Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
It appears that Kansas voters have had enough of the Right Wing Experiment that has gutted the once great state of Kansas. I think this will be the beginning of the end for the Crazy Conservative movement once we factor in the "Trump Effect" this fall

Time will tell

Moderate Republicans rejoiced as they added up their victories the morning after Kansas’ primary election at the beginning of the month.

More than a dozen incumbent, conservative GOP members of the state’s legislature, who were allied with Gov. Sam Brownback (R), were defeated in contested primaries.

“It’s step one,” Carlin said. “In November, there needs to be additional progress.”

However, Democrat Sen. Laura Kelly said she expects Brownback to “just retreat and dig in” for the next two years, the remainder of his second term in office

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...mocrats-say-politics-changing-in-kansas/

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

I sure don't know all the Kansas details, as I left there after college, in 1973.
But most of my relatives there are very happy that their tax bill is much lower.

NRA Patron
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Thanks for taking the time clear from Alaska to tell me my state isnt great anymore.

Crawl back into the hole that you came from. No wonder everyone has you on ignore.

You have no idea what is really going on here in Kansas.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
There's nothing wrong with Kansas that a rebound in grain and oil and gas prices wouldn't fix.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I bet! the Trade Off is the schools and local governments are shutting down due to a lack of funds. Large businesses are fleeing the state as a result thus lower tax receipts...Butterfly effect..

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I have good friends in Goodland and Beloit who keep me informed so it is secondhand info but these are good guys with good info....If I am making a mistake please fill us in!

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
It appears that Kansas voters have had enough of the Right Wing Experiment that has gutted the once great state of Kansas. I think this will be the beginning of the end for the Crazy Conservative movement once we factor in the "Trump Effect" this fall

Time will tell

Moderate Republicans rejoiced as they added up their victories the morning after Kansas’ primary election at the beginning of the month.

More than a dozen incumbent, conservative GOP members of the state’s legislature, who were allied with Gov. Sam Brownback (R), were defeated in contested primaries.

“It’s step one,” Carlin said. “In November, there needs to be additional progress.”

However, Democrat Sen. Laura Kelly said she expects Brownback to “just retreat and dig in” for the next two years, the remainder of his second term in office

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...mocrats-say-politics-changing-in-kansas/

Don't all you fuggers in Alaska receive a government check just for living there?

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Don't all you fuggers in Alaska receive a government check just for living there?

Please don't lump all of us with the POS.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kansas is an example of when you take ANY idea to an extreme. Just like you can't tax your way to prosperity, you can't do the opposite either. Like pretty much everything else in life, moderation is the key.

The notion that tax cuts alone will fuel economic expansion is preposterous. If you cut taxes, but have NO plan for economic expansion, the result is 100% predictable; you're going to have big deficits.

And the type of tax cuts you do are very important as well. Cutting taxes on PERSONAL income for the very wealthy has absolutely NOTHING to do with economic expansion; never has, never will.

You can predict some economic expansion with personal income tax cuts for those who make less than $100k. There will be more consumerism, but it won't be huge.

To spur an economy with tax cuts, it has to be focused on corporations, NOT personal income tax. But again, it needs to be focused not on the big corporations, but the small and medium sized corporations. And your best bang for the buck is to vastly reduce taxation on capital expenditure for small to medium sized corporations. THAT is where you'll get economic expansion from tax cuts.

But what Kansas did was just freaking dumb.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Also, the POS has trolled this topic before with no success.

Previous Trolling Here

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Please don't lump all of us with the POS.

Oh, I don't. Am I wrong about this though?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If there has ever been a bigger idiot than you on this forum I would be completely shocked. What an a$$ clown.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We middle class have to support the lowlife's that dont work plus get all the free food, government subsidies. You watch them pay for better food than you can afford with their Lone Star card, then watch them out in the parking lot in a better auto than you can afford. Go figure! I see them in convenient stores buying beer and butts with their free cards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If there were any truth to trickle down economics, we'd all be in better shape now than at any time in US history.

Sadly, the Democrats with their tax and spend theology are just as flawed.

There exists NO political party in the US that actually understands sound economics.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (17Fan, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,318
Posts18,487,346
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.