Originally Posted by KyWindageII
I know I am in the minority on the fire, but we need a similar Federal license in the US to cut down on those who really shouldn't have firearms.

The Constitution ensures that we can have firearms, but it it also says we should be "well regulated."

The Constitution was written for white men who were landowners and who were "responsible". At the time, it included men who fought duels and it is doubtful they were responsible, only privileged.

While the courts have modified this for modern times, it appears to me firearms should be limited to responsible people through licensing.

For those who fear confiscation, look at the gun control act of 1934. Those folks who comply can own fully automatic weapons, silencers and short barreled weapons. Show me where class III folks have ever been harassed by government if they complied.

By the way, I have been a life member of the NRA since 1966.

22,000+ Federal, State and Municipal guns laws in America and you think more regulation is the answer to reducing gun crimes?

Critical thinking does not appear to be your strength.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated