Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am grateful I never got into drugs and never became an alcoholic. I have alcoholics on both sides of my family for at least two generations but I never liked the feeling of being out of control or the feeling of being high. Drugs were around from the time I was in my early teen but they never tempted me. I even hate too take pain meds stronger than aspirin.

I have no idea what daemons this young woman faced, never walked in her shoes. I just hate the thought of her young life lost.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Folks drink alcohol and don't become alcoholics, people smoke pot and don't ruin their lives, people can recreate with drugs and not become addicted, millions do and have done just that.
It's the people's choice, and in today world of warnings and rehab help, there is no real excuse other than that is where they choose to be.

Still sad to see people do that to themselves/

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When my kids were in their late teens I took them down to skid row in Vancouver BC several times and showed them what it could be like if thats what they chose.
We are all one step away from that type of life, actually there are lots of very educated people living that lifestyle, my brother was one of them.

He had a subcription to Time magazine, but lived on the street, my family and I cried enough tears but it did no good, I fuggin hate drugs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EdM
Useless POS is dead. Who really cares here?
I do. She was somebody's child. I have a daughter. Most of all, I'm a Christian and Jesus would have me care.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Unfortunately we have some POS on this forum who make comments to get attention. Best thing to do is to put them on ignore.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Unfortunately we have some POS on this forum who make comments to get attention. Best thing to do is to put them on ignore.
You're correct, but EdM isn't one of them. Frankly his comment surprised me. Everybody is welcome to their own opinion.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I care too. That was somebody's daughter who they cherished and loved as I cherish and love my girl. That was a baby 22 years ago with parents who had hopes and dreams that did not include suicidal hanging.

God's peace to all involved.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Useless POS is dead. Who really cares here?
I was wondering how long it would take someone to make an idiotic statement here. Congrats, EdM you win that title. Who cares? Perhaps her parents, or her grand parents, siblings, or maybe the neighborhood kids she grew up with. How 'bout the cops and paramedics who had to deal with this? I wonder if anyone will "care" when you pass? If they read your callous post here, fewer of them will. Get off your high horse and quit passing judgement on others. If this was your daughter, would you care? I'm guessing you would.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
I am grateful I never got into drugs and never became an alcoholic. I have alcoholics on both sides of my family for at least two generations but I never liked the feeling of being out of control or the feeling of being high. Drugs were around from the time I was in my early teen but they never tempted me. I even hate too take pain meds stronger than aspirin.

I have no idea what daemons this young woman faced, never walked in her shoes. I just hate the thought of her young life lost.
I watched my beloved father die from alcoholism. Even back in the days when I was running the bar scene with my buddies, I knew that just wasn't for me. I guess watching my dad die kept me clean. Whatever the case, it's such a shame to see young folks headed down this disastrous path.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I care too. That was somebody's daughter who they cherished and loved as I cherish and love my girl. That was a baby 22 years ago with parents who had hopes and dreams that did not include suicidal hanging.

+1
Life is full of minefields when you're young. EdM has apparently been lucky enough, along with all those he loves to have avoided them. Some aren't so fortunate.

John

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by gunswizard
You're correct, but EdM isn't one of them. Frankly his comment surprised me. Everybody is welcome to their own opinion.
Yeah, but statements like he made don't exactly endear him to the rank and file here.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I bet not many would be licking her crotch if she was a Syrian refugee that bought the heroin with her 'relocation' money.

We make choices in life.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
A lot of people may have cared but she chose to do the drugs , refused to stop , and chose to hang herself. I can't blame anyone but me for the time I spent drinking my life away it was I who chose to stop. I have little pity for the woman. Her life is what she chose to make of it and when to end it.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I bet not many would be licking her crotch if she was a Syrian refugee that bought the heroin with her 'relocation' money.

We make choices in life.

Yep, we do make choices. Your's is to be a douchbag daily.

John

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by john843
Originally Posted by Steelhead

We make choices in life.

Yep, we do make choices. Your's is to be a douchbag daily.

John

Your wife talking again?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's hard to understand how casually young people of today turn to opiates.

Even back in my rather mis-spent youth, everybody in my then wide circle of friends knew that opiates were a bridge not to cross.

Today, it's everywhere and people seem to have no qualms about playing Russian Roulette with it.

I too agree with this, yeah we got some beer once and awhile and maybe a half pint of Segrams between the five of us that were tight, but not drugs of any kind.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
sorta sad, but in reality, just another life style choice gone awry. Life is full of choices.

Sam......

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by john843
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

+1
Life is full of minefields when you're young. EdM has apparently been lucky enough, along with all those he loves to have avoided them. Some aren't so fortunate.

John

Luck, that's some funny sheit, you must have been raised Baptist.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
At least I was raised.

John

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This young woman, for what ever reason felt the need to escape reality with heroin. Hanging herself was the ultimate escape from reality.
aajim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,944
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.