Hop To
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Barry,

Earlier you mentioned "helping" gay people. What's your proposed method of help? Praying away the gay? Forces conversion "therapy", life in solitary (because lots of butt sex occurs in prision) stoning to death?

How do you propose to "help" them?

I've already been over that in this thread. Please re-read it.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

GB1

BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
When you encounter someone along way down the gay scale, it can be easy to quickly pick them out, even when the dress and act normal, voice, effeminate body movements, and even body odor can be a dead giveaway.

I think that is bigoted and condemning.

BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
There's 2 kinds of adultery in the Bible. There's outright adultery, and there's adultery caused by divorce. Divorce is very prevalent in our society, even among those who profess to be Christians. Divorce is certainly a lot more prevalent than homosexuals are. And divorce has certainly damaged more lives than homosexuality has. Wonder if 'any' of those who profess to be Christians and are vehemently condemning homosexuality for Biblical reasons have ever been divorced themselves, or have loved ones that have been divorced...?

What I wonder is if you've ever done anything to help reduce the incidence of divorce. You certainly complain about it enough. Do you have anything or just more nihilism?

ETA: I thought more about this.

If you are so concerned about divorce, why don't you start a thread about divorce instead of crapping in threads that have nothing to do with it?

But, I don't believe you really care. I think your just a nihilist getting your jollies crapping in threads.

Last edited by BarryC; 07/03/16.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BarryC
There's 2 kinds of adultery in the Bible. There's outright adultery, and there's adultery caused by divorce. Divorce is very prevalent in our society, even among those who profess to be Christians. Divorce is certainly a lot more prevalent than homosexuals are. And divorce has certainly damaged more lives than homosexuality has. Wonder if 'any' of those who profess to be Christians and are vehemently condemning homosexuality for Biblical reasons have ever been divorced themselves, or have loved ones that have been divorced...?

What I wonder is if you've ever done anything to help reduce the incidence of divorce. You certainly complain about it enough. Do you have anything or just more nihilism?

I am still married to the woman I met when I was 21 years of age, does that mean at 52 I can have a say about the prevalence of divorce.

No it doesn't, neither does being Christian or straight entitle us to pontificate about those that are gay.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I am still married to the woman I met when I was 21 years of age, does that mean at 52 I can have a say about the prevalence of divorce.

No it doesn't, neither does being Christian or straight entitle us to pontificate about those that are gay.

In their eyes it does. They're doing God's work dont'cha know?

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by Allen917
The only exception that I ever saw was in a drag queen club in Washington DC. There was a guy there that could have given Refrigerator girl a run for her money. I suspect that he was probably a hermaphrodite, because he was female in ever aspect except for his crotch package.

uh oh.

A member with an overactive gaydar is going to come on the thread and ask what you were doing in a gay bar in DC looking at some guy's package.

I figured someone would ask that. The answer is my ex-wife had a lesbian aunt that was only a couple of years older than us that worked at the Pentagon. When we would go to Washington, we would stay at her house. Her aunt would always want us to meet her friends and adopted "family". (Mom was a 50 yr old drag queen) So yep, we hit most of the gay clubs (avoided the leather bars) in the area. It was interesting, but helped me make up my mind that LBGT is a choice, not a condition, and at the time, most of them would agree with that statement. My overall impression was that were uniformly unhappy.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Until God himself appears before them and asks a favour then it is all about people controlling other people.

Nothing more, nothing less.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Until God himself appears before them and asks a favour then it is all about people controlling other people.

Nothing more, nothing less.

You know that and I know that but.......

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It was interesting, but helped me make up my mind that LBGT is a choice, not a condition, and at the time, most of them would agree with that statement. My overall impression was that were uniformly unhappy.

Your impression that homosex attraction is a choice and that those that practice that condition were uniformly unhappy implies that they were uniformly choosing to be unhappy.

Do you find that odd?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you are so concerned about divorce, why don't you start a thread about divorce instead of crapping in threads that have nothing to do with it?
But, I don't believe you really care. I think your just a nihilist getting your jollies crapping in threads.

Aren't you glad that God doesn't choose to look at YOU through the filter of a cherry-picked Old Testament Bible verse...?

Aren't you glad that God didn't look for a loophole or workaround when it came to His love for YOU...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It seems, *more than anything else*, that what you don't like is someone pointing out the hypocrisy that is present in ALL of these threads where homosexuality is vehemently condemned by 'Christains' who are themselves sinners according to the very Bible that they thump so loudly.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

It seems, *more than anything else*, that what you don't like is someone pointing out the hypocrisy that is present in ALL of these threads where homosexuality is vehemently condemned by 'Christains' who are themselves sinners according to the Bible that they thump so loudly.

The thumping deafens them to hearing themselves.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Frankly, this isn't necessarily a Biblical issue. Even an Atheist such as yourself could look at the numbers from studies like this and conclude that there's a problem with the behavior.

