Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
FYI --

The deal is off. They wouldn't accept a lower offer and I can't invest that kind of money in the cerakoted guns -- they were the majority of the inventory.

I apologize. I was given bad information in the beginning. I suspected something was astray after I issued a PO and couldn't get confirmation in a timely fashion.

Had they all been stainless as I was told, it would be a different story.

I'll keep watching for deals, but unfortunately this one fell through. I know there is egg on my face over this ordeal, but in the end it just wasn't a good business decision once the inventory changed.

I completely understand. You have been very good to the forum Darrick, no apology necessary.

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
SAS, Thanks for trying! We'll get in on the next deal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think you got egg on your face at all. You were 100% straight forward about the deal which is 99% better than a lot of dealers now days.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I hate to be the naysayer of the group but if you can chose calibers, $350 for any of these, cerakoted or not, still sounds like a good deal in my opinion. Cerakoting doesn't really hurt anything and is a lot easier to maintain than blue.

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
FYI --

The deal is off. They wouldn't accept a lower offer and I can't invest that kind of money in the cerakoted guns -- they were the majority of the inventory.

I apologize. I was given bad information in the beginning. I suspected something was astray after I issued a PO and couldn't get confirmation in a timely fashion.

I'll keep watching for deals, but unfortunately this one fell through. I know there is egg on my face over this ordeal, but in the end it just wasn't a good business decision once the inventory changed.

Absolutely zero need to apologize for a vendor providing you with inaccurate information, an action/act that was totally out of your control.

Considering the volume of business that you do, I'm surprised that the vendor isn't falling over himself apologizing to you.

Thank you for giving the 24HCF crew "first dibs" on great deals, like the limited run of RAR-Predators in 260 and the close out on the stainless Marlin XS7s.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
No egg , saved me some money. Good thing because I blew out the knee and haven't worked for 2 months.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FYI --

Pffft. No egg on your face as far as I'm concerned.

The only egg-on-face is Howa and I'm not surprised to learn their ship isn't exactly the tightest one in the fleet. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Pretty sure the malefactor is LSI, the U.S. distributor, not Howa. SAS would know for sure.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pappy, I believe you're right.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For all those that were hoping to get a SS .25-06, I've got one for sale. http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11388217/

IC B3

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 81 invisible), 2,745 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,478
Posts18,471,694
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.