Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i work with these kind of young people. capri pants, slippers, man buns and zero common sense. i am the ONLY one in an office of about 125 people who knows that it is bad to plug 4 space heaters into a 20 amp circuit and what to do about the subsequent affect.

i blame mcdonalds chicken mcnuggets for the rise of the effiminate male.

i thank god every day for my construction working, fire fighting, chick loving sons.

My diploma is a DD214

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
i work with these kind of young people. capri pants, slippers, man buns and zero common sense. i am the ONLY one in an office of about 125 people who knows that it is bad to plug 4 space heaters into a 20 amp circuit and what to do about the subsequent affect.

You've seen what I've seen.

i thank god every day for my construction working, fire fighting, chick loving sons.

I blame Friends and Seinfeld smile

Likewise!!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I have no idea why guys are more feminine these days. I'm 29 and can fix or at least patch up most anything non electrical and kill, gut, skin, cut, and wrap most any creature on land or sea. I grew up in a rural area in a tight knit family or hard working men and women. I was expected to work from a young age and have been hunting and fishing since before I could walk.

I will tell you this though. After 5 years as foreman in a shop I had a much harder time with the 19-27 year olds not knowing how to read and do simple math than I did with them dressing like chicks or having a hairdo that bothered me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Pretty interesting thread.

I grew up in a very provincial, agricultural locale in NW Iowa. My father, a decorated WWII vet, grew up through the Depression, the last of eight kids on a farm and I don't think my Dutch immigrant grandparents-his parents- had the time or energy to pay attention.

He was a quiet farm kid who became a book worm then a taciturn father and professor. He could paint houses, change the oil, and mow the lawn but his aptitude and interest in those things went no further than that. My siblings and I are very similar in that respect though I differ completely in having been a gun nut and hunter since I could lug my hand-me-down Daisy Red Rider around the neighborhood with neither instruction nor a mentor. Somehow I survived partially due to the forgiving Mayberryesque environment I grew up in.

Part of what I think we are observing now in the culture and among the young is the result of modernism followed by postmodernism that is being driven by the cultural elites. When you say there is no truth, wrong or right, jettison Judeau-Christian values, and that reality is determined by your feelings, there is a great leveling of what is good and evil ("they" cannot even say Muslim terrorist let alone that it is from the Pit of Hell), a denial of American exceptionalism and an the embracing of multiculturalism when we know that while we believe in personal equality, all cultures are not equal or add positively to that of another. We have certainly observed that. The elites determining what the culture should embrace in beliefs and world view, Marxists used to call cultural hegemony. Probably still do.

The result of this denial of our traditional values has been stunted public education and turned it into a social engineering process. The constant and instant communication of our technology age enables the cultural centers to impose on us what we call political correctness which is really has a dampening effect on the First Amendment right without being seen as overtly doing it. It's a step toward fascism and our youth in the 20's and 30's know no better and generally are ignorant of our history and have not been taught in our schools to think. Social engineering is indoctrination.

It's a generalization to be sure and there are exceptions but the trajectory we are on is not an uplifting one.

'Course I just had a birthday and probably qualify for curmudgeon status.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hatari
We often lament the decline of the "Man's man" and the rise of the Metrosexual. My trip to Home Depot this weekend gave me reason to pause and consider the trend.

I was there to get a toilet rebuilt kit. Simple enough to change out the old innards in the tank. Takes all of ten minutes. While I'm grabbing the kit, a couple in there late twenties is in the same aisle and discussing their project that somehow involved a paint brush. The dominant female was telling the Metro male she was going back to get paint brush in the paint department. He seemed confused. "You're going to buy a paint brush?" "Yes, I need a paint brush." Simple enough, but the dude had that same look and sound of uncertainty as my wife when tell her things like "the crank sensor went out on your car" or "our son's online gaming is eating all of our bandwidth". It is the look of someone who really doesn't grasp the situation well enough to understand it.

Divorce has given America two generations of a bunch males raised by Mom. Very few of these moms were hand around the house and could even change a lightbulb in most cases. Nobody taught the boys the basics of being a useful handyman. I'm sure Mr. Metro would have needed to go online and watch 90 minutes of Youtube videos before he would have had the courage to tackle my toilet project.

That same situation has raised boys without hunting, without fishing, without guns. They have been led by the Matriarchal school system and we have on our hands a bunch of neutered young males that are used to taking orders from women. Some women will like that just fine, but none will ever really respect the neutered male. They have girl friends to gossip and shop with. They can use a man who is handy around the house and projects and image of strength instead of someone who is weak and vulnerable like the women often feel in threatening situations.

Maybe I'm jaded. Anyone else have that observation?

My first bet would be the stupid kgunt has 15 paint brushes at home but the guy didn't want to stir drama in front of strangers so just shrugged it off while the dumb kgunt went and found a paintbrush.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I blame the Boomers.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Two daughters, 9 and 13, they love to change oil, saw boards, do plumbing work. It is funny as hell to see little girl hands covered with dirty oil, up to the elbows.

