Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
http://www.trunews.com/article/john-mccains-1969-tokyo-rose-propaganda-recording-released

August 04, 2016

Vero Beach, FL - (TRUNEWS) U.S. Senator John McCain recorded a Tokyo Rose-style propaganda message that was broadcast on North Vietnamese radio in 1969.

TRUNEWS, a nonprofit Christian digital news app, obtained the bombshell audio recording and released it today on the organization’s daily newscast hosted by Rick Wiles. TRUNEWS acquired the audio recording in cooperation with WeSearchR.com, a new media company founded by Charles Johnson.

The 1969 North Vietnamese radio broadcast has never been heard in the United States of America. In fact, there has never been any knowledge that such a recording existed. The audio recording was found in a misplaced file in the National Archives in Washington, D.C. The broadcast was recorded by the Foreign Broadcast Information Service, a branch of the CIA that monitored international shortwave and foreign radio broadcasts.

Lt. Commander John McCain was shot down over Hanoi by a North Vietnamese missile while flying his 23rd bombing mission. Both of his arms and one leg were broken. He was pulled ashore by North Vietnamese who took him to a prison known by POWs as the “Hanoi Hilton.”

McCain was a prisoner of war for five and a half years. He was released on March 14, 1973, and returned to the United States of America as a war hero. His POW legacy propelled McCain to victory in a race for a U.S. Congressional seat in Arizona in 1982. He replaced Barry Goldwater in the Senate in 1986.

In the propaganda recording, Lt. Commander McCain said he was “guilty of crimes against the Vietnamese country and people.” He confessed that he bombed “their cities, towns, and villages and caused many injuries, even deaths, for the people of Vietnam.”

He praised the medical care and kindness of his communist captors even though he came to North Vietnam as “an aggressor.” McCain said he wished to express his “deep gratitude” for their “kind treatment” and that he “will never forget” the kindness extended to him by the communist North Vietnamese.

Senator McCain is running for a sixth six-year term in the Senate. He is facing a strong primary challenge from former State Senator Dr. Kelli Ward, a physician in Lake Havasu.

The Arizona Republican Primary is August 30. Sen. McCain will turn age 80 on the day before the primary.

Here is the actual script of John McCain’s 1969 “Tokyo Rose” propaganda broadcast on North Vietnamese radio.

To the Vietnamese people and the government of the DRVN:

From John Sidney McCain, 624787, Lieutenant Commander, U.S. Navy, born 29 August, 1936, Panama, home state Oregon. Shot down 26 October, 1967, A-4E aircraft.

I, as a U.S. airman, am guilty of crimes against the Vietnamese country and people. I bombed their cities, towns and villages and caused many injuries, even deaths, for the people of Vietnam.

I was captured in the capital city of Hanoi, while attacking it. After I was captured, I was taken to the hospital in Hanoi, where I received very good medical treatment. I was given an operation on my leg, which allowed me to walk again, and a cast on my right arm, which was badly broken in three places.

The doctors were very good and they knew a great deal about the practice of medicine. I remained in the hospital for some time and regained much of my health and strength. Since I arrived in the camp of detention, I received humane and lenient treatment.

I received this kind treatment and food even though I came here as an aggressor and the people who I injured have much difficulty in their living standards. I wish to express my deep gratitude for my kind treatment and I will never forget this kindness extended to me.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If you were handcuffed to the wall of a stench hole of a Vietnamese prison, and gooks were sticking pitchforks into your ass, and you were starving and being tortured daily, and the gooks told you to read this statement, you would probably read the statement, too.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Got little problem with any POW's actions under legit stress.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
To compare what McCain did to Tokyo Rose is disgraceful and shows willful ignorance.

McCain refused North Vietnam's offer of early release for propaganda purposes unless all POW's held for longer than him were released as well. He served heroically while in prison.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't much care for the demented old fool, at this point in his play.
.....that said,
...This post is one of the more chickenchit, underhanded, and totally pathetic POLITICAL moves one could make.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Non-story, even though McCain is a POS senator

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Things got especially rough for US Navy Lieutenant Commander John McCain when the VC realized that his father was Admiral John McCain, commander of all U.S.N. forces in Vietnam.

In Faith of My Fathers, McCain said that he initially offered the information because he was badly injured and afraid of dying. But, he wrote, "I didn't intend to keep my word."
McCain gave his ship's name and squadron number and confirmed the target of his failed mission.
He gave the names of the Green Bay Packers' offensive line as members of his squadron.
When asked to identify future targets, he named North Vietnamese cities that U.S. planes had already bombed.

Orson Swindle: "We were all tortured and we wrote confessions under the pressure of torture," said Swindle, a cellmate of McCain. "John McCain never collaborated with the enemy. He, like every one of us, submitted to severe torture. John McCain did nothing dishonorable. He was heroic."

“In his 'confession' McCain deliberately used misspellings, grammatical errors and Communist jargon to show he was writing under duress: I am a black criminal and I have performed the deeds of an air pirate. I almost died, and the Vietnamese people saved my life . . .

