius in their shipping dept stuffed them in a padded envelope. Suffice to say, when i got them they box was completely destroyed and a there was a hole in the envelope and it was missing three bullets. I wrote and called to suggest they put them in a box next time (like everyone else does) and of course nothing happened. Next I ordered some Hornady bullets; sameshit different day. I wrote Larry a nice note and told him to have a nice day. Haven't ordered from them since...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some time ago,I also cut out Midway from my doing business with them.

I use Graf almost exclusively now and I've been very impressed with their customer service and their pricing.

Steve

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have been buying from Midway since their flyer was a sheet of paper.Right now they probably have the cheapest shipping going and most orders are here in three days.MidSouth had good prices on Varmint bullets so does Shooters Pro Shop.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Went back and double checked to see if I am a simpleton (thanks edm). Nope, there used to be a choice on drop down menu top right that allowed you to see bullets by manufacturer alphabetically. That option has been removed. Yes, you can search for one specific bullet. Yes, you can look at each manufacturers bullets by going back to the menu on left side but that takes forever when looking to scroll thru all brands when not looking for a specific bullet but trying to find something to fill a purpose. Every time I go to Midway the website seems to work differently.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I spend money at Midway just to thank Potterfield for making and putting such good gunsmithing videos on youtube.

Rich old guys can go around giving every nice person a new Cadillac, but it will not make anyone any happier. It just makes problems for the giver AND the receiver.

Potterfield putting that effort into videos, has found a way to give that works.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those videos are great if you are into half-assed solutions...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 86thecat
Went back and double checked to see if I am a simpleton (thanks edm). Nope, there used to be a choice on drop down menu top right that allowed you to see bullets by manufacturer alphabetically. That option has been removed. Yes, you can search for one specific bullet. Yes, you can look at each manufacturers bullets by going back to the menu on left side but that takes forever when looking to scroll thru all brands when not looking for a specific bullet but trying to find something to fill a purpose. Every time I go to Midway the website seems to work differently.

open google.
Type "midwayusa"
click on "midwayusa"
type "bullets" in search box
scroll down looking on left hand side of page
click on "brand"
chose from "armcor", "barnes", or "berger" etc. by checking in the box next to them.

You will now see a complete display of that brand

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Went back and double checked to see if I am a simpleton (thanks edm). Nope, there used to be a choice on drop down menu top right that allowed you to see bullets by manufacturer alphabetically. That option has been removed.

Good Lord, the drop down menu is still there.

1. shop by department
2. reloading supplies
3. Bullets
4. Brand.....

No disrespect meant here, but it don't get any easier.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I just received an order from Midway, a large box (5 ft x 1.5 ft x 6 Inches). I had ordered several items, mostly small stuff but did have a 40" cleaning rod in the box with 4 boxes of bullet of which 1 had busted open and 7mm bullets were loose in the big box. Somebody needs to be fired for the way that order was packaged.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Went back and double checked to see if I am a simpleton (thanks edm). Nope, there used to be a choice on drop down menu top right that allowed you to see bullets by manufacturer alphabetically. That option has been removed.

1. shop by department
2. reloading supplies
3. Bullets
4. Brand.....

They changed sort by menu, removed the option that I found most useful. OK, so I am an idiot dinosaur. Thanks, will just use an old dinosaur site like Grafs that doesn't change their site navigation every month. Sorry to bother ya all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
86thecat,
you are not an idiot.
There are two types of engineers:
1) Those that get stuck, and then ask for help.
2) Those that get stuck, and stay that way.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Oh my

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Always had great service out of Smilin' Larry.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wow.....someone needs to toss an alligator into the gorilla exhibit. cry

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
86, Can't fathom what you are talking about - still.

Midway's site is super easy to locate stuff and it's been functionally the same for years, it has not changed monthly.

I'd suggest something along the lines of: "Thanks guys for the tip, not sure why I missed that but I hadn't had my coffee yet... Dohhh."

Happy shopping!

Originally Posted by Kenneth

1. shop by department
2. reloading supplies
3. Bullets
4. Brand.....

They changed sort by menu, removed the option that I found most useful. OK, so I am an idiot dinosaur. Thanks, will just use an old dinosaur site like Grafs that doesn't change their site navigation every month. Sorry to bother ya all.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cra1948
I've always had good results/service from Midway...got a Timney 510 from them just last week...I find their site easy to navigate and their service exemplary.

I never had an issue with Midway. When they say Nitro-Express shipping, they mean just that. I get stuff from them that should take much long than it does.

The weak link is the minimally-trained, third-grade literacy apes that work for the local airlines.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Placed two Orders with them within the last Week. Both shipped the same day, got $16 off an $80 order just by punching in a Promo Code. I have good luck with them.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 12 invisible), 1,526 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.