Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
CLEVELAND — Texas Senator Ted Cruz was denied entry into billionaire GOP donor Sheldon Adleson’s suite following his speech at the Republican National Convention Wednesday night, Independent Journal Review has confirmed.

A former U.S. Senator inside the Adelson’s luxury box at the Quicken Loans arena told Independent Journal Review that Cruz approached the suite after he finished his speech that fell short of endorsing Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

Cruz was not welcome in the suite because he’s a piece of sh*t,” the Senator said.

Cruz was stopped at the door because several attendees inside the suite were furious with his decision to not endorse Trump. An aide to Adelson then confirmed that Cruz was turned away.

A spokesperson for Cruz was not immediately available for comment.

Multiple other news outlets reported the incident. BuzzFeed and CNN reported that Cruz was denied entry, which coincided with an outburst by Washington State Republican Party chairman Susan Hutchison, who had to be physically restrained.

During his speech, Cruz briefly congratulated Trump on obtaining the party’s nomination, but avoided mentioning his name any further.

Rather, Cruz touched on hot issues such as animosity toward police and the rise of violent extremism in the Middle East.

At the end of his speech, Cruz told RNC attendees to vote in line with founding principles, without mentioning the GOP’s newly minted nominee.

“And to those listening, please, don’t stay home in November,” Cruz said. “Stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution.”

http://ijr.com/2016/07/655387-ted-c...don-adelsons-suite-following-rnc-speech/

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, the establishment Republicans don't like him now?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RWE
Anyone who loves America has abandoned him now, as a small, petty, self-serving, narcissist.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RWE

They never did......

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

I'd be surprised if his own dog would have anything to do with him.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

NOBODY likes him, now. He burned every bridge he had to anybody, anywhere. Ted Cruz: The Most Hated Man In Congress

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Cruz shot holes in both his feet! Only reason he spoke was for the 'exposure' for his next attempt at becoming POTUS and frankly I think he has schitt in his mess kit!!

TEXANS have long memories!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by RWE
Anyone who loves America has abandoned him now, as a small, petty, self-serving, narcissist.

Damn straight. The televangelist is done. Now we need to get behind the huge, self serving, narcissist carnival barker. grin

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
As the joke goes in Congress. Why do people take an instant disliking to Ted Cruz? To save time.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Cruz's malady goes beyond a personality disorder. He's mentally ill.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still don't fully understand why people are mad he didn't endorse Trump.

That was not going to happen.

But I fully understand their anger with his "get out and vote for Hillary so I can take another run at president in 2020" swipe.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
If Mcconnell has a hair on his arse he should take Cruz's office and give him a broom closet in the bowels of the senate office building to use and make him sit on the other side of the isle in the far back and refuse to recognize him the chair. If he wants to be a petty biotch then treat him as he is.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
If Mcconnell has a hair on his arse he should take Cruz's office and give him a broom closet in the bowels of the senate office building to use and make him sit on the other side of the isle in the far back and refuse to recognize him the chair. If he wants to be a petty biotch then treat him as he is.

Bitch McConnell is a shit bird himself. Fuck him.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

Bitch McConnell is a shit bird himself. Fuck him.

^^^Your answer to the equation is perfect^^^

McConnell is a boy bith for neocons. Kick him out of the senate!

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I certainly agree that an endorsement would have been fitting. The dude really shot himself in the foot, and he let us down for sure. How about Kasich??? Why does he get a free pass? The convention is in his state and he isn't even there. What's up with that and where is the scorn for him? At least Cruz have an inspiring speech to fire up the base. Kasich was a.w.o.l!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by KFWA

But I fully understand their anger with his "get out and vote for Hillary so I can take another run at president in 2020" swipe.

You missed the point. It's not so much that he didn't endorse the 45th President of the United States, it's that he tacitly endorse himself and dissed the convention.

Donald Trump is no fool. In fact, Hillary ain't in his intellectual league. Trump knew exactly what Cruz was going to do at the convention. He let him stick his foot in his mouth thus revealing his lack of honor and integrity and piss-poor character. In essence, Donald Trump gave him a national venue to destroy his political career. Cruz pulled it off just as expected. He's done. Texans will never reelect that con artist.

Last edited by SakoAV; 07/21/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump insulted Cruz's wife and father. What would you do? smirk

If he had explicitly endorsed Trump, there'd be people saying, "That SOB! Ignoring insults to his own family, for the sake of politics!!!!"

I wish they could have worked it out, but I understand why they didn't

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA

It was bad manners on the part of Ted Cruz to show up at Donald Trump's nomination and not endorse him. If Ted Cruz was not going to endorse him then he should have stayed home.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
He's obviously not into the New Testament. Were I him I'd have not given a speech at the RNC at all, but I'm not obviously not him.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Trump insulted Cruz's wife and father. What would you do? smirk

If he had explicitly endorsed Trump, there'd be people saying, "That SOB! Ignoring insults to his own family, for the sake of politics!!!!"

I wish they could have worked it out, but I understand why they didn't

Please, Cruz could have acknowledged the personal differences and said that they still remain. He could have also said that this was bigger than personal differences and personalities and that between Trump and Hillary, Trump must win.

An endorsement that preserves his honor.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 57 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,943
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.