Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Warning: Coulter is talking to Chris Matthews. Keep a barf bag handy whenever listening to Matthews.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ann-...ump-to-soften-his-stance-on-immigration/
Ann Coulter thinks it’s a “mistake” for Donald Trump to soften his stance on immigration.

Coulter has been one of Trump’s most fervent supporters, particularly for his strident stance on immigration. She said his recent indications that he could moderate on the issue sounded to her like “tired talking points.”

She appeared on MSNBC’s Hardball Tuesday evening, where Chris Matthews asked her to weigh in on recent remarks from Trump in which he admitted that he was considering “softening” his policies on immigration. “We’re not looking to hurt people,” Trump had said.

Coulter said Trump’s comments “sounded very consultant to me,” adding, “This could be the shortest book tour ever if he’s really softening his position on immigration.” Her latest book is entitled In Trump We Trust.

“I don’t think he is” softening, she added.

“I think this is a mistake. It sounds like it’s coming from consultants,” she said. “I’ve thought he’s made other mistakes, and I’ve given him constructive criticism when I think he makes a mistake. I think this is a mistake.”

For instance, Coulter was fiercely critical of Trump’s choice of Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, a move she said was “Trump’s first mistake.”

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Coulter makes money by selling books and making appearances, so it's in her best interest to stir [bleep].

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RWE
Coulter makes money by selling books and making appearances, so it's in her best interest to stir [bleep].

Very true, but a hard line stance on immigration was one of the primary things that got a lot of supporters to choose him over the other dozen candidates.

New campaign management and within a week you have a possible softening on immigration. Coulter does make sense that it does sound like "consultant" talk.

Last edited by Calhoun; 08/24/16.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For once I actually agree with that bitch.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Trump "considering softening his policies".
I also read he was "considering several different entrees
for lunch".

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
She's wrong...Like it or not, the presidential election is decided by the middle, not the right or the left. So taking an extreme position on anything isn't going to help you with moderate voters, and that's who he needs to appeal to...he already has the right sewn up, so why keep preaching to the choir?

And of all the positions to choose to dig your heels in on, immigration is the dumbest. Neither the Right or the Left has anything approaching a workable solution to immigration, so the chance that ANYTHING is going to happen with immigration is about nil. So why die on that hill?

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, that hard line attitude was just for primarys.

Now he has to win the election.

After that, we'll find out what he really stands for.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by poboy
Trump "considering softening his policies".
I also read he was "considering several different entrees
for lunch".
He'll make chit outta those too. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
he already has the right sewn up, so why keep preaching to the choir?
Ah, so he doesn't lose them? A lot of the people who supported Trump are not consistent voters. It won't take much wiggle on core issues to make them stay home.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE
Well, that hard line attitude was just for primarys.

Now he has to win the election.

After that, we'll find out what he really stands for.

"We have to pass it to find out what's in it..." Nancy Pelosi

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by RickyD
Ah, so he doesn't lose them? A lot of the people who supported Trump are not consistent voters. It won't take much wiggle on core issues to make them stay home.
How do you know that? I don't think you know what you're talking about. I think the people who support Trump have been screwed one time too many, by the establishment GOP types. Given a choice, they chose the non establishment candidate.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by benchman
How do you know that? I don't think you know what you're talking about. I think the people who support Trump have been screwed one time too many, by the establishment GOP types. Given a choice, they chose the non establishment candidate.

How do you know that?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GunGeek
She's wrong...Like it or not, the presidential election is decided by the middle, not the right or the left. So taking an extreme position on anything isn't going to help you with moderate voters, and that's who he needs to appeal to...he already has the right sewn up, so why keep preaching to the choir?

And of all the positions to choose to dig your heels in on, immigration is the dumbest. Neither the Right or the Left has anything approaching a workable solution to immigration, so the chance that ANYTHING is going to happen with immigration is about nil. So why die on that hill?

unfreaking believable..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
unfreaking believable..
That someone your age doesn't get that still. Republicans will vote for the Republican, and Democrats will vote Democrat. The independents whom are mostly moderate are now a larger group than D's and R's combined; they are the one's who actually decide a presidential election. And it's been that way since I can remember.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I recall in the primaries it was said about 20% of Trump voters identified as liberals or moderates. I view moderates and independents as mostly lieberals who are ashamed to admit it. Voting republican would not be consistent for them. Of course, the liberals could have been plants, too, who only voted R to get the candidate they believed could more easily be defeated.

We've all be screwed many times too many by the establishment. That is not an exclusive mantra for Trump supporters by any means. Many didn't buy that Trump was anything but the establishment, regardless of what and how he said it. I'll take him over Hillary and vote accordingly, but he's an unknown quantity with a concerning sudden change of "heart" that has never sat well with me. Time will tell.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'd doubt that Trump is softening is immigration position. I'd go with his nuancing it in a more appealing vernacular.

Trump is a nationalist. He will put America first.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Of course she's right. One of the main reasons for his success has been his hard line stance on illegal immigrants. Give that up, and he loses enthusiasm from his supporters. Many might even abandon him, taking it as a sign that the base has been tricked again.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by GunGeek

unfreaking believable..
Hate to give jorge a +1, but he hit the nail on the head with that comment.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Coulter is 100% right on this. He MUST NOT let up on this..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not too worry, Donald. Your True Believers won't turn on you, no matter how many times you change your position on every issue.

See?

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,499 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,470
Posts18,471,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.