Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Well, you see where I am going with this.

Yeah, you're sayin' that since someone can be taught to speak Spanish, that they can also be taught to be physically and emotionally attracted to someone of the same sex.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

If it were, homosexuals would be extinct as they fail to breed and would self extinguish.

Only if the putative phagot gene(s) is/are 100% penetrate (pun and genetic term intended).

Anyone with a 'C' average in public school biology class would have learned that genetics is not so simple and straight forward. Especially as to how it relates to behavior.

Ruling out the putative genetic components for phagotry takes more that the Extinction argument.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
justin10mm - your sniping is not adding to the discussion and your recent posts on this topic show twisting of terms and some very weak (if any) logic. Do you have any solid experience with this matter or serious thoughts to provide? The topic now is the genesis of homosexual behavior - not one saying he is "gay", not someone somewhere being forced into aberrant sexual acts, etc.

And, where in Idaho Shooter's posts do you see him NOT taking responsibility for his words and positions?

Antlers - looks like you are doing some of the same twisting. The guy did not say that since a person can be taught Spanish the person also can be taught that he should engage homosexual behavior. That is your construct. He cited influences and factors that can affect some persons in that direction - maybe weak or needy persons.

My personal views on how and why a person becomes homosexual seems not important to all of this, but there is learning to be had here and I'd like to see good mind work. Why not offer something solid?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by benchman
I worked with a lot of gay men, and some were very good friends. Virtually all of them were victims of predation by older gays in positions of authority. In fact, when a new guy came on board, you could actually see the gays working to cull him from the (straight) herd and indictrinate/coerce him.

Were you a priest or in prison? laugh
Professional singer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Antlers - looks like you are doing some of the same twisting. The guy did not say that since a person can be taught Spanish the person also can be taught that he should engage homosexual behavior. That is your construct. He cited influences and factors that can affect some persons in that direction - maybe weak or needy persons.

The gentleman made it pretty clear that he thought a person could be 'taught' to be physically and emotionally attracted to someone that they are NOT attracted to. And he made it pretty clear that he thought a person could be 'forced' to be physically and emotionally attracted to someone that they are NOT attracted to.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
justin10mm - your sniping is not adding to the discussion and your recent posts on this topic show twisting of terms and some very weak (if any) logic. Do you have any solid experience with this matter or serious thoughts to provide? The topic now is the genesis of homosexual behavior - not one saying he is "gay", not someone somewhere being forced into aberrant sexual acts, etc.

And, where in Idaho Shooter's posts do you see him NOT taking responsibility for his words and positions?

My personal views on how and why a person becomes homosexual seems not important to all of this, but there is learning to be had here and I'd like to see good mind work. Why not offer something solid?

That's some funny stuff right there. You might want to think about taking a reading comprehension course.

If you want something solid, read the Kensey Reports, though you may not like what they have to say. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_Reports

The issue is not as black and white as someone is either "born gay" or "born strait".

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
No, that is not quite what I said.

I said, "God did not make 'em that way.'

And I said, "Most of them are that way because of societal and rearing influences."

And I said, "Behaving in the manners of a homosexual is a personal choice."

Many of those influences may be very difficult fo determine, as 90% of who we are and what we will become has been ingrained into the child by the time he/she is three years old.

While most refuse to recognise that a three year old may be sexualized to any extent. The foundation has been built. The personality is established. All that is left is fine tuning.

The rest of the structure is dependent upon the stability of that foundation.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by carbon12

If it were, homosexuals would be extinct as they fail to breed and would self extinguish.

Only if the putative phagot gene(s) is/are 100% penetrate (pun and genetic term intended).

Anyone with a 'C' average in public school biology class would have learned that genetics is not so simple and straight forward. Especially as to how it relates to behavior.

Ruling out the putative genetic components for phagotry takes more that the Extinction argument.

The human genome has been thoroughly mapped for about ten years. The genes are pretty well identified.

Embryonic genetic testing will pretty well identify all the physical traits 8 1/2 months before birth.

I have not heard of anyone predicting sexual orientation based on genetics.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sauer200
I worked with a lot of gay men, and some were very good friends. Virtually all of them were victims of predation by older gays in positions of authority. In fact, when a new guy came on board, you could actually see the gays working to cull him from the (straight) herd and indictrinate/coerce him.