You and I have been over this before. Please point out where I've said I'm an atheist.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Why does everyone ground the argument against homosexuality exclusively in the Bible? Homosexuality is contra naturam (against nature). It would still be wrong even if every religion in the world said it was right. BTW, there is good research going back even from the 90s showing that homosexuals, especially men, have psychic disress and pathologies that appear intrinsic to being a homosexual. (Not including the physical health problems [disease] of a homosexual lifestyle.) This phenomenon of intrinsic psychic distress is also present in homosexuals who live in cultures or societies which give "status parity" to homosexual and heterosexual behavior. It is therefore, not a function of discrimination. In other words, this psychic distress is intimately bound up with being a homosexual.

When the APA removed homosexuality as a mental disorder from the DSM, they did not do so on the basis of any empirical evidence but solely in capitulation to political pressure (a sit in and protest by homosexual activists at the annual meeting of the APA). The president of the APA was very explicit: the delisting was done on "humanitarian" (viz. emotional and political) grounds, not on the basis of science.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 07/03/16.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by carbon12
It was interesting, but helped me make up my mind that LBGT is a choice, not a condition, and at the time, most of them would agree with that statement. My overall impression was that were uniformly unhappy.

Your impression that homosex attraction is a choice and that those that practice that condition were uniformly unhappy implies that they were uniformly choosing to be unhappy.

Do you find that odd?

I think it is the other way around. There is a uniform unhappiness that leads them to make a poor choice, trying to escape thier unhappiness. I've seen it more recently in one of my God children. She is unhappy with something in her life,is drinking to excess, and living a lesbian lifestyle. I'm fairly certain she doesn't consciously know why she is unhappy. I've spent a lot of time fishing with her and wish I could help her more.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
When you encounter someone along way down the gay scale, it can be easy to quickly pick them out, even when the dress and act normal, voice, effeminate body movements, and even body odor can be a dead giveaway.

No, it's just a fact. Just because I recognize the differences in a person, doesn't mean I dislike or judge them based upon those differences. Unlike you, who is compelled to do so by the creator of the universe.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
[/b]antelope_sniper: [b]"According to your previous argument, since genetics is not 100% deterministic of height, that means a persons height is a matter of personal choice. We know that's not the case, which demonstrates the absurd nature of your argument."

In this one statement you reveal your dishonesty in discussion/argument, your ignorance in logic, and maybe emptiness of soul. Beyond the absurdity your statement, it is not what RJ said and it can not at all be found "according to his argument". Very sad behavior and hardly even worth comment, except that you shovel up this dreck time and time again.

Pot...meet kettle.

JSTUART, one has to wonder how you could you possibly know enough to even attempt that?. So, what do you actually KNOW about the content of my soul. Kindly reveal your knowledge.

You do realise that you were referring to the lack of content of AS's soul, and that I was pointing out your hypocrisy.

But hey, you can rewrite it and go with you being the victim if you like...but before you do, "one has to wonder how you could you possibly know enough to even attempt that"?

Hey bozo, you do realize that I realize a lot more than you can imagine, and don't feel the least bit "victimized" by jive-talking fools. I do enjoy exposing smart-alek fakers, tho. Nothing was re-written or misinterpreted - those were your very terms. You simply were asked to support your poor assumption - which you have not done. Further and clearly, either you do not understand the basis for hypocrisy or you might and are so silly as to apply that label without knowledge. About AS and the soul, I spoke in "maybe" terms - you seem so self-assured as to state your baseless assumptions as knowledge. Now, what label applies to that?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

No, it's just a fact. Just because I recognize the differences in a person, doesn't mean I dislike or judge them based upon those differences. Unlike you, who is compelled to do so by the creator of the universe.

Actually you are right about being able to recognize a gay person easily. My ex-wife lesbian aunt and her "man" told me the same thing. We can all recognize one of the limp writers easily, but it's also easy to spot people that are unhappy when they shouldn't be. That has been an accurate tell-tale for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Analysis here shows that quite a few discuss well the practice of homosexuality - including the possible origins and drivers - but don't engage in condemnations or superiority statements regarding the homosexual. It looks as though some of these same discussants are Christians, so those using the broad brush critiquing Christians in this regard may wish to re-think their positions. No matter how much we might enjoy expressing differing views and data on the origins and causes of homsexuality, such views seem like vapor in the long run. I think that the actual homosexual behavior may be the important pivot point - now with regard to the OP topic and later on a day of reckoning.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

In this one statement you reveal your dishonesty in discussion/argument, your ignorance in logic, and maybe emptiness of soul. Beyond the absurdity your statement, it is not what RJ said and it can not at all be found "according to his argument". Very sad behavior and hardly even worth comment, except that you shovel up this dreck time and time again.

This is what you stated, your own words aimed squarely at AS.

Read your own words 'bozo'.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,699
Posts18,513,732
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.