Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Within the now-famous address is what historian Philip S. Foner has called "probably the most moving passage in all of Douglass' speeches."

Mr. Foner evidently comes from a large and extended family of notorious communists:

www.DiscoverTheNetwork.org Date: 6/30/2016 9:52:21 PM

ERIC FONER

Communist apologist and professor of history at Columbia University
Of 9/11 and the Bush administration’s response, Foner stated, “I’m not sure which is more frightening: the horror that engulfed New York City or the apocalyptic rhetoric emanating daily from the [Bush] White House.”
Nephew of Communist Party labor historian Philip Foner and Communist SEIU organizer Moe Foner

Born in February 1943 in New York City, Columbia University history professor Eric Foner is widely considered one of the foremost professionals in his field. He is a former President of both professional historical associations and is regarded as academia's leading expert on the Reconstruction period, the tumultuous era that followed the Civil War. Professor Foner was raised in a notable Communist family. His uncle Philip Foner was the Communist Party’s official labor historian. Another uncle, Moe Foner, was a Communist labor activist with the Service Employees International Union.

Eric Foner was an anti-American 1960s radical, and as a historian is an apologist for American Communism. On October 4, 2001 he contributed to a London Review of Books symposium of reactions to the 9/11 atrocity. In that piece, Foner focused not on the attack itself but on what he perceived to be the threat of an American response:

“I write this in an ominous lull between the talk of vengeance and vengeance itself. The moment any such retribution is sought with bombs and guns will be the moment for the mobilisation of anti-war forces all over the world … [Terror] merely enhances and exaggerates the feeling among exploited people that the matter of protest has to be left to a few martyrs. And just as the signs were growing of a renewed confidence in the world anti-capitalist movement, the attention of the world’s leaders is focused on a single, dreadful act that gives them the excuse they need to gun the engines of oppression.”

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Mr. Dave7mm,

I like your thought provoking posts and I want to thank you for that one you put up recently about the character of Nathan Bedford Forrest.

The 4th of July speech by Douglas should be debated on its own merits etc. Nonetheless it is a disturbing trend in our nation that the communists in America and abroad have always doted on Lincoln. And American communists have always used the issue of race and slavery to damn America and discredit the founders. And Karl Marx himself wrote letter after letter worshipping Lincoln in the New York newspapers.

All of the communist devilment was to use race, slavery and the wounds of the past to create and sustain an all powerful centralized federal government for the purpose of totalitarianism. And totalitarianism is the goal so Utopia can blossom forth once those un-reformable types are crushed, converted or killed. That would be me and mine, those un-reconstructed defiant sons of confederate veterans.

The Lincoln/commie love fest is long and well documented but most folks don't know it.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mr. White
I apologize for getting that commie MFs name pasted along with the Douglas speech.
Douglas view of things to me is interesting ie... considering its 150 years ago.Looking from the "other" side of the pond,as it were..
It takes two to make a fight.And there are two sides to every story.To me both sides are interesting..
I read a book not long ago about the battle of Shiloh.
A blaze of glory by Jeff Shaara.
Nasty fight that was.There are some very intersting parts..small parts about NBF in the book.Its kinda what set me off on him.
Its a very good read if you have the time.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
I have learned in my years here at the Fire alto about the north south thing. I have learned there are Americans here that say the hate me because of where I was born, a northern state. I have learned I am guilty of the war of southern aggression not because of anything I have done but because of where I was born. Those of us not born and living south of some imaginary line are guilty of being the cursed Yankee criminals who should be punished for Lincoln's acts no matter how we feel on the subject.

So I just live with it.

Mr Scott F,

That is not how I view the north today, I don't hate Yankees because of birth or geography. I hate Marxists and everything they do. It seems that Boston and NY have more than their fair share.

Interposition, Nullification, Secession would bring about the demise of federal tyranny at every turn. Then we could deal with things at the local/state level. You would benefit in the North West, just as much as we would benefit in old Dixie from Texas to Virginia.

But as it stands now, EVERYONE must dance to the tune of Harvard Law and the North East commie community... because they are the enlightened sages of all-knowledge.

The actual historic war between Lincoln and Dixie is a framework of thought for seeking the correction of tyranny. I seek to understand and reflect upon the past to gain wisdom. At the end of the day I am forward looking. How do we fix this mess?

Join the cause!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I have learned in my years here at the Fire alto about the north south thing. I have learned there are Americans here that say the hate me because of where I was born, a northern state. I have learned I am guilty of the war of southern aggression not because of anything I have done but because of where I was born. Those of us not born and living south of some imaginary line are guilty of being the cursed Yankee criminals who should be punished for Lincoln's acts no matter how we feel on the subject.

So I just live with it.

I've learned after years on the 'Fire that you have the BIGGEST pussy of anyone, and it ALWAYS hurts.

Forgot to add the rampant name calling by some southerners.

I'm going to pull up the posts where I could you in LIES. You are a no good piece of sheit and it has nothing to do with where you were born.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thank you, that is the nicest thing yo have called me. smile

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.