Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by CCCC

In this one statement you reveal your dishonesty in discussion/argument, your ignorance in logic, and maybe emptiness of soul. Beyond the absurdity your statement, it is not what RJ said and it can not at all be found "according to his argument". Very sad behavior and hardly even worth comment, except that you shovel up this dreck time and time again.

This is what you stated, your own words aimed squarely at AS.

Read your own words 'bozo'.

WEAK, JSTUART.
Per normal, I thought those before writing them (gave the guy the grace of "maybe") and read them well before posting. You should try such technique.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by jorgeI
"God" as in the Bible, written and edited by human beings? noted.

And, not a word of it will fail to come to pass.

Please prove this.

The proof of the credibility of the Christian revelation is found in the multitude of exact and specific fulfilled prophecies as concerns the person of Christ; his birth, his manner of life, his sacrificial death etc. Most of this is found in the prophet Isaiah. Daniel 9 is extremely shocking in its exactness.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Anderson_(Scotland_Yard_official)

The Coming Prince:
http://www.swartzentrover.com/cotor/E-Books/christ/Anderson/Prince/TCPindex.htm

A close study reveals that the time of the Hebrew Messiah had to be a specific number of years after the decree to rebuild Jerusalem but before the destruction of the temple. Sir Robert Anderson split all the hairs and showed the exact math.

Nonetheless a quick reading of the entire text of the prophet Isaiah is enough. And the fulfillment of Isaiah's prophecies could not have been through intrigue or collusion because Isaiah was translated into Greek in Alexandria under the Ptolemies in about 250BC and that is an irrefutable fact of history.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Please prove this.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/...leness-of-Christianity-by-John-Locke.pdf

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The cause and cure of the sodomite deviancy, Romans chapter one:

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Last edited by Robert_White; 07/03/16.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Allen917
Originally Posted by carbon12
It was interesting, but helped me make up my mind that LBGT is a choice, not a condition, and at the time, most of them would agree with that statement. My overall impression was that were uniformly unhappy.

Your impression that homosex attraction is a choice and that those that practice that condition were uniformly unhappy implies that they were uniformly choosing to be unhappy.

Do you find that odd?

I think it is the other way around. There is a uniform unhappiness that leads them to make a poor choice, trying to escape thier unhappiness. I've seen it more recently in one of my God children. She is unhappy with something in her life,is drinking to excess, and living a lesbian lifestyle. I'm fairly certain she doesn't consciously know why she is unhappy. I've spent a lot of time fishing with her and wish I could help her more.

Allen, I believe this to be the case as well. In my job, I have noticed this in those folks too. An unhappy, searching for something to fill their lives, and when they meet someone, they are ecstatic, and act like its the rainbow's end. But then troubles soon pop up, and its arguments on the phone during worktime. Hard to not overhear the vocales, then calling in sick because they're hung over from the bar. Emotional troubles translate to physical troubles, and demands to management to change their work schedules or get additional time off. So many other things demanded like they need recognition of entitlement. Something always pops up, they're not happy with what co-workers get, and feel victimized. It gets tiring in the workplace.
It will be interesting to learn how many sanctioned gay marriages last more than a couple years. From what I've noticed, gay people run through alot of partners in a short time.

Last edited by Wyogal; 07/03/16.
IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Robert_White
The cause and cure of the sodomite deviancy, Romans chapter one:

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

What he said.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The *cause and cure of the sodomite deviancy*, Romans chapter one:

Yep.

The God cure worked out well for a bunch of Catholic priests.[color:#FF0000][/color]

Last edited by carbon12; 07/03/16.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Yep.

The God cure worked out well for a bunch of Catholic priests.

Carbon, that was both disingenuous of and beneath you...don't you know they aren't "real" Christians, and anyway they can ask forgiveness and be made new again in the eyes of the church.

Though it is a pity the "real' Christians think less of their parishioners children than they do of their paedophile priests.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Come on you spineless c nts...lets see you defend your paedophile 'spokesmen for God'.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Come on you spineless c nts...lets see you defend your paedophile 'spokesmen for God'.

