Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
I know I am in the minority on the fire, but we need a similar Federal license in the US to cut down on those who really shouldn't have firearms.....
By the way, I have been a life member of the NRA since 1966.

Im not sure why, but more than ever I pause and ask myself " am I really having this conversation with an adult"?

You are speaking to an adult. It is only the children who have stooped to swearing and calling me bad names because that's all they can do.

Surely there are other members of the fire who are tired of the same 15-20 people who dominate it with it with their opinions that the government is bad, their version of the constitution is good, the South was right and we need to return to the gold standard.

We have very serious problems with firearms in this country and what you guys preach isn't helping. I want RESPONSIBLE people to have firearms and that requires checking if they are.

I don't fear the government because the Constitution set up a system of checks and balances, and I figure I am still a part of the government with my vote. To say a president is going to eliminate a part of the constitution without going through state legislatures and the courts is silly.