Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Bighorn Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Been thinking about a hunt trip my wife and I took to the New Zealand South Island, for Tahr, Chamois, and Red Stag. On our first night, we went to a restaurant where we had Red Deer, green lipped mussels, and Montieths Black ale. A better meal is hard to imagine.

What is your best?

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
When I was living/working in Ras Laffan Qatar we would drive out to a small village, Al Khor, and eat the finest Indian food ever. Usually four of us would go and order multiple dishes and feast. Memorable meals every one.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Kudu tenderloin and all the fixins on safari in Africa, I don't posses the culinary wisdom to even describe how good they were.

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Homemade bread and stew in the mountains of Bosnia.

Side of Cevapcici.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunner500
Kudu tenderloin and all the fixins on safari in Africa, I don't posses the culinary wisdom to even describe how good they were.

Kudu with langoustines (in garlic butter), roast potatoes, baby carrots and salad, accompanied by an ice cold Windhoek lager. My most memorable meal about 4 years ago in Stellenbosch at a wild game restaurant that is now sadly, closed.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
fish tacos in Cabo, fresh caught fish, sliced up, grilled and fresh fixins on fresh tortillas

ohh baby

kudu filets, have always heard they're good, that may have to go on the bucket list

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You won't believe how good kudu tenderloin is.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I work in Mexico every other week. A few blocks from the hotel is an Argentinian steakhouse. 30 day dry aged ribeyes and French fries with a whole grilled onion, think bloomin onion cut, and basted in Worcestershire is hard to beat.

And it beats all to hell the ant larvae or guey worms the place next door serves.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sapporo Lion (Ginza lion)Restaurant, Tokyo

hands down, the best

Sam......

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
About 10 years ago my wife and I were in Paris and went to a totally generic neighborhood place for dinner. They had something that was like a Shepherd's Pie, but it was made with Pheasant. Absolutely amazing.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Small pub in the Temple Bar area of Dublin, Guinness Beef and Mushroom stew, served with fresh hot brown bread with fresh local butter and a pint of Smithwicks on tap.Good comfort food. Second place goes to the Cuban Club in Gitmo, Pork Tenderloin chops with a mushroom sauce and rice. Damned good eats, and beat the galley chow hands down.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've had a number of memorable meals but one in Brussels was very memorable. It was mussels in a wine sauce. Excellent!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
1968... 7 course meal in the Queens Hotel in Hong Kong.

OMG, I remember the wine was Blue Nun '64.
It was like you were a king, and I was only 21 year old country bunkin'...

Then I had to get back to real life in Vietnam, the VC needed targets...

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
A little place near Jerash in Jordan. Persian chicken, saffron rice, olives, and flat bread right out of a brick oven.

Or, a nandos chicken sandwich and chili chips in s. Africa.

Bb

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Miss Mauds in Perth Australia (1997)

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Piegari in BA Argentina couple different times. One time was when I had the honor of taking my step-father to Argentina touring him around the country with the help of my friend who hosted us at his different ranches. Phenomenal pasta, excellent steaks and absolutely excellent wine and champagne. Wasn't very long afterwards that my step-father passed away after a brief battle with cancer.

During the same trip we were working cattle and they made a late lunch for us over a wood fire in the barn. Ate right next to the chute. Extremely good asado and wonderful company with great friends including my step-father and my mentor that I also invited and took down there with me.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a tie between eland tenderloin cooked over mopane coals in Zimbabwe and a thick cut pork chop topped with king crab in Petropavlovsk on the Kamchatka peninsula of Russia.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Make no mistake about it Portugal.

Incredible restaurant on the River Ordo near the Palacio da Bolsa.

Pork chunks in virgin olive oil with apricots and peach slices with rice. Incredible beyond words.

Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Kolvig Restaurant in Ribe, Denmark.

Fresh Atlantic Halibut fried crisp with scrambled eggs and free-flowing, aged, Akvavit.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Beef tenderloin at a restaurant in Guadalajara Mexico.

I'm an airline pilot and do a lot of international trips. Generally I find better food outside the U.S. Recently I've had amazing meals at an Iraqi restaurant in Dubai and Indian food in Bangalore. The best consistently good place was Italy when I was stationed there in the military in the mid '90's. I never had a bad meal in Italy.

There are plenty of good restaurants in the U.S. but as a rule they're generic and serve too much processed stuff. A good local joint in most parts of the world is going to serve better stuff than most U.S. restaurants as long as you're open to trying new things and don't turn up your nose at foods that are unfamiliar to you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (35, 4th_point, 257 roberts, 257_X_50, 21, 8 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,779
Posts18,536,021
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.