Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RickyD
I don't hear the Civil war mentioned much by southerners.
Maybe except on here. I've never seen anything else occur but the topic broached by those from the South or sympathetic to the Southern version of events. And quite often, too. And it always plays out exactly the same: drone on and on with the same posters and same perspectives, until others of an opposing view get tired of it and begin chiming in. Then the butthurt starts and it drags out for far too long. As I live and breathe!

It seems to me that rehashing something that happened over 150 years ago is nothing more than an academic exercise, since nothing done or said today has the power to turn the clock back and change what actually happened. Of course, most of that which is discussed on this site and those like it is just a rehash of things that have been discussed into a coma.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The thing that always got me is HOW FU(KING stupid Yankees are.

They are the LAZY bastards. Got off the boat and said, we ain't going anywhere and they let all the BRAVE men go west and south to claim more for YANKEES.

That's why when Yankees like Pugs and Moose, pound on their chests, it's never not funny.

I can't tell you how many go times I've seen conservative Yankees on the 'Fire and from RURAL areas proclaim how AR15's and hi capacity mags should be banned.

Lazy huh? My employer tells me I'm one of the best workers they've had here. Oh, and the reason Yankees stayed put wasn't laziness but good sense. They knew they already had the perfect climate and incredible scenery.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by victoro
For all you self righteous Christian Yankees the Bible doesn't condemn owning slaves,...

lol

Many pro-slavery 'Christians' actually used this position to justify their agenda.

Man, there's a lotta bad things in history and life that the Bible doesn't condemn. Things like child abuse, spousal abuse, torture, infanticide, genocide, etc.. Does that make them all OK...? In many instances the Bible actually condones and promotes some of these things.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by antlers
For all you self righteous Christian Yankees the Bible doesn't condemn owning slaves,...

lol

Many pro-slavery 'Christians' actually used this position to justify their agenda.

Man, there's a lotta bad things in history and life that the Bible doesn't condemn. Things like child abuse, spousal abuse, torture, infanticide, genocide, etc.. Does that make them all OK...? In many instances the Bible actually condones and promotes some of these things.

At this point in time I put more store in your Constitution than I do something cobbled together by people scrabbling about in the dirt of the Middle East thousands of years ago.

Whilst the central message of 'be nice to each other' has its merits, I have serious reservations about the 'listen and believe what the appointed mouth-pieces say'.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Slavery is a indefensible by today's moral standards as hunting will be by those of 150 years hence.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I haven't read the whole thread, but wasn't this like 150 years ago?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

True, but interesting huh.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

True, but interesting huh.
Only to a clinical psychologist.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by antlers

lol

At this point in time I put more store in your Constitution than I do something cobbled together by people scrabbling about in the dirt of the Middle East thousands of years ago.
Whilst the central message of 'be nice to each other' has its merits, I have serious reservations about the 'listen and believe what the appointed mouth-pieces say'.

That's the point brother. I'm glad that there's a morality seperate from just "what the Bible says."

"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man by sleeping with him. BUT ALL THE YOUNG GIRLS WHO HAVE NOT KNOWN A MAN BY SLEEPING WITH HIM, KEEP ALIVE FOR YOURSELVES." Num. 31:17-18

lol

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Maybe except on here. I've never seen anything else occur but the topic broached by those from the South or sympathetic to the Southern version of events. And quite often, too. And it always plays out exactly the same: drone on and on with the same posters and same perspectives, until others of an opposing view get tired of it and begin chiming in. Then the butthurt starts and it drags out for far too long. As I live and breathe!

It seems to me that rehashing something that happened over 150 years ago is nothing more than an academic exercise, since nothing done or said today has the power to turn the clock back and change what actually happened. Of course, most of that which is discussed on this site and those like it is just a rehash of things that have been discussed into a coma.

The issue is not so much the civil war, (so called) but the specific issue of "the retained right of secession" as 4ager so eloquently put it; and as specifically articulated in Virginia's ratification.

