Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
So ok, one more question. What's the law on auto or assisted opening and butterfly knifes in Texas?

Event y'all I will purchase a BM

GB1

V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
I like the Osborne and Seibert models.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Autos and assisted ok. Not sure on Balisong. You need to read up on length and double-edged statutes. San Antonio has some of their own knife laws. Not sure if they have been "pre-empted" by the state.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by viking
Thanks.

So y'all that own a BM folder, do they loosen up and get sloppy, or do their screws stay tight.

They stay tight.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
So ok, one more question. What's the law on auto or assisted opening and butterfly knifes in Texas?

I only obey laws is agree with.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks.

So y'all that own a BM folder, do they loosen up and get sloppy, or do their screws stay tight.

I've only carried my Benchmade Barrage for maybe 6-7 years now. Carried every day, used every day, it is still perfect.

A buddy bought a benchmade 25 years ago, and he is rough on stuff. His is still perfect, but he has replaced the pocket clip a couple of times.

Edit; I see my buddies knife at least a couple of times a year now to sharpen it. He carried it for several years before it ever got sharpened.

Last edited by johnw; 07/25/16.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

V
viking Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
I wouldn't expect anything less. Lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

These are now legal to carry

[Linked Image]

although I generally don't carry it, because it's collectible, and people pizz their pants when you fire it. There's actually a couple of Microtech OTF's that are larger, and presumably more intimidating...

I like this one to carry as a heavy duty user:

[Linked Image]

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Thanks. So y'all that own a BM folder, do they loosen up and get sloppy, or do their screws stay tight.

Mine hasnt...been carried every day for 3 years

Nor mine and I've been carrying them and using them hard for a long time.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was in REI and a Benchmade Bushcrafter caught my eye. Mind you, I think that whole thing is goofy, but the knife itself felt so damn good in my hand that I ended up buying it a few days later. I don't know if it'll function any better than my Buck Vanguard for dismantling animals but it'll have more class doing so. At least I hope so, for what I paid for the damn thing. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Also, my daily carry knife is a Benchmade Vex... made in China. Yeah, they did that briefly. Best $40 I ever spent. I abuse is mercilessly- it's why I bought it; didn't want to do that to my more expensive Benchmade folder. Takes an edge, holds an edge, locks up tight, the handle is some indestructible composite material... great value.

If I lost it I'd buy another on eBay (it's discontinued).

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
A few years back I decided to take a VG-10 paring knife blank and make new hunting knife out of it. Last year I sharpened it for the first time. I had used it for 3 years. It had gutted, skinned, quartered and deboned 9 deer plus the usual random jobs a hunting knife does. It was still sharp. Just not like fresh off the stone sharp, I could notice it wasn't the razor it started out as.

I have yet to see anything hold an edge like VG-10.

I have an oversize Santoku Dale Atkerson made out of very thick D2 for me that he had Rick Menefee harden and temper. That knife is a slicing SOB. I have cut up a bunch of deer on formica with it and it doesn't get dull. Not quite so easy to sharpen as the VG-10, but not bad at all.

Well made knives out of the best steels are well worth whatever they cost.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 65 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,414
Posts18,470,481
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.