Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Couple of years ago, my daughter gave her husband a Citizen Eco-Drive WR200 watch for Christmas. He has not used it, and it was dead in a drawer.
I was up visiting today, and he said it was a sore subject with his wife, and that it was just too complicated for him to figure out. Now the lad is not stupid, he has a MBA, and is Director of Operations for a very large hospital.
I brought it home, and went on line to find the instructions. Short of Astrophysics or Quantum Mechanics, I have never seen anything so difficult.
I have it charging in the kitchen window, and will tackle it tomorrow. If any of you guys have one of these, and can shed some light on how to get it programmed, I would sure appreciate it. shocked crazy

Sam......

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a couple, great watches. if it gets charged it will work for like 6 months.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
The charge indicator says it's charging up. Trying to figure out how to set it for radio reception, and how to set all the features is daunting.
The 88 page manual is almost incomprehensible. This will be a challenge. smile

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's interesting; with the exponential increase in information and technology (and almost everything else) one can be a master of one field but flounder helplessly about around the edges in another. So much that is learnable and so little time to do it in even if one can muster the motivation.

Sorry I can't help with the watch but chimed in just generally after getting a new iPad and hoping all was set up discovered all is not in sync in Appleville. And I can't fix it.

If one can't do it, one can certainly muse about it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny, I actually have the Citizen BL8000 "Master of Complications" watch.
It took some time to learn, but I have the basics down.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Get a G-Shock by Casio and you wont have to mess with it for 7+ years.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've got this old watch, doesn't even take batteries (amazing to the grandkids), all it does is tell time and the date and you have to reset the date after every month that doesn't have 31 days. Been through hell and high water with me since 1969. Guess I'll ride it out with the old contraption...got an iPhone for all the fancy stuff.

Mathew 22: 37-39

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah I have Citizen Eco Drive, but I only have had it for a few months.

I had a Cabelas titanium watch for years, it started loosing time even with new batteries. I found out it was the time piece, 100 dollars later and it was good for about a year. After that I went with the Citizen.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Very easy to use.

Fück Joe byron
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

I don't even got to click on the video to see what the problem is , that watch is way overloaded with bullshit.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I did not even think of YouTube. That might be the answer. My preferred watch is an Omega Seamaster self wind. It does everything I need, and I figured it all out years ago. smile

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bought a Rolex back in '69. It's bullet proof and still ticks. Ain't broke, ain't gonna fix it.

laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I buy a cheap-azz Timex every three or four years. They keep good time, and I'm the only one who wears a watch wear I work anyway. Everyone else uses their damned phones.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 6mm250

I don't even got to click on the video to see what the problem is , that watch is way overloaded with bullshit.

Mike
LMAO... I'm right with ya on that one..

I rarely wear a watch any more - probably not more than a couple times a year.. If I need the time it's on my flip phone.. But the watches I do have tell time and date - NOTHING else is needed..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't wear a watch normally, except when I'm hunting. I had an old Timex for years, but eventually, it crapped out. About 10 years ago, I bought a simple Citizen that just tells time. The thing is great, plus the numbers and hands glow in the dark. When hunting season comes, I just have to remember to get it out and charge it up.

I've got a smart phone for all of the high tech schit.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't wear a watch a bunch anymore. Hell, Probably haven't in years. I was digging through my dresser and came across my Ironman that I paid about $45 for 10 years ago. The date and time were still correct.

Camp is where you make it.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have one... Best watch I have ever had...I have been wearing it for about 9 years work and play and it has never ran down....I have never reset it and it still looks mint....It has gained 1 minute it 9 years..When it quits I will get another...I am beginning to thank it might out live me!!!!!

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
S
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
S
I have two watches a Rolex that my wife gave me for Christmas 20+ years ago and a $20 Casio that I wear most of the time. The Rolex is mostly a piece of expensive jewelry and isn't nearly as accurate as the Casio. Nevertheless, it's a finely made time piece. However, me wearing a Rolex is like putting $7500 saddle on a $2 horse.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I went by the local watch expert shop. They said I had to leave the watch, and it would cost between $75 and $100 to set it.
Hrumph..........
Went home, and called Citizen. I pretended to be a dumb old phart, and a sweet little gal walked me through the steps. She was very patient, very knowledgeable, very willing to spend the time. Did not cost me anything.
The watch is now set, everything works perfect, she explained all about how it works, and said call back any time.
Now THAT is top flight customer service. I was very grateful, and very impressed.

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1936M71, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,431 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.