Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Robert_White,

they don't have an affordable 1x6 Carbine scope.

Isn't a 6mm objective kind of small?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Are you that dense?

I would venture he meant a 1-6x?.....

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
Robert_White,

they don't have an affordable 1x6 Carbine scope.

Isn't a 6mm objective kind of small?

1x6x24
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-HD-1-6x24-Tactical-30mm-Riflescope-P53845.aspx

It is one grand. Ouch.
In my mind this niche is wide open. I know nothing of optics manufacturing but why are good 1x4's half that price?

If somebody came out with an affordable rugged 1x6x24 with forgiving eyebox and various reticle options. And cranky knobs that repeat like SWFA, and did I mention forgiving eye-box? I would be all over that. And something long enough to help with mounting on a Rem-700 long action etc. That would be perfection. 30-Mm tube or better. YOu bet.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Thanks for your answer.

Got another question,the tube on that Weaver 4x is long and will fit any rifle with room to spare. Now I have a Leupold 2x-7x that I wanted to put on a Remington M 700 .375 RUM and the tube is too short,will you make scopes with longer tubes like the Weaver 4x?

Yes,I can put the Leupold on,but I don't like using extension rings.

I have a Leupold 2.5-8 on a 416 Rigby CZ and the rings just fit before the bell and ocular. Its actually pretty fun to send that 410gr'r down to 300 yards with not too crazy of a drop.
But, I hear ya and mounting length will certainly play into any scope like that. Also, we just added our dimensions and mounting lengths to the website as well.

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics
Thanks for your answer.

Got another question,the tube on that Weaver 4x is long and will fit any rifle with room to spare. Now I have a Leupold 2x-7x that I wanted to put on a Remington M 700 .375 RUM and the tube is too short,will you make scopes with longer tubes like the Weaver 4x?

Yes,I can put the Leupold on,but I don't like using extension rings.

I have a Leupold 2.5-8 on a 416 Rigby CZ and the rings just fit before the bell and ocular. Its actually pretty fun to send that 410gr'r down to 300 yards with not too crazy of a drop.
But, I hear ya and mounting length will certainly play into any scope like that. Also, we just added our dimensions and mounting lengths to the website as well.
Had one of those,but I had a Weaver 2.5x on it with IIRC Talleys QD on it. The Weaver was their new 2.5x,had it on the .416 and a "little" .375 H&H. Wish I kept that scope. Do have an older Weaver 2.5x that is destined for a big bore.

Have a Leupold 1-4x on a .375 H&H and on my varmint rifle.....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Good luck with this company and if you ever get a fixed power scope on the market I would be interested in a 2.5x, 4x or a 6x with your T-Plex.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Ken,

You sure don't mind the recoil. Haven't had a chance to shoot a 460 weatherby. Shot a 416 weatherby and that had a little more snap to it than I imagined. Makes me love my Rigby even more.

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
RHutch,

Are you that dense?

You can venture all you want. Words and symbols mean things. If one wants to communicate, one should learn to communicate so that everyone knows what's being said. If he posted I want a 6X24 does he mean a 6X with a 24mm objective? It sure would look that way to me.

Everyday Hunter
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Trevor,the .460 is loaded down to where I can handle the recoil,it also has the Pendleton muzzle brake and that helps a lot too. smile

Last edited by elkhunternm; 07/16/16.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
RHutch,

Are you that dense?

You can venture all you want. Words and symbols mean things. If one wants to communicate, one should learn to communicate so that everyone knows what's being said. If he posted I want a 6X24 does he mean a 6X with a 24mm objective? It sure would look that way to me.

So, when you see 3x9 you believe it's 3X with a 9mm objective?

GMAFB...that is just dumb.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
RDW,

When I see this kind of communicating and acceptance I'm reminded of Rush's oft used phrase, "The dumbing down of America." If someone posts, "My last optics is a 7-35 is he talking about a scope or a binocular?" Words and symbols mean things.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Trevor,the .460 is loaded down to where I can handle the recoil,it also has the Pendleton muzzle brake and that helps a lot too. smile

Love it. I want one even more.

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Get one! smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
RHutch,

Are you that dense?

Did your parents have any kids that lived

Symbols do mean something.

But anyone with a 3rd grade education knows when you're talking rifle scopes the first 2 numbers are always the magnification range.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
RDW,

When I see this kind of communicating and acceptance I'm reminded of Rush's oft used phrase, "The dumbing down of America." If someone posts, "My last optics is a 7-35 is he talking about a scope or a binocular?" Words and symbols mean things.

Do you have a 7mm-35mm then?

There is a common parlance in optics...apparently your planet doesn't have such

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Let me field test the Toric 10x binocular up here in AK. I got hunts lined up from August to November.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Appreciate all the messages and posts guys. I apologize it it takes a day or two to get back to some of you. Just added more info and specs to the site. I know Elk was mentioned mounting lengths, so those are up on the site now.

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Appreciate all the messages and posts guys. I apologize it it takes a day or two to get back to some of you. Just added more info and specs to the site. I know Elk was mentioned mounting lengths, so those are up on the site now.

That is what happens when you have a job. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have never heard of this brand.

Is it any good?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T

That is what happens when you have a job. wink

Boy howdie. This is peak season for PD in both finishing and hunting categories for different timelines. Love what I do and wouldn't change it for anything. The outdoor industry is a passion turned into career.

Originally Posted by deflave
I have never heard of this brand.

Is it any good?

Dave

Hi Dave,

We are a new company. Check out out site and some of the reviews. In a nutshell, we are a direct to consumer company, that way we can get you quality optics at better prices. No added in margin for middle men. Heres a couple of reviews by American rifleman and Outdoor life. There another thread here just posted with an initial review as well. Feel free to send over any questions or comments:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/articles...ed?dom=odl&loc=hpslider2&lnk=IMG

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/7/3/nra-gun-gear-of-the-week-tract-optics/

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
If you love what you do,you never work a day in your life! wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 74 invisible), 3,121 guests, and 1,392 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,480
Posts18,471,781
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.