Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just polling for those of you who dabble in the market.

I say if it drops to a total of 10% from 18,meaning to 16.2, then it is time to start thinking about it. I am usually a DCA/time guy, but the few times I have leveraged the short, it has worked out pretty good. Though, in those times, the drop was much larger than 10%. But since nothing is paying anything nowadays, I am thinking what the heck.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looking pretty "toppy" to me on the chart. Plus, I'm terrified of getting in when some day all the FED artificial stimulus is gonna go away.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
Looking pretty "toppy" to me on the chart. Plus, I'm terrified of getting in when some day all the FED artificial stimulus is gonna go away.

How long have you not been in?

To the OP, the market bumped up 230 yesterday under the belief the answer would be "in" then dropped 610 today for a net of 380 so not startling in my view. I would be surprised to see such a drop as you suggest. We shall see. I am staying positioned as I am.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
funny how the MSM doesn't mention the uptick from yesterday,only today's drop.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Relax folks, it is all smoke and mirrors.

The big boys will use this burp as a buying oppurtunity, the little guys will get screwed as usual.

It will be normal in a few days.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'm buying XOM as it went down today. also bought S&P 1000.

Markets will likely sink more next week and then stabilize for a time. I'm leaving my 401(K) alone.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I sort wonder about the impact on the financial stocks as I don't know if the banks are holding loans in Euros or sterling and how that will sort out exactly like wise it could be an issue for the common man as how are their savings being held/ valued. It would be a bummer to have to pay off your mortgage or car loan if your savings devalued significantly to the currency your debt is valued in or to be holding bonds that are devalued for the currency fluctuation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
17.5x times earning is still pretty high, especially for a low/no growth market that is in year 7 of a bull run.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
France, Italy and the Netherlands also want a vote on 'going'.... I think the Italians want a vote on dividing EU north and south!?!?!? Rich to the North, commoners in the South. Europe is going to be a mess for a while. IMHO

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Historically, buy!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The Brexit miracle will be a boon to the markets by the end of the year. It will finally show that there can be a light at the end of the tunnel for Europeans, and will create optimism going into Christmas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Definitely a buying opportunity. Read a bit on Seeking Alpha for ideas

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TBREW401

The big boys will use this burp as a buying oppurtunity, the little guys will get screwed as usual.

That post should be printed as a textbook for a college econ class.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
In a word...Yes.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
As noted, I am sitting and as a broke retiree will sit tight near term.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
To each his own but about the only stocks I would be buying would be gun stocks.
RGR and SWHC.

I think with the current state of world affairs that the Markets are going to be making some wild swings ,both up and down.

I also think that with the current state of World affairs,the possible election of Hillary with her stance on gun control,with people fearing ,and rightfully so,more attacks by Islam that the future of the gun stocks looks especially Good.

At least that is how I see it ,and putting my money where my mouth is.

Put yours where YOU want to.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

N
N
So, what are your thoughts about GDX, GDXJ, SIL and GLD? Also,I actually have several of those "evil black guns" that I was going to sell. Think I'll wait till after the election. ;^)

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot

The Fed stopped the stimulus the fall of 2014

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by TBREW401

That post should be printed as a textbook for a college econ class.

Incredible, the only ingredient your "big boys" have over you is knowledge, and the desire to be good at what they do. The average American can have the exact information they have, the information can be purchased just like insurance, some people buy insurance and others just complain how expensive it is.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I agree with 17 average p/e on S&P, there are a few with much lower current and forward p/e's. MET,BG are a few examples but you really have to dig deep for any. For what it's worth the small and mid cap have a lot of lower p/e companies, and many have most or all of their earning come from USA which eliminates the currency head wind. A few examples are CALM, SAFM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,727
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.