OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Anybody do it? Just curious.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You mean that annoying pyramid scheme chit? Where you'd sell me "the kit" or "the plan" then, the few bottles of bullchit shampoo I sell to some other victim helps me pay you for my "plan"? Then I victimize the next sucker down the line with "the kit" of their own?

You mean that crap?

You gonna be a millionaire in six months? Hahahaha. Dream on hooker.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
You mean that annoying pyramid scheme chit? Where you'd sell me "the kit" or "the plan" then, the few bottles of bullchit shampoo I sell to some other victim helps me pay you for my "plan"? Then I victimize the next sucker down the line with "the kit" of their own?

You mean that crap?

The vast majority of large companies are multi-level. And every one of them takes a cut. Even small companies use the system to get there product to a national market, except WalMart and other like them.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Nope, that ain't it.

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by slumlord

You mean that crap?

The vast majority of large companies are multi-level. And every one of them takes a cut. Even small companies use the system to get there product to a national market, except WalMart and other like them.

Would you like a regular supply of shampoo conveniently delivered to your door each month?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My wife works an MLM business from home, done pretty well with it, been an interesting ride.

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Techsan
My wife works an MLM business from home, done pretty well with it, been an interesting ride.

ha, mine too. I thought it was a scam and was annoyed by it, and then she told me how much she made last month and my attitude changed a bit...(grin) I've been looking into it and some people do really well with it into six figures year. She does the fitness coaching and helps ladies lose weight. Very successful at that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it's a great system and quite a few folks do quite well at it.

the Amway crowd kinda soured some folks on the premise it seems.

but it's a great way to make some loot.

glad to hear the Mrs. is making some coin Calvin.

at the rate you're going you'll own more stocks than Buffet one of these days!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

> Bernie Madoff < : Agreed!

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
add,

Just curious, but do you know the difference between what Bernie Madoff did and what MLM is?

You seem to be confused.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
They can work if you are good at convincing other people that it can work, and then they sell the idea to other people and then those people do the same, and so on so on so forth. It is more about getting other people beneath you than about selling the products. The more people you recruit and the more those people recruit and so on so on so forth the more money you make, and you become an annoying SOB by trying to recruit everyone that you know. In the meantime the products cost way more than they should because everyone up that pyramid gets a cut of the profit from everything everyone they recruited sells and everyone those people recruited and so on so on so forth. There wasn't that annoying.

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
add,

Just curious, but do you know the difference between what Bernie Madoff did and what MLM is?

You seem to be confused.
Madoff ran a Ponzi scheme. That's when they pay dividends to early investors from money by paid in by later investors. The early ones are told that their investment is paying off big money when it's actually coming from other investors. Keeping it going depends on getting more and more investors but sooner or later, the money runs out and the later investors get screwed.
MLM pays from actual sales, not from investors. If there are no sales, nobody gets paid.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by add

Would you like a regular supply of shampoo conveniently delivered to your door each month?

What would I do with it. I shave my head. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
add,

You seem to be confused.

Madoff ran a Ponzi scheme. That's when they pay dividends to early investors from money by paid in by later investors. The early ones are told that their investment is paying off big money when it's actually coming from other investors. Keeping it going depends on getting more and more investors but sooner or later, the money runs out and the later investors get screwed.
MLM pays from actual sales, not from investors. If there are no sales, nobody gets paid.

Variation on theme...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our daughter took a stab at this. The scam she fell for was a vacation "club". Within a week the little scumbag that suckered her into this BS was bugging her to sell more. He had her convinced that if she personally bought the services for "prospective" clients, her business would take off.

When I caught on to this I went looking for the little worm to have a little Come to Jesus with him. His bank got to him before I did, and he ended up fleeing the area with a hundred grand in defaulted loans. The little worm had time to take the tires and rims off his Escalade and sell them to a pawn shop. Apparently he didn't have enough money to repair the engine he blew up.

In short, no MLM for me. I just work hard and honestly for my money.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
add,

You seem to be confused.

Variation on theme...

So do you really believe that a MLM is a variation on the theme of what Madoff did? Please, enlighten us more..(grin)

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Our daughter took a stab at this. The scam she fell for was a vacation "club". Within a week the little scumbag that suckered her into this BS was bugging her to sell more. He had her convinced that if she personally bought the services for "prospective" clients, her business would take off.

When I caught on to this I went looking for the little worm to have a little Come to Jesus with him. His bank got to him before I did, and he ended up fleeing the area with a hundred grand in defaulted loans. The little worm had time to take the tires and rims off his Escalade and sell them to a pawn shop. Apparently he didn't have enough money to repair the engine he blew up.

In short, no MLM for me. I just work hard and honestly for my money.

Not sure sure that was legit to begin with. Just sayin..

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

> Bernie Madoff < : Agreed!

Wreaks of ignorance.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
MLM is one of the most popular entrepreneurial business model in the country. It's like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it. If people worked their MLM like they do a real job they can be very successful and I know several people in the 6 figure income and a few in the 7 figure income. Problem is, most people treat it like a part time job, put very little effort into it and get disappointed then they don't get rich quickly. MLM is no a get rich quick scheme, it's a work hard and make a lot of money on your own schedule scheme. Don't expect to get more out of it than you put into it. IMO one of the best out there is Send Out Cards. If someone is interested in knowing more pm me. MLM is also not a ponzi or pyramid scheme. People that talk like that are just showing their ignorance.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
MLM is bullshit.

If the product/service has merit, it can support the overhead necessary to function by selling the product/service to the public.

MLM markets less than competent products/services, not to the public, but to individuals who hope to profit from the public.

IOW, the profit comes from the dreams of the recruits, not the worthiness of the product/service.

Some vultures here already, claimin MLM is the schizz.

Maybe they'll have the balls to post what their "product" is, and why MLM is the "only" way it can be moved.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,754
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.