Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Adopt your grandson.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hold her under the water until she quits bubbling.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Great news ..... she caved. Common sense finally kicked in. He was so excited, he cried..... that's Papa's boy..... Thanks again .....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mailmanmark
Great news ..... she caved. Common sense finally kicked in. He was so excited, he cried..... that's Papa's boy..... Thanks again .....

Great news!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

It is great news! Pictures my man, pictures!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The big grin on the boys face is worth a million!

It's possible she felt slighted in some way if you didn't include her in the gun shooting lesson, for that you could apologize. HOWEVER, make it clear there is no way to deny learning to respect firearms, and learning firearm safety is an important lesson a young man needs to learn just like using a knife, ax, chainsaw, etc.

You should gently point out how she crushed her son's feeling of accomplishment, and that she should be proud of him and his demonstrated skill. You can explain that she should express her fears and concerns in an open conversation with her son, and realize he is growing up and needs to learn important life lessons in order to not make mistakes. Who is going to have these difficult discussions with him? Wouldn't she rather have him learn responsibility from a man she knows rather than from friends. Guns are just one little thing. There will need to be conversations about drinking, drugs, girls, etc. and at about the age he is now.(maybe not everything but...) They start "learning" a lot younger than parents want to believe. Goes for daughters too.

I started with my boys at 4 years old. At eight they knew gun safety and understood the devastating difference between T.V. and real life. That understanding is what saves lives.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The scenario.... I come from a long line of war veterans... WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Desert Storm. I vividly remember sitting in my grandfathers lap shooting his Jap rifle he acquired while on Iwo Jima. So, we have a long history of shooting.
My grandson, who is now 8, finally expressed an interest in shooting. So, I called my cousin and off to the range we went. This was a big deal as the only prior shooting instruction he had was on his BB gun. He was very intentive, eagerly listened, and excited to boot. I am a stickler for safety. NO excuses. After all the instruction and practicing, we went to live fire of a Ruger 10/22, a Buckmark .22 and finally an AR. For an 8yr old, he listened very well. I could not of been more proud of him. Even other members of the club commended him on how well he did. His smiles are forever engraved in my memory. Now the problem.
When we got home he was so excited to tell his mother what he did and how much he learned and the fun he had. The poor little guy was met with outrage. Then I get it. My daughter seems to forget how she was raised. She never shared the interest in firearms unlike her younger sister. Firearms and hunting were always a way of life in the household. She chastised this poor child telling him he was too young and he should not be doing this at his age. She crushed his excitement.
So, how do I go about changing my daugters mind with out wringing her neck or shoving my boot up her Liberal ass?
Sam is a good boy. You can see by his expressions how much he enjoyed himself. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Since she is his mother and you are not then it not your decision to make...when he hits eighteen he can make up his own mind.

Then you can take him shooting.

And to the others that are advocating ignoring his mother's wishes...way to go in undermining the family.

Added...I see you got your way.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,307
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.