Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I don't know any occasional recreational pot users,

That may be due to it being an illegal substance.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Or could be they're smart enough to not be driving a 1984 Buick with expired plates, no exhaust , cracked windshield, broken taillight, on a suspended DL, while lighting up doing 50 in a school zone. Seriously, some idiots could just as easily wear a neon sign.

SOP, where I live. laugh crazy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bunk article on so many levels that I'm not gonna bother with it.

By the way it's not expensive at ALL in my AO.... you can buy clones under $20/ea, and you can legally grow 4, and it grows like a damn weed in this climate. For under $100 a guy can easily grow enough to supply himself and 10 of his best friends for the year, until the next crop. Oregon's legalization law has effectively REMOVED the cost. That's not to say it won't be a large thriving cash industry; it will. But it doesn't have to cost squat.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
I don't know any occasional recreational pot users,

That may be due to it being an illegal substance.

Dave

I know quite a few. Also have known people that smoke from the time they wake up until the time they go to bed. Most of those people are worthless. A couple manage quite well.

A good friend smokes the hell out of weed, runs two very successful business, and raised two great kids. He's the exception.....by a mile.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Madmooner, not in my experience. I know a bunch of people just like that. I kinda AM one, though I don't "smoke the hell out of it".

Folks....... put down the schoolmarm cane for just a moment... it's a PEOPLE issue, not a weed issue. Some people are just losers.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Madmooner, not in my experience. I know a bunch of people just like that. I kinda AM one, though I don't "smoke the hell out of it".

Folks....... put down the schoolmarm cane for just a moment... it's a PEOPLE issue, not a weed issue. Some people are just losers.

....and a lot of losers just happen to smoke weed, correlation, not causation.

Last edited by Pittu; 08/23/16.

Eat moose, burn spruce
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Curious if anyone personally knows or knows of someone who was legally allowed to use marijuana for medical reasons, but their health condition improved enough that they no longer truly needed it, voluntarily quit completely and surrendered their permit or whatever is required that allows them to legally purchase, possess, ingest?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

If your people are anything like what we have here then dope is not much of a problem as that damned ice is what they all seem to be sucking into themselves.

From what I am told dope is almost non-existent around here.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pittu

....and a lot of losers just happen to smoke weed

And drink alcohol... drive cars... we need a PROGRAM to fix this!!

Only one solution. Adulthood shouldn't be a right, it should be a privilege, granted at the mercy of the State in the form of an Adulthood Licence. Extensive psychological testing will be required, and it will need to be renewed bi-annually.

This Licence will be required for ANY adult activity, to include higher education, marriage, home ownership, etc.

People unable to pass the stringent tests to get said license will be housed in secure dormitories (don't you dare call them prisons!) where we will re-educate the dumbfückitude right outta them. We will administer truth serums to retroactively grade them out. You like rock and roll? You had premarital sex? You drank and drove once? Ran up a credit card? Had a meltdown in a relationship in high school where you turned into a pathetic püssy?

No license for YOU!

I bet there's a whole lot of non-dope-smokers on this forum that'd be living in those dorms.... just sayin'....

OR, we could stop with the nanny-state [bleep], some of y'all could mind your own damn business, and we could let freedom ring across the land, for better and worse.

I know how the folks in my AO voted.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by persiandog
is Pot a good hiccup cure ? I have been trying to find something for a long time.
Persian.

It'll make you forget about the hiccups, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Only one solution. Adulthood shouldn't be a right, it should be a privilege, granted at the mercy of the State in the form of an Adulthood Licence. Extensive psychological testing will be required, and it will need to be renewed bi-annually.

This Licence will be required for ANY adult activity, to include higher education, marriage, home ownership, etc.

People unable to pass the stringent tests to get said license will be housed in secure dormitories (don't you dare call them prisons!) where we will re-educate the dumbfückitude right outta them. We will administer truth serums to retroactively grade them out. You like rock and roll? You had premarital sex? You drank and drove once? Ran up a credit card? Had a meltdown in a relationship in high school where you turned into a pathetic püssy?

