Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
After over 30 years in the gun biz it never ceased to amaze me how many can't mount their own scopes.

I can't do anything else mechanical, but I can mount a scope....

It is exceeded only by the number of people who can't wind line onto their own fishing reels....

And, you can install your own Bubba-Buddy!

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Winnington 700 Flabby-Flex Inflatable AR Style Rifle!

I am so glad that we are no longer living in the 1950s. Oh sure, you read a lot of Internet posts about 'the good old days', but we had far too many smelly canvas tents, bias ply tires and heavy, wooden stocked metallic rifles. Oh man, the weight! You had to hunt with a truck in those days - just to transport all your grossly overweight hunting gear! And let's not forget about leather, glass things and bone handled knives. Who thought up that stupid stuff?

Now we have advanced polymers, cell phones, digital technology and the latest innovation by a radical new firearms company, Winnington Arms.

[Linked Image]

Here's the thing: You only have a couple of weeks every year to hunt. You're going to be traveling a great distance into the deepest, darkest bush to chase whitetails or mooses or whatever. Space is at a premium!

By the time you pack the essentials - two or three cellphones, rechargeable cell phone, AA, and AAA batteries, main and back up digital cameras, laptop, tablet, wifi hotspot, satellite uplink antenna, two generators and at least two deep cycle batteries, flat screen television, Gameboy, solar power panels, main and auxiliary inverters, and Nike court shoes, who has room for a heavy 7 pound rifle?

And what's with the old fashioned need for steel? Seriously!

The last few years, I've been at my wit's end trying to fit everything we needed into my Chevy Volt. Luckily, I had a 4x4 'tow behind' trailer to haul most of my electronics, but I always ended up strapping my rifle and accessories to the top of the car! And frankly, I was worried that my rifle, tree stand, rangefinder, 2 way radios, gpses, spotting scope, boots and ammunition were too heavy and would dent the roof.

And where would I pack my clothes?

Thankfully, some of the burden has been eased with the new Winnington 700 line of inflatable Flabby-Flex rifles. Yes, you have to get an air compressor, but it's only a couple of pounds, instead of an 8 pound conventional steel rifle.

Winnington really pulled out all the stops when they designed the W700. They were available in late 2015 in 270, 308 and 30-06. The Winnington rep told me that more calibres are on their way in the fall. And they thought of every hunter. This year we'll be getting a 223, 243 and 300 Win Mag!

The W700 deflated, weighs 4 oz., and fits into your pants pocket. When inflated, is the same size as an old fashioned wood or plastic stocked metal rifle. I was amazed with their innovative Flabby-Flex technology. The rifle is compact and mushy when collapsed, yet stiff and strong when filled with air! Yeah, you read that right!

But it's not just a rifle. It's a complete hunting system. You get a single shot Flabby-Flex with a 3F scope AND built in camera! 3F stands for Flabby - Fixed - Four - a four power, lifetime warrantied scope that, in side by side tests, beat out Leupold and Zeiss in clarity, brightness and strength. Wow! That's what I call a triple threat!

I wish I could adequately explain how Winnington used modern polymers in their Flabby-Flex line to make this rifle, but they ain't telling! You'll just have to trust me when I say that the rifle, when inflated, is a rock solid performer. Lots of secret patents and high tech went into it. I admit, I was a little apprehensive when I shot it for the first time at the Winnington test range, but everything worked without a hitch. I still got all my body parts. I shot several 1 inch two shot groups at 100 yards. Impressive!

But what about the rest of the rifle?

The camera, with built in video capability, was designed by famous German optics company - Schwanz Optik of the former East Germany. You'll really be amazed!

I got the 30-06 Flabby-Flex for my moose hunting trip last fall. So I'll bet you're wondering, did it work? Heck yeah! I didn't shoot a moose, but I took down a MNR helicopter from almost 800 yards!

[Linked Image]

Get one. They work!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
The Winnington 700 Flabby-Flex Inflatable AR Style Rifle!

I am so glad that we are no longer living in the 1950s. Oh sure, you read a lot of Internet posts about 'the good old days', but we had far too many smelly canvas tents, bias ply tires and heavy, wooden stocked metallic rifles. Oh man, the weight! You had to hunt with a truck in those days - just to transport all your grossly overweight hunting gear! And let's not forget about leather, glass things and bone handled knives. Who thought up that stupid stuff?

Now we have advanced polymers, cell phones, digital technology and the latest innovation by a radical new firearms company, Winnington Arms.

[Linked Image]

Here's the thing: You only have a couple of weeks every year to hunt. You're going to be traveling a great distance into the deepest, darkest bush to chase whitetails or mooses or whatever. Space is at a premium!

By the time you pack the essentials - two or three cellphones, rechargeable cell phone, AA, and AAA batteries, main and back up digital cameras, laptop, tablet, wifi hotspot, satellite uplink antenna, two generators and at least two deep cycle batteries, flat screen television, Gameboy, solar power panels, main and auxiliary inverters, and Nike court shoes, who has room for a heavy 7 pound rifle?

And what's with the old fashioned need for steel? Seriously!

The last few years, I've been at my wit's end trying to fit everything we needed into my Chevy Volt. Luckily, I had a 4x4 'tow behind' trailer to haul most of my electronics, but I always ended up strapping my rifle and accessories to the top of the car! And frankly, I was worried that my rifle, tree stand, rangefinder, 2 way radios, gpses, spotting scope, boots and ammunition were too heavy and would dent the roof.