Kinda anxious to hear this myself...been waiting decades...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Yep.

The God cure worked out well for a bunch of Catholic priests.

Carbon, that was both disingenuous of and beneath you...don't you know they aren't "real" Christians, and anyway they can ask forgiveness and be made new again in the eyes of the church.

Though it is a pity the "real' Christians think less of their parishioners children than they do of their paedophile priests.

Ummmmm.....

My post was lauding the God cure for all the Catholic Priests that were cured. Because there must be one or two. Somewhere......

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Ummmmm.....

My post was lauding the God cure for all the Catholic Priests that were cured. Because there must be one or two. Somewhere......

I know Carbon, I was going for irony and sarcasm, neither of which was directed at you.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Ummmmm.....

I know Carbon, I was going for irony and sarcasm, neither of which was directed at you.

Yeah, I know. I was just padding my post count and bumping up the thread.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It was interesting, but helped me make up my mind that LBGT is a choice, not a condition, and at the time, most of them would agree with that statement. My overall impression was that were uniformly unhappy.

Your impression that homosex attraction is a choice and that those that practice that condition were uniformly unhappy implies that they were uniformly choosing to be unhappy.

Do you find that odd?

I think it is the other way around. There is a uniform unhappiness that leads them to make a poor choice, trying to escape thier unhappiness. I've seen it more recently in one of my God children. She is unhappy with something in her life,is drinking to excess, and living a lesbian lifestyle. I'm fairly certain she doesn't consciously know why she is unhappy. I've spent a lot of time fishing with her and wish I could help her more.

Fair enough.

Depression is damn curse and obviously not a choice.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Please prove this.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/...leness-of-Christianity-by-John-Locke.pdf

That don't prove schidt.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Ummmmm.....

Yeah, I know. I was just padding my post count and bumping up the thread.

Yep.

"Pray away the gay" is so effective for the Catholic Clergy.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Do you find that odd?

Fair enough.

That may be like arguing which came first, the chicken or the egg. In my small subset of the LBGT community that I have delt with enough to have some knowledge of, and inordinate number are being treated for depression, however not all. They all seem to have an underlying unhappiness though. It's manifest in a lot of ways such as domestic violence, drug and alcohol abuse, etc...a seemingly much higher rate than straight people. I grant you I am in no way an expert in this. All I can offer is my experience with a small group and their friends I have been acquainted with the last 35 years.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Do you find that odd?

Fair enough.

That may be like arguing which came first, the chicken or the egg. In my small subset of the LBGT community that I have delt with enough to have some knowledge of, and inordinate number are being treated for depression, however not all. They all seem to have an underlying unhappiness though. It's manifest in a lot of ways such as domestic violence, drug and alcohol abuse, etc...a seemingly much higher rate than straight people. I grant you I am in no way an expert in this. All I can offer is my experience with a small group and their friends I have been acquainted with the last 35 years.

Allen,

You are hitting on one of the most difficult issues in Social Science. Correlation is easy to spot, however, the direction of causality can be extremely difficult. Let me give you an example.

In your subset, are there underlying biological conditions that cause homosexuality, and does that lead to unhappiness, depression, alcohol abuse etc, or does depression lead to desperate behaviors such as alcohol abuse and homosexuality. Trying to determine something of this nature often requires a complex double regression model. Unfortunately, your psychologist etc. are notoriously lousy at statistics.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Am going out on a limb here, but for today I don't care. Look at their troubles, and it seems that they have an inability to accept or tolerate anything or any one that is different from THEM, and an inability for many to accept the social boundaries within their OWN subculture. having sex with their friend's partner, or a friend, like anybody is a potential bed partner. Wanting what they want without respect of others, a narcissism of needing others to be like them and for them. An emotional immaturity and nonacceptance of the world around them, and the rules that don't meet THEIR wants and needs. Surely, no world like that exists, and yes, they would be depressed because they persist in wanting it that way.
How many subcultures are within that subculture because they can't get along with each other? Everyone wants what each wants, and its different, depending on their mood of the day.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,713
Posts18,514,085
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.