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Agree.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Jesus....

One thing I'll never question in my life is what a POW did under duress and lived to make it home alive.

I knew one very well (a card carrying union Democrat) and cant, won't ever question what he did or didnt do starving in a railcar for over a year.

McCain deserves criticism, perhaps getting the electoral boot.....but this post is an un-American, horseshit post.

It belongs in the [bleep] basement...

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
.....that said,
...This post is one of the more chickenchit, underhanded, and totally pathetic POLITICAL moves one could make.

GTC

I just posted the exact title of the story as in the link, without comment.

Now my comment: after his release and election to the Senate, John McCain fought to bury/abandon the POW's left behind. We may never live to see the truth behind that devilry. The UK has sealed records from WWII for 100 years, I suspect a similar fate on Vietnam POW information.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
hay, gonehuntin. how many years did you spend in the Hanoi Hilton? Have you ever been tortured? Held in solitary confinement for months? Ever been shot out of the sky while serving your country and in the process had both your arms and one leg broken? Who are you to condemn John McCain? I say STFU

Last edited by super T; 08/06/16.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by super T
hay, gonehuntin. how many years did you spend in the Hanoi Hilton? Have you ever been tortured? Held in solitary confinement for months? Ever been shot out of the sky while serving your country and in the process had both your arms and one leg broken? Who are you to condemn John McCain? I say STFU you POS.

I posted the story without comment, exactly as at the link I provided. There are stories, tales, and facts from WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam that have yet to see the light of day. I'm in favor of revealing the truth, your discomfort is from within yourself. Not all history is pleasant with a happy ending.

Last edited by gonehuntin; 08/06/16.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
.....that said,

GTC

I just posted the exact title of the story as in the link, without comment.

Now my comment: after his release and election to the Senate, John McCain fought to bury/abandon the POW's left behind. We may never live to see the truth behind that devilry. The UK has sealed records from WWII for 100 years, I suspect a similar fate on Vietnam POW information.

Just as Palin has been attacked, so has her running mate.//www.miafacts.org/mccain.htm
Summary.  For some years now there have been steady attacks on the valor and patriotism of Senator John McCain (Republican, Arizona).  McCain was a Navy aviator, shot down over North Vietnam on 26 October 1967 and released at Operation Homecoming in March 1973.  He was severely injured in his ejection and landing and endured unspeakable tortures.  The attacks on McCain originate almost entirely from a small number of Vietnam veterans.  Many of his attackers accuse him of collaborating with his Vietnamese captors, in spite of testimony from other POWs as to his bravery, leadership, and valorous conduct.  Why and from where come the attacks on McCain?  The source of the attacks on McCain is, mainly, one  MIA "activist" who  accuses McCain of treasonous activities; his accusations are based on misquotes, misrepresentations, and Vietnamese wartime propaganda.  Yet, this story has gained the status of gospel among the McCain haters and the MIA "activists."  Read on for the rest of the story.
[...]
McCain's Position on US-Vietnam Relations and on the "Live-POW" Question
In the late 1980's, McCain took the position that the US should move toward normal diplomatic relations with Vietnam in return for their increased cooperation on the MIA issue.

Sampley recognized -- as does the rest of the "activist" community -- that such talk in high places can be disastrous to their efforts to recruit and to raise money.  Their recruiting and fund raising pitch is the same:  US POWs are still being held, alive, in Vietnam and we need just a few more dollars from you to free them.

As US researchers probe into Vietnamese wartime records, and as US search teams recover remains from crashsites and battlefield gravesites, the number of unaccounted for Americans goes down.  More importantly, it is clear from the information collected that no American POWs were retained in captivity after Operation Homecoming.  The "activists" do not want this information to become known because they depend on folks falling prey to their claims and then donating money or other support -- such as the proliferation of "POW-MIA Remembrance Sites" on the WWW.

McCain refused to be drawn into the live POW battles and he continued to support normal US-Vietnam relations.  For a returned POW to take these two positions was more than the "activist" community could stand.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
...it is clear from the information collected that no American POWs were retained in captivity after Operation Homecoming.

That, right there, is bullschit.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
If you were handcuffed to the wall of a stench hole of a Vietnamese prison, and gooks were sticking pitchforks into your ass, and you were starving and being tortured daily, and the gooks told you to read this statement, you would probably read the statement, too.

EXACTLY, and to those who've not served, the Code Of Conduct allows for this

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Human beings have limits to how much torture they can tolerate.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

Yup....well said.

If one cannot separate McCAIN'S military career from his political record, then you're a ripe victim for the Hillary express.

McCain is a great example of what is seriously wrong with the Republican party.

Last edited by vapodog; 08/06/16.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I personally don't like McCain but everyone has a breaking point, just takes some longer to reach it than others under torture and duress.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
John McCain has done more harm to the United States than he has ever done to North Vietnam.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Human beings have limits to how much torture they can tolerate.

I agree. And I at the end of my limits of McCain's torturing America and Americans. He's a traitor and a sellout. He sure as hell ain't a hero.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 66 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,431
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.