-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot of skilled tradesmen here. You talk to the technical colleges and they are just screaming for trades students. Seems like today's youth isn't interested in learning a skill that doesn't involve little more than sitting on their butts and plunking on a keyboard. Scary to think that the day may come when no one's willing to get their hands dirty to make a living. Auto mechanics, tool and die men, machinists, carpenters, we will always need more of them. It seems like they get more scarce every year.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
With all the varying professions and educations here on the "Fire" why haven't we been able to figure out how to legally get rid of the liberal communist vermin that infect this country.

But I like you Toby

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
With all the varying professions and educations here on the "Fire" why haven't we been able to figure out how to legally get rid of the liberal communist vermin that infect this country.

Kaywoodie has it figured out. we just all get together and storm the castle! smile

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
SSB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Originally Posted by captbutch
Charter boat Captain on Lake Michigan. Going on 31 years. Still love it! [Linked Image]
Yea now we're talkin!

My ride

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hey I do that!

[Linked Image]

And on occasion it drives me to this...

[Linked Image]

We eat organic in our house, we just have to shoot and gut it first.....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whelenman

But I like you Toby

I appreciate that Boss, Did I win?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Prior to my retirement last June at age 53 I was a senior manager with Royal Dutch Shell spending my last 11 years managing major projects across the chitholes that we develop outside the US. Prior was bouncing around the US doing downstream work, engineering and maintenance management as well as project management at about every refining operation we owned at the time. After 31+ years I hung up the hard hat wrapping up in Korea. A great career that I have zero regrets for. My youngest son, dropped off to start at A&M yesterday, wants the same. Another ME in the family it seems.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've been retired for 11 years. I know a little bit about a lot of stuff, but not an expert on much of anything!

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only reason I never tried 'em all is because I got too old and had to slow down. But here is some of what I did.

MY WORK HISTORY

My first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got canned ... couldn't concentrate.

Then I worked in the woods as a lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the ax.

I tried to be a tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it
... mainly because it was a so-so job.

I tried working in a muffler factory but that was too exhausting.

I wanted to be a barber, but I just couldn't cut it.

I tried to be a chef -- figured it would add a little spice to my life but I just didn't have the thyme.

I attempted to be a deli worker, but any way I sliced it, I couldn't cut the mustard.

My best job was being a musician, but eventually I found I wasn't noteworthy.

I studied a long time to become a doctor, but I didn't have any patience.

I tried a job in a shoe factory--I tried but I just didn't fit in.

I became a professional fisherman, but discovered that I couldn't live on my net income.

I managed to get a good job working for a pool maintenance company, but the work way just too draining.

I got a job at a zoo feeding giraffes, but I was fired because I wasn't up to it.

So then I got a job in a workout center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.

After many years of trying to find steady work, I finally got a job as a historian until I realized there was no future in it.

My last job was working at Starbucks, but I had to quit because it was always the same old grind.

So, then I retired ... and found out I was perfect for the job!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
The only reason I never tried 'em all is because I got too old and had to slow down. But here is some of what I did.

MY WORK HISTORY

My first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got canned ... couldn't concentrate.

Then I worked in the woods as a lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the ax.

I tried to be a tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it
... mainly because it was a so-so job.

I tried working in a muffler factory but that was too exhausting.

I wanted to be a barber, but I just couldn't cut it.

I tried to be a chef -- figured it would add a little spice to my life but I just didn't have the thyme.

I attempted to be a deli worker, but any way I sliced it, I couldn't cut the mustard.

My best job was being a musician, but eventually I found I wasn't noteworthy.

I studied a long time to become a doctor, but I didn't have any patience.

I tried a job in a shoe factory--I tried but I just didn't fit in.

I became a professional fisherman, but discovered that I couldn't live on my net income.

I managed to get a good job working for a pool maintenance company, but the work way just too draining.

I got a job at a zoo feeding giraffes, but I was fired because I wasn't up to it.

So then I got a job in a workout center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.

After many years of trying to find steady work, I finally got a job as a historian until I realized there was no future in it.

My last job was working at Starbucks, but I had to quit because it was always the same old grind.

So, then I retired ... and found out I was perfect for the job!

You write in good spirit that brings a real smile to my face. Take care.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Meat cutter, meat wholesale salesman, dept store manager, law enforcement 33 years(retired), entrepreneur (antiques-precious metals). With retirement pensions, & investments I currently can afford to farm (cut brush and move the rocks around) for a short time before I expire. Finally life's great! smile GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ha!

Hope all is well with you, Amigo!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
unfortunately no! I will post the winners when i get the official results

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Retired Marine Corps 25 years and change.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Judge Advocate, USMC....9 years active now in the reserves

solo practice lawyer

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Plumbing contractor. Mostly do industrial and commercial plumbing.

Project I did a few years ago:
http://wenatchee.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/AIA_Pybus-Public-Market_big.jpg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Im a bit younger than most here (32) so far to this point in my career, I've become a Journeymen wiremen, a master electrician, Hold a couple of different nuclear welding certifications, a class A Cdl, a smoking hot wife, and a baby due in dec :-D Oh, I also shoot a lot of nice whitetails haha.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by acooper1983
Im a bit younger than most here (32) so far to this point in my career, I've become a Journeymen wiremen, a master electrician, Hold a couple of different nuclear welding certifications, a class A Cdl, a smoking hot wife, and a baby due in dec :-D Oh, I also shoot a lot of nice whitetails haha.

You got the world by the ass, so don't phouc it up! If you hang on and make good decisions, you'll still be smiling in 20 years. Trust me!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Boxboy'
Shoe clerk at footlocker
janitor
Warehouse picker, driver, phone sales, tires and wheels, ran a tire store all for the same company.
Construction laborer. Part time CC student too. AS in Fire Science
All crappy jobs that actually prepared me for my career.
31.5 years, Los Angeles County FD.
Started in 1981
Firefigher 2 yrs
Firefighter/paramedic 18.5 years
Engineer 8 month. Should have done this job sooner.
Fire Captain from 2000 to Jan. 2013 when I retired

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kcnboise
Quality Manager for a AR15 pattern rifle manufacturer; we make almost all the parts in house and do OEM parts for others. Started off as a Process Engineer, then R&D Engineer, then Program Manager, all for a major printer manufacturer.

Which company, if you don't mind?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Used to work in development group/lab for automotive electronics (Advanced Packaging, Processes and Materials).

Metallurgy lab............X sectioned a few boolits.

smile

Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (257_X_50, 35, afisher, alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 10 invisible), 831 guests, and 818 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,915
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.