No license for YOU!

I bet there's a whole lot of non-dope-smokers on this forum that'd be living in those dorms.... just sayin'....

OR, we could stop with the nanny-state [bleep], some of y'all could mind your own damn business, and we could let freedom ring across the land, for better and worse.

No need for all that....
Taking money from the government in the form of welfare, food stamps, disability, or what have you? "Please pee in this cup. Your check will be in the mail upon review of test results."

Smoke dope, drink whiskey, shoot junk IDGAF, but I sure don't want my tax dollars subsidizing it.

Eat moose, burn spruce
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

No license for YOU!

Right!

Just making sure you're not "stopping" at pot, though.......

Meth, heroin.... good-to-go, right? If [bleep] gonna get legalized, let's get it done!

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As of right now, for this year alone...

Federal money spent in The War on Drugs - $9,783,951,963

State/Local money spent in The War on Drugs - $16,676,178,688

Total money spent in The War on Drugs - $26,460,130,650

All drug arrests - 1,080,119

Cannabis arrests - 557,341

Imprisoned - 7,023

Is *this* a worthwhile expenditure...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some people realize it is preposterous to 'blame the gun' for the actions of the user, but ironically, will be quick to 'blame the weed' for the actions of the user.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
How about legalizing gambling? That was a ingenuous idea the gooberman came up with, like poor people needed another "out" to get rid of what little cash they had.
Scratch off tickets are like crack around here, and their legal.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I've kept in touch with couple guys from my old neighborhood that I went to school with 1st-12th grades. Both were very bright guys and were active in many things in school. I watched them both go from I'm guessing weekend pot smokers to daily smokers in a years time. Both managed to finish HS but neither had enough motivation to get and keep a decent job.
One of them is still there and has spent his adult life drawing welfare checks and having kids he has no intention of ever paying or and the other guy moved about 90 miles to another town and was doing the same thing until he went to prison for his 8th or 9th burglary conviction.

Weed is a great motivator

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I haven't smoked in over 18 years but I completely agree. You can be a drunk or you can be a pot head. You can also be a social drinker or a social smoker. It all depends on your personal decisions. We don't need government trying to legislate ethics.It just won't work.

If we really wanted to cure society problems we would start with the break down of the family. The war on drugs is just an attempt to treat the symptoms,not an effective cure.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Why doesn't this surprise me...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
I've kept in touch with couple guys from my old neighborhood that I went to school with 1st-12th grades. Both were very bright guys and were active in many things in school. I watched them both go from I'm guessing weekend pot smokers to daily smokers in a years time. Both managed to finish HS but neither had enough motivation to get and keep a decent job.
One of them is still there and has spent his adult life drawing welfare checks and having kids he has no intention of ever paying or and the other guy moved about 90 miles to another town and was doing the same thing until he went to prison for his 8th or 9th burglary conviction.

Weed is a great motivator

So is alcohol.The question is do you have personal responsibility to have one drink in the evening, or do you drink all day every day? You could have easily substituted drinking into your scenario.Why not outlaw alcohol? It has destroyed many more people than pot has. Making pot illegal works no better than making alcohol illegal. Alcohol is simply more sociably acceptable because more people have personal experience with it.

BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
As of right now, for this year alone...

Federal money spent in The War on Drugs - $9,783,951,963

State/Local money spent in The War on Drugs - $16,676,178,688

Total money spent in The War on Drugs - $26,460,130,650

All drug arrests - 1,080,119

Cannabis arrests - 557,341

Imprisoned - 7,023

Is *this* a worthwhile expenditure...?

Compared to this, yes.
Code
Social Security	$929,444,000,000
Medicare (Net)	$595,317,000,000
Medicaid	$577,171,700,000
Vendor Payments (Welfare)	$577,171,700,000
Other Welfare	$480,221,500,000
Total	$3,159,325,900,000

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/year_spending_2016USbn_17bc6n_2030#usgs302

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (44mc, 808outdoors, 7887mm08, 35, 10Glocks, 308ld, 10 invisible), 1,241 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,692
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.