Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I know a lot of "well regulated" men, friends and family that take it upon themselves regularly to maintain a well regulated state.

Their muskets are in good repair and they have a good supply of powder and ball. When the day comes that those folks have to prove to the king or queen, that they're well regulated and licensed, that's the day that powder and ball gets used.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you think the "it can't happen here" mentality is strong in the U.S., you need to talk to some "(wo)man on the street" Euro types. Rome is burning, and these people are far closer and far more oblivious to it.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
I know I am in the minority on the fire, but we need a similar Federal license in the US to cut down on those who really shouldn't have firearms.

The Constitution ensures that we can have firearms, but it it also says we should be "well regulated."

The Constitution was written for white men who were landowners and who were "responsible". At the time, it included men who fought duels and it is doubtful they were responsible, only privileged.

While the courts have modified this for modern times, it appears to me firearms should be limited to responsible people through licensing.

For those who fear confiscation, look at the gun control act of 1934. Those folks who comply can own fully automatic weapons, silencers and short barreled weapons. Show me where class III folks have ever been harassed by government if they complied.

By the way, I have been a life member of the NRA since 1966.

While educating yourself on the other fine points made to your incredible lack of comprehension, take a peek at the SCOTUS decision and history surrounding US vs Miller to see how far wrong that deal went...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
I know I am in the minority on the fire, but we need a similar Federal license in the US to cut down on those who really shouldn't have firearms.

The Constitution ensures that we can have firearms, but it it also says we should be "well regulated."

The Constitution was written for white men who were landowners and who were "responsible". At the time, it included men who fought duels and it is doubtful they were responsible, only privileged.

While the courts have modified this for modern times, it appears to me firearms should be limited to responsible people through licensing.

For those who fear confiscation, look at the gun control act of 1934. Those folks who comply can own fully automatic weapons, silencers and short barreled weapons. Show me where class III folks have ever been harassed by government if they complied.

Dear God, the stupid is astounding.

Read the f'kin' 2A. Then, read it again until you actually understand it.

No doubt you were part of the NRA that sold us out in 1968 and during the 1970s.

I am not 100% convinced they are doing everything they could...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The serious problem is that the US homicide rate is four times the rate of most Western European countries, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, and Eight times the rate of Switzerland where most have firearms and those that do are licensed.

This has nothing to do with paranoia/ignorance just looking at cold hard data available to all.
It has ALWAYS been higher in the US than in some other countries.

Never been any different.

The ONLY think you can confiscate to make a difference is all handguns, which is something like 85% to 90% of firearm homicides.

That ain't happening without overturning Heller and the 2nd Amendment.

I do encourage you to apply to emigrate to Canada or France or Germany though.

I think it's very important that you feel safe. And that's not going to happen here. So leave.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun
We have very serious problems with firearms in this country and what you guys preach isn't helping. I want RESPONSIBLE people to have firearms and that requires checking if they are.

Very serious problems? Such as the homicide rate being at an almost all time low since records started being kept in 1906?

That kind of serious problem?

Or is it maybe that you're just another guy who fell for the mainstream media's paranois and ignorance?

The serious problem is that the US homicide rate is four times the rate of most Western European countries, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, and Eight times the rate of Switzerland where most have firearms and those that do are licensed.

This has nothing to do with paranoia/ignorance just looking at cold hard data available to all.

The data is soft and extremely mushy...

Who is doing the counting?

What are they counting?

Why are they counting?

When do they count?

How do they count?

Include suicides in the US numbers but nowhere else and the numbers are close. Exclude suicides and the even with the race issues the US drops a bunch of places.

Just use race and compare homeland numbers to US numbers and the answers are pretty obvious it ain't the guns causing the problems...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We do not have a gun problem, we have a black problem. If you adjust black crime out of the equation we have one of the least violent societies.

And we have a revolving door justice system problem that keeps the violent criminals out on the street. In Chicago the police present about FIFTY good, clean cases of felon in possession or possession in the commission of a felony for every ONE case that is prosecuted as such.

Government has no more right to license our ownership of guns than it does to license reading a newspaper or attending church, for example.

Repeatedly throughout the 20th century gun license lists were used to seize arms from the public when a despotic government came into power. For instance Jews in Europe were in grave danger under Hitler's gun licensing scheme and the public in general came into grave danger when POL Pot seized civilian arms.

As for Class III weapons we are not allowed to keep them in the sense that we are allowed to keep other arms because no more are allowed to be made for private ownership and with only a couple hundred thousand in circulation the supply is so restricted that only the wealthy can own them. They managed to pull off this infringement by starting off with licensing the NFA arms.

Last edited by GunReader; 07/26/16.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GunReader
We do not have a gun problem, we have a black problem. If you adjust black crime out of the equation we have one of the least violent societies.

And we have a revolving door justice system problem that keeps the violent criminals out on the street. In Chicago the police present about FIFTY good, clean cases of felon in possession or possession in the commission of a felony for every ONE case that is prosecuted as such.

Government has no more right to license our ownership of guns than it does to license reading a newspaper or attending church, for example.

Repeatedly throughout the 20th century gun license lists were used to seize arms from the public when a despotic government came into power. For instance Jews in Europe were in grave danger under Hitler's gun licensing scheme and the public in general came into grave danger when POL Pot seized civilian arms.

As for Class III weapons we are not allowed to keep them in the sense that we are allowed to keep other arms because no more are allowed to be made for private ownership and with only a couple hundred thousand in circulation the supply is so restricted that only the wealthy can own them. They managed to pull off this infringement by starting off with licensing the NFA arms.

Nice summation

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Suppose KYwindageII stands to make a buck if there were a "licensing" system in place. Could be why this guy wants licensing. KY, you involved in any gun training interests?

GOA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

22,000+ Federal, State and Municipal guns laws in America and you think more regulation is the answer to reducing gun crimes?

Critical thinking does not appear to be your strength.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
1934 NFA amounted to a practical ban. The $200 tax stamp required by the act was a barrier to all but the very wealthy at the time. Inflation has since undermined it, hence the boom in silencers and SBR registrations.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
KYWINDAGE II, this isn't you, is it??

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 3,084 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,486
Posts18,471,896
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.