Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Brad
I mostly take Talley Lwt "failures" with a grain of salt. I've had in excess of 20 pairs of Talley Lwt's and have never, ever had an issue. But I do lap them and do use a Torque Wrench.

We do live in a material world and materials do fail...

Brad, counting sets I'm not using currently, I am in the realm of 10 sets. Love them for their simplicity. Some of the gyrations guys are going through, to use something else (cough Jordan cough smile ) astound me, but then maybe I'm easily astounded these days. grin

Mounted a Swaro Z3 (oh good Lord!) in Talley LW's ((holy crap!) on my .358 (ho jeez!) Model 7 (I think those at least are Skookum?) last night as part of the major facelift that rifle is undergoing. Perfection.

I don't use a torque wrench when installing them. I work with small fine threads in aluminum a lot (making parts with 60 tapped 8-32 holes today for instance) and have a good feel for "tight". A torque wrench wouldn't suck. Ever seen those little preset ones made for tightening seat post clamps on carbon-fiber bike frames? Something like that would be kinda cool.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry- it wasn't flattery; it was mockery.

Carry on.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Brad
I mostly take Talley Lwt "failures" with a grain of salt. I've had in excess of 20 pairs of Talley Lwt's and have never, ever had an issue. But I do lap them and do use a Torque Wrench.

We do live in a material world and materials do fail...

Brad, counting sets I'm not using currently, I am in the realm of 10 sets. Love them for their simplicity. Some of the gyrations guys are going through, to use something else (cough Jordan cough smile ) astound me, but then maybe I'm easily astounded these days. grin

Mounted a Swaro Z3 (oh good Lord!) in Talley LW's ((holy crap!) on my .358 (ho jeez!) Model 7 (I think those at least are Skookum?) last night as part of the major facelift that rifle is undergoing. Perfection.

I don't use a torque wrench when installing them. I work with small fine threads in aluminum a lot (making parts with 60 tapped 8-32 holes today for instance) and have a good feel for "tight". A torque wrench wouldn't suck. Ever seen those little preset ones made for tightening seat post clamps on carbon-fiber bike frames? Something like that would be kinda cool.

Jeff,

To the contrary, I've long been sold on the idea of eccentric inserts, both for elevation gain as well as windage correction, and have been using Burris Signature rings for years and years. I've run Talleys on Kimbers simply to save a bit of weight, but have seen zero's bobble with them, so I'm back to Signature rings on those rifles, despite the couple of ounces I suffer as a penalty. I'm always open to trying new things and finding better mousetraps wink

But I've always wished they would come out with a pic/Weaver-style Signature ring that was built a little more durable/beefy than the Zee ring. When the XTR Signature came out, I was excited to give it a try, but haven't seen them locally until now. So far, I'm thinking they're the cat's meow for a rig where I'm not counting ounces, such as the Kimber 7WSM. My Kimber 7-08, which has taken on the primary role of chasing sheep in the mountains with me, will still wear Sig Zee's for now until I figure out a better option, simply because they're a few ounces lighter than the XTR Sig, and still offer a 20 MOA cant. That and the recoil of the 7-08 is fairly gentle and scope-friendly.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Nice looking setup Jordan.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jordan, yeah, I like the Zee/eccentrics reasonably well; I'be been using them for years with the Zeiss Fishwhacker and I still am. I did have an issue with the scope sliding forward under recoil. I cranked the screws down as tight as I could- literally- and that's what it took to make it stop happening.

I was, of course, just pitching a little friendly "sitting at the campfire" crap... but I will say there does seem to be an outbreak of "excursionitis" in these parts, with symptoms including doing some things *I* wouldn't do, to gain a few mil's of reach that to my mind has no practical value... such as shimming bases, or running a rail that puts the scope way up high. But, we are all entitled to our own OCD's, right? smile

Got my .358 all back together last night (got the barrel re-profiled, among other things) and I'm dying to shoot it. Also have a Devious Plan for my 7-08 Mountain Rifle... also involves cuttin' metal... the fun is very much in the chase, eh?

(See how I threw an "eh" in there?) grin

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Brad, counting sets I'm not using currently, I am in the realm of 10 sets.

Wow, counting something you're not using is a hell of a test! The only thing you use is your imagination...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jordan,

She'll ride there and stay where you wish. The 1913 Rail Chop is a favorite,due the ring spacing and latitude in base/ring melding.

Still hungchow with ImageShack being filtered...but 'Horn rings on a LSS chassis do not suck.................

JeffZero,

I enjoy the Delusion,that your being a CLUELESS Piece Of Fhuqking Schit and a Goldfish Rancher,is all part of a keen "plot" to "mock" me. Congratulations?!?

You poor poor(literally) STUPID Fhuqk. Laughing!

Here's to the perpetual HILARITY of you doing your "best" and being able to convince "all" 17 of your IQ points,that you have a first fhuqking clue and REALLY "get after it". I'm fhuqking crying...I'm laughing sooooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!

There is an "outbreak" of Reality,that conjoins Today's boolits,barrels,mounting systems,sighting systems and LRF's,that reliably arrange possibilities that exceed your "means","abilities" or "comprehension" and it is funnier than fhuqk,that you wield being a CLUELESS Turd Polishing DUMBfhuqk as being a Secret Squirrel "advantage". The only thing you mock is yourself and that fruition is only arranged,because you "think" you are doing "great". Laughing!

