Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
I've used State Farm for almost 40 years. My son seems to want to use USAA but can't unless I change over. I insure 2 vehicles, 4 houses, have an umbrella policy, and might also do some life insurance if I change, but they don't have an office here not sure how dealing with issues occur and how good they are at it. Can some of you give me insight. Is there any savings and is the service worth the change?
Thanks

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I did about 18 years ago and never looked back!
When comparing prices don't forget the yearly profit sharing credits they give out in December.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It'll be the best move you could make.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
USAA is the best insurance company I have ever had.

They operate online.

We recently had a situation where a company drilled a fiber optic cable through our sewer line. USAA handled everything, paid the bills, and collected subrogation from the drilling company.

I am very happy with them.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep.

Did that a couple years ago. My State Farm agent told me that he could come nowhere near the USAA quote that I showed him. Hated to leave State Farm, but it was a great thing. Been happy as hell.

I also have a checking account with them.

Last edited by ford8n; 07/01/16.
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Yes. We switched from State Farm to USAA about 25 years ago and never looked back. No regrets.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
USAA is the best insurance I've ever had or have heard of ! I've been with then since I was 21 and I'm 48 now. I used to answer the phone and when it was insurance sales I'd tell them I was with USAA and often they'd just hang up on me. I once got seventy percent of my premium back as the dividend.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
If you can use USAA you should.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The W works in the restoration business. She says USAA is hands down the best insurance company to deal with on water / mold / fire damage claims, both from the vendor perspective, as well as the client's. They just take care of what needs to be done without drama or trouble.

I should switch, but my State Farm agent has been a friend of the family for years, and we all use him for our insurance needs. Were it not for that, I'd of switched to USAA years ago.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
if you can get USAA, you should leave whoever your with.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
anyone who can use USAA and does not is an idiot !

had a service buddy who bought a benz in germany. then took it to north africa. hit a camel. needed whole new front clip. got the parts but no one could paint it. USAA said, let us know when you're somewhere that can paint it, we'll cover it. 18 months later he was back in germany, took it to the benz dealer, USAA covered everything including some panel realignment. that's how they are !

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I will state upfront that I don't have experience with USAA and they sound like an excellent company. My general experience is that how much savings can be garnered is very individualized. I have been with State Farm for 35 years and several years ago I explored switching carriers. I found that the discounts given for being a long time customer, with a great claims record, multiple vehicles, multiple types of insurance (home, auto, boat, RV, umbrella) all led to an overall rate that other insurance companies could not touch. That doesn't mean that USAA can't do better, but the only way to know is to compare prices for equivalent coverage.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by logger
I will state upfront that I don't have experience with USAA and they sound like an excellent company. My general experience is that how much savings can be garnered is very individualized. I have been with State Farm for 35 years and several years ago I explored switching carriers. I found that the discounts given for being a long time customer, with a great claims record, multiple vehicles, multiple types of insurance (home, auto, boat, RV, umbrella) all led to an overall rate that other insurance companies could not touch. That doesn't mean that USAA can't do better, but the only way to know is to compare prices for equivalent coverage.

Cost isn't the only reason to choose a company.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I found that the discounts given for being a long time customer, with a great claims record, multiple vehicles, multiple types of insurance (home, auto, boat, RV, umbrella) all led to an overall rate that other insurance companies could not touch.

This is the first I've EVER heard of a company offering loyalty discounts for being a long time customer. All companies I've ever been with bait the hook with a low rate, then try to slowly cook the frog as years go by. Then I switch. I've never considered State Farm because they are never competitive.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Cost isn't the only reason to choose a company.

I would certainly agree. We've only had three, relatively small auto related claims in 35 years (all three were when our cars were parked and someone ran into them) and all of those were addressed with no issues. We have also been fortunate to have good, long term agents.

Last edited by logger; 07/01/16.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Switched to USAA from a local carrier with an agent that ALWAYS went out of her way to help, but the company raised rates.

USAA has given me nothing but exemplary service since I went to them.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
USAA is the best insurance company out there for veterans. When I needed them, they came through 110%. Unless they change, I will keep them for life. Plus, they allow you to insure your firearms, individually, under their valuable personal property. No gimmicks.

Side note:

Mr. Zapata, who is on their commercials right now, was my power plants SNCOIC in the 2004-05 time frame. He is the guy who says, "They still address me as Gunnery Sergeant" and is standing in a kitchen like restaurant trailer.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I've used State Farm for almost 40 years. My son seems to want to use USAA but can't unless I change over. I insure 2 vehicles, 4 houses, have an umbrella policy, and might also do some life insurance if I change, but they don't have an office here not sure how dealing with issues occur and how good they are at it. Can some of you give me insight. Is there any savings and is the service worth the change?
Thanks
Don't know about USAA, but I was with State Farm for a lot of years until they tried to screw me over when I wanted to add a boat..

Never been back.. Eff them...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Back in the late 80s State Farm screwed me over a $1,000 claim...I switched my homeowner, auto and life insurance immediately from them to USAA...I have never needed to make a claim since...State Farm lost a boatload of money because of that...

Cheers/bg

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been with USAA since 1967. I have never given a moment's thought to changing. When my daughter had a head-on, USAA not only replaced the vehicle and paid her medicals, but provided legal assistance when the other party sued. Rates are low and we get a dividend plus a longevity check every year.

And every time I call they answer, "Hello, Colonel Raab. How can we help today?"

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (10ring1, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,856
Posts18,497,054
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.