Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I remember when Coulter was a reasonably good conservative and didn't constantly lie and propagandize.

She's been going downhill for quite a while. Sad.

seriously dude, you are losing what little cred you used to have. What happened to you? Geez

Sam......

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Amazing the chit that has slithered in here, and some that were here embarrassed of what they are. All it took was a little company. and they come out of the wood work.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The issue for me is not the content of Khan's attack, it's the way Trump responded. Not the details of how he responded or how right or wrong his positions are, but that Trump was totally unprepared to respond, and predictably so.

For someone asking to be the President I expect them to be informed, seek the best consul, and respond brilliantly. Had Trump done so he could have easily turned Khan's attack back on Hillary and demonstrated his aptitude for being President. As it is, he demonstrated how badly he would handle provocations were he elected.

I expect Hillary's campaign is planning more attacks to further demonstrated to voters that Trump's response to provocations is predictably amateurish and bumbling. Vladimir Putin, Li Keqiang, and others are watching and learning.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by NeBassman
Originally Posted by Mikewriter
Actually, the point is Mr. Khan accused TRUMP of calling for a total ban on all Moslem immigration - which is a lie, "flat out" and otherwise.

Trump did make that call...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/

Tue December 8, 2015

(CNN)Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump called Monday for barring all Muslims from entering the United States.

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said.

So what if the American public stops muslim immigration...or do you not think your country has the right to self determine it's own future and citizenry?

I am very sure I want my government to look out for my future better than it has, after all if I wanted to live in a muslim infested cesspool I would move to France.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART
So what if the American public stops muslim immigration...or do you not think your country has the right to self determine it's own future and citizenry?

I am very sure I want my government to look out for my future better than it has, after all if I wanted to live in a muslim infested cesspool I would move to France.

There is no problem with limiting immigration by things like country of origin or creating blocks to immigration such as unable to vet somebody or if they have even distant relations who are involved with terrorist organizations.

And, ALL immigration can be halted.

I would expect any block on immigration based on the faith of the immigrant to be struck down in court as unConstitutional, but that's just a guess.

Want it to happen? Just have to convince Congress and the President to do it.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

There is no problem with limiting immigration by things like country of origin or creating blocks to immigration such as unable to vet somebody or if they have even distant relations who are involved with terrorist organizations.

I would expect any block on immigration based on the faith of the immigrant to be struck down in court as unConstitutional, but that's just a guess.

I understand a non-muslim president can do it, as it has been done before.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I understand a non-muslim president can do it, as it has been done before.

My understanding was that it hadn't been done based on religion, but rather on country of origin. Again, just what I've heard, maybe some of the legal types here know more.

Last time religion might have been used was probably 1910 or earlier, and lots of court rulings have happened since then. Back then they did things like create laws that china men and native americans couldn't become citizens - those were struck down long, long ago.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

So what if it on the basis of religion, specifically a religion that exerts political influence on it's members and those not under it's control.

Your constitution is by Americans for Americans.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Now Colter and Trump have both lied.
Trump: “Mr. Khan, who has never met me, has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution...Mr. Khan, who does not know me, viciously attacked me from the stage of the DNC and is now all over T.V. doing the same – Nice!

This what Khan actually said.
Khan: Donald Trump, you are asking Americans to trust you with our future.'
Let me ask you: Have you even read the U.S. Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy. In this document, look for the words "liberty" and "equal protection of law."

“viciously attacked”????

I think its clear to everyone that Trump has never read the consitution !! let alone read anything

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/01/10/donald-trump-humiliates-constitution-wrong-meet-press.html

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another Republican in the meeting, Rep. Mark Sanford (R-SC), [said] that Trump was asked pointedly if he would defend Article I of the Constitution.

"Not only will I stand up for Article One," Trump enthusiastically stated, according to Sanford. "I'll stand up for Article Two, Article 12, you name it of the Constitution."

Sanford said Trump's lack of knowledge about how many articles exist, gave him "a little pause." (The Constitution has seven articles and 27 amendments.)

http://www.snopes.com/2016/07/24/donald-trump-article-xii/

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

"The Bill of Rights is a futile authority for the alien seeking admission for the first time to these shores. But once an alien lawfully enters and resides in this country he becomes invested with the rights guaranteed by the Constitution to all people within our borders".

- Kwong Hai Chew v. Colding Template:344 U.S. 590, 596, (US Supreme Court Ruling)

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

"The Bill of Rights is a futile authority for the alien seeking admission for the first time to these shores. But once an alien lawfully enters and resides in this country he becomes invested with the rights guaranteed by the Constitution to all people within our borders".

- Kwong Hai Chew v. Colding Template:344 U.S. 590, 596, (US Supreme Court Ruling)

Thank you Hawk.

There you go fellas, you don't have to let anyone in at all if you do not want to.

But those you have let in already are Americans with full rights and responsibilities.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The second part of your statement overstates the ruling. All people within our borders are not US Citizens with all of the rights thereof. It does say, however, that all rights recognized by our Constitution as belonging to all people must be respected by our government with regard to those lawfully within our borders. Not all people within our borders, however, have a Constitutional right to citizenship.

More importantly, however, the ruling states that no one who is not yet authorized to enter our borders may appeal to their rights under our Constitution with regard to our immigration policy.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (2500HD, 264mag, 222Sako, 257 mag, 219DW, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 45 invisible), 2,221 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,388
Posts18,506,816
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.