It is a shame,that your "life's" total round count couldn't be set upon it's pitiful display,as a JeffZero "Trump Card" of colossal oblivious hilarity magnitude and Do NOTHING Drooling Dumbfhuqkery.

You better go milk a Goldfish at the Feesh Ranch and mock on.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

'223,

ONLY The Do NOTHING Gang,would factor a "critique" with first hand accounting of wares setting idle on the shelf,as they type that "info" from their Couchbound Kchunts.

The oblivious HILARITY never fhuqking ends.

Bless her heart and all of her BEST "efforts".

Laughing!......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick

I enjoy the Delusion,that your being a CLUELESS Piece Of Fhuqking Schit and a Goldfish Rancher,is all part of a keen "plot" to "mock" me. Congratulations?!?

Holy Fück, that made me laugh.
Trouble is,
I'm not in a good location for fits of laughter.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wageslave

Holy Fück, that made me laugh.
Trouble is,
I'm not in a good location for fits of laughter.

Made me laugh too. Stick v. JeffO is an uber matchup.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Curious Big Stick. I hear about how you are very good at everything but I just want to make sure. I know of many people who think they are good but they really aren't.

Anyway, I would like to shoot with you, see how you really are.

On July 16th they are having a NRA approved F class match in Anchorage. I would really like to see you there.

I would like to see what I can learn from you and I will buy you a hamburger or something after the match. You can invite your wife to come along.

Anyway, let me know if you can make it.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'slave,

Tough to Trump the magnitude of oblivious humor being "wielded",by Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks...as a Secret Squirrel "ploy" to corroborate their Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery. EPIC fhuqking laughs!

I don't doubt that she's named them Show Goldfish too and has the shelfbound LW's setting next to a sprinkle can of Fish Food,which gets more trigger time than anything else she's "got".

JeffZero undoubtedly needs help getting them Feesh Sprinkles opened too.

Laughing!...................

'deep,

JeffZero's hands are more than full,trying to recall what she's last talked out of her ass about. Always funnier than fhuqk,to grant here opportunity to Showcase her "results" and it's always difficult to choose which is gonna be fhuqking funnier,the Whine or the Excuses

Them cardboard boxes don't open themselves.

Laughing!..................

'Gomer,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that your grandest Dream is to be able to say you've rubbed shoulders with me and swiped some knowledge. Join the fhuqking crowd,you ass sucking Clueless Fhuqk. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,as you scramble feverishly for tidbits and flaunt how incredibly fhuqking little you "know" and "do".

Knock it outta Da' Park and cite "your" High Zoot F-Classin' wares,as it's certainly some esoteric blueprint totally devoid me. Give or fhuqking take. Laughing!

Feel free to use as much Imagination and Pretend that you dare to muster,in order to find me "mistaken" and I'll happily relish in rubbing your nose even further in your Fhuqking STUPIDITY. Hint. Just saying.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
And I thought Carl Rove was the only dick with ears.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh my...how very fhuqking "surprising" that The Twatly Trifecta "answered" in Triple-Tap fashion. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

Few things funnier,than giving Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqks slack on the rope,so they can flaunt their Imagination and it's Pretend. You STUPID Fhuqks would do well to take notes and apply same. Hint.

The three of you Clueless Kchunts bolted together,couldn't knock the guts out of a slow Tuesday afternoon,with your "hard charging" ways and "all" that you "do". What were the "odds" that you Dumb Fhuqks are the only ones on the Thread,who cain't speak to the crux in the firsthand. Just saying.

Bless your hearts.

Laughing!.................

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Biggest mouth in the room doesn't equal smartest in the room. In your case means biggest dick with ears in the room.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fascinating...how Whining Clueless Kchunts,always manage to find reason(s) to Whine. Congratulations?!?

Now ain't it a curious constant,that the only thing you can talk about in the firsthand,is how easily you get horned up...you "lucky" kchunt. Laughing!

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that The Twatly Trifecta bolted together and using "all" of their "knowledge","experience" and "results",could not begin to summons the wares requisite,to ante up and scratch the Thread's title. Now that is some seriously fhuqking FUNNY schit and rest assured,the last thing I'd wanna do is to diminish the sweet "satisfactions" of your Imagination and it's Pretend,mainly because it's all that you've "got" and that would be mean.

Don't "forget",you reserve the right to find me "mistaken" and ain't it a fhuqking hoot,that even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,knows better than to even try? I wonder why that is? Laughing!

Be sure and "tell" me more,as you talk out your ass,from your couchbound kchunt. What's the name of your Goldfish?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.....................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Laughing!.....................

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SuperKchunt,

It was hardly requisite that you steal pics from someone else,to quantify that you suck...as that glaring obvious has long been a given. Congratulations?!?

There is no end to your Do NOTHING Dumbfhuqkery and it is funnier than fhuqk,that you go wayyyyyyyy out of your Couchbound Kchunt's way,to refrain ALL things The Rifle and Outdoors,if only to "flaunt" the Delusions of your Imagination and it's Pretend.

The only thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination,but it is always EPIC Humor to have you wax eloquent on the sweet "satisfactions" of plagiarism and "living" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Happy July 4th Larry olde boy.

[Linked Image]

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

384 members (1badf350, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,015
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.