And where would I pack my clothes?

Thankfully, some of the burden has been eased with the new Winnington 700 line of inflatable Flabby-Flex rifles. Yes, you have to get an air compressor, but it's only a couple of pounds, instead of an 8 pound conventional steel rifle.

Winnington really pulled out all the stops when they designed the W700. They were available in late 2015 in 270, 308 and 30-06. The Winnington rep told me that more calibres are on their way in the fall. And they thought of every hunter. This year we'll be getting a 223, 243 and 300 Win Mag!

The W700 deflated, weighs 4 oz., and fits into your pants pocket. When inflated, is the same size as an old fashioned wood or plastic stocked metal rifle. I was amazed with their innovative Flabby-Flex technology. The rifle is compact and mushy when collapsed, yet stiff and strong when filled with air! Yeah, you read that right!

But it's not just a rifle. It's a complete hunting system. You get a single shot Flabby-Flex with a 3F scope AND built in camera! 3F stands for Flabby - Fixed - Four - a four power, lifetime warrantied scope that, in side by side tests, beat out Leupold and Zeiss in clarity, brightness and strength. Wow! That's what I call a triple threat!

I wish I could adequately explain how Winnington used modern polymers in their Flabby-Flex line to make this rifle, but they ain't telling! You'll just have to trust me when I say that the rifle, when inflated, is a rock solid performer. Lots of secret patents and high tech went into it. I admit, I was a little apprehensive when I shot it for the first time at the Winnington test range, but everything worked without a hitch. I still got all my body parts. I shot several 1 inch two shot groups at 100 yards. Impressive!

But what about the rest of the rifle?

The camera, with built in video capability, was designed by famous German optics company - Schwanz Optik of the former East Germany. You'll really be amazed!

I got the 30-06 Flabby-Flex for my moose hunting trip last fall. So I'll bet you're wondering, did it work? Heck yeah! I didn't shoot a moose, but I took down a MNR helicopter from almost 800 yards!

[Linked Image]

Get one. They work!
Hot damn the scope is already mounted!!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Steve, you need to write a book, or if you have, another one.

Tom, have you seen Nick Nolte lately. I think he now looks like you...in another five years.

I'm totally surprised that two items haven't been mentioned here (that I've seen) in this historic and classic thread. 'Course you guys are old and passe' and not really up on the times. I'm referring to two items that the 21st Century have brought us in addition to Obama and his cadre of thirty-five year old experts on everything.

But these are actually very useful, even iconic for practicality and usefulness, and have me looking forward to more outdoor excursions. Lest You forget let me remind you, even again, of the barrel deresonator and camo underwear and toilet paper. Is that three?

You guys are such a bunch of lamo's.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I am extremely lame. I had to look up what a Roomba was.

I would probably have to look up other stuff too. I just haven't been introduced to them yet.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Hunt successfully without:

A full sized backpack...camo, with lots of loops on it...

Head to toe designer camo to wear in Texas deer blinds...

Orange vests to wear over your camo in the blind...in case you aint in Texas...

Camo face paint to wear anywhere....

Lazer rangefinders to tell us the deer is 100 yards away....

Tripod shooting sticks with triggers and red spongy stuff on them....

Flavored chemicals to put in our hydration bottles....

Scopes with A/Os on the side, turrets, lighted reticles and batteries, and 30mm tubes to shoot at the deer you just lazered at 100 yards....

Gear shifter bolt handles, and fluted bolts to trap dust and debris....

And my last question, have I been watching too many hunting shows on the Bubbavision Channels?????

shocked

We were just too dumb to know better!!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Steve, you need to write a book, or if you have, another one...

(Snipped)

...You guys are such a bunch of lamo's.

I'll be sure to do that. smile

In the meantime, I'll post "Why I Don't Hunt with No School Teachers" in the humör section. I may have posted it here a few years ago, but it's too much work to find it. It's easier to repost.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

Lest You forget let me remind you, even again, of the barrel deresonator ...

You guys are such a bunch of lamo's.

I did indeed completely forget about the Barrel Donut! laugh

[Linked Image]

But we ALL forgot about Plastic Tipped Bullets!!

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Which donut is better as a barrel deresonater,chocolate or glazed?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Glazed.

Definitely.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Jelly Filled, SHEESH! laugh

Trump Won!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
How do you know if your barrel needs deresoning???

Founder

WS

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
He gets that vibratory tingle running up both legs at the break of the trigger. eek shocked

Trump Won!
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
How do you know if your barrel needs deresoning???
Put the glazed donut on and shoot it. If it shoots better with the donut on,leave it on. wink

Jelly filled donuts are for the plastic stocked firearms. whistle

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Sorry Ken. I like Gunners answer better!!!

wink

Founder

WS

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Glazed.

Definitely.

I must beg to differ with the Poobah.

Different strokes for different folks... about 80% anyway according to Travis.

[Linked Image]

John

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by gunner500
He gets that vibratory tingle running up both legs at the break of the trigger. eek shocked

I can't help it but your post just reminded me of Chris Matthews pissing his pants when he hears Obama talking! grin

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Sorry Ken. I like Gunners answer better!!!

wink
Not a problem. grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jpb

[Linked Image]

John

OK...if that chocolate donut stinks..this is really deplorable.....

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (358WCF, 300_savage, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 29aholic, 11 invisible), 1,349 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,207
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.