Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
wyoelk Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I need to apologize for my comments concerning Orlando PD actions. I was under the false assumption they hid in the parking lot for three hours. Clearly this wasn't the case and the first guys on scene did go through that door.

My thanks to those men and my apologies to those offended by my uneducated remarks.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not offended here. We know that there are all kinds of reactions in a group drawn from society. Especially in organizations that are run by political appointees.

But you a Man to offer up that apology. Most folks would sulk and wander away.

It seems we are all capable of biting at media bait, and jumping to conclusions before everything is known.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Not offended here. We know that there are all kinds of reactions in a group drawn from society. Especially in organizations that are run by political appointees.

It seems we are all capable of biting at media bait, and jumping to conclusions before everything is known.

That is a for certain truth Ranger Green.
But, it's the campfire way to jump to conclusions.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
That's the beauty of the campfire. When something happens around the country, there is usually someone from that part of the country that knows more than what the media spoon feeds us.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I don't believe I ever mentioned a thing about the timing of the cops and haven't said much about Orlando at all but I do believe the media hyped a 3 hour lag time as significant so the concept didn't originate on the 'Fire.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I thought it was accepted practice for the majority of people on the 'Fire to talk out of their ass before they knew all of information.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks, but I wasn't offended. I just wanted the argument to be FAIR, instead of the usual cop-hating suspects here taking their usual ready fire aim approach to issues...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I thought it was accepted practice for the majority of people on the 'Fire to talk out of their ass before they knew all of information.

That's certainly my preference.
whistle

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Thanks, but I wasn't offended. I just wanted the argument to be FAIR, instead of the usual cop-hating suspects here taking their usual ready fire aim approach to issues...

The cop haters here form a circle prior to ready fire aim.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The apology is a good thing - and the comments here about hasty conclusions and judgements are keen. Too much of that.

OTOH, in this case, it looks like the FBI and the local police played it way too close too the vest by witholding solid info on some things (maybe too concerned with self-protection). I think the local guys would have better served themselves and their public by releasing an early and concise timeline explanation of the key events and their role in those.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Having been on the receiving side of a one-sided media that only sensationalizes things to sell stories, it hurts. It hurt's families, it hurt's friends. It hurts everyone.

Our media falls short of telling the WHOLE truth most of the time. They only tell half truths and tell only the portions of the story that will capture the attention of the gullible public. Most everything is told out of context. Whatever is takes to sell the story.

When inaccurate stories are brought out into the open, and the media is threated with a liable suit, they then place a retraction on page 17 in some local newspaper that they own. In a spot so inconspicuous that no one will ever see it.

My admiration to both of you.

One for being a man and offering up an apology, and the other for being a man and gracious enough to accept the apology.

In my eyes, you're both what we call a true Gentleman.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

There, fixed it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC

OTOH, in this case, it looks like the FBI and the local police played it way too close too the vest by witholding solid info on some things (maybe too concerned with self-protection). I think the local guys would have better served themselves and their public by releasing an early and concise timeline explanation of the key events and their role in those.

I am sure the people planning the next event would appreciate that intel as well.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

I am sure the people planning the next event would appreciate that intel as well.

You can be as sure as you prefer, but I didn't suggest that LEOs reveal any preventive plans or general incident strategies that would aid those possibly planning other attacks - and I don't think that the public in general is seeking such.

I support law enforcement folks pretty much across the board, but cannot trust all of them, and some folks have become sick and tired of the silly power/politico games that get played by some top cops. On day one after the event, they simply could have stated something like:

"this number of our officers arrived at such a time, engaged the bad guy with gunfire but did not get him, and he retreated to a bathroom with hostages. We took advantage of his being holed up and making a call on the 911 line and were able to get some folks out of the other parts of the club during that time. When all options had been considered and best plans made, at such a time we rammed holes in the restroom portion of the building, some hostages escaped and we were able to kill the bad guy".

Do you not believe that local police agency, along with its public, would have been better served by having done so? It sure could have evaporated a lot of speculative atmsophere.

If some strategic "intel" is revealed in that statement, kindly identify it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

You can be as sure as you prefer, but I didn't suggest that LEOs reveal any preventive plans or general incident strategies that would aid those possibly planning other attacks - and I don't think that the public in general is seeking such.

I support law enforcement folks pretty much across the board, but cannot trust all of them, and some folks have become sick and tired of the silly power/politico games that get played by some top cops. On day one after the event, they simply could have stated something like:

"this number of our officers arrived at such a time, engaged the bad guy with gunfire but did not get him, and he retreated to a bathroom with hostages. We took advantage of his being holed up and making a call on the 911 line and were able to get some folks out of the other parts of the club during that time. When all options had been considered and best plans made, at such a time we rammed holes in the restroom portion of the building, some hostages escaped and we were able to kill the bad guy".

Do you not believe that local police agency, along with its public, would have been better served by having done so? It sure could have evaporated a lot of speculative atmsophere.

The did release a timeline of events. I believe it was the next day. Jorge posted the statement by the sheriff outlining the events

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
None from that statement, but that wouldn't make anyone happy anyway. Whether the public is really served by giving additional information (feel good versus reality) is a matter of debate.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12

The did release a timeline of events. I believe it was the next day. Jorge posted the statement by the sheriff outlining the events

gitem - I'm not hot on this, but pretty good memory says that what they released the next day was very sketchy - start time, tiny info on an off-duty cop security guard's initial role, about a 3 hour unexplained gap, and then said that a swat team went in and got the guy. The more fulsome stuff came out no sooner than the third day as I remember - could have the timing off some. I stay with the thought - playing it too close to the vest fueled the speculation, among other things.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
None from that statement, but that wouldn't make anyone happy anyway. Whether the public is really served by giving additional information (feel good versus reality) is a matter of debate.

Sure. it's a matter of debate but that does not validate your assumption about "not happy". I may not matter, but would have been much more pleased if they had done something sensible like that. Good, solid, honest information IS REALITY.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Have you considered seeking some professional help for these delusions of grandeur you're experiencing ?

Man, I hope I never have to fall off a horse as high as what you seem to have your azz perched up on.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Owl

Having been on the receiving side of a one-sided media that only sensationalizes things to sell stories, it hurts. It hurt's families, it hurt's friends. It hurts everyone.

Our media falls short of telling the WHOLE truth most of the time. They only tell half truths and tell only the portions of the story that will capture the attention of the gullible public. Most everything is told out of context. Whatever is takes to sell the story.

When inaccurate stories are brought out into the open, and the media is threated with a liable suit, they then place a retraction on page 17 in some local newspaper that they own. In a spot so inconspicuous that no one will ever see it.

My admiration to both of you.

One for being a man and offering up an apology, and the other for being a man and gracious enough to accept the apology.

In my eyes, you're both what we call a true Gentleman.

Jeff

Stated perfectly. Nothing I could add to this.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (160user, 16gage, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,772 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,302
Posts18,525,996
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.