Right now today we live under intolerable tyranny. Y'all have to admit that. That is a right now, today sort of thing- no denying that. What went wrong? We have states, cities and monuments named after George Washington but the kids in public school never read a bio of the man. Why? Why do we have this wonderful foundation stone of Jefferson, Mason, Madison, Henry, and Lee but everywhere you look the Federal Gov. does things in total opposition to the founders?

In my small world of introverted myopia I am trying to figure out how to fix it. Doesn't every patriotic person and especially veterans think that way? What went wrong? How to fix it?

The Federal Centralized Oligarchy has unchecked, unrestrained, unaccountable power. That dynamic has to change. States rights is integral to the wisdom of the founders. Even defended by Hamilton in the Federalist Papers.

Ireland was subjugated by Cromwell in the mid 1600's and never gave up hope of freedom. Cromwell to Mike Collins... what is that... about 250 years?

We keep this debate alive because just like Sam Adams we seek to light fires in the minds of men.

Thomas Paine sat around in taverns engaging the debate in his day prior to writing Common Sense. This is how change happens. Folks get to thinking it through.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have learned in my years here at the Fire alto about the north south thing. I have learned there are Americans here that say the hate me because of where I was born, a northern state. I have learned I am guilty of the war of southern aggression not because of anything I have done but because of where I was born. Those of us not born and living south of some imaginary line are guilty of being the cursed Yankee criminals who should be punished for Lincoln's acts no matter how we feel on the subject.

So I just live with it.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

The issue is not so much the civil war, (so called) but the specific issue of "the retained right of secession" as 4ager so eloquently put it; and as specifically articulated in Virginia's ratification.

Right now today we live under intolerable tyranny. Y'all have to admit that. That is a right now, today sort of thing- no denying that. What went wrong? We have states, cities and monuments named after George Washington but the kids in public school never read a bio of the man. Why? Why do we have this wonderful foundation stone of Jefferson, Mason, Madison, Henry, and Lee but everywhere you look the Federal Gov. does things in total opposition to the founders?

In my small world of introverted myopia I am trying to figure out how to fix it. Doesn't every patriotic person and especially veterans think that way? What went wrong? How to fix it?

The Federal Centralized Oligarchy has unchecked, unrestrained, unaccountable power. That dynamic has to change. States rights is integral to the wisdom of the founders. Even defended by Hamilton in the Federalist Papers.

Ireland was subjugated by Cromwell in the mid 1600's and never gave up hope of freedom. Cromwell to Mike Collins... what is that... about 250 years?

We keep this debate alive because just like Sam Adams we seek to light fires in the minds of men.

Thomas Paine sat around in taverns engaging the debate in his day prior to writing Common Sense. This is how change happens. Folks get to thinking it through.

I was just saying this to my wife yesterday coming through the jagged peaks of the North Cascades, how far away we are from the visions of freedom our forefathers had and is it irretrievably lost?

I really appreciate your contributions to intelligent discussions, sir.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Scott F
I have learned in my years here at the Fire alto about the north south thing. I have learned there are Americans here that say the hate me because of where I was born, a northern state. I have learned I am guilty of the war of southern aggression not because of anything I have done but because of where I was born. Those of us not born and living south of some imaginary line are guilty of being the cursed Yankee criminals who should be punished for Lincoln's acts no matter how we feel on the subject.

So I just live with it.

I've learned after years on the 'Fire that you have the BIGGEST pussy of anyone, and it ALWAYS hurts.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Thank God you've NEVER dragged out sheit or had 10,000 people try to get things into your thick skull.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

So I just live with it.

I've learned after years on the 'Fire that you have the BIGGEST pussy of anyone, and it ALWAYS hurts.

Forgot to add the rampant name calling by some southerners.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

So I just live with it.

Wasn't he born in New Jersey?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't remember any mention of his birth place.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So I just live with it.

Wasn't he born in New Jersey?

Please be true. That would be funny!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

So I just live with it.

What a load of hornswoggle Scott, they just hate you because you are a Yank!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Of course...to the rest of the world, you are all Yanks.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 10 invisible), 1,499 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,517
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.