Were you a priest or in prison? laugh

Professional singer.

I don't believe you. Sing us something! grin

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

And I said, "Most of them are that way because of societal and rearing influences."

And I said, "Behaving in the manners of a homosexual is a personal choice."

Total abstinence is also a personal choice, but it dose not erase the underlying sexual desire that is being suppressed.

You can "choose" to live a heterosexual life, but if you have attraction to the same sex, then you are gay/bi. The reverse is also true.

The thought that most gays participate in the life style because of societal influences is laughable. They may have it easy on the coasts, but just about everywhere else it can be a hard life for open homosexuals. This forum is proof enough that many still despise their very existence.

I would wager that there are orders of magnitude more "strait" people living that way because society has historically deemed heterosexuality the only acceptable life style. We are just now seeing the tides start to change when it comes to this.

Last edited by justin10mm; 07/01/16.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho _Shooter
The human genome has been thoroughly mapped for about ten years.

Even though it's been mapped out, the work of learning and understanding all of it is still in it's infancy.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by carbon12

The human genome has been thoroughly mapped for about ten years. The genes are pretty well identified.

Embryonic genetic testing will pretty well identify all the physical traits 8 1/2 months before birth.

I have not heard of anyone predicting sexual orientation based on genetics.

If molecular genetics knew as much as you think it knows, a bunch of wicked bad diseases would be fixed already.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
George Gilder summarized the evidence the best when he said "Anyone can become a homosexual. No one has to be one." The best article ever written on the causation of homosexuality (IMHO) is a chapter in the book "When Wish Replaces Thought: Why So Much of What You Believe is False" by sociologist Steven Goldberg. A bit dated, but an still an excellent read. The science on causation hasn't changed much over the years.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by justin10mm

That's some funny stuff right there. You might want to think about taking a reading comprehension course.
If you want something solid, read the Kensey Reports, though you may not like what they have to say. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_Reports
The issue is not as black and white as someone is either "born gay" or "born strait".
justin10mm, that is NOT funny stuff even though you would like to make fun of it. Those comments are based directly on what you and one other person did with your posts. So far you offer nothing in the way of expertise or experience here, and then you resort to recommending a very well known (old) report and you can't even correctly spell the name. Do you think you are breaking any new ground with your "neither black or white" comment? Looks like faking.
benchman offers real-life experience/knowledge from working a profession that is shot-through with the issue. I once worked quite a bit in the same area - his insight rings very true. From whence comes this "knowledge" you profess?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As interesting as these discussions are, to some folks anyway, a lot of the time we consistently look for evidence to support what we already believe, and we consistently filter out anything to the contrary.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by antlers
As interesting as these discussions are, to some folks anyway, a lot of the time we consistently look for evidence to support what we already believe, and we consistently filter out anything to the contrary.

"If you cain't fix it, it ain't broke." G. Keillor

Apropos on multiple levels.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
No surprise whatsoever they have more health problems. And for the record, it is a CHOICE! They are NOT born that way.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
No surprise whatsoever they have more health problems. And for the record, it is a CHOICE! They are NOT born that way.

Your proof to backup this statement is....?

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I agree, and anyone who thinks its ok to have sex with another man is brainwashed, think about it....

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by justin10mm

Your proof to backup this statement is....?

Twin studies involving identical male twins, raised in different homes and with no knowledge of, or interaction with the other twin brother do not have a 100% concordance rate in homosexuality. In other words, if one twin is homosexual, the occurrence of homosexuality in the other twin is considerably less than 100%. If sexual preference is "genetically determined" (as the color of your eyes is genetically determined), then we would expect a 100% concordance rate in homosexuality among identical twin boys (identical meaning boys having exactly the same genotype) where one of the boys (brothers) is a homosexual. The fact the concordance rate is less than 100% as between identical twin brothers means that although genes might be a necessary condition to the emergence of homosexuality in males, they (genes) are not a sufficient condition. It is therefore not the genes that are determinative, but the environment. As Jeffrey Goldberg has put it (paraphrasing from memory) but for the necessary facilitating environmental conditions, homosexuality will not occur regardless of genetic propensity.

BTW, female homosexuality is an entirely separate and distinct phenomena from male homosexuality in terms of causation.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,368
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.