Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
If Clinton wins, are we going to have another BIG round of panic buying? Or do you think people have hoarded enough guns and supplies?

Last edited by hanco; 07/27/16.
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Being in the business, I see that most people panic bought and watched the price gouging and are set, in their own minds.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Since gun sales are at an all time high and gun manufacturers are running 24 / 7 just to keep up, we have been in a panic buying mode since the assclown moved in the White-house.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Will do a bit of stockpilling me thinks. Bitch!

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
........ enough guns and supplies?

Only when I can not shut the front door because of all the guns,

only then will I have enough. grin

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Fleet Farm has good prices on hicap AR 15 magazines. wink

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Anyone want to panic buy a Remington 700 Mt rifle in .280? grin

Camp is where you make it.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Does it say Tactical on it?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I prefer the term "Carefully Considered Accumulation".

Enough for everything I may want or need to do, plus a bit more.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I have been focusing mine. Down to higher quality and fewer. But I will gladly panic if you guys wanna lol

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I kind’a like panic buying. Racing to the store, cussing every driver and stop light who slows you down, then race walking from the parking lot to the ammo/components shelves, heart pounding, eyes scanning for yet another 10,000 primers or 16-24 pounds of powder while you warily eye anyone else on the aisle, that hysterical giggling when you score – it is the stuff of life itself...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No panic, just buying or selling according to market conditions ! If Hilldog wins, guns, ammo and components will be much more valuable than money.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
No panic buying for me.
Just PROTEST buying.
The Brown piece of crap that runs our state just signed into law that we have to register to buy ammo. Starting 1/1/17
my protest so far is 2400 rounds of ammo and 48#s of powder
before the end of the year it will be more in PROTEST of our leaders.
I do not need any more than I already had.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
PANIC!!, PANIC!!...did someone say PANIC!!!???

Sure, I'm in if'n ya' ll wanna panic.

Makes it easier to justify my gun purchases to the missus!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hope so! I have a Sig 556 I want to sell.......

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
Anyone want to panic buy a Remington 700 Mt rifle in .280? grin

Is it one with a regular floor plate (not the detachable mag)?

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I kind’a like panic buying. Racing to the store, cussing every driver and stop light who slows you down, then race walking from the parking lot to the ammo/components shelves, heart pounding, eyes scanning for yet another 10,000 primers or 16-24 pounds of powder while you warily eye anyone else on the aisle, that hysterical giggling when you score – it is the stuff of life itself...

An excellent representation of the membership!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
If Hillary wins in November we will see another wave of panic buying. How does the industry gear up for another wave of " potential" panic buying that may of not happen.

For the gun industry to prepare for a buying spree takes months of production planing, buying raw material, and importantly $$ investment in increasing production.

For a manufacturer just to watch the polling between Trump and Hillary is not enough info to prepare for a 4th quarter
buying spree that may or may not come.

My guess most will stay the production course planned since the beginning of the year.

Doc

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We've seen a strong sales year. We've done some things to inhibit growth, but the NICS numbers don't lie. Gun sales are up everywhere.

if anybody in the business hasn't seen a summer spike in handguns and AR's, they don't have the right product or the right price. In May, June and July we sold in excess of 1100 Smith and Wesson Sport II's. The Smith programs were running and we were able to sell the rifles below normal wholesale.

Programs are over now, so prices go back to normal. Demand will far exceed supply in the 4th quarter and the manufacturers know this. They're producing all they can while it lasts.

I don't see this as long term health for the business.. When consumers buy whatever the manufacturer decides to put on the shelf, quality is compromised and it prohibits product innovation.

We all know what's going to happen until the election. It's the post election that interests me. I'm spending money preparing for the blitz, but I'm not spend friviously either.

After Trump wins, you'll see deals like never before in the industry. The immediate threat will be gone and inventory levels will be at all time highs. 2017 will be a buyers market.

Until he's sworn in, you'll see panic buying at higher levels than we witnessed in 2013.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
We've seen a strong sales year. We've done some things to inhibit growth, but the NICS numbers don't lie. Gun sales are up everywhere.

if anybody in the business hasn't seen a summer spike in handguns and AR's, they don't have the right product or the right price. In May, June and July we sold in excess of 1100 Smith and Wesson Sport II's. The Smith programs were running and we were able to sell the rifles below normal wholesale.

Programs are over now, so prices go back to normal. Demand will far exceed supply in the 4th quarter and the manufacturers know this. They're producing all they can while it lasts.

I don't see this as long term health for the business.. When consumers buy whatever the manufacturer decides to put on the shelf, quality is compromised and it prohibits product innovation.

We all know what's going to happen until the election. It's the post election that interests me. I'm spending money preparing for the blitz, but I'm not spend friviously either.

After Trump wins, you'll see deals like never before in the industry. The immediate threat will be gone and inventory levels will be at all time highs. 2017 will be a buyers market.

Until he's sworn in, you'll see panic buying at higher levels than we witnessed in 2013.

I like the way you think!

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 21, 64 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,414
Posts18,470,481
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.