I use a version of moms line when she was showing me how to do "women's" work. "You need to know how to do this in case you marry a woman who can't." I follow with a threat to shoot any pussified guy they bring around.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those generations you're bitching about...what generations raised them and educated them? Apples don't fall far from trees, and the American forest is pretty damned rotten, IMHO.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Two daughters, 9 and 13, they love to change oil, saw boards, do plumbing work. It is funny as hell to see little girl hands covered with dirty oil, up to the elbows.

I use a version of moms line when she was showing me how to do "women's" work. "You need to know how to do this in case you marry a woman who can't." I follow with a threat to shoot any pussified guy they bring around.

Ditto. My daughter is a lot more comfortable in camo or oil stained jeans than any pink frilly schit that her mother wants her to wear. Her mother hates it, but that's a reflection on her and not the kid.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by deflave

I blame the Boomers.

Clark

It's what the boomers let into their homes
Tee Vee

It was Jerry "Mad Dog" Shriver (SFC E-7)who said:
"No, no, I've got them right where I want them -- surrounded from the inside."

http://www.macvsog.cc/1969.htm
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I blame the Boomers.

Clark

That won't go over well, but it's Gospel. The Boomers were/are, without peer, the worst generation in American history and if the Republic finally falls it be their legacy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep, I am one of that group and I agree. "Our generation" left the road.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

I blame the Boomers.

Clark

That won't go over well, but it's Gospel. The Boomers were/are, without peer, the worst generation in American history and if the Republic finally falls it be their legacy.

As I said, "we" left the road but the subterfuge that resulted in that began long before.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kingston
So what was the paintbrush for?

Tickling his vagina...

The pussy type guys make me flippin sick. Metro sexual are stupid but lumbersexuals carry around tools they can't even use! Idiots! I can't stand any of them f'ers.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The worst thing about being a badass is that as soon as you aren't doing something(badass) you either get really bored or the mind starts thinking too much.

Thank God for beer.

Seriously though most decent knowledge is passed down. Or learned the hard way through trial and error.

Or googled...

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Funny,
I am starting to see it go the other way. I am the milleniAL who has to do all his elderly neighbors handyman work. I much prefer taking a young guy hunting instead of an old stubborn pain in the neck. You know the ones in too poor shape to get off a quad and walk 100 yards then complain they don't see deer, or shoot a deer with a sks and drag it 500 yards in the wrong direction from the road, then when I drag it and bring it home and butcher they throw it in their trunk, clean hands and all while not even saying thank you or offering to dispoke of the carcass. Yep, noticed a lot of free loading, complaining, old lions lately. Probably spend the next 20 years supporting them when they poss away every penny and go on the dole. Ahh, 60 year Olds the next social welfare crisis:)

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Probably leave a bunch of useless 270s to their kids too

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
[bleep] Clark beat me to it. B@$+ard, some of us gotta work.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"That same situation has raised boys without hunting, without fishing, without guns. They have been led by the Matriarchal school system and we have on our hands a bunch of neutered young males that are used to taking orders from women. Some women will like that just fine, but none will ever really respect the neutered male."

Truer words were never spoken.
I am 65 years old. I have dealt with the modern Feminist gals since college in 1970, the beginnings of the modern Feminist movement. I met and was dating many of these modern Feminist gals, hell, they were the only girls around!
These gals say they want a "sensitive" male, a guy who will reveal his inner feelings, a guy who they can talk to.

That is what they say, but they don't really mean it. They will pal around with such a guy, even screw him and marry him, but they don't respect him. In fact they despise the soft, feminized male.

The modern Feminists cannot escape their dna.
15,000 years ago our ancestors lived in Ice Age Europe. It was a brutal life.
The female who chose a soft man, a man who could not stalk and kill the cave bear, the man who could not start a fire, was a female whose children died. And she died, too. Her dna was eliminated.

Back then, for many hundreds of generations, the female who survived was the one who chose a rugged man, the man who could hunt and kill, and eat the cave bear. Who could light the fire, to keep the family warm on the minus 40 degree nights. The man who could fight and kill other men who wanted to take their family over.

For many hundreds of generations, the only females who survived were the ones who chose tough, rugged, fighting men.

So, in accord with Feminist philosophy they say that they want a soft, gentle man. It is a lie.
Their dna demands a tough rugged man who can fight, who can light a fire, who can kill if necessary.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
The worst thing about being a badass is that as soon as you aren't doing something(badass) you either get really bored or the mind starts thinking too much.

Thank God for beer.

Seriously though most decent knowledge is passed down. Or learned the hard way through trial and error.

Or googled...
yup i get bored pretty easy.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 62 invisible), 2,157 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,031
Posts18,481,886
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.