Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Doing some reading this morning and along with the issues of a open convention and the obvious efforts to "Dump Trump" it now appears that major operations are refusing to sponsor the convention because of Trump.

http://thehill.com/opinion/juan-williams/284939-juan-williams-gop-sounds-the-sirens-over-trump

In addition, major companies such as Apple, JPMorgan and Ford are declining to help sponsor the Republican convention, in order to put distance between themselves and Trump. And there is also the prospect of a rebellion of GOP convention delegates to prevent Trump from officially becoming the party’s presidential nominee.

A partial list includes:

MetLife Inc.

Walgreens

Hewlett Packard Inc.

JPMorgan Chase & Co.

UPS

Motorola

Wells Fargo & Co.

Ford Motor Co.

Coca-Cola

Microsoft
Apple

“If a party could declare moral bankruptcy, today’s Republican Party would be in Chapter 11,” Tom Friedman wrote. “I know so many thoughtful conservatives who know it matters. One of them has got to start… a center-right party liberated from all the Trump birthers, the Sarah Palins, the Grover Norquists, the Sean Hannitys, the Rush Limbaughs, the gun lobby, the oil lobby and every other narrow-interest group, a party that redefines a principled conservatism.”

As Friedman suggests, the real problem here is that the GOP has sold off so many pieces of itself to niche constituencies, it is no longer a coherent party.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've met the CEO/owner of Walgreens, he has a ranch in Duval county. His kids get up in the morning and hop their private jet to get flown to school.

I doubt that is correct.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Doing some reading this morning and along with the issues of a open convention and the obvious efforts to "Dump Trump" it now appears that major operations are refusing to sponsor the convention because of Trump.

http://thehill.com/opinion/juan-williams/284939-juan-williams-gop-sounds-the-sirens-over-trump

In addition, major companies such as Apple, JPMorgan and Ford are declining to help sponsor the Republican convention, in order to put distance between themselves and Trump. And there is also the prospect of a rebellion of GOP convention delegates to prevent Trump from officially becoming the party’s presidential nominee.

A partial list includes:

MetLife Inc.

Walgreens

Hewlett Packard Inc.

JPMorgan Chase & Co.

UPS

Motorola

Wells Fargo & Co.

Ford Motor Co.

Coca-Cola

Microsoft
Apple

“If a party could declare moral bankruptcy, today’s Republican Party would be in Chapter 11,” Tom Friedman wrote. “I know so many thoughtful conservatives who know it matters. One of them has got to start… a center-right party liberated from all the Trump birthers, the Sarah Palins, the Grover Norquists, the Sean Hannitys, the Rush Limbaughs, the gun lobby, the oil lobby and every other narrow-interest group, a party that redefines a principled conservatism.”

As Friedman suggests, the real problem here is that the GOP has sold off so many pieces of itself to niche constituencies, it is no longer a coherent party.

Don't you have some gladiator movies to watch ??

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I respect your opinion and I don't know other than what I read but I have seen it on 2 different sites. Here is the other link...

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/companies-wont-fund-gop-convention

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It might be informative[for you] to look at how much these Co's have donated to your ol' HAG. wink

FJB & FJT
IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Norman:

Does this not bother you or are ok that a large segment of the country including many conservatives are pulling back from Trump?

I have mentioned numerous times that I feel Trump is a "Plant" working with the Clintons to gut the GOP and the closer we get to the general election the more true this looks.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

I have mentioned numerous times that I feel Trump is a "Plant" working with the Clintons to gut the GOP .

But you don't really believe it.

It's just one of those lies you tell.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
that's a good starter list of who Trump should list when he's telling Americans who they should and should not support with their income.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Doing some reading this morning

There's a stretch...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Doing some reading this morning

There's a stretch...

See Walt Run.

Run Walt, Run.

FJB & FJT
IC B3

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Lotta banks and insurance companies on that list (I believe UPS is near the top in $ spent in DC)

Looks like they see their lobbying influence jeopardized with a trump win in the general.

Don't over think it Walt...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I have mentioned numerous times that I feel Trump is a "Plant" working with the Clintons to gut the GOP .

But you don't really believe it.

It's just one of those lies you tell.

So far, I've found no way to refute it. Time will tell I suppose.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You need to concern yourself with the trouble lieberals will be in when decent people get thoroughly fed up with their traitorous and immoral crap. That day will come, and likely soon.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by KFWA
that's a good starter list of who Trump should list when he's telling Americans who they should and should not support with their income.

So....If a company refuses to support a politician the company should be punished? Are you listening to yourself?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by KFWA

So....If a company refuses to support a politician the company should be punished? Are you listening to yourself?

If a company refuses to represent my interests, I won't represent its interests.

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I believe I used the term "Manchurian Candidate" as early as last August. I am not a Tin Foil hat type but yes I think this was a plan hatched by the Clintons and Trump. ///

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Hopefully all are now aware that Republican's, Democrats and big business are all joined at the hip......and they ain't letting any lippy outsider get a key to the club house......

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I am not a Tin Foil hat type .

No,...you're a Bolshevik.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Can we count on you to 'alaxit' soon?
Canada seems like your kinda place.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add
Don't over think it Walt...

Walt would be incapable of overthinking anything... even earthworm logic would blow his fuse...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,470 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,593
Posts18,492,188
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.