Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by tzone
BFG All-Terrain KO2

That's a damn good tire. All the way around...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
This bfg KO s have the silica like mischlins...should last longer

Last edited by rainierrifleco; 08/08/16.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I just replaced the Michlins mentioned above... Sidewall blowout at 45k miles, not quite 4yrs old. Replaced with the BFG AT K/O 2's - my first set of 2's, had a few sets of the originals and they worked and wore great. Not a lot of snow experience though.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Vince-
Is 75 psi the max pressure?

I don't know if setting the tires at 80 psi would make a difference, but when fully loaded, or nearly so, I run max psi.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had a Dodge 2500 with the diesel and extended cab that I put Michelins on. I made one pull with a trailer and had them replaced with BFG A/T's. The Michelins have too soft a sidewall and caused a mushy feeling ride and stability issues. Never again.

Our new Jeep has BFG A/T's and I think they're every bit as good as the older ones were and maybe quieter.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by ironbender
Vince-
Is 75 psi the max pressure?

I don't know if setting the tires at 80 psi would make a difference, but when fully loaded, or nearly so, I run max psi.

I usually run 75.Tried 80 ,didn't deem to make difference

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by tzone
BFG All-Terrain KO2

That's a damn good tire. All the way around...

And you can get em in E rated. I have them on my Ram 1500. They've been great in sand and snow.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Just because you suck at everything doesn't mean everybody does. Better keep that gov't job. They're used to substandard performance and your stupid fat ass wouldn't make it anywhere else..

Whatever you say Yankee.You have it all figured out.

Last edited by tzone; 08/09/16.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BFG KO 2 for me. First set put on my 2012 Ram 2500 HD 4x4 about 15K ago and I have been very impressed with them in every respect.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I run the KO2s and I am happy with them but didn't recommend them since the OP said he did not want an all terrain.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I had a set of the KO2's on a Suburban some years ago. They lasted a long time. I didn't pull anything real heavy to know how they did for towing, though.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by ajmorell
didn't recommend them since the OP said he did not want an all terrain.

Yea,I don't think many noticed that.
Must be snow tires and good for heavy loads.
I have two sets of rims,I keep AT tires on for summer, change out in winter

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I had BFG KOs on my 2000 GMC 3/4 ton for a time. First set didn't make 50,000 miles before braking a belt in the left front. Put another set on that lasted ~30,000 miles. A friend had some on his 1/2 ford back in the 80s and 90s and was still going strong at 80,000. He didn't haul much and rarely took them offroad. I thought they were real good on ice and light or packed snow, but not any better than other ATs in deep snow. Which means not good at all. I hope the KO2's are better.

It would take an amazing tire to do better than the Firestone Destination MTs that I had siped for ice and snow, however I haven't hauled heavy with them. I would imagine they wouldn't be very good in those conditions if they weren't siped. In deep snow they just keep digging and plow on through. When new they even allowed me to push snow up a steep hill with the bumper.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I ran KO's on my '06 F-250 and currently running a set of KO 2's in fall/Winter on my '11 F-250. Happy with both of them. Because they're my "winter" tires, I run them about 40K mi and then give them to a buddy who's happy to run tires until he can see the air in them.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I had a set of the KO2's on a Suburban some years ago. They lasted a long time. I didn't pull anything real heavy to know how they did for towing, though.

If it was truly 'some years ago' they were the original KO's, not the 2's.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Don't underestimate the BF Goodrich all terrains in the snow. They actually work quite well. The KO2's have some pretty aggressive sidewalls too, which help to grab in the deeper snow...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I would go Cooper ST Maxx.

Just put these on my Sierra......

I've had several sets of BFG T/K KO's in the past,(not the 2's) but the majority of the reviewers rate the Maxx better than the BFG's, so I decided to give them a "spin" this time.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by aalf

I've had several sets of BFG T/K KO's in the past,(not the 2's) but the majority of the reviewers rate the Maxx better than the BFG's, so I decided to give them a "spin" this time.

I was seriously considering a set of Coopers,but reading all the reviews,most say they tend to come apart and Cooper has poor customer service. I have them on my Toyota though.

The problem I have here is there have not been many replies about tires and heavy loads. Most light truck tires will work on most trucks,but I am running 9500#'s loaded on the truck and pulling a three mule slant bumper trailer at about 6500#s with a load leveler hitch.

Last edited by saddlesore; 08/14/16.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ajmorell
I'd give the Toyo Open Country MT a try if you can get it in 10 ply (you didn't say what size). They are pricey but I haven't heard a bad thing about them.

This. Great tires.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by aalf

I was seriously considering a set of Coopers,but reading all the reviews,most say they tend to come apart and Cooper has poor customer service. I have them on my Toyota though.

The problem I have here is there have not been many replies about tires and heavy loads. Most light truck tires will work on most trucks,but I am running 9500#'s loaded on the truck and pulling a three mule slant bumper trailer at about 6500#s with a load leveler hitch.

I've got the ST Maxx on my '11 2500HD. Its up around 10K while hitched to my 11K lb fifth wheel, a bit lighter when hitched to my 10K lb boat.

The Coopers were a bit squirrely for the first couple hundred miles,but once they got a few heat cycles in them have been solid.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (338rcm, 1minute, 338reddog, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,481
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.